Altered Carbon Season 2 Discussion Thread (2018) (Scifi) Season 2 DROPS 2/27

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
yes sir!! i was just looking at the netflix lineup....we got a lot of shit on the way. plus homeland just started

Dude... way to much shit..

Narcos Mexico Season 2 drops Thursday.

Queen Sono drops Feb 28th

Castlevania Drops 3/5

Kingdom Season 2 drops 3/13

Octavia Spencer has a show dropping 3/20

Ozark Season 3 drops 3/27... still waiting for a trailer..

There is also a rumor that the Altered Carbon Anime spin-off drops 3/1/2020

tical

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Altered Carbon (TV series) A television adaptation was announced in 2016. An initial 10-episode season had been ordered by Netflix.[5] The first season premiered on Netflix on 2 February 2018.[6]

Extensive and significant changes to the source material were made in the adaptation.[7]

In the series Envoys are presented as having been trained, deployed and led by Quellcrist Falconer as part of a revolution (called "the Unsettlement") that she leads on Harlan’s World (Kovacs' home planet). Kovacs is shown as having been trained as an Envoy by, and serving as a revolutionary under, Falconer. The Quellist Revolution is crushed by the Protectorate (the established, inter-planetary government) in an apocalyptic assault. Kovacs, the only survivor, is presented as the last Envoy. In the books, Envoys were and are the elite forces of the Protectorate (which would have been fighting against the revolution); Falconer did lead a revolution but died long before Kovacs was born; Kovacs trained as an Envoy under a different woman; and the Envoy Corps is still very much in use by the Protectorate and remains widely feared, although Kovacs is no longer a member of Corps.

The makers of the show have also chosen to expand the roles of many characters, particularly females.

In the book, the hotel in which Kovacs stays while investigating Bancroft’s murder is themed after Jimi Hendrix. Since the Hendrix estate does not approve of licensing his image for anything they consider violent, the show instead chose the figure of Edgar Allan Poe and named the hotel The Raven.[8] On 8 November 2018, Netflix announced an animated companion film "Altered Carbon: Resleeved"[9][10] set in the same universe and exploring new elements of the story mythology."

^^^Interesting...

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
YES!!!!!!
:dance:

Also, why people hating on Anthony Mackie for the lead role in Altered Carbon Season 2 :dunno:... did i miss something?

Mr. Lengthy

Well some of the jokes are in reference to his Black Mirror episode. I haven't seen it, but I hear he was gay or at least very gay friendly. And also the fact some of his acting is hit or miss.....

Point Blank wasn't terrible....

Saw that Thursday is the day last night.....

Man can't wait

lengthy

Rising Star
OG Investor
Man, A.Mackie is going to be hit or miss.
Well some of the jokes are in reference to his Black Mirror episode. I haven't seen it, but I hear he was gay or at least very gay friendly. And also the fact some of his acting is hit or miss.....

Point Blank wasn't terrible....

Saw that Thursday is the day last night.....

Man can't wait

Okay got it. I saw the black mirror episode - that shit was not a good look, had me mad uncomfortable. fucked up my Watchmen viewing too. to be fair, the Kavacs actor (white guy, not the asian) wasnt great in season 1. lets be real. and the cop Ortega? -- that bitch acting was Horrible, and at some points veerrry painful to look at. Mackie cant be much worse that the white dude.....he better not be. i sincerely hope Ortega does NOT return. Bankcroft and Poe were my fav characters in season 1

havent seen point blank. recommended?

Mr. Lengthy

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Now! It's time...Going to slowly consume this beverage.
I hope A.Mackie is on point.
This is easily one of my favorite SyFy's.

Episode 1...Here we go!

This shit has been on point so far... It's alot more focused. The writing and acting are light years better..The action scenes have been top notch.

My only complaint is that so far.. .there has been ZERO nakedness.. :angry:

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Once again... POE is easily the best example of an A.I. that I've seen on TV. I could have a spin-off just on the A.I.s.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
I kind of wish they dropped the episodes weekly this time.. cause this season is fucking tight.

You can tell that they have a smaller budget... but the story is much better.