*** aLL THiNGs BaTTLe RaP *** Official Thread (everything battle rap related)

c_commander

Up and Coming Asshole
BGOL Investor
I never could get into a male battle rapper with a name that sounds too much like twerk..

Never seen one battle of his, but I hear he chokes a lot is that true..???

I havent peeped the battle rap game for about two years now..

any classics I may have missed??
He chokes more than any top tier battle rapper ever. Think Nuborn but URL keeps booking him because he's a fan favorite who's capable of hanging with anybody when he's on.
As for recent dope battles Tay Rock vs Danny Myers was a good one. K Shine vs Chilla Jones. If you didn't see Daylyt vs Tay Roc you need to. Eazy da Block Captain vs T Rex and him vs Chess. Tsu Surf is even clearly winning right now.

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
He chokes more than any top tier battle rapper ever. Think Nuborn but URL keeps booking him because he's a fan favorite who's capable of hanging with anybody when he's on.
As for recent dope battles Tay Rock vs Danny Myers was a good one. K Shine vs Chilla Jones. If you didn't see Daylyt vs Tay Roc you need to. Eazy da Block Captain vs T Rex and him vs Chess. Tsu Surf is even clearly winning right now.

Tsu Surf is that knigga right now is what you sayin?

Im on that kshine chilla jones.. good looks bruh!!!

c_commander

Up and Coming Asshole
BGOL Investor
Tsu Surf is that knigga right now is what you sayin?

Im on that kshine chilla jones.. good looks bruh!!!
Surf beat John John da Don, New Jerzey Twork and Calicoe clearly in 3 round battles in about a 2 month period with no chokes.

Also Geechi Gotti vs Rum Nitty from last year in a tournament for 100K and K Shine and Lu Castro vs Ave and Fonz are battles to check out

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I havent gotten the caffien app because I dont think I will be able to have time to watch the battles, but i wish there was like highlight clips

grownazzblakman

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I never could get into a male battle rapper with a name that sounds too much like twerk..

Never seen one battle of his, but I hear he chokes a lot is that true..???

I havent peeped the battle rap game for about two years now..

any classics I may have missed??
Assist.

New Jersey Twork had a ton of 'star potential' when he first burst onto the battle scene, about 4-5 years ago.
He had a delivery / style that alot of the younger fans really rocked with & gravitated towards.

But most importantly, he had the FULL SUPPORT of the URL itself, at a time Smack was looking for up & coming top-shelf talent to replace some of the roster who had moved on to pursue other opportunities, like the "Wild-N Out" TV Show, for example. A few of the top Battlers (like Conceited, Hitman Holla, Charlie Clips & Charron) were becoming mainstay cast members on that show.

And here comes NJ Twork... at a time when the game is kinda thirsty to replace some Big Names.
So Smack was grooming him, spoon-feeding him with battles of alot of the top names in battle rap.

NJ Twork was getting ALOT of battles with the top names in battle rap that other battlers struggled to get, or could never get.

For awhile, Twork was LITERALLY on almost every single card/event that Smack was putting out – battling names like Tsu Surf, Charlie Clips, Rum Nitty, Arsonal, Chilla Jones, Geechi Gotti, K-Shine, T-Top, Danny Myers, Calico & Murda Mook.

When Twork is FULLY prepared & on his "A-Game"..... he is very tough to beat... because he can whip a crowd into a FRENZY. :yes:

However, his biggest achilles heel has always been................. his 'preparation' (or lack thereof).

It's always been his downfall. More than anything else.

Twork tends to beat himself (at the wrong time) nowadays.

And recently, he has choked EXTREMELY BADLY in at least the last 5 battles (IN A ROW) that he has been booked for, on Caffeine TV.

So overall, his stock has fallen off. Big Time.

----------------------------------------------------------------
As far as battle rap goes (in general)....

Geechi Gotti got the whole battle rap game in a solid choke hold. :yes:

He's been the #1 Top Dawg for about the last 2-3 years. (And for good reason.)

If you looking for 'any classics' that you might have missed... I'd recommend you start by checking out HIS battles over the last 3 years.

Shheeeiiiitttt....I'm a Loaded Lux fan... but I can admit that Geechi Gotti beat Lux back at the Halloween Event that Smack/URL teamed up with Drake & Chris Brown to do.

Another recent classic was Danny Myers vs Tay Roc. :yes:
That was a WAR.

So was Tsu Surf's last 3 battles against John John Da Don + Calico + NJ Twork.
These last 3 battles he has stepped his work up.
In fact, Surf has never been better.

Also Jakkboy Maine had a classic vs. T-Top back in Aril 2021. :yes:

Shhheeeiiiittt... I think Tsu Surf & Jakkboy Maine had the 2 best 'comebacks' of 2021, in my opinion. Both of them were on a decline at the start of 2021... but after their performances in battles all year long... they both improved their style / delivery & rebuilt their whole reputation.

Last edited:

grownazzblakman

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Agreed. :yes: That name has always bugged me too - lol

After 5 years of battle rapping... I just recently found out that "Twork" is a nickname short for "Trigger Work". (Also, Twork best describes the "wrist action" he feels when he fires a gun.)

Plus he's from Trenton, NJ.

So that's how he got the name NU Jersey Twork.

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

After 5 years of battle rapping... I just recently found out that "Twork" is a nickname short for "Trigger Work". (Also, Twork best describes the "wrist action" he feels when he fires a gun.)

good info

thanks bruh

c_commander

Up and Coming Asshole
BGOL Investor
URL actually dropped a battle on Youtube. I guess they're releasing the battles from Midnight Madness on their channel. Essentially Midnight Madness is some sideshit where battlers are meeting up and battling with money put up and money also put on the floor. Winner takes all. The winners were also getting title belts that they can defend moving forward.

YoBitchChoseMe

Rising Star
Registered

I've lived in Trenton my whole life and never heard of this nigga.

grownazzblakman

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I've lived in Trenton my whole life and never heard of this nigga.
Are you a battle rapper in Trenton? :dunno: Do you watch ALOT of battle rap? :dunno:
Not just Smack/URL, or KOTD, or RBE... but even the small leagues? :dunno:

(e.g. small leagues like: Trap House, We Go Hard TV, Gates of the Garden, Battle Academy (Houston), AHAT TV, Bullpen Battle League, Go-rilla Warfare, Black Ice Cartel, iBattle, The Battle Academy (Philly), Spit Dat Heat, Block City TV, etc)

If not, that might be why you never heard of him. :dunno:

No disrespect. Just saying.

Salute.

https://versetracker.com/rapper/nu-jerzey-twork

1341-Nj-Twork7754.png

Last edited:

EchoCrash

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
So there was a lot of technical difficulties on the show and they replayed the Easy V AyeVerb battle as a “do-over” for that Burger King ass Wi-Fi they were broadcasting on.
Short Recaps with hidden spoilers below.

Charron V T-Top - Charron 2-1 (1st & 3rd.) Not sure why smack booked the Whyte boy on BHM twice, but dude got a pen. The bear is lethal with angles and personal attacks but when you don’t have many or they are proven inaccurate, you just get punched and eventually lose. Not to mention Charron is like Danny and Charlie where if they go after you, they will freestyle and rebuttal you directly. It happened, too many retorts from C, and not enough material from T-Top. He wasn’t bad at all, choke-free. Just too much colonizer action on February.
Easy the Block Captain V AyeVerb - Gentleman’s 30 ETBC. Doing my best not to sound salty, but based on AyeVerb’s last few performances I wasn’t sure why he was up on that stage, let alone against ETBC. AyeVerb reminds me of Paul Pierce, specifically that time when Draymond violated him at the free throw line, asking him why he was he trying to have a retirement tour season and that “they don’t love you like Kobe…” I digress…ETBC was better, but not as hard-hitting as he has been in prior battles. However, this does not take his hunger and the real that he spits with every round. He did his best, but I guess his best wasn’t good enough #jamesingram. Too much passion and moments for ETBC. AyeVerb was happy to receive the complimentary snacks given on the plane. DNA V Hollow The Don - 3-0 DNA. So whereas I confess to having biases against certain rappers, I will always call it the way it went down as a fan of the culture. So first admission is that I am not a fan of Hollow and honestly never saw his appeal. He does (DID) have flow and intangibles, but he doesn’t have much of a pen, IMO. That aside, his last few have been shaky and this one was really bad, bordering on embarrassing. Think like this, there are fans that only know hollow from his last two on Caffeine; if they were to go back and watch his battles against “Beloved” and Clips (BOTH battles that he lost 2-1) They would be besides themselves with the shit he’s been on lately. Especially now. So to the battle…
DNA was much too focused, too many bars, had plenty of complex entendres to get nerds like me hyped and street shit to get the G’s throwing up sets. The most awkward thing about the battles was at the end of Hollow’s first two rounds where he did his “LOM clothing.com…” shit and walked off, only to come back and say “some, I lied!” And then stumble through some weak sauced shit. Everyone in the venue knew it was likely a wrap after the first and that Hollow needed to “fight back” after the 1st round. When he had nothing, stumbled through it, and tried to freestyle his “run-back” after pumpfaking the end of the verse, it was clear it was over and so might his career. I’ll end on this note: catching the events live is SO much different than the playback on the app. I’m using this not to diss, but to draw the parallel so stay with me…Tsu v Lux was bad for Surf because he forgot his rounds and said jersey so many times I though he was casting a spell. The app edited that jawn like crazy so that it didn’t look so bad, but it was. People started talking spicy about Tsu and then he came back last few battles on some Godzilla crushing buildings sh*t. Instant respek had to be put on his name and he made people remember he’s one of the GOATS of this battle rap sh*t. Though I don’t agree, Hollow is in some people’s top 10’s, which is amazing company if you think about who would be on it. He has been bad lately and last night was theeee worse I’ve seen in a long time. In the words of DNA: get him the fuck outta here.

c_commander

Up and Coming Asshole
BGOL Investor
I didn't realize that Remy's women's event was today. 40 BARRS vs QB, Ms. Hustle vs Couture O'fficial vs Casey Jay along with another battle or two

Also URL announced a male vs female battle. This should be interesting and I expect Geechi to be hella disrespectful vs Jaz the Rapper

Last edited:

HeathCliff

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

c_commander

Up and Coming Asshole
BGOL Investor
Sadly, Pat Stay passed away last night.
He was stabbed multiple times, in Halifax, Nova Scotia. :smh:

rwgrew511.jpg

Pat Stay, acclaimed battle rapper, identified as victim of fatal Halifax stabbing
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova...ater-street-sunday-september-4-2022-1.6572399

RIP Big Dawg. You will be missed. :smh:
Thanks for the entertainment while you were here. :smh:

RIP. Completely unexpected. I had just saw a video of Real Deal speaking on the possibility of Pat battling The Game.
He will be missed.

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Sadly, Pat Stay passed away last night.
He was stabbed multiple times, in Halifax, Nova Scotia. :smh:

rwgrew511.jpg

Pat Stay, acclaimed battle rapper, identified as victim of fatal Halifax stabbing
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova...ater-street-sunday-september-4-2022-1.6572399

RIP Big Dawg. You will be missed. :smh:
Thanks for the entertainment while you were here. :smh:

Whaaaa dayammm,

I always thought he was bi racial, pat stay PROVED he was

NOT yo average wight boy rapper.... when he showed up

to a fuckin battle rap, in a rose colored suit, and proceeded

to go toe to toe with a legend Im not saying he won the battle,

but he Definitely did not lose.

I wonder what went down tho.

A woman, money???

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This guy has been one of the main guys to blow up in the last couple of years. Also has a part in the Fresh Prince reboot. Eazy da Block Captain.

he nice, but he GOTTA be related to Chris Rock,

His whole vibe from his voice to is looks

screams chris rock relations!!

Not all rappers put their soul into their craft..

This bruh definitely does,

ol chris rock lookin ass

grownazzblakman

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Whaaaa dayammm,

I always thought he was bi racial, pat stay PROVED he was

NOT yo average wight boy rapper.... when he showed up

to a fuckin battle rap, in a rose colored suit, and proceeded

to go toe to toe with a legend Im not saying he won the battle,

but he Definitely did not lose.

I wonder what went down tho.

A woman, money???
Dunno. :dunno:

But Pat Stay did just drop a diss track against The Game just 2 or 3 days ago... in response to the Game's diss track aginst Eminem.

So it could be some ole... petty (gang-related) payback type street shit. :dunno:

c_commander

Up and Coming Asshole
BGOL Investor
Summer Madness is on now on Caffeine. So far they've had Danny Myers vs Fonz, Shotgun Suge vs Chess and a surprise 1 round battle of Hollow da Don vs Aye Verb. There's still JC vs Surf, Tay Roc vs Swamp and Eazy da Block Captain vs Calicoe left.

Soul On Ice

Democrat 1st!
Certified Pussy Poster
Summer Madness is on now on Caffeine. So far they've had Danny Myers vs Fonz, Shotgun Suge vs Chess and a surprise 1 round battle of Hollow da Don vs Aye Verb. There's still JC vs Surf, Tay Roc vs Swamp and Eazy da Block Captain vs Calicoe left.
Is caffeine app free to watch?