Who Here Has Expensive Hobbies and/or Toys

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
Yep...but 10mm rounds aren't found everywhere....45 is more of a generic round... readily available..brah
that is true. 10mm is gaining in popularity though and is becoming more known especially with 40S&W falling off a cliff now

Just came across this penetration test. I think you'll like this video for more than 1 reason lol

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
Explain...I'm still living with being riddled with a Glock 17..and leaking...but no fatality... brah
Versatility for starters. I can run 9mm from my handguns as well as my FX-9 which is an AR format. I also have a hell of a lot more capacity available as well. You'll be hard pressed to find any pistol that holds more than 15 rounds of 45. Meanwhile my PDP holds 18 and you can get Glock mags that hold 30. Also easier to carry as well. Most of your 45 pistols are 1911s and while they can be carried, the weight of them 1911s will get old real fast compared to its polymer counterparts.

Now 45 might hit hard but the further away your target is the less effective that 45 is as well since it's a much slower moving round. Doesn't give the same level of penetration either due to that slower speed either. If shit hits the fan, I'd be more likely to come across 9mm ammo than 45 as well.

There's a reason why you see LE or military using 9mm instead of 45. Now just because you've managed to survive being shot multiple times from 9mm doesn't mean the round isn't effective. Hell a 22lr bullet can kill you for what it's worth. It's all about shot placement as well as the types of bullets used.

ZuluSam

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Sporting clays, trap and skeet. Just picked up my new baby. Cesar Guerini Summit LimiTed.

Summit_Limited_action_right17.png

jw-cgsummitltd.jpg_thumbnail0.jpg

wm_5990471.jpg

22563-A.jpg

Last edited:

Big Tex

Earth is round..gravity is real
BGOL Investor
Camera equipment. Got a Sony A7iii (thinking about upgrading to a a7Siii) Ronin sc2 gimbal, expensive lenses, action cams, filters, lights, stands tripod, monopod to film when I travel. My brother in law has a drone so I edit the footage together to make vacation vids.

Color correct monitor.

Makes no gatdayum sense, but I like it.

Last edited:

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
Camera equipment. Got a Sony A7iii (thinking about upgrading to a a7Siii) Ronin sc2 gimbal, expensive lenses, action cams, filters, lights, stands tripod, monopod to film when I travel. My brother in law has a drone so I edit the footage together to make vacation vids.

Color correct monitor.

Makes ho gatdayum sense, but I like it.
I recently picked up a Sony A6100 and that mofo wasn't cheap considering it's more of an entry level mirrorless. I know that A7iii is at least double the price. And then the lens are another beast on the wallet. I plan on using mine for youtube videos. Down the road if things go well I'll upgrade the camera

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor

Color correct monitor.

Makes ho gatdayum sense, but I like it.
Camera equipment can be expensive. Good, professional stuff anyways

2dOxNg.jpg

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
Camera equipment can be expensive. Good, professional stuff anyways

2dOxNg.jpg
Bruh just for a 16-50mm lens alone, I'll be looking at about $160. It'd be an upgrade over the 16-50 that came with my camera though. I'll probably end up keeping the 16-50 I have now and looking at going after a Sigma 30mm lens instead. That mofo will run me about $270. Both are still relatively cheap compared to other higher end lens but considering this is my 1st mirrorless camera, I know I'll end up acquiring more lens over the long run that will be significantly more expensive. My wallet isn't ready

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Bruh just for a 16-50mm lens alone, I'll be looking at about $160. It'd be an upgrade over the 16-50 that came with my camera though. I'll probably end up keeping the 16-50 I have now and looking at going after a Sigma 30mm lens instead. That mofo will run me about $270. Both are still relatively cheap compared to other higher end lens but considering this is my 1st mirrorless camera, I know I'll end up acquiring more lens over the long run that will be significantly more expensive. My wallet isn't ready
Get the best. Fuck it. You deserve it.

Ky1HsG.jpg

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
Get the best. Fuck it. You deserve it.

Ky1HsG.jpg
Nah I'm not gonna get ahead of myself. I'm brand new to mirrorless cameras and since I'm only gonna be using it to make Youtube studio videos for now it wouldn't make sense splurging on lens that are for far more usage than that. It'd be a waste of money. Now if I expand to doing more off site video and photography then yeah I'll definitely look at getting them higher end lens. For now I just wanna make sure I learn the nuances of my new camera and lens fundamentals so I know exactly what I need to make a quality product

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Nah I'm not gonna get ahead of myself. I'm brand new to mirrorless cameras and since I'm only gonna be using it to make Youtube studio videos for now it wouldn't make sense splurging on lens that are for far more usage than that. It'd be a waste of money. Now if I expand to doing more off site video and photography then yeah I'll definitely look at getting them higher end lens. For now I just wanna make sure I learn the nuances of my new camera and lens fundamentals so I know exactly what I need to make a quality product
Yes. Down the road though once you get better get the best. Fuck it. It's worth it

IjIP0y.jpg

Big Tex

Earth is round..gravity is real
BGOL Investor

I shoot on the Sony GM 24/1.4 mainly and that was $1500. I also have a 55mm and 85mm lenses that cost about $800 each. Granted this was over about 3 years.

I've used that Sigma 30mm with my first camera (A6000) and it's really good.

killagram

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Versatility for starters. I can run 9mm from my handguns as well as my FX-9 which is an AR format. I also have a hell of a lot more capacity available as well. You'll be hard pressed to find any pistol that holds more than 15 rounds of 45. Meanwhile my PDP holds 18 and you can get Glock mags that hold 30. Also easier to carry as well. Most of your 45 pistols are 1911s and while they can be carried, the weight of them 1911s will get old real fast compared to its polymer counterparts.

Now 45 might hit hard but the further away your target is the less effective that 45 is as well since it's a much slower moving round. Doesn't give the same level of penetration either due to that slower speed either. If shit hits the fan, I'd be more likely to come across 9mm ammo than 45 as well.

There's a reason why you see LE or military using 9mm instead of 45. Now just because you've managed to survive being shot multiple times from 9mm doesn't mean the round isn't effective. Hell a 22lr bullet can kill you for what it's worth. It's all about shot placement as well as the types of bullets used.

Imma shoot a trespass...up front and personal...my threats...ain't long distance...mine have always been well within 20 yards....I'm a street knicca...brah