Anyone On Here Play The Guitar/Bass?

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
just my headset or internal speakers.
i had a different keyboard before this one.
but gotdamn this shit makes a whole world of difference...............ima be up all fuckin night............lol
Cool. Glad you like it. I still haven't hooked up my Midi keyboard yet. I want a few days off from work before I do it. I'll let you know how it goes when I hook it up to my Rumble 200 bass amp.

uClrif.jpg

Coldchi

Rising Star
Registered
i've probably made more progress in a month than the average beginner would have made in a year.
took me about a week to learn how to play Force MDs "Tender Love" all the way through.
Other songs i've learned how to play since i started, (SWV "Weak", Chaka Khan "Through The Fire", Brian McKnight "Back At One", Tank "I Can't Make You Love Me", Giveon "Heartbreak Anniversary", Giveon "Like I Want You") and a few others.
Giveon's songs were the easiest since they only used like 4 chords the entire song. But i practice about 3 hours a day.
Although I have always had a keyboard for years, i never really sat down to actually learn how to play it until i got this Roland for Christmas.
I mean i could play little shit like Mary Had a Little Lamb and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star........but i was just using one finger to play the entire time....so i
dont think that really counts.....lol. Now I'm actually learning learning.....it has been great thus far.

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
i've probably made more progress in a month than the average beginner would have made in a year.
took me about a week to learn how to play Force MDs "Tender Love" all the way through.
Other songs i've learned how to play since i started, (SWV "Weak", Chaka Khan "Through The Fire", Brian McKnight "Back At One", Tank "I Can't Make You Love Me", Giveon "Heartbreak Anniversary", Giveon "Like I Want You") and a few others.
Giveon's songs were the easiest since they only used like 4 chords the entire song. But i practice about 3 hours a day.
Although I have always had a keyboard for years, i never really sat down to actually learn how to play it until i got this Roland for Christmas.
I mean i could play little shit like Mary Had a Little Lamb and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star........but i was just using one finger to play the entire time....so i
dont think that really counts.....lol. Now I'm actually learning learning.....it has been great thus far.
Keep up the good work Cold. Love to heat this. I just started learning the piano a few weeks ago. Gonna make a does anyone play the piano thread soon. I'm working on the bare chords to Chic's "Good Times." I can play the baseline well on my bass, now just working on those barre chord switches going up and down and angling the pick just right.

79SOm2.jpg

Coldchi

Rising Star
Registered
Keep up the good work Cold. Love to heat this. I just started learning the piano a few weeks ago. Gonna make a does anyone play the piano thread soon. I'm working on the bare chords to Chic's "Good Times." I can play the baseline well on my bass, now just working on those barre chord switches going up and down and angling the pick just right.

79SOm2.jpg
i'll make a vid of me playing and upload it later today.

Last edited:

Coldchi

Rising Star
Registered
please ignore my snapping turtle in the background actin a fool.....lol.
i wasn't gonna play the whole song.....just a snippet....
and again.....this is just one month of learning how to play on my own.
im not reading any sheet music or trying to. everything is str8 memory for now.

Bumpyjohnson_12

Rising Star
Registered
Kind of favors Misty Stone just 15 lb heavier in the right places

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Man thats phenomenal!!! :clap::clap::clap:I'm working on James Ingram's Just Once.

NW5zyd.jpg

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
yeah i try not to learn the songs this way.
it pretty much focuses too much on the harmony and voicings instead of the chords....
i'd rather learn the chords and implement the voicings within it....
Good points. I also have the chords from Guitar tabs. They do Guitar, bass and piano chords and notes for songs.

906Ol6.jpg

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Really starting to feel myself on the fretboard. Figured out the opening notes to Hamilton Bohannon's "Singing a Song For my Mother" on my Gibson. :yes: I just have to slow it down. When I start learning the Saxophone I wanna learn the parts to this song as well. It's where the ED OG sample from "I gotta have it" came from.

dP8T0c.jpg

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Me neither
Question Res.......in trying to play Good times the chickie part I find difficult with a hard pick. Listening to Nile say he uses a very soft pick I switched to a medium pick and I find I can mute and play the song much better. I think I'm gonna go with a medium fender pick for when I go up and down on the strings. I play with 10's. That feels more comfortable to me. When I solo, I'll go with hard picks. Thoughts?

R3pAq2.jpg

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
@jack walsh13 @dik cashmere @woodchuck

Some brand new fire. Loving the song...

...but the guitar solo...

:eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

Great solo!! It's interesting now I play guitar I listen to music dfferent. Songs I've loved and listened to all my life I can pick out the fact there are multiple guitars playing at once. Or when the bass comes in. Or if theres an acustic playing. It's all in evolving as a muscian.

YaMnCf.jpg

respiration

/ˌrespəˈrāSH(ə)n/
BGOL Patreon Investor
Question Res.......in trying to play Good times the chickie part I find difficult with a hard pick. Listening to Nile say he uses a very soft pick I switched to a medium pick and I find I can mute and play the song much better. I think I'm gonna go with a medium fender pick for when I go up and down on the strings. I play with 10's. That feels more comfortable to me. When I solo, I'll go with hard picks. Thoughts?

R3pAq2.jpg
I like very thin picks for rhythm guitar. Specifically, Dunlop 44P046 Nylon Standards.

Those picks feel like an extension of my hand.

I play from my wrist on funk rhythm guitar and chicken scratching.

Strumming I more use my arm.

For lead I like a harder pick. My preference are Dunlop tortex picks... either .88mm or 1.0mm. They have good grip to them.

But sometimes I just use my thumb for more jazzy or bluesy stuff.

LegendOfLedo

Slayer and Lord of Mid West Heaux
BGOL Investor
How yall feeling about the PRS SE 24s? Started playing again after some time. Currently have a stratocaster I got in 06. Gave all my other axes away....regretting that shit now lol. Also in search of a decent affordable acoustic.

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
I like very thin picks for rhythm guitar. Specifically, Dunlop 44P046 Nylon Standards.

Those picks feel like an extension of my hand.

I play from my wrist on funk rhythm guitar and chicken scratching.

Strumming I more use my arm.

For lead I like a harder pick. My preference are Dunlop tortex picks... either .88mm or 1.0mm. They have good grip to them.

But sometimes I just use my thumb for more jazzy or bluesy stuff.
Makes sense. I also find that particular song easier to play on my ultra Luxe Stratocaster than my Gibson ES335

oGUIm6.jpg

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
How yall feeling about the PRS SE 24s? Started playing again after some time. Currently have a stratocaster I got in 06. Gave all my other axes away....regretting that shit now lol. Also in search of a decent affordable acoustic.
Don't ever give your axes away again Ledo. I haven't checked out the PRS's yet but I wanna go to Guitar Center and try one.

qqnsur.jpg