Altered Carbon Season 2 Discussion Thread (2018) (Scifi) Season 2 DROPS 2/27

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
looking forward to this.

The concept is so ill that they can change lead actors every season or even within a season.
With the book its based on i believe they do change leads aka shells every book. Book one was the whe first season and hopefully the same with season 2....

No more condensing a whole 300-500 page book into 2 hrs, bring on the seasons! Do that shit right

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member
i didn't even think about rewatching this in 4k. i had a 4k tv but not a 4k netflix account when i first watched it. now i have a 4k tv. and there is a difference watching 4k on 75 inches.

D'Evils

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Never got around to watching the first season but this made me a viewer...

Luke Cage's Simone Missick Has Joined Altered Carbon Season 2

https://io9.gizmodo.com/luke-cages-simone-missick-has-joined-altered-carbon-sea-1832815906

Simone Missick, the actress behind Misty Knight in Netflix’s now-canceled Marvel television universe, has traded in her bionic arm for a cortical stack. Netflix has announced that she’s joining Altered Carbonfor its second season, along with a few other new faces. Plus, we’ve got the return of two important characters—even though they’re both supposed to be dead. Of course, as we all know, death means nothing on this show.

Netflix has released a cast announcement trailer (first revealed by Deadline) revealing who will be joining Anthony Mackie, the new Takeshi Kovacs, for the second season of Altered Carbon, which has just started production. Mackie, who plays Falcon in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, has taken the mantle from Joel Kinnaman, who played the body-trading protagonist in the first season.

Missick, who starred in Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and The Defenders as Misty Knight, will be playing a highly skilled bounty hunter named Trepp. Dina Shihabi (Daredevil) will be taking on the role of Dig 301—one of the futuristic society’s many obsolete AI programs, who focused on archaeology projects. There’s Colonel Carrera, played by Torben Liebrecht, who’s the leader of the Protectorate Special Forces, meaning those soldiers in that elaborate shell-like armor. And finally, James Saito will be playing Tanaseda Hideki, a Yakuza boss with a lot of power and a personal history with Takeshi.

Netflix also confirmed two series returns: Hamilton’s Renée Elise Goldsberry as revolutionary leader Quellcrist Falconer, and Chris Conner as the AI hotel manager Poe—despite the fact that Poe was killed by the end of the season, and technically Quellcrist was never really alive (she appeared to Kovacs in a series of visions). However, it was hinted at during the season that Quellcrist survived because her personality had been backed up in a “stack,” meaning the device people use to switch their consciousness from body to body.

Based on the books by Richard K. Morgan, Netflix’s Altered Carbon is being helmed by Laeta Kalogridis and Alison Schapker, who joined as co-showrunner for the second season. No release date has been announced.

Last edited:

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
you must have missed where they said Simone Missick is now on the show :eek2:

i'll take her nekkid!!

I didn't miss it. But TT been fucking with me for a long time with those 5-inch heels and tight dresses on Bones. It's time for her to let a brother have a look.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Ya'll negros are killing me with the Bumping....

I'm over here feenin for more

anigif_sub-buzz-10402-1512409649-2.gif

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Still no fucking release date... but i have some news..

Power star Lela Loren joins season 2 of Netflix's Altered Carbon
giphy.gif

Lela Loren has landed her first post-Power gig.

Just two days after Power‘s final season premiere killed off Loren’s Angela Valdes, Netflix has announced the actress will star in the second season of Altered Carbon. Joining Anthony Mackie (Avengers: Endgame) and Simone Missick (Luke Cage) in the sophomore installment of the sci-fi series, Loren will play Danica Harlan, the ambitious governor of planet Harlan’s World, who has the support of the people, but an uneasy grip on the surrounding political players.

“I get to play the governor of a planet, which is so cool,” the actress tells EW with a laugh. “What drew me to Altered Carbon is the challenge of sci-fi, because science fiction is a whole other animal. I really had so much fun. The challenge of science fiction is there’s an adage when you’re in acting class or school, ‘Don’t get caught acting,’ and the thing with sci-fi is you can’t get away with that, you have to act, because the stakes are so fantastical and sometimes you’re acting in scenes that aren’t fleshed out yet digitally. And so it’s using all these muscles that you don’t use in something that is more realistic like Power. So that made me really excited to be a part of it.”

She continued, “And also one of the things I love about Altered Carbon is that it explores all these deeper philosophical themes of what it means to be human in the face of these futuristic circumstances. A lot of those questions are really important questions that we need to ask ourselves, particularly with society making the choices that we’re making in the moment today.”

https://ew.com/tv/2019/08/27/power-star-lela-loren-altered-carbon/

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
Nakedness. I must have nakedness. Simone and the rest of these chicks better be on that full nudity tip.

I'm not so sure about Mackie. He's been good outside of Scifi/comic-book movies [Hurt Locker especially] but I just don't see him as a lead. One good thing, at least I'll be able to understand him. That mumbling ass motherfucker from the first season was the pits. Had to turn on subtitles to get the dialog.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Finally!!!

Plot synopsis for Season 2.

"Season 2 of the sophisticated and compelling sci-fi drama finds Takeshi Kovacs (Anthony Mackie), the lone surviving soldier of a group of elite interstellar warriors, continuing his centuries-old quest to find his lost love Quellcrist Falconer (Renée Elise Goldsberry). After decades of planet-hopping and searching the galaxy, Kovacs finds himself recruited back to his home planet of Harlan’s World with the promise of finding Quell. Haunted by his past and responsible for investigating a series of brutal murders, Kovacs is stunned to discover his new mission to solve the crime and his pursuit to find Quell are one and the same. With the help of his loyal A.I. Poe (Chris Conner), Kovacs must now partner with new allies to outwit his enemies and find the truth: Who is Quellcrist Falconer?"

---Fucking POE is back and everything is going to be right with the World!!

giphy.gif