Anyone investing heavily this year??

How much money did you lose/gain this past week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Is there still any concern for Chinese companies delisting? Did that worry leave with Trump?
i know that NYSE is reversing the course on 3 of those Chinese companies....
not sure if Biden will sign an executive order to undo the entirety of what Trump imposed.

HellBoy

Black Cam Girls -> BlackCamZ.Com
Platinum Member
UhJcC7O.png

NNOX has been a $50-$55 stock since I've been watching it. I knew when it dropped to $44 it would get back to $55. I had no idea it'd do this once it got back.
Aww damn, ARK added NNOX to their mix. Now let the shark manipulations begin.

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
$GME short squeeze is beautiful.

If you are long, don’t loan out shares and put on your sell limit orders.

I’ve already done the same. Somebody is about to have a bad start to 2021 :lol:

SmaLLz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I am real new to this but what is the more experienced brothers take on CCIV? I got a few shares at 17.73 on the first day I started trading but even then I felt like I was paying too much of a premium for something that could fall to shit if the merger doesn't go through. I mean this thing was trading around $10 to $11 and then a "leaked" Bloomberg story comes out and it shoots to $18. Due to work, I missed some of the opportunities to grab some shares at the lower end of $17 yesterday but it closed at $22.35 today. The amount of hype around this one and the spike after the "leaked" Bloomberg story is making me uncomfortable and giving me the pump and dumb vibes. I'm interested in hearing everyone's take.

havelcok

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I am real new to this but what is the more experienced brothers take on CCIV? I got a few shares at 17.73 on the first day I started trading but even then I felt like I was paying too much of a premium for something that could fall to shit if the merger doesn't go through. I mean this thing was trading around $10 to $11 and then a "leaked" Bloomberg story comes out and it shoots to $18. Due to work, I missed some of the opportunities to grab some shares at the lower end of $17 yesterday but it closed at $22.35 today. The amount of hype around this one and the spike after the "leaked" Bloomberg story is making me uncomfortable and giving me the pump and dumb vibes. I'm interested in hearing everyone's take.

well that’s the market we are living through right now
Especially with the involvement of Robin Hood traders and cheap money we are seeing crazy valuations.

fundamentals remain the same. If you are uncomfortable look for companies you believe will be around in ten years and invest money you won’t need for ten years

SmaLLz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
well that’s the market we are living through right now
Especially with the involvement of Robin Hood traders and cheap money we are seeing crazy valuations.

fundamentals remain the same. If you are uncomfortable look for companies you believe will be around in ten years and invest money you won’t need for ten years
Sound advice. I'm not that risk adverse but SPACs are new to me. You make a really good point about Robin Hood traders. With that said, would you buy this one above $18? This one still is moving up in the aftermarket. I am going to spend this weekend trying to research and learn as much as I can so that I will know how I want to proceed come Monday.

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
short squeeze is when buying pressure on a stocks pushes the demand past the supply and the shorts have to cover their positions to avoid getting wiped out. A stock can only go to $0 but in theory and go to $1,000,000. Short selling is done on margin to so you will be hit with an interest bill along with the loss in equity if you don’t cover (meaning buying back the shares your shorted)

long squeezes happen too but they are more rare. That is when the shorts win.

What happened to $GME today? What the hell is Short Squeezing?

#tradingeducation

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
i just bought Bank of China. It the 4th biggest bank in the world, it is under valued, and has a dividend of 8%

..the 3 Chinese telcom companies were undervalued too, but got delisted :fuckyousay: .. still hoping the NYSE flips that around now that old boy is out of office. I believe $CHU paid a divvy, but I was playing the options game with them on their earnings dates. I got some frozen calls just chilling in my portfolio that I may take an L on..

Rudey

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Glad I reversed and went long since the offering got ate up. Now it is at an all-time (my original stop loss prediction of $10.50). I see it going to $15 before it slows down.

I have a question......

I see people buy ETF that track the S&P 500 or NASDAQ
Then buy individual stocks such as Amazon, Tesla, Google, Apple, Microsoft for long term holds.

Why would a person not put all in the money in the ETF or the individual stocks?

HellBoy

Black Cam Girls -> BlackCamZ.Com
Platinum Member
I'm in CCIV since $13.75. I'm riding the wave. If this rumor ends up being true, I'm not selling. If it ends up being vaporware, I'll cash out. I really like Lucid because they have a tangible product that will be on the market this spring. Makes me think some of these other spec plays I was hyped about.

tontotonto

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I have a question......

Then buy individual stocks such as Amazon, Tesla, Google, Apple, Microsoft for long term holds.

Why would a person not put all in the money in the ETF or the individual stocks?
my understanding is a ETF is a basket of goods the best tech stocks, individual stocks allow you to get more of a particular item.

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
I have a question......

For diversification, even though the etf might own apple and amazon if apple and amazon crash the etf will offer some protection since it is more diversified.

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
I have a question......

I think it depends on your conviction in a certain company vs. just wanting to cake off of the market and spread your risk. For example, in my regular brokerage I have SPYG, but also have shares of NVDA, WMT, XOM . In my IRA I have VUG but also buy shares of CVS & INTC. I have conviction in those individual companies, but also buy the index to spread my risk, or to flip profits over to as an escape plan.

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
But history as shown that those large companies always bounce back
A crash is really an opportunity to buy more into those blue-chip stocks.
True but if you only have enough money to buy a couple stocks, I would put half in a index fund and the rest in individual stocks and grow from there until I can buy enough different companies to be diversified.

Rudey

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I think it depends on your conviction in a certain company vs. just wanting to cake off of the market and spread your risk. For example, in my regular brokerage I have SPYG, but also have shares of NVDA, WMT, XOM . In my IRA I have VUG but also buy shares of CVS & INTC. I have conviction in those individual companies, but also buy the index to spread my risk, or to flip profits over to as an escape plan.

This actually make sense.

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
True but if you only have enough money to buy a couple stocks, I would put half in a index fund and the rest in individual stocks and grow from there until I can buy enough different companies to be diversified.

This is kind of what I did in May when we got stimulated for the first time. Opened another brokerage account with a mixed portfolio. After a LOT of pruning I have 4 ETFs (ARKK, QCLN, SPYG, VSGX) + 5 individual companies (WMT, XOM, WKHS, NVDA, DKNG). I have conviction in the individuals for different reasons, but depend on the ETFs to stabilize my over all gains.