Altered Carbon Season 2 Discussion Thread (2018) (Scifi) Season 2 DROPS 2/27

PeerlessMack

Been here longer than you think!
Platinum Member
In the beginning I was like.. Ok She is cute. Nothing more...

But when she got Naked.... All bets were off. She had my full attention and my respect.

Yeah, it was a pleasant surprise seeing her naked. It is because she is petite and she wears loose clothes that you don't notice. That scene when she walked to the bed I was like, "Damn, her shit tight work!" And yes I did rewind it. :hotdamn:

Overall it was a good watch. Loved the visuals. Interested in seeing the budget for it because they sure as hell didn't skimp on effects.

tical

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
b5cs3obvvoznfm2mpwoj.jpg

I'll have more to say about this series in a little. But for now, I have to say I'm thoroughly impressed with this sister (Renée Elise Goldsberry). She was easily the most polished actor in the whole series and deserves more acting roles.

She sold the inspiring leader with a deep cause and prophetic insight with ease! No wasted words, no wasted mannerism, great inflection, great presence, great pose, great natural delivery.

I can't begin to say how much i love seeing people of color in SyFy movies as compared to the stereotyped Soul-Food, Love and Basketball, Medea shit...

Last edited:

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
b5cs3obvvoznfm2mpwoj.jpg

I'll have more to say about this series in a little. But for now, I have to say I'm thoroughly impressed with this sister (Renée Elise Goldsberry). She was easily the most polished actor in the whole series and deserves more acting roles.

I can't begin to say how much i love seeing people of color in SyFy movies as compared to the stereotyped Soul-Food, Love and Basketball, Medea shit...

I was actually kind of impressed with the diversity of this show and I completely agree with you about Ms. Goldsberry.... I thought her and Joel were fucking amazing in this. The scene with them were great.......

tical

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I was actually kind of impressed with the diversity of this show and I completely agree with you about Ms. Goldsberry.... I thought her and Joel were fucking amazing in this. The scene with them were great.......

Indeed, especially for that specific role, she was casted for. That role IS the moral compass of the show and especially of the main character. No small thing!

She set the tone for his inner dialogue and his hero's journey! She informed, not only him but us as the audience!

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Indeed, especially for that specific role, she was casted for. That role IS the moral compass of the show and especially of the main character. No small thing!

She set the tone for his inner dialogue and his hero's journey! She informed, not only him but us as the audience!

My favorite scene was the VR torture scene. I loved everything about that scene..... How he used her to keep him sane, while at the same time.... remembering what she taught him so he could escape.

I also love how the Story is really about her... It's about finding her so she can correct her mistake and burn down this corrupt society. She was absolutely right.... No one should be immortal. The longer you live... The less you feel connected to society.

tical

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
My favorite scene was the VR torture scene. I loved everything about that scene..... How he used her to keep him sane, while at the same time.... remembering what she taught him so he could escape.

I also love how the Story is really about her... It's about finding her so she can correct her mistake and burn down this corrupt society. She was absolutely right.... No one should be immortal. The longer you live... The less you feel connected to society.

That stuff only works if you find an actor that can sell it. She owned the role to the point where you forgot she's just an actress playing a character. Then and more to your point, the writing for her character and the essence of her message was powerful.

Like I said I was really impressed with her acting and that role.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
i liked westworld more...

but solid sci-fi show....nonetheless...

Yeah but Westworld had a 100 million dollar budget and Oscar level actors in it.....

but for a Netflix show... this was amazing. I wasn't expecting this level of quality.

I also agree that I liked Westworld more.... but Westworld Season 1 is fucking masterpiece. It's hard to top a masterpiece season.

Im even slightly worried about Season 2 of westworld mainly because of how amazing season 1 was.

Ill Paragraph

Lord of the Perfect Black
BGOL Investor
Peace,

Yeah but Westworld had a 100 million dollar budget and Oscar level actors in it.....

but for a Netflix show... this was amazing. I wasn't expecting this level of quality.

I also agree that I liked Westworld more.... but Westworld Season 1 is fucking masterpiece. It's hard to top a masterpiece season.

Im even slightly worried about Season 2 of westworld mainly because of how amazing season 1 was.

I hated the way Season 1 ended. Seemed cheesy.

yaBoi

X-pert Professional
Platinum Member
Fucking great series so far... violence, sci-fi, great graphics, and new tech... also, women are FIRE... Works for me!
something to be said about the new tech introduced in the show......shit we really haven't seen before

yaBoi

X-pert Professional
Platinum Member
b5cs3obvvoznfm2mpwoj.jpg

She sold the inspiring leader with a deep cause and prophetic insight with ease! No wasted words, no wasted mannerism, great inflection, great presence, great pose, great natural delivery.

classically trained singer songwriter actress....won a Tony award for Hamilton