Louis Koo

Star
BGOL Investor
bitch fine as fuck

Kat-Dennings-as-Darcy-Lewis-in-Thor.jpg

Lou_Kayge

Rising Star
Registered
Even though Scott Lang(Ant-Man), lives in San Francisco, it's surprising Woo didn't request his services in finding Rambeau. If anyone is good at infiltration...

LordSinister

One Punch Mayne
Super Moderator
I grew up with I love Lucy, Bewitched and shit like that on tv. If this came out in the 60's as a witch married to a Robotic man it would have been a smash hit. That's how I'm judging it. My favorite Martian, Lost in Space and others were what was hot for sci-fi

I don't agree it is a slow burn in episode1 and 2 is debatable. They took advantage of the fact they have a built in fan base with the MCU. This allowed them to play out a theme in a unbalanced way that doesn't necessarily appeal to a broader audience. As of the latest episode it is a good show, but be honest with yourself. If the show was not connected to the MCU and you had little knowledge of what was to come from media outlets or studio before the show dropped, would you still think starting from episode 1 was great to the general public? In my opinion Disney doesn't believe so because they dropped the first two episodes together and they gave know reviewers the first three episodes so that they wouldn't shit on the show before it could get to boarder audience episodes. Again doesn't make episode 1 and 2 bad; they just aren't for everyone.

If the first episode turns out to add more value to the overall season, my opinion will change. I still believe some viewers will would enjoy the show more starting from maybe episode 2 and definitely episode 3. Honestly if you are a MCU fan but you're not that interested in the show and want to still understand the MCU in the future, starting from episode 4 will get you up to speed at a high level. It blends the movies and the TV show well for those who want the cliff notes.

Lou_Kayge

Rising Star
Registered
Funny. It just hit me thay maybe a few days or weeks passed from when Monica was blipped back and when she officially went back to work at S.W.O.R.D. She may have even got to use belated bereavement leave. Where am i going with this? The last time we saw Wanda pre-WandaVision was at Stark's funeral when she and Hawkeye were talking about whether or not Natasha and Vison "knew" they won. Not sure exactly where in the tri-state area Stark lived, but Wanda apparently found her way to NJ after the destruction of the Avenges compound. Surprising that Hawkeye isn't checking in on her well being.

guyver

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I grew up with I love Lucy, Bewitched and shit like that on tv. If this came out in the 60's as a witch married to a Robotic man it would have been a smash hit. That's how I'm judging it. My favorite Martian, Lost in Space and others were what was hot for sci-fi

I get that, but consider how many people didn't see it and can't relate or just didn't like those shows even at their height.

I saw the shows on Nick at Night but that doesn't mean I'm entertained by what is being shown in the first two episodes. They could have done shows from the 90s or early 2000s and I'd feel the exact same way. For me, the first two episodes were too much 50s tv and too little storyline. Even though it was at the end, episode three did a better job of balancing the show for me. Episode four will likely bring in the audience that couldn't relate or just didn't care about the early sitcom vibe. Granted it isn't over with but it will make them more comfortable with the sitcom aspect going forward.

gdatruth

A Man Apart
Certified Pussy Poster
interesting as a kid who grew up in the 80s/90s watching sitcoms in syndication I loved the 1st 3 episodes
my wife not so much
after watching the 4th she is finally all in

i guess for some the 4th episode is really the start of the season and episodes 1-3 was the prologue

WattDogs

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Watch the Cosmic Microwave Background Radiation (CMBR) be the way Marvel introduces the Fantastic Four.

Somewhat. I think the reference to the shortage & missing astronauts is the FF entryway. Think about it. If you go by the last movie, it would fit perfectly into what it seems Wanda is doing & what the next Dr. Strange movie is going to be about.

I think Wanda reconstituted once or all of the gems to try & bring Vision back. When that didn't work, she created Westlake.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So it took 3, 4 episodes to shut people up? I haven't watched this yet.
But this is comparable to someone dissing a movie having only watched the first 10 mins.
This is gonna happen in this new way of getting series. I held off on judgement but yeah Marvel went in a fresh new route they never went into before and their fans want instant gratification.....this what they wanted from episode 1. Gotta let shit play out.

AllUniverse17

Rising Star
Registered
4 episodes in and I'm losing patience.

Its not action I'm waiting for. I didn't expect that going in.

The build is just too slow.

The episodes have all been good, the show is fun, but after 4 episodes literally NOTHING has happened.

BigDaddyBuk

still not dizzy.
Platinum Member
4 episodes in and I'm losing patience.

Its not action I'm waiting for. I didn't expect that going in.

The build is just too slow.

The episodes have all been good, the show is fun, but after 4 episodes literally NOTHING has happened.
Really???
Dude, Wanda has kidnapped a township so she can live in an alternate reality where she never lost Vision. Vision might actually be autonomously interacting with her. For the first time in any Marvel production we see what happened immediately after the Hulk snap, where people reintegrated their bodies. Then we see how the government responds to Wanda's world. This is some mind blowing shit.

What do you want from this show?