Upside-down 13k in a vehicle. (Serious input only please)

Bgol sometimes gives the worst advice

Speak on it then, nukka!

The fuck would you do?!

Take the L
Genius level advice!

feel-me-think-about-it.gif
 
He Put A Semi Truck Engine In His F-450
April 10, 2026

In this video, we sit down with Benny—the guy who took things to a whole new level by dropping a semi truck engine into a Ford F-150.

We dive into the story behind the build: what pushed him to attempt something this wild, the challenges he faced along the way, and what it actually takes to make a swap like this work. From custom fabrication to solving problems no one plans for, Benny breaks down the reality of turning a crazy idea into a running machine.



 
Buick Encore Engine Costs at a Glance
[th]Engine Type [1, 2, 4][/th][th]Parts Cost (Avg)[/th][th]Total Installed Cost (Parts + Labor)[/th] [td]New (OEM or Crate)[/td][td]\(\$3,000 - \$4,500\)[/td][td]\(\$4,500 - \$7,000+\)[/td] [td]Remanufactured / Rebuilt[/td][td]\(\$2,000 - \$3,500\)[/td][td]\(\$3,500 - \$5,500\)[/td] [td]Used (Low Mileage)[/td][td]\(\$600 - \$2,000\)[/td][td]\(\$2,000 - \$3,500\)[/td]
 
...bought my son a certified pre-owned buick encore. He's a teenager that i thought I raised with common sense and integrity. Well...his girlfriend snitches and tell me he blew the engine tryna treat it like a scat-pack. One year in...Engine is blown...cost of replacement is ridiculous. What's my best LEGAL option?

I repeat LEGAL OPTION
Sorry for your loss bro, I have a 15 year old who I am trying to prepare for more but he refuses to manage the little shit he has. We can’t say we didn’t try.

My son’s first car will be a civic or an Audi we both can work on. Wish you the best, you tried.
 
Sorry for your loss bro, I have a 15 year old who I am trying to prepare for more but he refuses to manage the little shit he has. We can’t say we didn’t try.

My son’s first car will be a civic or an Audi we both can work on. Wish you the best, you tried.
Thanks bro...ya always want your seeds to have more and do better for themselves than we did for ourselves.
 
He's 18 so it's time that he learn some responsibility.

Dad bought him the car and he broke it.

He broke it, so now it's just job to get it fixed. Get it fixed good enough so that it can be driven to a sales lot and traded in.

Or hunt and find someone who can repair/replace the engine for a cheap as possible.
 
2016 ....base model

Bro you can actually get that engine for as low as 1k.



Depending on who you know you should be able to get it put in fot 1-2k in labor.

LKQ might be your best bet.

Hope this helps.
 
Bro you can actually get that engine for as low as 1k.



Depending on who you know you should be able to get it put in fot 1-2k in labor.

LKQ might be your best bet.

Hope this helps.
Well damn!
 
  • Like
Reactions: DJ
Bro you can actually get that engine for as low as 1k.



Depending on who you know you should be able to get it put in fot 1-2k in labor.

LKQ might be your best bet.

Hope this helps.


I based 7k off $3500 engine cost. If he get an engine for 1K the total cost to swap swap should be 3-4K .
 
Should of never got him his first car,instead help him get it with $$$ and that way he has more invested into it than anyone else so whatever happens it's going to bother/hurt him the most cause it's his car he paid for.

Eat the lost and from this point on he buys his own car......lesson learned on all sides
 
How did he blow the engine? What is the exact damage? Was the car insured?
Yeah I'd like to know too. Driving like a dickhead doesn't destroy an engine that quickly. You'll crash the car or fuck up the transaxle first, but Buick isn't really programming their ECUs to be race forward. I'm thinking he didn't keep up on maintenance.
 
Should of never got him his first car,instead help him get it with $$$ and that way he has more invested into it than anyone else so whatever happens it's going to bother/hurt him the most cause it's his car he paid for.

Eat the lost and from this point on he buys his own car......lesson learned on all sides

Hindsight is 20/20...No decision is ever a bad decision until the outcome is unfavorable. I know how to deal with my son it's the vehicle I'm concerned with.
 
Hindsight is 20/20...No decision is ever a bad decision until the outcome is unfavorable. I know how to deal with my son it's the vehicle I'm concerned with.
What exactly is "blown"
Head gasket? Piston?
What is the engine exactly doing. Or what did a mechanic tell you was wrong with it.
 
Yeah I'd like to know too. Driving like a dickhead doesn't destroy an engine that quickly. You'll crash the car or fuck up the transaxle first, but Buick isn't really programming their ECUs to be race forward. I'm thinking he didn't keep up on maintenance.


Exactly. And he never answered the question.
Throw a rod? Siezed up? Blow a gasket? Stripped cams? What?
Top it off he's getting third-hand info from the girlfriend - who is obviously an ASE-certified mechanic - and the situation looks dire.
 
Hindsight is 20/20...No decision is ever a bad decision until the outcome is unfavorable. I know how to deal with my son it's the vehicle I'm concerned with.
You're the one who posted the info about him dogging the car out and what could possibly be done,when you could have easily just talk about the car and not even mentioned how it ended up in that condition but I would answered it in the same fashion,junk it,sell it whatever.
 
As a few others have said, shop around on the engine replacement if that $6.5K isn't feasible. There are still quality independent mechanics who can locate an engine for you and put it in for a decent price.
 
Back
Top