WandaVision | Official Thread | Marvel / Disney+

TheProdigal

Invincible under the sun
BGOL Investor
Love it so far. I swear yall wanna jump to the explanation immediately. Thank god for the weekly schedule.
Its not that its just that i dont find the old faux tv show parody interesting or funny and it seems like this season is just gonna be majorly that. Them going thru different sitcom through the decades.

"Did you use your night vision, vision?"
(Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!)

"THE MAN"

Resident Cool Nerd
BGOL Investor
Its not that its just that i dont find the old faux tv show parody interesting or funny and it seems like this season is just gonna be majorly that. Them going thru different sitcom through the decades.

"Did you use your night vision, vision?"
(Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!)
Possibly as she starts losing more control bit by bit. I can see it having a big change towards the second half of the season.

Who_I_AM

BGOL Original Veteran /C.S.I.
BGOL Investor
WandaVision is not doing it for me at all>>> I was hoping that since Teyonah Parris was in it that would make it better. I was wrong. Plus she isn't aging well at all...

37945132-0-image-a-1_1610528082771.jpg

37945128-0-image-a-2_1610528087235.jpg

Al Smith

Rogue Mod
OG Investor
I think that it's on point and even my wife is catching some of the easter eggs... peeps need to slow down and enjoy the show... You can tell who the real comics fans are and those who only have 2 second attention spans.. Remember, the events from this show leads into the next Dr. Strange film .. The Multiverse of Madness...

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
If you haven't read the House of M story arc then here you go. This will help you get an idea of where they're going with this series

TrippCiti

Rising Star
Registered
I think that it's on point and even my wife is catching some of the easter eggs... peeps need to slow down and enjoy the show... You can tell who the real comics fans are and those who only have 2 second attention spans.. Remember, the events from this show leads into the next Dr. Strange film .. The Multiverse of Madness...

^^^^^This^^^^^:yes:

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
A show based on easter eggs is a dumb as fuck idea if you trying to get people to watch

Period.

Don't mean you don't know or like comics

There's building a slow pace while being interesting

And there's pretending to be super interested in all of the little things while ignoring it getting the major things wrong.

Slow burns ain't uninteresting.

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
This show proves that Marvel pays for ratings and reviews. It also shows that there are some Marvel minions who will force themselves to like something that obviously isn't good.

It is still possible for the other episodes to be better.

spider705

Light skin, non ADOS Lebron hater!
BGOL Investor
I'll give my thoughts after watching more episodes.

Marvel has built up equity with me and they've really not let me down with any of their projects. Some were obviously better than others, but still I've rarely left a Marvel backed entity upset. Even the worst of their movies had some good qualities that made them remotely enjoyable.

So far I'm not too impressed. But it's not a race... I'll have better opinions when the marathon is complete

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member
have not watch it yet by why build up slow when there are only 9 ep??

TheAlias

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
I'll give my thoughts after watching more episodes.

Marvel has built up equity with me and they've really not let me down with any of their projects. Some were obviously better than others, but still I've rarely left a Marvel backed entity upset. Even the worst of their movies had some good qualities that made them remotely enjoyable.

So far I'm not too impressed. But it's not a race... I'll have better opinions when the marathon is complete

Expressed the same sentiment to the wife while watching this. I was like, "wow, Marvel really knows how to entertain"

Rare to have something so mainstream, yet quality.

stizz3000

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Reading some of these "takes" are cringey..lol. if you're not caught up...just don't comment. I think Feige said fuk the newcomers, we makin shit for the folks that been with it since Iron Man 1. No more wasted time with huge explainers etc.....I can dig it

guyver

Rising Star
Platinum Member

I say this all the time on here but I'll say it again. You shouldn't need to be a fan of the original work to enjoy or understand an adoption. In the case of the Marvel movies or TV shows they are not even faithful to the comics to begin with. They are there own thing.

If we were just talking about needing to watch the MARVEL movies or TV shows to understand what is happening, I could see that as a defense for any show/movie. However, even then my stance is that a movie/TV show should for the most part be able to stand on its own.

If anything you are bias because you are a fan of the original stories. If you didn't know anything about the history of the characters or knew it was leading into another movie, would you be that interested in continuing to watch Wanda Vision as of these two episodes?

It's not a bad show necessarily but there isn’t enough happening to really make you care either. Anyone who views can tell something is going on even if you know nothing about Marvel. You can argue all day about it being a slow burn, but in my opinion so was the Watchmen and it still made me want to watch. I also didn't have any real knowledge of the Watchmen before the show given that id only seen the movie and series was supposedly more so built around the book. I didn't really remember anything from the movie, yet I was still able to enjoy the series as a stand alone product.

I don't judge series before the season ends but I don't think it's unfair for people to say they are not engaged in the show as of episode two especially since episode three supposedly continues the samething according to Double Toasted. The best thing it has going for it is that the episodes are short, so people may continue to watch given they are investing that much time.

Sloboogie

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
"Some folks just cannot enjoy the cereal, They rush to the bottom and judge it by the prize they get."

Initially, I "hated" the idea of the b/w TV show premise. I did not want a Bewitched or I Love Lucy-type show to watch, but I gave the story a chance and will admit to being impressed with the direction it's taking. It's more Twilight Zone-ish, and has some pretty creepy moments sprinkled in.

My take in why start in B/W:

She's Slovanian, and it's probably what she was initially introduced to in form of entertainment, and when they were studied by Hydra, it was quite possibly the only thing they were allowed to watch to devoid of "real-world influence". She seems like she is advancing in her own head, which is why the color palette starts to come into play.

It's the same scenario of being influenced by sounds, smells etc, while you are sleeping. It's a lot deeper than people think.

Simply Sickenin'

Valar Morghulis ....
BGOL Investor
I don't know if I'm going to make it thru the first episode. I get that there is a mystery that they're building to, but they gotta build faster. I'm 20 minutes in and I'm still basically watching an old rerun of I Dream of Genie or Bewitched on TV-Land. :smh:

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
It's clear to me that a whole lot of people in this thread don't appreciate nuance. Apparently, they are only happy with scripts written for 6-year-olds. The idea that they have to pay attention and put a bit of thought into what they're watching is evidently anathema to them.

I'll tell you one thing, this show illustrates one of the reasons Marvel is way out in front: these people can act.

eagle force

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I don't know if I'm going to make it thru the first episode. I get that there is a mystery that they're building to, but they gotta build faster. I'm 20 minutes in and I'm still basically watching an old rerun of I Dream of Genie or Bewitched on TV-Land. :smh:
you have to watch it keeping in your head that its wanda who is in charge of this world hence the name "wandavision"
she's altered the reality around her-the only thing i'm wondering about how many ppl are affected