*** aLL THiNGs BaTTLe RaP *** Official Thread (everything battle rap related)

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Battling over beats and Bill Collector doing what could only be done in this type of battle in the 3rd.

that shit was dope as fuck, one of the best Ive ever seen

and that third round by bill will go down as one of the best ever...

Bill easily won that he took the first round and killed the third... he gave away the second..

thanks bruh dope ass drop....

now I got I like you betta as a fat nigga in my head...

lol

c_commander

Up and Coming Asshole
BGOL Investor

Bill easily won that he took the first round and killed the third... he gave away the second..

lol
Crazy thing is Dre Dennis was really good in that 3rd. Crazy to see somebody go how am I supposed to beat that but still not phone it in. So far the battles I've seen from the league have been interesting. Can't wait to see what other notable people do battles in the league.

Last edited:

55th View

Rising Star
Registered
Battling over beats and Bill Collector doing what could only be done in this type of battle in the 3rd.

Yo, this might be the new wave. Odd how niggas that aint the dopest can almost always flow over a beat.

Kinda like the best stand up comedians make the whackest movies (and vice versa).

Guess u gotta know yo lane! Good drop!

grownazzblakman

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Worst 'one sided' Battle you've probably seen in the last 10 years. :rolleyes:
Chess literally chokes all 3 rounds!! :roflmao::lol::roflmao:

Fire The Misfit Destroys Chess [** insert facepalm here **]

But these next 2 battles DEFINITELY make up for the 1st one. :yes:

Cash Bilz (Brooklyn) vs Fire the Misfit (Philly)

Cortez vs Buttah From Da Block

grownazzblakman

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I've watched at least 10-15 battles from that Verbal Warzone League.

I have a strong feeling that Fire The Misfit :yes: and Cash Bilz will probably make the leap over to the URL (or RBE, or Bullpen) in the not-too-distant future.

grownazzblakman

Rising Star
Platinum Member

lol

Damn, I really enjoyed that.

Glad Dre Dennis got that weight off him too:yes:

Crazy thing is Dre Dennis was really good in that 3rd. Crazy to see somebody go how am I supposed to beat that but still not phone it in. So far the battles I've seen from the league have been interesting. Can't wait to see what other notable people do battles in the league.
Yo, this might be the new wave. Odd how niggas that aint the dopest can almost always flow over a beat.

Kinda like the best stand up comedians make the whackest movies (and vice versa).

Guess u gotta know yo lane! Good drop!
Just a quick sidenote about Verbal Warzone League...

Their Rules are...
- Each emcee picks 1 beat.. and the League picks the 3rd beat.
- They prepare / write bars for all 3 beats...
- But the emcees do not know 'the order' of the beats when the battle starts. :cool:

grownazzblakman

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Chef Trez vs Bandana Boogie
(Chef Trez is Str8 FLAMES over a beat. :yes:)

Fire The Misfit vs Madface

Swave Sevah vs Buttah From Da Block

HeathCliff

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Just a quick sidenote about Verbal Warzone League...

Their Rules are...
- Each emcee picks 1 beat.. and the League picks the 3rd beat.
- They prepare / write bars for all 3 beats...
- But the emcees do not know 'the order' of the beats when the battle starts. :cool:
Thats neat. That league has carved A nice little niche since battle rap has saturated itself over the past few years.

HeathCliff

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
RIP Tech 9

tech-9.jpg

RAPPER TURNED COMMENTATOR TECH 9 DIES, LEAVES ENTIRE CULTURE MOURNING
NDSMITH

MARCH 25, 2019

Battle Rapper turned commentator and the culture’s version of Stephen A. Smith, Tech 9 transitioned over the weekend, leaving the entire culture mourning. One of the architects of modern battle rap, Tech 9 (whose real name is Akeem Mickens), started his professional battle rap career in as a fighting cub in the legendary leagues, Lionz Den and Street Arena. However it was at the Ultimate Rap League (URL), where he became a staple in culture- shifting the way people listened to rhymes by presenting humor, clever wordplay and the intensity in delivery (like only a Philly emcee could spit).

While as an emcee he was memorable, it was his colorful commentary on the hit Battle Rap platform, Champion (alongside Jay Blac), that showcased his personality and made him the most visible in the culture. With his catchphrase “Microwave Stopper,” no-holds-bar critique of battles and battlers, he was unmatched and beloved personality and influencer. It does him no justice to limit his rising star to just this platform in Hip-Hop media, he could have honestly been as legendary as veteran cultural critics and music enthusiasts such as Harry Allen, Selwyn Hinds or Allen “Black Cat” Gordon. As a professional, he felt almost responsible for the content he reported on, maintaining an ability to challenge rappers from a space of familiarity and accountability. He also was very generous teaching others about this art form he so loved.

He will be missed. He leaves to mourn his immediate family and children, friends and an entire culture of fans who send their prayers and sympathies.

Check out some of the most legendary moments of his career:

While The Source would have wanted to produce a compilation of his most legendary moments, YouTube fans and content creator Damnimwild offers this in memorial.

55th View

Rising Star
Registered
RIP Tech 9

tech-9.jpg

RAPPER TURNED COMMENTATOR TECH 9 DIES, LEAVES ENTIRE CULTURE MOURNING
NDSMITH

MARCH 25, 2019

Battle Rapper turned commentator and the culture’s version of Stephen A. Smith, Tech 9 transitioned over the weekend, leaving the entire culture mourning. One of the architects of modern battle rap, Tech 9 (whose real name is Akeem Mickens), started his professional battle rap career in as a fighting cub in the legendary leagues, Lionz Den and Street Arena. However it was at the Ultimate Rap League (URL), where he became a staple in culture- shifting the way people listened to rhymes by presenting humor, clever wordplay and the intensity in delivery (like only a Philly emcee could spit).

While as an emcee he was memorable, it was his colorful commentary on the hit Battle Rap platform, Champion (alongside Jay Blac), that showcased his personality and made him the most visible in the culture. With his catchphrase “Microwave Stopper,” no-holds-bar critique of battles and battlers, he was unmatched and beloved personality and influencer. It does him no justice to limit his rising star to just this platform in Hip-Hop media, he could have honestly been as legendary as veteran cultural critics and music enthusiasts such as Harry Allen, Selwyn Hinds or Allen “Black Cat” Gordon. As a professional, he felt almost responsible for the content he reported on, maintaining an ability to challenge rappers from a space of familiarity and accountability. He also was very generous teaching others about this art form he so loved.

He will be missed. He leaves to mourn his immediate family and children, friends and an entire culture of fans who send their prayers and sympathies.

Check out some of the most legendary moments of his career:

While The Source would have wanted to produce a compilation of his most legendary moments, YouTube fans and content creator Damnimwild offers this in memorial.

:smh::smh::smh:

55th View

Rising Star
Registered
Shit just got REAL!!!

:eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2:

This shit makes perfect sense and one thing's for sure...those charges are legit and available online. Legacy dead if this is true!

c_commander

Up and Coming Asshole
BGOL Investor
Anyone catch that Aye Verb vs Lux battle this past weekend?
Didn't see it. Heard that it's 2-1 either way. Caught a little bit of Nitty vs Shine. I need to see the Jakkboy Maine-JJDD battle just to see the complete mental breakdown of Jakkboy.

Did you catch it?

Soul On Ice

Democrat 1st!
Certified Pussy Poster
Didn't see it. Heard that it's 2-1 either way. Caught a little bit of Nitty vs Shine. I need to see the Jakkboy Maine-JJDD battle just to see the complete mental breakdown of Jakkboy.

Did you catch it?
Think I'm going to finally buy a ppv from Smack lol.
Gotta support the culture

c_commander

Up and Coming Asshole
BGOL Investor
Think I'm going to finally buy a ppv from Smack lol.
Gotta support the culture
I plan on getting the app at some point. But I'll wait to let them work out any bugs.

I might get the Summer Impact PPV depending on the rest of the card.
But Guntitles(Tay Roc & Tsu Surf) vs Loaded Hollows(Loaded Lux & Hollow Da Don) could be ridiculous

c_commander

Up and Coming Asshole
BGOL Investor
URL just took another L. The main event of their Summer Impact card didn't happen cause they let other battles run too long and they ran out of time for the venue. Book another card based around that battle and the main event doesn't finish again. This time cause a fight breaks out during the 1rst round with Murda Mook swinging on Brizz Rawstein.

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
URL just took another L. The main event of their Summer Impact card didn't happen cause they let other battles run too long and they ran out of time for the venue. Book another card based around that battle and the main event doesn't finish again. This time cause a fight breaks out during the 1rst round with Murda Mook swinging on Brizz Rawstein.

it does hurt the game when they are lookin for venues..
but as long as the shit stays on stage and doesnt spill out to the crowd or streets... its normally overlooked.. and doesnt hurt the battle rappers career at all...

mook is a foolish one tho... he refuses to let go of that bodega boy image..

HeathCliff

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

It be too many dudes on stage doing nothing as it is. You'd think they would have learned to clean it up a bit by now. :smh:

grownazzblakman

Rising Star
Platinum Member
it does hurt the game when they are lookin for venues..
but as long as the shit stays on stage and doesnt spill out to the crowd or streets... its normally overlooked.. and doesnt hurt the battle rappers career at all...

mook is a foolish one tho... he refuses to let go of that bodega boy image..
Yes, Normally you are correct. But I was watching this event live on PPV... and now everyone is talking about it all over Twitter and YouTube.

The fight spilled over into the back & even outside the venue. Calico and all them Detroit dudes he rolls with stomped out a whole bunch of people. They were about 30 deep, or more. They put hands on countless people.

This was BAD. Probably the worst fight that has ever happened at a URL event. Hands down. And it’s not even close.

Security pepper-sprayed the whole crowd inside. People who weren’t even fighting were wheezing, coughing, gagging & throwing up inside the venue.

Word is that Chess got mollywhopped & left very bloody. Smack got pepper sprayed badly. Beasley even caught a few lumps from Team Calico. K-Shine literally was seen throwing up from all the pepper spray.

That venue is most likely a wrap for URL events... and this might put their next 3-4 events in jeopardy. They already had already dropped trailers for the Born Legacy 8 event scheduled for Sept 28 (in Cleveland, Ohio) and a Survivor Series (in NYC) then Traffic 4 scheduled for Oct 5 (in Cali) followed the very next day by the big battle between Cassidy vs Arsonal on Oct 6, (in Philly).

It’s gonna take a few days to see what the aftermath / fallout will be from this brawl... but don’t be surprised if a few of those events get postponed, or canceled completely.

This was bad. It wasn’t just 2 rappers exchanging blows.... it became an all-out brawl amongst many different people that lasted several minutes after the cameras went off.

Beasley caught some lumps & Smack got pepper sprayed so badly he had to jet. It was mayhem. Different people were outside talking about shooting up the venue & whatnot. A lot of people got injured. URL might be facing some lawsuits. Nobody really knows what’s gonna happen next.

Let me repeat.... word is... Calico’s people beat up Beasley. (And they KNEW it was Beasley & that he didn’t have nothing to do with anything) So Calico might never return to another URL stage. Same goes for T-Rex & Snake Eyes. Maybe even Mook also.

Last edited:

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yes, Normally you are correct. But I was watching this event live on PPV... and now everyone is talking about it all over Twitter and YouTube.

The fight spilled over into the back & even outside the venue. Calico and all them Detroit dudes he rolls with stomped out a whole bunch of people. They were about 30 deep, or more. They put hands on countless people.

This was BAD. Probably the worst fight that has ever happened at a URL event. Security pepper-sprayed the whole crowd inside. People who weren’t even fighting were wheezing, coughing, gagging & throwing up inside the venue.

Word is that Chess got mollywhopped & left very bloody. Smack got pepper sprayed badly. Beasley even caught a few lumps from Team Calico. K-Shine literally was seen throwing up from all the pepper spray.

That venue is most likely a wrap for URL events... and this might put their next 3-4 events in jeopardy. They already had already dropped trailers for the Born Legacy 8 event scheduled for Sept 28 (in Cleveland, Ohio) and a Survivor Series (in NYC) then Traffic 4 scheduled for Oct 5 (in Cali) followed the very next day by the big battle between Cassidy vs Arsonal on Oct 6, (in Philly).

It’s gonna take a few days to see what the aftermath / fallout will be from this brawl... but don’t be surprised if a few of those events get postponed, or canceled completely.

This was bad. It wasn’t just 2 rappers exchanging blows.... it became an all-out brawl amongst many different people that lasted several minutes after the cameras went off.

Beasley caught some lumps & Smack got pepper sprayed so badly he had to jet. It was mayhem. Different people were outside talking about shooting up the venue & whatnot. A lot of people got injured. URL might be facing some lawsuits. Nobody really knows what’s gonna happen next. Let me repeat.... Calico’s people beat up Beasley. (And they KNEW it was Beasley & that he didn’t have nothing to do with anything) So Calico might never return to another URL stage. Same goes for T-Rex & Snake Eyes. Maybe even Mook also.

Just damn

HeathCliff

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

This was BAD. Probably the worst fight that has ever happened at a URL event. Hands down. And it’s not even close.

Security pepper-sprayed the whole crowd inside. People who weren’t even fighting were wheezing, coughing, gagging & throwing up inside the venue.

Beasley caught some lumps & Smack got pepper sprayed so badly he had to jet. It was mayhem. Different people were outside talking about shooting up the venue & whatnot. A lot of people got injured. URL might be facing some lawsuits. Nobody really knows what’s gonna happen next.

Let me repeat.... word is... Calico’s people beat up Beasley. (And they KNEW it was Beasley & that he didn’t have nothing to do with anything) So Calico might never return to another URL stage. Same goes for T-Rex & Snake Eyes. Maybe even Mook also.
Gat Damn!!!!!

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

gggggaaaaaaaaaddddddd daaaaaayamm.. it went down like that bruh...

and beasley got that overtime work huh..

well yea thats the thing... its gonna be about the payouts..

if they just gotta pay a twenty people a thousand dollars each... they would be fine.. but if they gotta pay muthafuckas fifty to a hundrend geez a pop, they are fucked..

damn sounds like they had nypd security there, acting all knee jerky and just sprayin everybody and everything...

I used to like mook but as he got popular he got arrogant and corny and really showed his true self on a talk show, where he tried to be joe buddens and it looked sad as fuck... lol

but chea that shit sounds like fuckin mayhem...the only good news for them is fortunately in this generation drama sells.. and they will get a lot of free pub from this...

hopefully they could work it in their favor.. they fucked up beasley sounds like that shit was personal...

grownazzblakman

Rising Star
Platinum Member
gggggaaaaaaaaaddddddd daaaaaayamm.. it went down like that bruh...

and beasley got that overtime work huh..

well yea thats the thing... its gonna be about the payouts..

if they just gotta pay a twenty people a thousand dollars each... they would be fine.. but if they gotta pay muthafuckas fifty to a hundrend geez a pop, they are fucked..

damn sounds like they had nypd security there, acting all knee jerky and just sprayin everybody and everything...

I used to like mook but as he got popular he got arrogant and corny and really showed his true self on a talk show, where he tried to be joe buddens and it looked sad as fuck... lol

but chea that shit sounds like fuckin mayhem...the only good news for them is fortunately in this generation drama sells.. and they will get a lot of free pub from this...

hopefully they could work it in their favor.. they fucked up beasley sounds like that shit was personal...
Beasley is very tough tho. He can handle himself in a brawl. Plus a lot of folks don’t know that he stays working out at the gym, like 4-5 days a week. So he’s never (fully) gonna get the brakes beat off him. :smh:

Just saying.