Anthony Bourdain is Dead

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
Peace,

Sorry to hear that.

Mental illness/depression/despair impact us as well. It’s dangerous to suggest that we don’t have to worry about that shit.
Correct. We're all subject to this sick society and interpretation of "life." From the manicured suburbs and streets and to the faux financial system, to the mirage and wealth and fame, were all subject to the bs everyday.

Some can handle it and some can't unfortunately.

Wow they sure came to a suicide Conclusion

Pretty damn fast..

They had an investigation already????

I questioned the speed of that assessment as well.

Something about this feels off, but idk.

BigDaddyBuk

still not dizzy.
Platinum Member
Peace,

Sorry to hear that.

Mental illness/depression/despair impact us as well. It’s dangerous to suggest that we don’t have to worry about that shit.
Sorry bruh, but 80% of suicides in that age range are white men. It is an epidemic, and they tend to do it without any indication of anxiety, depression, or any other type of mental/emotional disorder.

Ill Paragraph

Lord of the Perfect Black
BGOL Investor
Peace,

Sorry bruh, but 80% of suicides in that age range are white men. It is an epidemic, and they tend to do it without any indication of anxiety, depression, or any other type of mental/emotional disorder.

Didn’t say it wasn’t a problem for them. I said it wasn’t just them, and we ignore mental illness/depression in the black community at our own peril.

kirkout

DCPG
BGOL Investor
Anthony was a good man. But I don’t understand the weakness of the mind of white men that cause this.
You’re a very intelligent brother so it’s surprising to hear you say this. Depression affects every race, creed or color. Black men are affected by depression and have committed suicide due to it. So it has nothing to due with “the weakness of the mind”. This attitude is one of the reasons why depression in our community goes unchecked and rears its ugly head in other ways. Rather it be self-medication, violence, or some other negative form.

Ill Paragraph

BGOL Investor
Peace,

You’re a very intelligent brother so it’s surprising to hear you say this. Depression affects every race, creed or color. Black men are affected by depression and have committed suicide due to it. So it has nothing to due with “the weakness of the mind”. This attitude is one of the reasons why depression in our community goes unchecked and rears its ugly head in other ways. Rather it be self-medication, violence, or some other negative form.

Cats are liking the comment too. Shit is sad. And telling.

water

Transparent, tasteless, odorless
OG Investor

sammyjax

Grand Puba of Science
Platinum Member
Peace,

Cats are liking the comment too. Shit is sad. And telling.
I think you guys are kind of missing the point.

Its not about being callous and obviously no one is saying that they are the only demo committing suicide, but white males are cornering that damn market and it's weird that the most privileged class in history is also the most suicide prone, and by such a large margin.

RIP, I really dug dude. I've also known people of color who did it, as I'm sure we all have. Shit scares me, really. Someone close to me deals with chronic anxiety/depression and suicidal ideation sometimes, so I'm not insensitive to it.

water

OG Investor
Correct. We're all subject to this sick society and interpretation of "life." From the manicured suburbs and streets and to the faux financial system, to the mirage and wealth and fame, were all subject to the bs everyday.

Some can handle it and some can't unfortunately.

I questioned the speed of that assessment as well.

Something about this feels off, but idk.

cause massa we sick

water

OG Investor
Rates.png

water

OG Investor
bang-bang-4.png

The epidemic of white male suicide

White men are killing themselves more than any other race.

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 60 percent of all suicides are firearm-related and 80 percent of firearm-related suicides are by white males. These men are older, uneducated and from an impoverished socioeconomic background.

“Roughly 4 in 10 gun owners (38 percent) say there is a gun that is both loaded and easily accessible to them all of the time when they’re at home. Men are especially likely to have a loaded gun at the ready,” wrote Kim Parker, director of social trends and research at the Pew Research Center, in a study.

Men are more likely to participate in gun oriented activities, according to researchers a the Pew Research Center.

According to sociologists, the general populace remains focused on the tragedies of gun violence related to school shootings, gang violence and homicides, but unknowingly ignore the biggest offender of firearm related deaths: suicides.

“Low levels of household income ($20,000 or less) are associated with lifetime mental disorders and suicide attempts,” the Department of Psychiatry at the University of Manitoba, Canada, reported in a 2011 population-based longitudinal study on the relationship between household income and mental disorders. “The recent global economic recession has promoted increasing concern about the impact of decreasing income as a risk factor for mental disorders and suicidal behavior.”

Parker wrote, “Americans see many factors as playing a role in gun violence in the country today. Eighty-six percent say the ease with which people can illegally obtain guns contributes to gun violence a great deal or a fair amount; more than half say the same about family instability (74 percent), lack of economic opportunities (65 percent).”

The less a person makes, the more likely they are to kill themselves, especially white males. According to sociologists, the reason white men are killing themselves is not because of guns but the white-oppression complex.

Mitch Berbrier, a sociologist and professor of sociology at The University of Alabama in Huntsville, worked to explain white-male discontent in a 2014 article in the journal, Society for the Study of Social Problems. “(It’s) the feeling that if whites express pride in their heritage, they are branded as racists and bigots,”

Tim Wise, an anti-racist activist and writer who has spoken at more than 600 universities across the country since the mid-1990s said, “When you’ve had the luxury of presuming yourself to be the norm, the prototype of an American, any change in the demographic and cultural realities in your society will strike you as outsized attacks on your status.”

A description of gun ownership by age, race, education and location according to researchers at the Pew Research Center.

“On top of that, 3 percent of the population owns half of the guns in our country and a majority of that 3 percent are white men,” Wise said. “The fetishization of firearms is specific to white males and appears to be a way for them to assert their masculinity, and when that doesn’t help, they turn them on themselves.”

Max Samis, press secretary for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, said his organization is trying to cut gun deaths in half by 2025.

“The reason people own guns varies, but it’s mainly for protection,” Samis said. “These people fear something and feel the need to have guns. The reality is, most people use firearms on themselves instead of an intruder.”

According to sociologists, white uneducated men of impoverished socioeconomic backgrounds want to protect their homes and families even if they have to by force. Their fear of losing their masculinity and having their racist image of the “prototype of American” challenged leads them to despair.

“The gun becomes their sacred object,” Wise wrote on Twitter. “Gun control for these owners has come to represent an attack on their masculinity, independence and moral identity.”

http://arizonasonoranewsservice.com/the-epidemic-of-white-male-suicide/

Ill Paragraph

BGOL Investor
Peace,

I think you guys are kind of missing the point.

Its not about being callous and obviously no one is saying that they are the only demo committing suicide, but white males are cornering that damn market and it's weird that the most privileged class in history is also the most suicide prone, and by such a large margin.

RIP, I really dug dude. I've also known people of color who did it, as I'm sure we all have. Shit scares me, really. Someone close to me deals with chronic anxiety/depression and suicidal ideation sometimes, so I'm not insensitive to it.

I don’t disagree but you just wrapped some much needed context around what was initially (and deliberately) a completely callous and dismissive comment.

LordSinister

One Punch Mayne
Super Moderator
I think what Jagu is saying is that white men commit suicide at a much higher rate, yet have all the advantages in society.

Anthony was an ex junkie that ended up on CNN. Andrew Zimmer was sucking dick in alleys for cash and has his own tv show.

There is always a way out if you're white. Yet for some reason they seem to want to end it.

Deezz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
RIP to the guy, but I'm am sick of every time a CAC dying all the love and forgiveness they get for such a selfish and cowardly act.

From Robin Williams to Philip Seymour Hoffman, CACs get a pass when they kill themselves or OD :smh:

Whatever.....

Last edited:

sammyjax

Grand Puba of Science
Platinum Member
Peace,

I don’t disagree but you just wrapped some much needed context around what was initially (and deliberately) a completely callous and dismissive comment.
Brother

Callous and dismissive feelings from black men towards white men are the best white men could hope for in the system they've created here

Word to mills lane

But hey I get what you're saying

SIDESHOW

Uncle Juice
BGOL Investor
RIP to the guy, but I'm am sick of every time a CAC dying all the love they and forgiveness they get for such a selfish and cowardly act.

From Robin Williams to Philip Seymour Hoffman, CACs get a pass when they kill themselves or OD :smh:

Whatever.....
Man it has nothing to do with selfishness. When someone is battling depression, they are not in a normal state of mind. In that moment they are trying to escape whatever it is that is tormenting them. No one wants to leave their kids and family.