Anyone On Here Play The Guitar/Bass?

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
VERY useful one here. I know you're gonna have a top notch microphone or two @jack walsh13

This vid will help you get the best out of it.

Good lookin. Oh, I just added the Strymon Morbus Modulation and BigSky multidimensional Reverb pedals to my board too res.

8NXfvk.jpg

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
@respiration Question, actually two. Since I have the Arturia keylab mkii MIDI keyboard I don't need a separate synthesizer Keyboard controller do I? Isn't there free software with the Arturia where I can get thousands of Synth sounds on whatever DAW I'm using? Also, my studio is still currently in construction. Can I use my bass amp for a speaker for my Arturia so I can learn how to play piano now? I know I have to use my laptop to register all the free software including grand piano and synthesizer sounds. Thanks for your help.

3QlZLV.jpg

respiration

/ˌrespəˈrāSH(ə)n/
BGOL Patreon Investor
@respiration Question, actually two. Since I have the Arturia keylab mkii MIDI keyboard I don't need a separate synthesizer Keyboard controller do I? Isn't there free software with the Arturia where I can get thousands of Synth sounds on whatever DAW I'm using? Also, my studio is still currently in construction. Can I use my bass amp for a speaker for my Arturia so I can learn how to play piano now? I know I have to use my laptop to register all the free software including grand piano and synthesizer sounds. Thanks for your help.

3QlZLV.jpg
The DAW is gonna come with it's own sounds (including piano). So once you hook that up you can get rolling. I'm not sure which software comes with the Arturia.

That keyboard is a controller keyboard, meaning it is used to trigger sounds from your computer (or iPad). Wherever those sounds are coming from is what you'd hook speakers or whatever to. Why not just hook headphones up to the computer if you don't yet have monitor speakers yet? You could do that. That sounds like the easiest way.

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
The DAW is gonna come with it's own sounds (including piano). So once you hook that up you can get rolling. I'm not sure which software comes with the Arturia.

That keyboard is a controller keyboard, meaning it is used to trigger sounds from your computer (or iPad). Wherever those sounds are coming from is what you'd hook speakers or whatever to. Why not just hook headphones up to the computer if you don't yet have monitor speakers yet? You could do that. That sounds like the easiest way.
Thanks. The keylab comes with software Analog Lab, Ableton live lite, Piano V, Wurli V and Vox Contennential V. Yes, I can use my headphones through the laptop. Was just thinking since it has those outlets in the back that it would sound so much better running through my bass amp.

CU0vFL.jpg

respiration

/ˌrespəˈrāSH(ə)n/
BGOL Patreon Investor
Thanks. The keylab comes with software Analog Lab, Ableton live lite, Piano V, Wurli V and Vox Contennential V. Yes, I can use my headphones through the laptop. Was just thinking since it has those outlets in the back that it would sound so much better running through my bass amp.

CU0vFL.jpg
You could do that of course... It's just that it might not be in stereo depending on the amp you have. You could try and see. Also, sounds like the keyboard came with some piano sound software.

Last edited:

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

3QlZLV.jpg
I will be getting me a new keyboard in a week or 2....

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You open it up yet? How you like it?

Dzs0Xe.jpg
Im gonna open it up on Christmas.
Been looking at a lot of youtube videos on it so i can be acquainted with how to create pattern sequences, layers and splits, super layers, patches and whatnot.
Every keyboard is different when it comes to that stuff. Plus the good thing i love about the Juno DS, is that i can upload synth sounds, wavs, and midis from the Korg, Yamaha, and Nord via usb.

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Im gonna open it up on Christmas.
Been looking at a lot of youtube videos on it so i can be acquainted with how to create pattern sequences, layers and splits, super layers, patches and whatnot.
Every keyboard is different when it comes to that stuff. Plus the good thing i love about the Juno DS, is that i can upload synth sounds, wavs, and midis from the Korg, Yamaha, and Nord via usb.
Good points. I'm gonna open my Arturia keylab mkii soon as well. I'm gonna use my bass amp for sound. I'll hook up my laptop to it.

RASasp.jpg