*** aLL THiNGs BaTTLe RaP *** Official Thread (everything battle rap related)

Skinnie Talls

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
30lj5h2.jpg

Instead of posting multiple threads I am dumping all new battles posted in this thread. For my first post I may as well make it a benchmark post.

In a new video, Loaded Lux announces his next battle will be on the UW Battle League. The battle will be headlining their next event, which will take place on Super Bowl weekend. This will be the first Loaded Lux battle, since the battle with Calicoe from URL’s Summer Madness 2 event went viral.

His opponent will be announced on the UW Battle League Show, this Sunday from 4-7 pm ESTon Non Fiction Radio. You’ll be able to tune into the show at NFPRadio.com. We will have more information on his opponent, and the rest of the card, as soon as it becomes available.
Loaded Lux Announces His Next Battle For The UW Battle League

:cool:

Skinnie Talls

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm about to start things off with my Top 5 favorite battles to get posted in 2013 up to today. In no order ...

Skinnie Talls

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
My understanding is that URL doesn't stream PPV on the web because of bootlegging & doesn't do PPV on tv because of satellite van costs. Is this the only alternative to YouTube?

If you turn a profit who cares about bootlegging. Bootlegging only effects you views/census which should not be as important after turning a profit.

When I saw the Mayweather fight it was at a bar full of 300 ppl and only 1 box bought that ppv.

Instead of trying to do a PPV live stream on TV, why not hold the event, edit your footage and then sell the finished footage to a PPV or a Netflix? Instead of 1 battle watch the whole event on demand.

marcvoi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm about to start things off with my Top 5 favorite battles to get posted in 2013 up to today. In no order ...

:dance::dance::dance:

Instead of trying to do a PPV live stream on TV, why not hold the event, edit your footage and then sell the finished footage to a PPV or a Netflix? Instead of 1 battle watch the whole event on demand.

not a bad idea. I wonder how much KOTD is making from their pay per view or in demand? method?

great idea with the official page:dance:

grownazzblakman

Rising Star
Platinum Member
My understanding is that URL doesn't stream PPV on the web because of bootlegging & doesn't do PPV on tv because of satellite van costs. Is this the only alternative to YouTube?

If you turn a profit who cares about bootlegging. Bootlegging only effects you views/census which should not be as important after turning a profit.

When I saw the Mayweather fight it was at a bar full of 300 ppl and only 1 box bought that ppv.

Agreed. But you making too much sense for Url's business model. :rolleyes:

In addition to your suggestion, Beasley and Smack also need to incorporate an On-Demand Video model - a 'yearly subscription' fee (like BGOL does) to their whole site, in order to maximize their profits.

That way, in addition to the individual PPV costs, Smack could also charge a (one-time) yearly fee for online access to all their PPV events for 1 whole year, while continuing to post regular interviews, recaps, music videos, free downloads and rap battles from other leagues for FREE... like they do now. (ie charge $5-$10 bucks (or whatever) for each PPV battle, and offer a 'package deal' like $50 - $75 bucks (or whatever) for 10-15 battles for a whole year)

But this would mean that they MUST create real schedules for their video release dates AND STICK TO IT. (i.e. No more waiting several months to release old footage, or deciding to NEVER release certain battles at all)

All that seems 'too organized' and/or conflicts with their current way of doing business. :smh:

grownazzblakman

Rising Star
Platinum Member

I kinda hated the moment when Beasley said this in his interview... Because Bootlegging does not stop those white boys at KOTD from hosting YouTube PPV battles. :smh:

If URL cannot afford a PPV tv van, they could start small, using the YouTube PPV model. That way, (over the course of a year or so) they will get actual numbers of 'PPV buys' that they can use to attract appropriate sponsors in the future. (i.e. sponsors who will PAY for larger PPV truck rentals)

I guarantee those white boys at KOTD will use this approach and get bigger sponsors in 2014, at the rate they are going.

Lastly, if URL does start doing PPV events.. they need to change up their 'format' if they want it to succeed.

Beasley was only thinking about doing LARGE PPV events. :smh: Which is a mistake imo.

What I mean is... the best way to do their PPV events is to hold the PPV battles with VERY SMALL crowds... TO ENSURE THAT ALL THE BARS CAN BE HEARD... LIVE.

Save all the DJ's "Don Demarco" drops and all the extra sound efx for the LARGE venues.
(Because the large 'crowd reactions' stop an emcee's flow. And/or mess up the audio. :hmm:)

So keep the large, special events like Summer Madness & NOME the same. (These are the main attractions, where you expect a big turnout)

But smaller, exclusive PPV battles can take place (quite frequently) in-between the special events which happen every 3 or 4 months, or so... and use smaller venues & smaller crowds like these 2 battles below... SPECIFICALLY for the PPV Battles:

Notice there ain't no loud ass DJ sound effects, nor "Don Demarco's" to enhance the punchlines. :smh:
The emcees just keep flowing. :yes:

And these smaller crowds react to HOT bars... but they do not 'overreact', or interrupt... or 'boo' anybody to prevent them from finishing their rounds. (So everyone watching gets to judge for themselves :yes:)

With a mix of LARGE Events like Summer Madness... and SMALL PPV events with small crowds... everyone would get the biggest bang for their buck, imo.

At the end of the day....

URL/Smack would make enough money off these small PPVs to cover the costs of the LARGE main events... while the fans would get satisfaction of HEARING ALL THE BARS, without feeling like the crowds are 'biased'. :yes:

Everybody wins. :cool:

PERSONALLY, I BELIEVE URL FANS WOULD PAY A 'SUBSCRIPTION FEE' FOR ALL OF THIS. :yes:

Last edited:

marcvoi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
just some battles that i randomly watched.not saying the best but just whatever battles popped in my head Im posting
cortez vs averb (cortez had nice second round and averb 1rst and 3rd round was nice)
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xyl9ry_aye-verb-vs-cortez_people

Benjamin Groenewoud 9 months ago dude wrote this chilla jones verse"Top Comments

I'm HUNGARY, so this TURKEY,KUWAIT for peace., but IRAN for IRAQ of lamb and left nothing but GREECE, and trust me I don't mean to RUSSIA, but the hype ISRAEL, ya wife hoppin in my POLAND she likes to feel, so what UGANDA when I light the steel, you's a GHANA, the llama, ITALY stains in ya armor - Chilla!!!!!"

chilla jones just wanted to post old chilla battle

just wanted to post ill will so skip to 8:29 minute mark

marcvoi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I kinda hated the moment when Beasley said this in his interview... Because Bootlegging does not stop those white boys at KOTD from hosting YouTube PPV battles. :smh:

If URL cannot afford a PPV tv van, they could start small, using the YouTube PPV model. That way, (over the course of a year or so) they will get actual numbers of 'PPV buys' that they can use to attract appropriate sponsors in the future.

I guarantee those white boys at KOTD will use this approach and get bigger sponsors in 2014, at the rate they are going.

Lastly, if URL does start doing PPV events.. they need to change up the format.

What I mean is...
Save all the DJ's "Don Demarco" drops and all the extra sound efx for the LARGE venues.
(Because the 'crowd reactions' stop the emcees flows)

The best way to do their PPV events is to hold the PPV battles with smaller crowds to ensure that ALL THE BARS CAN BE HEARD... LIVE.

Keep the large events like Summer Madness / NOME the same.
But use smaller venues & smaller crowds like these 2 battles... SPECIFICALLY for PPV events:

Notice there ain't no loud ass DJ sound effects, nor "Don Demarco's" to enhance the punchlines. :smh:
The emcees just keep flowing. :yes:

And these smaller crowds react to HOT bars... but they do not 'overreact', or interrupt... or 'boo' anybody to prevent them from finishing their rounds. (So everyone watching gets to judge for themselves)

:dance::dance::dance::dance:

c_commander

Up and Coming Asshole
BGOL Investor
Went to URL's battles at the A3C in Atlanta featuring 2 battles: Rich Dolarz vs JC and Cortez vs John John Da Don.

As is URL tradition the battles started late and ended late. They were supposed to run from 10:30 to 12 but didn't begin until after 11 and ended shortly after 1. This was partially because people performed until about 15 minutes before the battles were supposed to begin so they had to setup cameras, then they wanted some lights switched out, then only 1 mic worked so the battlers had to pass it back and forth between rounds.

The 1rst battle was Rich vs JC. JC was on his shit while Rich was accompanied by the spirit of Earl. Rich choked about 30 seconds into his 1rst round, then halfway through his 2nd before giving up the 3rd without rapping at all. Clear bodybag for JC who would have won even if Rich didn't forget his shit. As for Cortez vs John John both came with good performances and solid bars with no chokes. Personally I'd give the battle to Cortez 2-1 but that could change once I see it again.

Skinnie Talls

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
DAYLYT vs CITTY TOWERS

Citty was in his B Magic bag with them name flips in round 1. Daylyt is on another planet with his bars tho. When he said "yo crew ain't got no arms .... THAT NiGGa!!!" Then pointed to the guy in the wheelchair, I fucking fell out laughing. It was both mean/clever but hey this is a battle. This battle was one of the better back in forth exchanges I've seen this year.

Skinnie Talls

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Another Proving Ground battle, it was alright. The only winner here is hand sanitizer. :cool:

Illanoiz vs Pirahna

Last edited:

c_commander

Up and Coming Asshole
BGOL Investor
New Ultimate Warrior trailer. It looks like they did what the URL didn't without actually saying it. Loaded Lux vs Hollow da Don.

vandamation

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Ice got me rolling over here !!! He's in my top 5

Yeah... I just finished watching that one too... I wish it were a 3 rounder... :yes:

They both did their thing... Ice is hilarious... :lol: and Day had some shit too...

To me... It's a TRUE clash of styles... :yes:

Skinnie Talls

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Yeah... I just finished watching that one too... I wish it were a 3 rounder... :yes:

They both did their thing... Ice is hilarious... :lol: and Day had some shit too...

To me... It's a TRUE clash of styles... :yes:

I gave K the win over illmac
That Dizaster/Verb battle was better than I thought it would be, Verb's 3rd was serious. Diz wigged on him and his 3rd was walnuts.

I think Ms. Hustle vs Jaz is dropping tonight & 40 Barrs vs Bonnie too.

I still haven't posted the Charlie Clips vs Dirtbag Dan yet either. This thread is going to be live in a little bit.

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
I gave K the win over illmac
That Dizaster/Verb battle was better than I thought it would be, Verb's 3rd was serious. Diz wigged on him and his 3rd was walnuts.

I think Ms. Hustle vs Jaz is dropping tonight & 40 Barrs vs Bonnie too.

I still haven't posted the Charlie Clips vs Dirtbag Dan yet either. This thread is going to be live in a little bit.

Deadman vs Chilla?