Anime Fans, What's the hottest anime out at the moment? - Suggestions Thread

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Broke on down and had to watch a couple episodes of Fire force...

Man I love Demon Slayer but Fire Force speaks to my soul... Everything about this is unique and the fights demand a 7.1 sound system.. This shit has some of the best sound effects that I’ve ever seen in an anime.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
nah DS still slays FF

My problem with Demon Slayer is that Zenitsu is the most annoying anime character that I've ever seen... there were episodes where I had to turn the volume down because his cowardly screaming was to loud and lasted way to long...

Plus I have no clue how he made it through final selection when his powers only work if he is unconscious or asleep... that shit lasted over a week... There is no way he was unconscious all the time.

If Zenitsu was a minor character .... I wouldn't hold it against the show, but dude is a main character and his voice is like Finger nails on a board.... I can't stand it..

And it's because of dude..... that Demon Slayer loses points for me.

guyver

Rising Star
Platinum Member
My problem with Demon Slayer is that Zenitsu is the most annoying anime character that I've ever seen... there were episodes where I had to turn the volume down because his cowardly screaming was to loud and lasted way to long...

Plus I have no clue how he made it through final selection when his powers only work if he is unconscious or asleep... that shit lasted over a week... There is no way he was unconscious all the time.

If Zenitsu was a minor character .... I wouldn't hold it against the show, but dude is a main character and his voice is like Finger nails on a board.... I can't stand it..

More so than Asta from Black Clover the first few subbed episodes? Zenitsu is the more entertaining of the 3 characters to me and somewhat more realistic.

Fire Force is ok, but none of the characters standout.i dont really care if i miss an episode of Fire Force yet. It just feels like a generic Shonen. Well before episode 13 ( current FF episode) Demon Slayer had my full attention and I knew it was something special. Honestly, I do feel like a lot of people are just being sheep thou.i understand everyone loved episode 19 , but one episode doesn't make a great series. Truthfully it's to early to say what is the better series.

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member

More so than Asta from Black Clover the first few subbed episodes? Zenitsu is the more entertaining of the 3 characters to me and somewhat more realistic.

Fire Force is ok, but none of the characters standout.i dont really care if i miss an episode of Fire Force yet. It just feels like a generic Shonen. Well before episode 13 ( current FF episode) Demon Slayer had my full attention and I knew it was something special. Honestly, I do feel like a lot of people are just being sheep thou.i understand everyone loved episode 19 , but one episode doesn't make a great series. Truthfully it's to early to say what is the better series.
feel the same way guyver does
also i expected more from FF since it came from the same creator as soul eater

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool

Really? He’s one of my favorite parts of the show. He’s loud and insane but I find him hilarious, I walk around my crib imitating the way he calls for nezuko and tanjiro when he was lost in the woods lol

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member
I was actually surprised that Dr.Stone was worth watching. Initially I was going to pass on it, but I'm happy I didn't. I could never get into Steins Gate and figured since DS was based around science/scientists too it wouldn't entertain me either.
Whats the connection in steins gate? Its the the same scientist?

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Really? He’s one of my favorite parts of the show. He’s loud and insane but I find him hilarious, I walk around my crib imitating the way he calls for nezuko and tanjiro when he was lost in the woods lol

That dudes voice drives me fucking crazy. It wouldn’t bother me if it was occasionally but he is shouting in every scene.. excluding the flashback.

I can’t stand dude. It’s the only thing that holds dragon slayer back for me. Thank gawd he isn’t in every episode.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member

Completely disagree about Fire force... it’s a unique series that has extremely original fight scenes.. dude fights with Flames coming from his feet. Plus I love how this is basically a show about treating exorcisms in a unique way...

Demon slayer is an amazing show but there are a lot of points that feel naruto like to me. And fire force also follows naruto beats but it’s a unique blend. The fight scenes, the story, the animation, and the voice acting are top notch and the first season was fantastic but it’s not as original as Fire force.

We just have a difference of opinion. I know I’m going to be in the minority on this one.

Last edited:

guyver

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Whats the connection in steins gate? Its the the same scientist?

The series are not related. I just meant both had a main protagonist that was a scientist and science was a big part of that series as well.

Stein's Gate is considered to be a good series by a lot of people. I personally couldn't get into it.

guyver

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Completely disagree about Fire force... it’s a unique series that has extremely original fight scenes.. dude fights with Flames coming from his feet. Plus I love how this is basically a show about treating exorcisms in a unique way...

Demon slayer is an amazing show but there are a lot of points that feel naruto like to me. The fight scenes, the story, the animation, and the voice acting are top notch and the first season was fantastic but it’s not as original as Fire force.

We just have a difference of opinion. I know I’m going to be in the minority on this one.

Not a knock against you, but based on some of the other shows you hold in high esteem you seem to be into series that involve a lot of fighting/action. The exception to the rule being Hi Score Girl. I'm sure you're into other type of series but that's just an observation from what I can recall of the top of my head and there is nothing wrong with it.

Also, in general you tend to hype a lot of series and other shows/movies that are not anime related. You have had a few series touch or talk to your soul.

For me, I judge series by its characters and plot. This goes against anime in general, but I dont really even get caught up in how anime visually looks. In my mind I dont even watch a lot of anime and I'm not a hardcore fan.like most people, I mainly watch Shonen. I break the taboo law of watching dubs over subs. That being said I'm selective about what I recommend and how I rank series. Most series are perfectly fine for normal anime fans, but only a few series would be recommended to people who view anime as just for kids or are just getting into anime.

Right now Demon Slayer has more developed characters who continue to grow as the series progresses. The plot while generic is still still interesting. The music and art work are well above average. The overall pacing of the series is good. The action scenes are entertaining. The story of Demon Slayer is nothing new, but it still stands out.

Someone else mentioned FF was by the same person/team behind Soul Eater. I was never a fan of that series either. The only thing unique about FF is fire fighting in their world is related to fighting out of control humans who have fire based abilities with their own fire based team members. It's not bad series by any means, but so far it is not a tier one series. It reminds me of a mixture of Shakugan no Shana, Blue Exorcist and Soul Eater. Given that it's only thirteen episodes in I dont have much to judge it off. What I do know is the story isn't pulling me in and the characters don't share the uniqueness as the concept of the series.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
This shit right here.. made me want to throw my remote.... All he does is fucking Shout and act like a bitch!!

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
Does anyone have links they can put downstairs to the new ep of high score girl with subs? Can only find raws in my usual spots at the moment.

guyver

Rising Star
Platinum Member
i just started fire force yesterday.

while i am entertained it is in no way near the quality of demon force. not close. at all.

I haven't been watching it lately, but I plan to catch up after a few more weeks. Fire Force is a good action series however it doesn't make me want to tune in weekly.

I've been saying that Demon Slayer was the overall better series, but I still want to see how FF ends to really compare.

guyver

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I was trying to wait til the season was over but i said fuck it.. Im all caught up,Dr. Stone is really good.
Yeah another show that's very good and different that isn't really getting talked about.

I know a lot of people aren't fans of Sword Art Online, but this season is worth watching in my opinion. The only season I would tell people to skip is the Alfheim story.

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
Yeah another show that's very good and different that isn't really getting talked about.

I know a lot of people aren't fans of Sword Art Online, but this season is worth watching in my opinion. The only season I would tell people to skip is the Alfheim story.

I think anime need more originality...imo

Im going to wait til the season is over..Last season of SAO was great..

For whatever reason,alot of people dont like SAO:Gun Gale..I thought the show was great.

guyver

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I think anime need more originality...imo

Im going to wait til the season is over..Last season of SAO was great..

For whatever reason,alot of people dont like SAO:Gun Gale..I thought the show was great.
Gun Gale was cool. It was a good change of pace. However, I can see why people may not have liked it considering it focused on guns and worse had Kirito use a sword throughout the story that focused on guns. The second have of that season felt like Filler thou.