Anyone investing heavily this year??

How much money did you lose/gain this past week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

havelcok

Rising Star
Platinum Member
surely jpow is not going to let us go into the weekend red

958a206644d9b49ad432902e57f14777.jpg

tical

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
My Bitcoin folks, What the deal with Microstrategy $MSTR? I'm hearing about it for the first time.

sickwidit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm patiently waiting on Roblox IPO.......March 10th.
Last year it was worth $5 billion......today its worth almost $30 billion. I'm definitely jumping on that train.
You planning to pick up shares on the day or wait a bit after the IPO frenzy?

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I guess posters are still sleep. Time to head back to the research room. :laptop:

agents and BLUE hat MAGAs: buy up $TSNP shares with all of your stimulus check that still hasn’t been approved yet :lol:
Ticker change in. Commas made. Outta here. Good luck brothas. Don’t let the agents deter you.

SmaLLz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Ticker change in. Commas made. Outta here. Good luck brothas. Don’t let the agents deter you.
I built up a position, limit order executed right before close to average down some more and then I was notified of the R/S at 4:00 pm yesterday. I didn't get in early enough to exit today but if I was in 2 to 3 weeks prior to my first purchase I would have exited as soon as that bitch hit $5.15.

TOMMYGUNZZ

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm patiently waiting on Roblox IPO.......March 10th.
Last year it was worth $5 billion......today its worth almost $30 billion. I'm definitely jumping on that train.
Hell yea! I am putting a lil something aside for that one. I can see parents especially buying into it for their kids. Got that date on the calendar. Any ideas coming to mind what it may cost?

Basetip

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
There is still room to ride BestBuy down.

Then back up a little.
Thought about picking up a few puts on this, but the timing is what's throwing me off... couple weeks or a few months for exp? Don't want to go thru a Hertz type of thing.... That shit shoulda been named Lazarus.

L_SON

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Thought about picking up a few puts on this, but the timing is what's throwing me off... couple weeks or a few months for exp? Don't want to go thru a Hertz type of thing.... That shit shoulda been named Lazarus.
Look at the one day, one year chart. This shit has a history of tanking after earnings and bouncing back up. I’m trying to get better at reading charts. So correct me if I’m wrong.

PsiBorg

We Think, so We'll Know
BGOL Investor
All of my shit is in the red. So you know what I did? Right, I bought more of it.

It's weeks like this that shows me the importance of doing my own scans and analysis. If you hold quality stocks that are liquid, you'll bounce back. But if you buy that illiquid but popular crap; good luck explaining your strategies to the wife. Because she's damn sure going to hit you up about them fund gains you said you had.

PsiBorg

We Think, so We'll Know
BGOL Investor
Look at the one day, one year chart. This shit has a history of tanking after earnings and bouncing back up. I’m trying to get better at reading charts. So correct me if I’m wrong.
Real talk, most stocks seem to do weird shit around earnings. That's why when I buy options, I always look to see if earnings are coming up soon.

Stocks get volatile around earnings. We should discuss "volatility" and how it's measured soon. There are some bright minds in here. I think we can have a decent discussion about it.

For instance, when I first get in to a new stock, I always look at it's "Implied Volatility." That tells me where to place my stop-loss. I know cats place their stop-loss at something like 6% or a hard dollar amount, like say $1.00. I don't do that. I look at the IV (implied volatility) then I'll place a stop-loss outside of it. That way, it's highly unlikely that I'll get stopped out early.

L_SON

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Real talk, most stocks seem to do weird shit around earnings. That's why when I buy options, I always look to see if earnings are coming up soon.

Stocks get volatile around earnings. We should discuss "volatility" and how it's measured soon. There are some bright minds in here. I think we can have a decent discussion about it.

For instance, when I first get in to a new stock, I always look at it's "Implied Volatility." That tells me where to place my stop-loss. I know cats place their stop-loss at something like 6% or a hard dollar amount, like say $1.00. I don't do that. I look at the IV (implied volatility) then I'll place a stop-loss outside of it. That way, it's highly unlikely that I'll get stopped out early.
Yo...that’s some damn good advice man!!! I never looked at like that, and I’m trying my best to practice my risk management. I suck at it right now and end up taking big hits on bad trades.

Can you give my an example of how you do this?