Joe Biden is now POTUS

Politic Negro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Racists don’t care. They will slit their own throats if they think it will hurt a Black person
I really believe people think it'll be $15 as soon as the ink dries . The fed min wage was just under $3 in 1979. That same wage equates to $10 and some change in todays dollars.

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
I really believe people think it'll be $15 as soon as the ink dries . The fed min wage was just under $3 in 1979. That same wage equates to $10 and some change in todays dollars.

The GOP in congress knows what is in the bill, and that it is a gradual increase, but they are framing it as doubling the minimum wage during a pandemic. It's a talking point.

blackpepper

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
While DeJoy was gloating 'Get used to me' in hearing, Biden was engineering his ouster
Feb 25, 2021 9:07pm GMT
https://m.dailykos.com/stories/2018110
In Wednesday's congressional hearing, U.S. Postmaster General Louis DeJoy brought his usual brash, bullying self to the table, at one point snarling at Rep. Jim Cooper that he would be in this job for "a long time. Get used to me." Within an hour of that exchange, news broke that President Biden had been vetting nominees to fill vacancies on the U.S. Postal Service (USPS) board of governors, the board that has the power to fire DeJoy.

Within another few hours the nominees were identified: Anton Hajjar, former general counsel for the American Postal Workers Union; Amber McReynolds, chief executive officer of Vote at Home, a group that pushed mail-voting in the 2020 election; and Ron Stroman, a former deputy postmaster general who was on Biden's transition team. On Thursday, White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki basically said DeJoy's days are soon to be over: "The Postal Service needs leadership that can and will do a better job."

:giggle:
What will it take to get Biden's nominations for the USPS Board of Governors confirmed? In other words can the GOP block the confirmations? I ask because it they can, they will.

BKF

Rising Star
Registered
What will it take to get Biden's nominations for the USPS Board of Governors confirmed? In other words can the GOP block the confirmations? I ask because it they can, they will.
"The President does not have the power to remove the postmaster general. Only the Postal Service Board of Governors -- which is comprised of members nominated by the President and confirmed in the Senate -- has the power to do so, and DeJoy continues to have the support of the Trump-appointed board."

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I don’t think they need to be confirmed by the Senate
Do you people even think about the shit you say? You think the president of the USA who is going to let the parliamentarian dictate the minimum wage is going to oust the postmaster general?

I remember hearing that this administration wasn’t going to fall for Republican obstructionism likethe Obama admin, but I see their cabinet isn’t even confirmed.

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
It must be lost on you that the party of slavers would be offended by a minimum wage hike. And then you say $10 as if labor wasn’t once was free.

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Fuck are they planning on passing protect the trannies laws if they have no interest in signing it into law? Are they interested in stopping lynchings? Or is that all for show too?

Last edited:

blackpepper

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
... @blackpepper @HellBoy and @sammyjax but they’ve been getting killed this week so it has been great. I was glad to have been personally involved in the effort to wipe them out shorting $CCIV which I still haven’t closed. :yes:
Proof of your idiocy is on full display because you have absolutely no idea what investments I'm holding, my earnings loss or anything. You're just spouting completely made up bullshit and feel great about it. But, I give zero fucks what positions you're involved in. Close your legs if you want, or keep them open, wipe off, IDK! :cool:

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
154080726_268886714609212_2436023924460718041_n.jpg

Fascinating story: if you want to learn more: https://postalmuseum.si.edu/.../the-history-and.../minnie
And HERE is the factchecking story in case you would like to see more on the "missing context" of this meme - https://www.snopes.com/.../theodore-roosevelt.../
#BlackHistoryMonth