WandaVision | Official Thread | Marvel / Disney+

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
It's clear to me that a whole lot of people in this thread don't appreciate nuance. Apparently, they are only happy with scripts written for 6-year-olds. The idea that they have to pay attention and put a bit of thought into what they're watching is evidently anathema to them.

I'll tell you one thing, this show illustrates one of the reasons Marvel is way out in front: these people can act.

It's not even that lol.

You can do the show the way it is
But even if you're doing the show the way it is
You have to make the story interesting.
Mystery easter eggs all of that GREAT
But also the actual episode has to be interesting an interesting spoof is great!

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
you have to watch it keeping in your head that its wanda who is in charge of this world hence the name "wandavision"
she's altered the reality around her-the only thing i'm wondering about how many ppl are affected
either she has or someone else has...

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
I think he means his wife.........unless..you know what I’m out
I thought he meant ppl of a certain age not racial demographic or anything lol

But also make the spoof interesting lol

The trope of anniversary then boss came home for dinner try to get it cooked

We gonna sit here and be like oh you just don't nuance if you're bored of a trope that's been used for 50 years is done again in the exact same way just because it's wanda and vision

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It's clear to me that a whole lot of people in this thread don't appreciate nuance. Apparently, they are only happy with scripts written for 6-year-olds. The idea that they have to pay attention and put a bit of thought into what they're watching is evidently anathema to them.

I'll tell you one thing, this show illustrates one of the reasons Marvel is way out in front: these people can act.
what Marvel is doing is amazing and never been done before; people forget that!!they are beyond everyone in the movie business; the only reason why they are not getting major awards and credit is because these are comic book adaptions; I seen a poster say that they thought some of the movies were bad because the villain wasnt any good; not even realizing that the only true villain was THANOS, the best villain ever; but again even with this wanda vision shit; its clear that this is more than fucking easter egg shit; but hey everyone has an opinion; whether is valid or not now thats a different story....

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
It's not even that lol.

You can do the show the way it is
But even if you're doing the show the way it is
You have to make the story interesting.
Mystery easter eggs all of that GREAT
But also the actual episode has to be interesting an interesting spoof is great!

As I said...

Simply Sickenin'

Valar Morghulis ....
BGOL Investor
you have to watch it keeping in your head that its wanda who is in charge of this world hence the name "wandavision"
she's altered the reality around her-the only thing i'm wondering about how many ppl are affected
Bruh I get that. I read House of M back in the day. I get exactly what they're doing. I just wish they would have chose literally ANY other style because I fucking hate sitcoms. Especially the Nick at Nite/ TV-Land old school sitcoms. The only one that I ever got enjoyment from I Love Lucy.

The comedy of I Love Lucy was absurdist which made it funny. Watching characters creating 'conflicts' thru playing the pronoun game isn't entertaining to me.

-"I think we should focus on the wife."
-"We'll I think we should focus on the husband."
-"I'm glad we're on the same page."
:hmm:

If either one of you stop pronoun gaming and talk like a normal person, this wouldn't be a problem. And turn that laugh track down cause NONE of this is funny.

I just hope that further episodes expand the world into other styles and genres. Hell I'd enjoy episode 2 being styled like a telenovela more than another episode of Bewitched. The actors are good enough to make that woek and watching Vision in a telenovela might actually be funny.

daking181

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I thought he meant ppl of a certain age not racial demographic or anything lol

But also make the spoof interesting lol

The trope of anniversary then boss came home for dinner try to get it cooked

We gonna sit here and be like oh you just don't nuance if you're bored of a trope that's been used for 50 years is done again in the exact same way just because it's wanda and vision
I haven’t watched it yet. I’m trying to wait for a couple more episodes before I dive in

knightmelodic

BGOL Investor
what Marvel is doing is amazing and never been done before; people forget that!!they are beyond everyone in the movie business; the only reason why they are not getting major awards and credit is because these are comic book adaptions; I seen a poster say that they thought some of the movies were bad because the villain wasnt any good; not even realizing that the only true villain was THANOS, the best villain ever; but again even with this wanda vision shit; its clear that this is more than fucking easter egg shit; but hey everyone has an opinion; whether is valid or not now thats a different story....

Exactly. It's blindingly clear the whole thing is just flying over most of these cats heads. I suppose they're used to that infantile DC shit but whatever, to each his own. I'm simply speaking to the quality.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
As I said...
Exactly. It's blindingly clear the whole thing is just flying over most of these cats heads. I suppose they're used to that infantile DC shit but whatever, to each his own. I'm simply speaking to the quality.

Just because something wasn't interesting doesn't mean it flew over anyone's heads lol
That's being blindingly dismissive of people's who's opinions differ from yours.

You're not RIGHT
just like anyone who disagrees with you ain't RIGHT

It's a show. It it doesn't speak to people right away it don't mean that they don't get it.

If someone tried to judge the entire series after 2 episodes then YES you can say this is premature but if they're talking strictly about what's been shown then how can you be like oh you must be used to this or that

there's been people talking about used to scripts written for 6 year olds
all the shit that's been said instead of hmm why didn't you like it or what didn't you like?
why wasn't it interesting?
I enjoyed it for this reason that's why it spoke to me

This shit ain't high concept television that only a few people will understand. They don't make TV shows so that only a few people understand.
Like myself I understand EVERYTHING they're doing and just because I understand it don't automatically make some of the things that I didn't like disappear

LordSinister

One Punch Mayne
Super Moderator
We?
I didn't grow up watching those lol
Re-runs bro. I wasn't alive when some of these shows were created, but when I was a kid we only had Chanel's 2, 4, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 28 and 52. 5, 9, 11 and 13 were local.

I love Lucy, the honeymooners and other shows were syndicated.

There was no cable tv and you had to do an emergency break through if the phone was busy.

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Marvel made 10 movies before people even got an IDEA of the true story being told. Thanos was coming.

No one is going to truly understand what Scarlet Witch is about until Marvel tells the story.

These characters will not be appreciated by average people. They just do not get it.

They did not get that the Ant Man movies were to set up "End Game" so when they used the Pym Particles to travel back in time, it would be complete established.

Little shit like that.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Grew up in the mid 80s when Nickelodeon premiered Nick at Nite and they had a gang of Black & White TV reruns, from Dennis the Menace, My Three Sons, Mr. Ed, Donna Reed Show, Bewitched, etc...

I appreciate that part of WandaVision and it looks like they are leaving the 50s era TV shows to the late 60s/70s...

Like the small easter eggs and all, just hope the episodes get longer and the end credits show more.

Giving it a chance for now. Looking forward to Falcon and Winter Soldier though....

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Re-runs bro. I wasn't alive when some of these shows were created, but when I was a kid we only had Chanel's 2, 4, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 28 and 52. 5, 9, 11 and 13 were local.

There was no cable tv and you had to do an emergency break through if the phone was busy.

I know that's why I was joking about you being an old ass nigga lmaoooo

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Marvel made 10 movies before people even got an IDEA of the true story being told. Thanos was coming.

No one is going to truly understand what Scarlet Witch is about until Marvel tells the story.

These characters will not be appreciated by average people. They just do not get it.

They did not get that the Ant Man movies were to set up "End Game" so when they used the Pym Particles to travel back in time, it would be complete established.

Little shit like that.
Just think about this for a minute; Marvel turned Ant Man(basically their C level or lower comic books) into being more popular than Superman :giggle: ;That shows you the power of Marvel; and they did all of this without their man top of the line comics; Xmen, Fantastic 4, and Spiderman, who came late; Marvel is amazing!!

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Wow! I say this to people all the time bro! All the time.

I didn't think Black Panther would work. I was so pleased when it did though. I teared up when it broke domestic records.

Imagine if Marvel bought DC Comics/Films. And they did a Superman movie or a Jor-EL movie first. Amanda Waller as the anti-hero running through all films. A Cyborg movie with him on Apocalyse fighting Darkseid or Granny Goodness. A Flash movie where he goes back in time and saves his mother and they really play at your heart strings even though he is selfish.

Just think about this for a minute; Marvel turned Ant Man(basically their C level or lower comic books) into being more popular than Superman :giggle: ;That shows you the power of Marvel; and they did all of this without their man top of the line comics; Xmen, Fantastic 4, and Spiderman, who came late; Marvel is amazing!!

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Don't sweat it man. These BGOL niggas were out selling drugs and pimping hoes and killing people. So now they old and washed up and don't know any culture references. All that shit is "white people shit" to them.
Grew up in the mid 80s when Nickelodeon premiered Nick at Nite and they had a gang of Black & White TV reruns, from Dennis the Menace, My Three Sons, Mr. Ed, Donna Reed Show, Bewitched, etc...

I appreciate that part of WandaVision and it looks like they are leaving the 50s era TV shows to the late 60s/70s...

Like the small easter eggs and all, just hope the episodes get longer and the end credits show more.

Giving it a chance for now. Looking forward to Falcon and Winter Soldier though....

guyver

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Little shit like that.

Are you saying no one was aware that Thanos was going to be introduced into the MCU? The character that was shown at the end of the Avengers and was clearly identified as being interested in the activities happening on Earth. The key object of the Avengers was carried over from Captain America.That was before the sixth movie. No one was surprised by him showing up.

They literally call it the Marvel Cinematic Universe. No one was surprised that the movies would use elements large or small to build off. They didn't even attempt to hide their objectives from the audience. The only surpise for the audience was how they were going to retell a story/stories that took place over decades. The comics did the same thing for years. The only shocker was that the studio would actually follow the same formula and actually make it work.

I think all of us agree they have done a great job overall and enjoy a lot of what they have done. That doesn't mean you have to like everything they produce. It doesn't mean you are not a fan of the MCU or it's source material.it also doesn't mean you don't understand what is happening or you lack patience.

We all could literally love a movie, TV show or series for various reasons that contradict each other. Does that make any of us wrong for not having the same opinion on something most of us enjoyed? If someone didn't like the product, does that mean they couldn't comprehend the story or could it be that it just wasnt for them. Martin Scorsese thinks all of the MCU is trash and I'm positive he feels the same about comic book movies in general, but I guess he doesn't understand the concepts being used and likes microwave movies too.

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
No, that is not what I am saying.I do not know why you are responding to me.

You just jumped out the window without reading the context to which I was replying.

People were aware. However many many people did not know. More people did not know than did know.

That is why there are hours of videos explaining things to people.

End of Iron Man set up the first Thor. In Thor we saw Agent Smith and Hawkeye. Many people did not understand their significance.

End of Avengers, many people in the theatre said "who is that"? Matter of fact, people left the theatre before the end credits of MANY of the MCU movies.

Age of Ultron people did not understand the Wakanda reference. Nor did they understand the significance of lifting Mjolnir. I told my friends "Captain America is going to lift it, watch"! I was suprised like "Huh? I know he is worthy". People didn't get it cause they didn't' watch "Thor".

If you don't like Wandavision. That is on you. Fuck off.

I told y'all GOT last 2 seasons was bullshit and y'all loved it and defended it. Go outside and get some fresh air.

Are you saying no one was aware that Thanos was going to be introduced into the MCU? The character that was shown at the end of the Avengers and was clearly identified as being interested in the activities happening on Earth. The key object of the Avengers was carried over from Captain America.That was before the sixth movie. No one was surprised by him showing up.

They literally call it the Marvel Cinematic Universe. No one was surprised that the movies would use elements large or small to build off. They didn't even attempt to hide their objectives from the audience. The only surpise for the audience was how they were going to retell a story/stories that took place over decades. The comics did the same thing for years. The only shocker was that the studio would actually follow the same formula and actually make it work.

I think all of us agree they have done a great job overall and enjoy a lot of what they have done. That doesn't mean you have to like everything they produce. It doesn't mean you are not a fan of the MCU or it's source material.it also doesn't mean you don't understand what is happening or you lack patience.

We all could literally love a movie, TV show or series for various reasons that contradict each other. Does that make any of us wrong for not having the same opinion on something most of us enjoyed? If someone didn't like the product, does that mean they couldn't comprehend the story or could it be that it just wasnt for them. Martin Scorsese thinks all of the MCU is trash and I'm positive he feels the same about comic book movies in general, but I guess he doesn't understand the concepts being used and likes microwave movies too.

HAR125LEM

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS SHOW!!!

It's not only a gift to Older Comic Book Fans,
But it's absolutely a gift to those of US "Old-Heads" who were raised on Classic 50s/60s Television.
I was more into the Classic TV "Easter Eggs" than I was the Comic Book ones.
And a few of the supporting cast members looked like they totally time-looped from those shows.

Great mixture of Tom King's recent "VISION" run with Classic TV Sitcom approach.
Shit totally worked.
When it shouldn't have.

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
And the 2nd episode is BETTER THAN THE FIRST
and it's doing the same exact thing OVERALL

but it's DONE BETTER lol

not a hard concept to understand.
i agree, the second is better than the first. during the first i'm like "why doesn't she just conjure up a fucking meal". but that was my only complaint. I enjoyed both.

Last edited:

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
i agree, the first was better than the second. during the first i'm like "why doesn't she just conjure up a fucking meal". but that was my only complaint. I enjoyed both.

Right the complaint is the premise of the episode wasn't well done. It was stale as fuck and they could do the same theme or ideas of the show in a different way

Then they did.. the 2nd episode is way better and more enjoyable than the 1st and it's still black and white, they're still trying to fit in, it's the SAME SHIT.

BUT BETTER lol

knightmelodic

BGOL Investor
Just because something wasn't interesting doesn't mean it flew over anyone's heads lol
That's being blindingly dismissive of people's who's opinions differ from yours.

You're not RIGHT
just like anyone who disagrees with you ain't RIGHT

It's a show. It it doesn't speak to people right away it don't mean that they don't get it.

If someone tried to judge the entire series after 2 episodes then YES you can say this is premature but if they're talking strictly about what's been shown then how can you be like oh you must be used to this or that

there's been people talking about used to scripts written for 6 year olds
all the shit that's been said instead of hmm why didn't you like it or what didn't you like?
why wasn't it interesting?
I enjoyed it for this reason that's why it spoke to me

This shit ain't high concept television that only a few people will understand. They don't make TV shows so that only a few people understand.
Like myself I understand EVERYTHING they're doing and just because I understand it don't automatically make some of the things that I didn't like disappear

Have no idea why you're taking things so personally, but I guess that's your bag. Me, I could care less, I'm stating facts as well as constantly saying everybody likes what they like and that's fine. You seem to have missed those points. Repeatedly. It's interesting that in a post not even directed to you you find the need to shout that nothing goes over your head. Kinda like Drax...

jasonblacc

Rising Star
Registered

Man Saturday’s night with my sister was full of reruns. Patti Duke/bewitched and the Herman Munsters show.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Have no idea why you're taking things so personally, but I guess that's your bag. Me, I could care less, I'm stating facts as well as constantly saying everybody likes what they like and that's fine. You seem to have missed those points. Repeatedly. It's interesting that in a post not even directed to you you find the need to shout that nothing goes over your head. Kinda like Drax...

Having a discussion isn't takings personally.
This is a message board.
I didn't miss any points.
This thread is directed at everyone in it. And I also quoted a post that you quoted me lol but I guess that wasn't directed at me though you quoted me?

You missed the largest point of all which is ironic in the conversation about going over heads

Who's Drax?

D'Evils

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Bruh I get that. I read House of M back in the day. I get exactly what they're doing. I just wish they would have chose literally ANY other style because I fucking hate sitcoms. Especially the Nick at Nite/ TV-Land old school sitcoms. The only one that I ever got enjoyment from I Love Lucy.

The comedy of I Love Lucy was absurdist which made it funny. Watching characters creating 'conflicts' thru playing the pronoun game isn't entertaining to me.

-"I think we should focus on the wife."
-"We'll I think we should focus on the husband."
-"I'm glad we're on the same page."
:hmm:

If either one of you stop pronoun gaming and talk like a normal person, this wouldn't be a problem. And turn that laugh track down cause NONE of this is funny.

I just hope that further episodes expand the world into other styles and genres. Hell I'd enjoy episode 2 being styled like a telenovela more than another episode of Bewitched. The actors are good enough to make that woek and watching Vision in a telenovela might actually be funny.

Well... Speculation from the Previews And Interviews has it... There are going to be at least four more... a Total of 6 full "Sitcom" episodes...

And the the last 3 Episodes will tie every together...

We will get elements of... the Brady Bunch, Family Ties, Roseanne, Full House and Modern Family... (I wouldn't be surprised if the Olsen Twins do a cameo for their sister)...

I want to see a Married with Children episode... Lol

Last edited:

D@mnphins

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Not what I expected. Too slow for me, and i never cared for those shows when I was younger. I will just read about what happens. If its actually Mojo then I will watch it.

Let me know if Kat Dennings has her titties out.

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
If it is flying over peoples head it probably is a poorly written show