Altered Carbon Season 2 Discussion Thread (2018) (Scifi) Season 2 DROPS 2/27

p5ych3

Curry Is My God
BGOL Patreon Investor
I may have missed it, but how did Rei get so rich? I know she had a lil come up from the initial betrayal, but she seemed as rich as Bancroft.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Wonder if he was backed up

Man I hope he was.... we know that Ol girl transferred her Essense in a synth body. Maybe there’s a little bit of poe in her.

Side note... Ol girl is going to be a fucking nightmare. Highly trained fighter, robot body and slightly unhinged

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
I may have missed it, but how did Rei get so rich? I know she had a lil come up from the initial betrayal, but she seemed as rich as Bancroft.

Ol girl was raised as a criminal... she probably used her criminal connections to amass a large amount of wealth over those hundreds of years. You also have to remember that she had hand her hands in everyone’s pockets because she was playing so many roles within the meth organization.

p5ych3

Curry Is My God
BGOL Patreon Investor
Ol girl was raised as a criminal... she probably used her criminal connections to amass a large amount of wealth over those hundreds of years. You also have to remember that she had hand her hands in everyone’s pockets because she was playing so many roles within the meth organization.

Ahhh. I forgot the time line. Thanks.

I watched an interview with Rei, she said her nude fighting scenes were real.

tical

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The sci-fi part is good. The story is good. The acting is really bad. If you can stand the bad acting, you'll probably like it.

Really bad acting? Huh? If you want to knock the main star Joel Kinnaman then nothing to see here. He ain't getting an Emmy anytime soon. But to try and suggest somehow the acting is worst than most movies/tv-shows is a wild swing and miss.

As a matter of fact, one of the cast members has done some of the best acting I've seen in a long time.

Raymond

Rising Star
Registered
Really bad acting? Huh? If you want to knock the main star Joel Kinnaman then nothing to see here. He ain't getting an Emmy anytime soon. But to try and suggest somehow the acting is worst than most movies/tv-shows is a wild swing and miss.

As a matter of fact, one of the cast members has done some of the best acting I've seen in a long time.
It's not a knock on the main star. The acting was bad period. I felt like I was watching "Bring It On" or some lame shit like that. Some characters were good. But overall, the acting was bad.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
It's not a knock on the main star. The acting was bad period. I felt like I was watching "Bring It On" or some lame shit like that. Some characters were good. But overall, the acting was bad.

I’m the first to knock bad acting but overall I was impressed with the acting in this show. I did have issues with some of the dialogue.

The only one whose acting I’ll call out is the girl that played Ortega but I’ll give her a pass for nakedness

Last edited:

kesq

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Can't wait for this....

There are going to be alot of folks that didn't read the book...
that's going to wonder why a White dude is walking around calling himself Takeshi Kovacs, but there's a reason for that.

Update... Official Trailer 1... :hellyea:

Updated ..... Teaser 1

Awright. I know I'm late. It's a holiday, I'm lit and I just finished episode one. I promise to read the book as soon as I finish The Three Body Problem. But for now, here is what I see:

Dude is a straight up warrior who was actually pretty happy being dead. But since they woke his ass up, he has to admit a little curiosity as to the shit they dragged him into. Beyond that, if they piss him off too much he is like, " fuck you, kill me, I didn't want to wake up in the first place." This shit is giving me a new way to look at death. BGOL writing crew, please give me a read as to whether I am understanding the author's intent.

Raymond

Rising Star
Registered
I’m the first to knock bad acting but overall I was impressed with the acting in this show. I did have issues with some of the dialogue.

The only one whose acting I’ll call out is the girl that played Ortega but I’ll give her a pass for nakedness

Ortega was most of it. I had to fast forward her scenes. But then pause and rewind the first time she got naked. Joel Kinnaman was boring and predictable at the beginning, but grew better towards the end. At times the episodes felt like they were made for a ten year-old who watches Fast and Furios. But then when Quellcrist or Bancroft were on, the dialogue was interesting.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Ortega was most of it. I had to fast forward her scenes. But then pause and rewind the first time she got naked. Joel Kinnaman was boring and predictable at the beginning, but grew better towards the end. At times the episodes felt like they were made for a ten year-old who watches Fast and Furios. But then when Quellcrist or Bancroft were on, the dialogue was interesting.

I think Joel was supposed to start off boring in the beginning. You have to remember that at that point... Kovacs was basically a lone wolf that was trained to bring in people only to use them as necessary cannon fodder. He wasn’t trying to form any relationships. He just wanted to get put back on Ice. It was his visions of Quell’s message that slowly brought him back to the Kovacs that we saw in the flashbacks.... the one that understood the power of community. That’s why he began to open up more in the end. I was really impressed with Joel’s acting. I’m going to hate to see him go but there’s no way to keep him when they go to Mars next season.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

0vYHD93rAKsRt3fhUTuUW2WC0A1oOXvSAOnRRccZF3c.jpg

zuluking

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
great show , i hope these a second session but i doubt it ,judging by the rotten tomato rating , and the mixed view in this thread.

T'Challa

Rising Star
Registered
Yeah, idk about this. Other than Hurt Locker I've never seen him give a standout performance. I don't think he can be a lead but we'll see.

:please:..bring Tamara Taylor back and get her nekkid.

2450527-0650154025-tumbl.gif

The Heck... Dude was the Shit in SHE HATE ME

Go and watch Shelter and Triple 9.

and along with his role as Falcon, Anthony is very quietly having a prolific career..

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
MAn I never clicked a thread this fast in my life..

You had me up here thinking that a New trailer dropped.. I couldnt find any new news.
:lol: Everyone is talking about birdbox and all the other Netflix shows but no one talks about this anymore.