WandaVision | Official Thread | Marvel / Disney+

guyver

Rising Star
Platinum Member
You mean episode 4

4 is where you start to get some of the questions answered, but I'd personally recommend people start from 3 or maybe 2. Worse case if someone likes it from episode 3 they can go back and watch 1 and 2 later. Plus they did a good job recapping the prior episodes.

I have new thoughts around the town but I can't discuss it without spoiling episode 4.

LordSinister

One Punch Mayne
Super Moderator
4 is where you start to get some of the questions answered, but I'd personally recommend people start from 3 or maybe 2. Worse case if someone likes it from episode 3 they can go back and watch 1 and 2 later. Plus they did a good job recapping the prior episodes.

I have new thoughts around the town but I can't discuss it without spoiling episode 4.
Start at episode 1 and enjoy the slow burn. So far I really like the direction of the show and if you think about the movie contact, the episode starting in black and white and the music switching to mono before the start of the first episode it really comes together.

Can't wait till episode 5!

guyver

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Start at episode 1 and enjoy the slow burn. So far I really like the direction of the show and if you think about the movie contact, the episode starting in black and white and the music switching to mono before the start of the first episode it really comes together.

Can't wait till episode 5!

I don't agree it is a slow burn in episode1 and 2 is debatable. They took advantage of the fact they have a built in fan base with the MCU. This allowed them to play out a theme in a unbalanced way that doesn't necessarily appeal to a broader audience. As of the latest episode it is a good show, but be honest with yourself. If the show was not connected to the MCU and you had little knowledge of what was to come from media outlets or studio before the show dropped, would you still think starting from episode 1 was great to the general public? In my opinion Disney doesn't believe so because they dropped the first two episodes together and they gave know reviewers the first three episodes so that they wouldn't shit on the show before it could get to boarder audience episodes. Again doesn't make episode 1 and 2 bad; they just aren't for everyone.

If the first episode turns out to add more value to the overall season, my opinion will change. I still believe some viewers will would enjoy the show more starting from maybe episode 2 and definitely episode 3. Honestly if you are a MCU fan but you're not that interested in the show and want to still understand the MCU in the future, starting from episode 4 will get you up to speed at a high level. It blends the movies and the TV show well for those who want the cliff notes.

eagle force

Rising Star
Platinum Member
:popcorn:

Aww sh*t they called her CAPTAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fed5de62b3b5363568397db79a49b3f2.jpg

monica was the true 2nd captain marvel in the comics-hopefully her MCU version will become this

bree larson's version was a phony knockoff of captain mar-vell
Captain-Marvel-Marvel-Comics-Mar-Vell-Avengers-a.jpg

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
carol danvers was ms marvel not captain marvel
carol was absorbed by rogue of the xmen
monica rambeau was always the 2nd captain marvel

you know what? you 100% right

but because of the last couple of reboots Marvel has tried to make it canon that they all connected, messing with the time line.

and the movies went a whole OTHER direction.

the lasted version of Carol makes her a direct descendant by way of her mother (life of captain marvel)? they keep going BACK in her history and flipping it the ms marvel era then her captain marvel era.

D'Evils

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
carol danvers was ms marvel not captain marvel
carol was absorbed by rogue of the xmen
monica rambeau was always the 2nd captain marvel

And then Marvel, the people who created them, said No... This is what it is now...

Ms. Marvel/Carol was and is more closely associated with the original so her taking the mantle makes since...

Monica has gone through about 4 name changes.... she was never associated with the original Captain Marvel....
Photon or Spectrum actually describes her powers....

It just seemed random for a codename or maybe it had more to do with copyright issues with DC....

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Disney almost fucked up by not making all of these episodes immediately available from the jump.

The first two almost turned me away. Episode 3 piqued my interest. Episode 4, I bought in.

This is the type of series that would be perfect for binging.

The week to week scheduled releases takes away from it.

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Binging isn't how you are to watch a tv show. Get a life. Live for a week and come back!!!

Disney almost fucked up by not making all of these episodes immediately available from the jump.

The first two almost turned me away. Episode 3 piqued my interest. Episode 4, I bought in.

This is the type of series that would be perfect for binging.

The week to week scheduled releases takes away from it.