TV Pilots 2018: The Complete Guide to What Lives, Dies and Still Has a Pulse

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member

GuessWho21212

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So it looks like the "Empire" effect has completely worn off. I remember not too long ago after Empire's first breakout season all the networks were in a rush to green light pilots with black leads and some even recast their pilots to insert a black lead. Now, it's all about that MAGA, middle-America, Blue Lives Matter demo, especially at ABC.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Out of all these shows......this one looks to have the most potential. Dude was on that show The Mayor which I knew it would get canceled but it wasn't a bad show at all.

So it looks like the "Empire" effect has completely worn off. I remember not too long ago after Empire's first breakout season all the networks were in a rush to green light pilots with black leads and some even recast their pilots to insert a black lead. Now, it's all about that MAGA, middle-America, Blue Lives Matter demo, especially at ABC.
Which is a little shocking coming after the success of Black Panther. I expected much more black programming.

[/QUOTE]
Some ol' bullshit. :lol: I really wanted to like these.....

Didn't laugh at the Lil Rel shit.....aight the loose boots shit caught me off guard but aside from that? Naw.....
Cedric show got one laugh out of me but when you got a show with that premise and with Cedric and Pam from Martin on it I expected much more laughs than what I got.
The Damon Wayans JR shit....couldnt find a laugh.

I think its fucked up Carmichaels got cancelled but every single actor on that show found another job. Tiffany HAddish is on the Tracy Morgan show, David Alan Grier got a show with Vicky Lawrence coming in Fall, Lil Rel got his own show and Jerrod's girlfriend on the show is on the Damon Wayans Jr show.

stretchwallz

Superstar ***
BGOL Legend
We live in a police state ....a constant diet of law enforcement propaganda helps ease the suffering

Thanks to network television!!!

They passed over on a show with Gina from Martin about black sister cops. That's another thing it seems majority of the shows are centered around law enforcement

keone

International Member
Out of all these shows......this one looks to have the most potential. Dude was on that show The Mayor which I knew it would get canceled but it wasn't a bad show at all.

Which is a little shocking coming after the success of Black Panther. I expected much more black programming.
Some ol' bullshit. :lol: I really wanted to like these.....

Didn't laugh at the Lil Rel shit.....aight the loose boots shit caught me off guard but aside from that? Naw.....
Cedric show got one laugh out of me but when you got a show with that premise and with Cedric and Pam from Martin on it I expected much more laughs than what I got.
The Damon Wayans JR shit....couldnt find a laugh.

I think its fucked up Carmichaels got cancelled but every single actor on that show found another job. Tiffany HAddish is on the Tracy Morgan show, David Alan Grier got a show with Vicky Lawrence coming in Fall, Lil Rel got his own show and Jerrod's girlfriend on the show is on the Damon Wayans Jr show.[/QUOTE]
yeah i agree

keone

International Member
They passed over on a show with Gina from Martin about black sister cops. That's another thing it seems majority of the shows are centered around law enforcement
thats the first thing i noticed like the majority pf show are cop shows. no wonder they get cancelled

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
[/QUOTE]

Yea that premise has been done to death IMO(token CAC neighbors trying to fit in in a Black neighborhood)

Guess that Martin reboot isnt happening :lol:

Dude was on that show The Mayor which I knew it would get canceled but it wasn't a bad show at all.

ABC shouldve said from jump that The Mayor was a reboot of this show they had back in the day

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Yea that premise has been done to death IMO(token CAC neighbors trying to fit in in a Black neighborhood)

ABC shouldve said from jump that The Mayor was a reboot of this show they had back in the day
[/QUOTE]
Dam n was it a reboot? Never heard of that one from the 80s. And yeah that Martin reboot probably in the same place the new Friday is lol.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

[/QUOTE]

YUP!!!!!

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
https://www.iheart.com/content/2018...-how-the-reboot-will-look-without-tommy-ford/

'Martin' Cast Explains How The Reboot Will Look Without Tommy Ford
By Isha Thorpe

March 1, 2018

"Martin" reboot is coming full steam ahead!

W
Feat. and more
In an interview with HipHollywood.com on the red carpet of the African Black Film Festival Honors, two of the iconic show's cast members Carl Payne and Tichina Arnold spoke about the new series. They revealed that they'll be a twist to "Martin" because they want it to be current with all of the things going on in the world today.

“The tea is hot, we are stirring it. You might be sipping it soon,” Payne said. Arnold added, “We are not trying to reinvent the wheel, we aren’t trying to remake anything. What we would like to do is breathe new life into it so it goes with today’s time.”

Since news of this reboot, many longtime "Martin" fans have wondered how the new show would look like without the late Tommy Ford. The actor was only 52 years old when he died in 2016 after being hospitalized for a ruptured aneurysm. So, Arnold explained how the new program will adapt with Ford's passing.

"Martin will not be the same without Tommy,” she said. “Tommy will never be replaced if it does happen. It’s gotta be right, it’s gotta be real, it’s gotta be organic. It’s gotta be where we can enjoy it for another twenty years from now.”

https://hiphollywood.com/2018/02/ca...-tommy-fords-death-will-affect-martin-reboot/

https://hiphollywood.com/2018/02/ab...-tisha-campbell-martin-amid-shocking-divorce/

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Fox Drama

Mixtape* --PASSED OVER/BEING SHOPPED

Cast: Jenna Dewan Tatum, Raul Castillo (Looking), Callie Hernandez, Madeline Stowe, Campbell Scott, Marianne Jean-Baptiste, Evan Whitten, Jahmil French, Megan

https://www.celebrity-slips.com/jenna-dewan-wearing-a-bikini-in-malibu-35190.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...ex-flaunts-toned-abs-bikini-Malibu-beach.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...e-daring-nude-shoot-Channing-Tatum-split.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...e-nude-says-refuses-leave-sexuality-door.html

tns3133.jpg
4E975BA300000578-5999521-image-a-8_1532698693320.jpg

4E97B46C00000578-5999521-Hard_work_The_37_year_old_World_of_Dance_host_shed_her_clothing_-a-9_1532698746419.jpg
4E975BD400000578-0-image-a-36_1532617837564.jpg

4E848A7B00000578-0-image-m-31_1532364839705.jpg

4E8493D400000578-0-image-m-53_1532366729961.jpg

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
I think its fucked up Carmichaels got cancelled but every single actor on that show found another job. Tiffany HAddish is on the Tracy Morgan show, David Alan Grier got a show with Vicky Lawrence coming in Fall, Lil Rel got his own show and Jerrod's girlfriend on the show is on the Damon Wayans Jr show.

Duece

Get your shit together
BGOL Investor
I like "The Neighborhood" Cedric plays well off of the white guy but the issue of gentrification is no laughing matter and I doubt they'll tackle of people getting priced out of neighborhoods they've lived in for years.