Anyone investing heavily this year??

How much money did you lose/gain this past week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

APOPHIS

Autodidact / Polymath
Platinum Member
FCEL missed earnings by a few pennies. Stock is being dumped pre-market - Huge sell off
VDRM released news regarding large purchase order with medical facilities - May fly today
BTCS may drop by another 20%+ this a.m. following drop in crypto markets - Consider swing trading

APOPHIS

Autodidact / Polymath
Platinum Member
** UPDATE***
VDRM up 42% premarket

------------------

Update: 130% at market open

Last edited:

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
BBIG...............out of nowhere.............shit.
i'll jump in if it reaches $6........wish i could have caught this earlier.

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Depends on the market sentiment. Before the FDA implemented the fast track approval, an offering from a biotech company was an automatic short sell. Based on what I read, I shorted this in AH and I don’t plan to cover until it hits the $5s (which could be as early as tomorrow).

Long term, it could be good as it also has more funding for growth, which the prospectus tells me. The offering normally has to close (all shares bought and settled) for the stock to regain the movement it has before.

this stock $BNGO, closed at $9.14 with an AH close of $8.16 but the big boys already went home for the day. Short term it will plummet... now I could be wrong and wake up tomorrow with $BNGO at $15. :eek2: but I doubt it :lol:
Had to close short on $BNGO at $8.21 - reversed course on this but small gain is better than a loss.

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
Had to close short on $BNGO at $8.21 - reversed course on this but small gain is better than a loss.

I ended up buying a few more shares yesterday. Like I said before: hoping it has a similar trajectory as PACB. They killed it last week with the symposium tests. Gonna try to keep track of institutional buying going fwd..

baboss2212

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
I have an Ameritrade account. I'm looking to invest in Mutual Funds anywhere I should start looking to invest?

Last edited:

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
RRSP (registered retirement savings) portfolio seems to be back on track. Mututal funds consisting of 90% medium risk / 10% high risk.

Fell off the first few months of the pandemic, but was on the rise following that (May - Oct). Fell off again Oct - Nov (down $1800), but rebounded and up $9000 from Nov - Dec on the most recent statement.

Most recent update was good too. Up just over $2600. Plan on making this year's RRSP contribution within the next 2 - 3 weeks. Aiming to contribute $8000 - 10,000 to the portfolio. Average individual rate of return was just under 8% this year.

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I ended up buying a few more shares yesterday. Like I said before: hoping it has a similar trajectory as PACB. They killed it last week with the symposium tests. Gonna try to keep track of institutional buying going fwd..
It will. I had it (long) at $1 and rode it up. Sold most of it and sold the rest before offering. The market didn’t give a shit about it so now I’m going to go long again. $BNGO is going to be a multi-bagger.

HellBoy

Black Cam Girls -> BlackCamZ.Com
Platinum Member
Still learning:
How many of you use position size as a rule? I am learning to be disciplined and factor out emotions in my trades got burnt both ways, too much or too little. Again thanks to all the contributors.
Money at Risk ÷ Cents at Risk = Ideal Position Size
When I first started I had a rule of no trades more that $750, then I moved to $1,200. Now most trades I do are around $2,500. I used to use a spreadsheet to calculate percentages for stops / exits. Now, I can estimate it off the top of my head.

Position size is important, because if you aren't prepared (or guessing/wishing), you'll end up in the negative pretty quick. Something I've seen quoted a lot is that "If you are nervous getting into a trade, your position size is too big." Bottom line for me is watching a stock over time and seeing how it likes to move. I got away from momentum trading because (for me) its not enough time to know the stock before throwing money at it.

HellBoy

Black Cam Girls -> BlackCamZ.Com
Platinum Member
HicVJRj.png

Missed opportunity today. I was watching NNDM in this channel, but missed it about to break out yesterday. :rolleyes: