WandaVision | Official Thread | Marvel / Disney+

D'Evils

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Ahh ok....was just wondering you never know.....

Which btw, this shit has me thinking...so she creates a alternate world where Vision is alive but not her brother?

Her bother was killed by Ultron in battle....
She then killed Ultron by ripping his "heart" out his chest...

Then the person who got you through your brother's death (Vision) asked you to mercy kill him... Then she watched Thanos bring him back to life and rip the stone from his head...

Maybe she accepted her brother's death but the Vision shit was just to much....

Or she brought Vision back to help "create" the twin boys.... She literally creates a baby Quicksilver....

Last edited:

doug777

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What made you think that's when she recognized him?
I may have missed something but it looked like the first time she saw him was when the Harts were over to dinner and she asked isn't he dead, not blipped but dead, Vision was in his human form then.

vertigo

Rising Star
Platinum Member
shit that black chick is fine

Yes lawd, with those 70's clothes on, I was wishing she had called herself Thelma instead of Geraldine.

she's nice but
i just rewatched the first 3 episodes and i'm taking a liking to agnes

herb-wandavision.png

It's dat mouf, fam. I been peeped that out- and apparently, from this photo, so has Herb...

one last thing- I re watched episode 4, when Monica goes back to Sword, it's 3 weeks after the Blip. (the return of everyone) She asks about the Astronaut training program, and they walk through a hangar where there is construction on... something going on. What if that is the fantastic 4's ship? They kind of show a guy welding. Could that be Reed or Ben up there working?
What if the FF's powers come from the CMBR that Wanda put out or whatever instead of cosmic rays?

Just a thought.

Last edited:

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
That is what is interesting to me too. Kinda bothers me.

Wanda if she is played correctly SHOULD bring Quicksilver back to life.

Don't know what is up with this.
She didn't know her powers at the time of his death. I don't think she knew she had it in her. Hell, if that's the case, why didn't she bring back the people she killed in Civil War.

guyver

Rising Star
Platinum Member
From the 1st show to the 4th show, the story itself hasnt moved one bit.

We all already knew that this was an alternate reality created by Wanda, they arent making it a mystery to the viewer. We havent seen the government's response, we've seen their investigation. I suppose that next episode we will see a response. It was cool to see people get unsnapped, but that doesnt move the story it just shows a previous event. You could say that giving us an introduction to SWORD is moving it along, but thats it.

4 episodes is too long of a setup imho.

I overall agree with your stance. So far, the story hasn't given us any new information about what is going on in the town. The snap return was already touched on in SpiderMan Far From Home. The other connections to the movies were interesting, but episode 4 was more of a recap from the audience perspective. It confirms some of the things that we knew/thought, but it doesn't really answer the big questions yet.

Personally I'm hoping Wanda really is just going crazy and it is not a third-party causing her to create the world. It would be more interesting that way. Given all the real world talk around the importance of mental health it wouldn't surprise me if they just went that route.

I also thought some of the towns people maybe scientists ( possibly Hydra given Wanda's history) that were brought in to help repair Vision, but im starting to think that isn't the case.

eagle force

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I overall agree with your stance. So far, the story hasn't given us any new information about what is going on in the town. The snap return was already touched on in SpiderMan Far From Home. The other connections to the movies were interesting, but episode 4 was more of a recap from the audience perspective. It confirms some of the things that we knew/thought, but it doesn't really answer the big questions yet.

Personally I'm hoping Wanda really is just going crazy and it is not a third-party causing her to create the world. It would be more interesting that way. Given all the real world talk around the importance of mental health it wouldn't surprise me if they just went that route.

I also thought some of the towns people maybe scientists ( possibly Hydra given Wanda's history) that were brought in to help repair Vision, but im starting to think that isn't the case.

i agree and also agree with the below article

https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/streaming-february-2021-new-netflix-disney-hbo-max-hulu-amazon/

Why WandaVision Doesn't Need Mephisto
By NICOLE DRUM - January 31, 2021 09:33 pm EST

Marvel Studios' WandaVision is roughly at its midpoint with its recent fourth episode, "We Interrupt This Program" and while the events of the episode have begun to offer major explanations for some of what is going on in the curious world of Westview, plenty of theories still abound as for who -- or what -- may be causing Wanda Maximoff (Elizabeth Olsen) to manipulate the world around her into a strange series of sitcom-like settings. One of the biggest theories is that the Lord of Lies himself, Mephisto, could be pulling Wanda's strings and while, with five episodes left, it's possible that the closest thing Marvel has to the devil himself will indeed prove to be the mastermind, the Disney+ series doesn't need Mephisto to tell a powerful story. In fact, the Marvel Cinematic Universe may be better served by letting WandaVision be Wanda's story with no devilish strings attached, choosing to instead telling an authentic story of grief, trauma, and the impact both can have on even a powerful individual like the Scarlet Witch.

Even in comics, Wanda's story is a tragic one, but Scarlet Witch's story in the MCU puts a bit of a finer point on just how much suffering she's endured. While we don't know a lot about Wanda's life before we're properly introduced to her in Avengers: Age of Ultron, what we do know is heartbreaking. When she and her twin brother, Pietro, were 10 years old, the apartment building she and her family lived in in Sokovia was hit by a mortar shell. Wanda's parents were killed while she and her brother ended up trapped in the rubble having hidden under a bed. They remained there for days, an unexploded shell with "Stark Industries" printed on it right in front of them. While the pair were rescued, the children spent two days not only dealing with the literal explosion of their world but the terror that the shell right in front of them could explode at any moment and kill them, too. From there, they go on to be recruited by HYDRA -- who plays on their desire to save their war-torn country -- and are experimented on resulting in their superpowers. Later, they end up manipulated by Ultron and used for those powers and while both Wanda and Pietro ultimately side with the Avengers, Wanda suffers major losses. Not only does she witness Sokovia devastated once again, but Pietro is killed meaning that Wanda has now lost literally everything.

While Wanda ends up becoming an Avenger and arguably has a place to belong after the events in Sokovia, there's still more trauma that the young woman has to deal with. During a mission to Lagos, Nigeria, Wanda accidentally blows up a building and kills most of its occupants. The mistake and loss of life haunt Wanda, though even more significant trauma is yet to come -- specifically when she first has to effectively kill the man she loves, Vision (Paul Bettany), to stop Thanos (Josh Brolin) from getting the Mind Stone in Avengers: Infinity War and then has to watch in horror as Thanos simply reverses time, undoes her action, and then murders Vision himself. That Vision is not among those returned to life with the Blip is undone only compounds that loss.

Any one of the things that Wanda endures in the MCU would be enough for anyone to deal with, but Wanda's entire life is one trauma after another and it's pretty clear by now in WandaVision that, on some level, her manipulation of Westview is very much her way of dealing with that trauma. The idea that Wanda has reached a breaking point -- possibly one triggered by Vision not being returned to life after the events of Avengers: Endgame -- is something that even the most casual Marvel fan can understand. Who hasn't experienced a loss that they wish they had the power to "fix"? Denial is one of the five stages of the grief process and while Wanda's grief and reaction to it are dialed to an eleven given her losses, there's something human about her denial. Inserting Mephisto as a prompt for Wanda's actions would cheapen things.

READ MOREREAD MOREWandaVision’s Teyonah Parris Reacts to New Episode andMonica Rambeau Emoji

SKIP AD

Having Mephisto ultimately revealed to be pulling Wanda's strings would also take away much of Wanda's agency by having her yet again be a victim. Wanda is presented as arguably the most powerful character in the MCU -- she held off Thanos in Infinity War with one hand while destroying the Mind Stone with the other -- but when it comes to her emotional arcs and ownership of her experiences, she hasn't really been given any space process what she's been through. Leaving Mephisto out of WandaVision and having this be entirely Wanda's doing allows for that and, possibly, the most authentic take on trauma we've seen yet from Marvel Studios as Wanda is consumed by her feelings and experiences.

And given Wanda's power set, even if WandaVision ends with Wanda coming out on the other side of her pain and trauma, the door could still easily be open for what she's done in Westview to create conflict and problems that can carry into other MCU properties. We’ve already got the involvement of SWORD and it wouldn’t be too much of a stretch to imagine that what happens in Wanda’s Westview could have larger implications for the multiverse – messing with reality is, after all, a tricky thing. The opportunities here are virtually endless.

Ultimately, Marvel is going to introduce into WandaVision whatever they feel will best advance their overall franchise story, but there's a real opportunity here to let WandaVision be a story without a "gotcha" or a comic book-style reveal. The series is in a position to truly give Scarlet Witch a raw, relatable story about love, loss, and grief that not only is entertaining for fans but respects the character for her strength and her humanity. The devil doesn't need to make her do it; Wanda deserves her own emotional arc and an opportunity to come out the other side stronger for it.

The first four episodes of WandaVision are now streaming on Disney+. If you haven't signed up for Disney+ yet, you can try it out here.

0COMMENTS
What do you think? Does WandaVision need Mephisto to be involved or should the series allow Wanda to have her own emotional arc? Let us know in the comments or hit our writer up on Twitter @lifeinpolaroid to chat all things Scarlet Witch

Lou_Kayge

Rising Star
Registered
i agree and also agree with the below article

https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/streaming-february-2021-new-netflix-disney-hbo-max-hulu-amazon/

Why WandaVision Doesn't Need Mephisto
By NICOLE DRUM - January 31, 2021 09:33 pm EST

Marvel Studios' WandaVision is roughly at its midpoint with its recent fourth episode, "We Interrupt This Program" and while the events of the episode have begun to offer major explanations for some of what is going on in the curious world of Westview, plenty of theories still abound as for who -- or what -- may be causing Wanda Maximoff (Elizabeth Olsen) to manipulate the world around her into a strange series of sitcom-like settings. One of the biggest theories is that the Lord of Lies himself, Mephisto, could be pulling Wanda's strings and while, with five episodes left, it's possible that the closest thing Marvel has to the devil himself will indeed prove to be the mastermind, the Disney+ series doesn't need Mephisto to tell a powerful story. In fact, the Marvel Cinematic Universe may be better served by letting WandaVision be Wanda's story with no devilish strings attached, choosing to instead telling an authentic story of grief, trauma, and the impact both can have on even a powerful individual like the Scarlet Witch.

Even in comics, Wanda's story is a tragic one, but Scarlet Witch's story in the MCU puts a bit of a finer point on just how much suffering she's endured. While we don't know a lot about Wanda's life before we're properly introduced to her in Avengers: Age of Ultron, what we do know is heartbreaking. When she and her twin brother, Pietro, were 10 years old, the apartment building she and her family lived in in Sokovia was hit by a mortar shell. Wanda's parents were killed while she and her brother ended up trapped in the rubble having hidden under a bed. They remained there for days, an unexploded shell with "Stark Industries" printed on it right in front of them. While the pair were rescued, the children spent two days not only dealing with the literal explosion of their world but the terror that the shell right in front of them could explode at any moment and kill them, too. From there, they go on to be recruited by HYDRA -- who plays on their desire to save their war-torn country -- and are experimented on resulting in their superpowers. Later, they end up manipulated by Ultron and used for those powers and while both Wanda and Pietro ultimately side with the Avengers, Wanda suffers major losses. Not only does she witness Sokovia devastated once again, but Pietro is killed meaning that Wanda has now lost literally everything.

While Wanda ends up becoming an Avenger and arguably has a place to belong after the events in Sokovia, there's still more trauma that the young woman has to deal with. During a mission to Lagos, Nigeria, Wanda accidentally blows up a building and kills most of its occupants. The mistake and loss of life haunt Wanda, though even more significant trauma is yet to come -- specifically when she first has to effectively kill the man she loves, Vision (Paul Bettany), to stop Thanos (Josh Brolin) from getting the Mind Stone in Avengers: Infinity War and then has to watch in horror as Thanos simply reverses time, undoes her action, and then murders Vision himself. That Vision is not among those returned to life with the Blip is undone only compounds that loss.

Any one of the things that Wanda endures in the MCU would be enough for anyone to deal with, but Wanda's entire life is one trauma after another and it's pretty clear by now in WandaVision that, on some level, her manipulation of Westview is very much her way of dealing with that trauma. The idea that Wanda has reached a breaking point -- possibly one triggered by Vision not being returned to life after the events of Avengers: Endgame -- is something that even the most casual Marvel fan can understand. Who hasn't experienced a loss that they wish they had the power to "fix"? Denial is one of the five stages of the grief process and while Wanda's grief and reaction to it are dialed to an eleven given her losses, there's something human about her denial. Inserting Mephisto as a prompt for Wanda's actions would cheapen things.

READ MOREREAD MOREWandaVision’s Teyonah Parris Reacts to New Episode andMonica Rambeau Emoji

SKIP AD

Having Mephisto ultimately revealed to be pulling Wanda's strings would also take away much of Wanda's agency by having her yet again be a victim. Wanda is presented as arguably the most powerful character in the MCU -- she held off Thanos in Infinity War with one hand while destroying the Mind Stone with the other -- but when it comes to her emotional arcs and ownership of her experiences, she hasn't really been given any space process what she's been through. Leaving Mephisto out of WandaVision and having this be entirely Wanda's doing allows for that and, possibly, the most authentic take on trauma we've seen yet from Marvel Studios as Wanda is consumed by her feelings and experiences.

And given Wanda's power set, even if WandaVision ends with Wanda coming out on the other side of her pain and trauma, the door could still easily be open for what she's done in Westview to create conflict and problems that can carry into other MCU properties. We’ve already got the involvement of SWORD and it wouldn’t be too much of a stretch to imagine that what happens in Wanda’s Westview could have larger implications for the multiverse – messing with reality is, after all, a tricky thing. The opportunities here are virtually endless.

Ultimately, Marvel is going to introduce into WandaVision whatever they feel will best advance their overall franchise story, but there's a real opportunity here to let WandaVision be a story without a "gotcha" or a comic book-style reveal. The series is in a position to truly give Scarlet Witch a raw, relatable story about love, loss, and grief that not only is entertaining for fans but respects the character for her strength and her humanity. The devil doesn't need to make her do it; Wanda deserves her own emotional arc and an opportunity to come out the other side stronger for it.

The first four episodes of WandaVision are now streaming on Disney+. If you haven't signed up for Disney+ yet, you can try it out here.

0COMMENTS
What do you think? Does WandaVision need Mephisto to be involved or should the series allow Wanda to have her own emotional arc? Let us know in the comments or hit our writer up on Twitter @lifeinpolaroid to chat all things Scarlet Witch

Was watching YouTuber John Campea's channel last night and he said you could see the signs of Wanda unraveling during her attack on Thanos in Endgame. When she said "You took EVERYTHING from me" He replies,"I don't even know who you are." Her response,"You will!",according to Campea was chilling.

Okay, this is me now. I think he's right. Wanda had to kill her love Vision for the greater good.She did it, having hardly any time to adjust, only to have Thanos undo it and kill Vision again more brutally than she did. Wanda being snapped and gone for 5 years, never even had time to mourn ,when, 'poof', she's back in battle. What else did Thanos take from her, well in the long run, her humanity. Had he not given Loki the Mind stone in the spear Strucker/Hydra wouldn't have experimented on her and her brother(remains to be seen whether or not the mind stone gave them their powers or released latent ones). No mind stone mean she and Pietro get to live normal lives. Granted, she never meets Vision, but that's the price.

The Plutonian

The Anti Bullshitter
BGOL Investor
That is what is interesting to me too. Kinda bothers me.

Wanda if she is played correctly SHOULD bring Quicksilver back to life.

Don't know what is up with this.

Nah, let that fag stay where he at plus he a lil racist Trump loving douchebag. He good.

Also one major villain and one arch villain is about to appear if you didn’t know.

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Quicksilver is going to be in 3 episodes.

I am not talking about the X-men Quicksilver. I am talking about the Age of Ultron Quicksilver.