Anyone investing heavily this year??

How much money did you lose/gain this past week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tical

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Look at the one day, one year chart. This shit has a history of tanking after earnings and bouncing back up. I’m trying to get better at reading charts. So correct me if I’m wrong.

Nice pick up! That's the thing. There are so many ways to play this game and wha you're pointing out is just another nugget! I also got in on a small position based off what should be a rebound.

Thanks to you and @Tito_Jackson

Got a new research tool to add to my kit! Looking at pre and post earnign history for certain tickers.

Last edited:

PsiBorg

We Think, so We'll Know
BGOL Investor
Yo...that’s some damn good advice man!!! I never looked at like that, and I’m trying my best to practice my risk management. I suck at it right now and end up taking big hits on bad trades.

Can you give my an example of how you do this?
I'm on the ThinkorSwim platform. I don't know how it works on other platforms.

I'll choose a stock (priced at $10.00); then I go into the option chain. I look at the nearest date. Then to the right, there are two numbers like (+/- 2.34%, 1.33). This is equivalent to Implied Volatility and the Expected Move. The implied volatility is in a percentage and the hard number is the expected move. So lets take the hard number +/- 1.33. That means that that stock is expected to move up or down $1.33. So, I'll place my stop-loss at $8.67, which is $10.00 minus $1.33. More so $8.66, that's really one cent outside.

I hope that makes sense, I'm not a teacher. Maybe someone can explain it better than I did.

Supersav

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yea IV is very important...you wanna buy stocks and or Options when IV is low as when it gets higher the value of the option also goes higher

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I built up a position, limit order executed right before close to average down some more and then I was notified of the R/S at 4:00 pm yesterday. I didn't get in early enough to exit today but if I was in 2 to 3 weeks prior to my first purchase I would have exited as soon as that bitch hit $5.15.
Reverse split is the best thing they could’ve done. Float was massive and it’ll go supernova when it is up-listed.

TOMMYGUNZZ

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I'll choose a stock (priced at $10.00); then I go into the option chain. I look at the nearest date. Then to the right, there are two numbers like (+/- 2.34%, 1.33). This is equivalent to Implied Volatility and the Expected Move. The implied volatility is in a percentage and the hard number is the expected move. So lets take the hard number +/- 1.33. That means that that stock is expected to move up or down $1.33. So, I'll place my stop-loss at $8.67, which is $10.00 minus $1.33. More so $8.66, that's really one cent outside.

I hope that makes sense, I'm not a teacher. Maybe someone can explain it better than I did.
So what this means is that you will automatically sell if it gets down to that stop-loss number correct?

L_SON

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

This makes perfect sense!!!! I’m about to study this like the Bible, and implement this on every option trade moving forward.

Good looking out fam!

PsiBorg

We Think, so We'll Know
BGOL Investor
So what this means is that you will automatically sell if it gets down to that stop-loss number correct?
Correct!

If it goes down that much, something is going on in the overall markets or something big was happening with that particular stock that pushed it down so much. Like a bad earnings report etc...

tical

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Props to @tical and @Supersav for trying to help these brothas out.

and no disrespect but I don’t get how you brothas spend your hard earned money investing and don’t do any research or reading at all. That’s basically gambling.

@xfactor, You're absolutely right that it is gambling. But try not to be so harsh!

I'm going to assume, like me, many of us come from backgrounds where this stuff wasn't taught to us. Likely we were taught to do good in school, get a good job, work hard, and save. Wash/Repeat..

Clearly, that strategy is unlikely to get you to the promise land. Finding away to generate passive income etc is the way. Hencing investing in the market, real estate, business etc.

As for the Market, HOW do you do research? What do you look for? How do you minimize risk and maximize potential? etc etc etc
If no one ever taught you these things then it's unlikely you're going to avoid "gambling-like" tactics on the way to the promise land.

It's all trial and error! Unfortunately with real money.

The key, imo, is learning from your mistakes. Picking up bits here and there..researching those bits..applying those bits...getting more sound and sophisticated along the way.

School of hardknocks! Unfortunately, for some of us out here.

tical

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
man I'm so tempted to buy cciv

For those that are in on $CCIV or any other stocks you have a large position in and are in the red. Consider a Married Put option position...Hedging your potential downside. While still maximizing your upside potential

blackpepper

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Props to @tical and @Supersav for trying to help these brothas out.

and no disrespect but I don’t get how you brothas spend your hard earned money investing and don’t do any research or reading at all. That’s basically gambling.
Proof of your idiocy is on full display because you have absolutely no idea what investments I'm holding, my earnings loss or anything. You're just spouting completely made up bullshit and feel great about it. But, I give zero fucks what positions you're involved in. Close your legs if you want, or keep them open, wipe off, IDK! :cool:
Yeah he is another agent that is in the investments thread like @blackpepper @HellBoy and @sammyjax but they’ve been getting killed this week so it has been great. I was glad to have been personally involved in the effort to wipe them out shorting $CCIV which I still haven’t closed. :yes:

Ceenote

Thinkn with My 3rd Eye!
Platinum Member
@xfactor, You're absolutely right that it is gambling. But try not to be so harsh!

I'm going to assume, like me, many of us come from backgrounds where this stuff wasn't taught to us. Likely we were taught to do good in school, get a good job, work hard, and save. Wash/Repeat..

Clearly, that strategy is unlikely to get you to the promise land. Finding away to generate passive income etc is the way. Hencing investing in the market, real estate, business etc.

As for the Market, HOW do you do research? What do you look for? How do you minimize risk and maximize potential? etc etc etc
If no one ever taught you these things then it's unlikely you're going to avoid "gambling-like" tactics on the way to the promise land.

It's all trial and error! Unfortunately with real money.

The key, imo, is learning from your mistakes. Picking up bits here and there..researching those bits..applying those bits...getting more sound and sophisticated along the way.

School of hardknocks! Unfortunately, for some of us out here.

I definitely get what your saying, cause i felt the same way at first, but thats what encouraged me to take a class! I wanted to have the basic understanding of what i was putting my money into. How to understand some of these big words they use to try to keep us from venturing into the unknown! So i took wallstreet trappers course... it was cheap at the time of purchase... but they also have earn your leasure course as well. To me they were eye opening knowing what im looking at. But i still buy risky stock, but i do know the risk... just sharing my 2 cent..

blackpepper

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I’m with it if he agrees and will post here, real time.
Proof of your idiocy is on full display because you have absolutely no idea what investments I'm holding, my earnings loss or anything. You're just spouting completely made up bullshit and feel great about it. But, I give zero fucks what positions you're involved in. Close your legs if you want, or keep them open, wipe off, IDK! :cool:
Yeah he is another agent that is in the investments thread like @blackpepper @HellBoy and @sammyjax but they’ve been getting killed this week so it has been great. I was glad to have been personally involved in the effort to wipe them out shorting $CCIV which I still haven’t closed. :yes:

blackpepper

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Shorts covering before weekend. It’ll be red again next week

tical

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I definitely get what your saying, cause i felt the same way at first, but thats what encouraged me to take a class! I wanted to have the basic understanding of what i was putting my money into. How to understand some of these big words they use to try to keep us from venturing into the unknown! So i took wallstreet trappers course... it was cheap at the time of purchase... but they also have earn your leasure course as well. To me they were eye opening knowing what im looking at. But i still buy risky stock, but i do know the risk... just sharing my 2 cent..

Agreed! Agreed! I'm not advocating not taking a class or a course. @Efkie recently posted some course materials a few pages back. There's a ton of that stuff and they're all highly recommened.

BUT there comes a time when you have to put your foot in the water and FEEL it.

Nothing in my opinion teaches you trading wins and losses like having real $$$ in the game.

I personally think taking a risky position and losing your ass is one of the best teachers.

There's somethign about that reckless spirit that you have to exericise.

You have to get that, "If this thing lands just right i'm about to come up HUGE!" type of "gambling" that you have to go through BEFORE
You start learning to take profits when they're there and not play the "What if it goes up higher mental traps"

You can talk about that stuff in trading course. But you won't really learn it until you think you're that 1/100 that going to be the one to hit it and lose 1,2,3100 times. Before you get it!

School of hardknocks for a reason.

Last edited:

HellBoy

Black Cam Girls -> BlackCamZ.Com
Platinum Member
@blackpepper

I just happened to check to see what you were replying to xcac about . I didnt see the original because I have "it" on ignore. Its funny that this "thing" has progressed from just saying "brothas" in its posts, to now calling others "agents".

Hilarious.

Others interacting with xcac... beware of the wolf in sheep's clothing.

Last edited:

tical

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
@blackpepper

I just happened to check to see what you were replying to xcac about . I didnt see the original because I have "it" on ignore. Its funny that this "thing" has progressed from just saying "brothas" in its posts, to now calling others "agents".

Hilarious.

:lol:

blackpepper

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
@blackpepper

Hilarious.

@xfactor just randomly mentions me in his post occasionally for no reason, like he can't get me off his mind. Case in point, he just starts talking about how I invest, like he knows me. I don't even post my shit on here like that, never have, never will. I just want everyone to see he's a blathering idiot that just makes shit up as he goes. Why anyone would trust his investment advice is beyond me.

havelcok

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Enph popped 5% today

isnt it funny that always happens when you buy a small position

But regardless nice rally into the close

entering the power hour

Let’s see if the market can maintain it

HellBoy

Platinum Member
@xfactor just randomly mentions me in his post occasionally for no reason, like he can't get me off his mind. Case in point, he just starts talking about how I invest, like he knows me. I don't even post my shit on here like that, never have, never will. I just want everyone to see he's a blathering idiot that just makes shit up as he goes. Why anyone would trust his investment advice is beyond me.
You right, I should stop posting my screenshots to rile that thing up. I'll stick to just charts.

The Plutonian

The Anti Bullshitter
BGOL Investor
1A50.gif

Me.....

That being said what are the long term investors thoughts on this CCIV stock. Ive thrown money in on all these dips. I may as well keep going smh.....

I wouldn't mess with CCIV. Check out the Video on it here

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
You guys are thinking too short term, CCIV is a good long buy, even if they dont become as successful as Tesla the stock will at least 10x from its current price in a couple years.

HellBoy

Platinum Member
You guys are thinking too short term, CCIV is a good long buy, even if they dont become as successful as Tesla the stock will at least 10x from its current price in a couple years.
I'm still eyeing January 2023 options. Waiting until after the ticker change to decide.