Breaking... Warner Bros entire slate of 2021 films to be released same day on HBOMAX .. Holy Shit

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Christopher Nolan Doubles Down on Warner Bros. Criticism
By Charu Sinha@charulatasinha
Photo: WireImage

25a10fac796989ba0d118295f683b46023-christopher-nolan.rsquare.w330.jpg

Earlier this month, Christopher Nolan made his feelings known about Warner Bros. releasing its 2021 movie slate on HBO Max, and in a recent interview with the Washington Post, he doubled down on those feelings, and threw in some French for good measure. “It’s about what the French call droit moral,” Nolan told the Post of the decision. “Do they own it absolutely, because they paid for it or they financed it? And that is not a purely legalistic question; it’s a question of ethics as well. It’s a question of partnership and collaboration. They did not speak to those filmmakers. They did not consult them about what their plans were for their work. And I felt that somebody needed to point out that that wasn’t the right way to treat those filmmakers.” Nolan further explained that he publicly criticized the decision because “[Warner Bros.] didn’t speak to the filmmakers, they didn’t speak to the theater chains. They didn’t speak to the production partners on the films.” Nolan, who has made nine films with Warner Bros., did not comment on the future of his relationship with the studio to the Post.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Christopher Nolan objects to Warner Bros. release plan, but he’s happy you can watch ‘Tenet’ at home now
Director Christopher Nolan’s latest movie, “Tenet,” was released on DVD today. (Emily Berl for The Washington Pot)
By
Geoff Edgers
Dec. 15, 2020 at 7:00 a.m. EST

imrs.php

There may be no stranger time to make big movies. And nobody makes them bigger than writer-director Christopher Nolan.

His films (“Interstellar,” “Inception,” “Memento”) twist time and space and the conventions of traditional cinema. They also bend budgets, with his latest, “Tenet,” rolling in at $205 million. Which might be part of why so much of the film’s release — both in theaters in September and on DVD on Dec. 15 — has been centered on the tenuous state of an industry crushed by covid-19 shutdowns.

Nolan’s plan for the digital rollout of “Tenet” was to talk mainly about the home release of his 11th film. But instead, he finds himself blasting his own studio, Warner Bros., for its decision to kick its entire slate of 2021 films to HBO Max. This isn’t about money, he says. Nolan believes the studio is not only making a business mistake in shifting “Dune,” “Matrix X” and 15 other films to the streaming service. It is betraying the filmmakers.
AD

“It’s about what the French call droit moral,” he says in a recent interview from his home in Los Angeles. “Do they own it absolutely, because they paid for it or they financed it? And that is not a purely legalistic question; it’s a question of ethics as well. It’s a question of partnership and collaboration. They did not speak to those filmmakers. They did not consult them about what their plans were for their work. And I felt that somebody needed to point out that that wasn’t the right way to treat those filmmakers.”

He declined to say how the HBO Max decision will impact his long-term relationship with Warner Bros., which declined to comment for this story. In a wide-ranging discussion, he talked about the making of “Tenet,” a mind-bending take on the James Bond films that stars John David Washington, Robert Pattinson, Elizabeth Debicki and Kenneth Branagh, as well as his writing process, philosophy on moviemaking, and “The Nolan Variations: The Movies, Mysteries and Marvels of Christopher Nolan.” Tom Shone’s just-published book walks Nolan through his catalogue, offering both a technical window into the work and an analysis of how Nolan’s life connects to his films.

(The following interview has been edited for clarity and condensed.)

Elizabeth Debicki, left, and John David Washington in a scene from ”Tenet.” (Melinda Sue Gordon/Warner Bros. Entertainment via AP)

Q: I don't think people understand, because of how much discussion took place about the theatrical release, that in some ways this is the real release of "Tenet" in the United States. Back in September, hardly any theaters here were actually open for business.
AD

A: With all of the adversity in the world for 2020 affecting people in all kinds of horrendous ways, we were very lucky, very privileged to be able to release the film in parts of the world that managed the virus with appropriate response and then figuring out ways to safely reopen theaters. And the film did what it did with $300 million in those markets, and counting. Which sends a very positive message about the future of exhibition for when things can reopen safely and all the rest. In the United States, we were never able to release the film properly. I say “here” because I’m sitting in Los Angeles, and obviously to not open in your hometown and not be able to market the film because the studio was obviously hoping that Los Angeles and New York would open if the virus receded, which obviously has not happened, did not happen. The reality is, there’s people in the world with real problems. This is a pretty trivial concern about the release of film. But delving more into it, I’m a kid of the home video generation. And so we’ve all, and myself in particular, spent many years working with the studios on technical strategies of how to maximize image and sound quality for presentation, how we get it out there in that form and everything. And the short version of it is, I’m just super excited for people in America, in L.A. and New York in particular, to be able to see the movie.

Q: As I understand it, the idea for "Tenet" emerged 10 years ago?

A: The germ of the idea, the initial image being this idea of the bullet being sucked out of the wall into the barrel of a gun. That’s something I’ve had rattling around for about, gosh, 25 years. I used it in “Memento” in a metaphorical way, a symbolic way to explain . . . to sort of suggest the structure of the script beginning. But I’d always harbored an ambition to construct a story where the characters would deal with that as a physical reality. So, over the years, it’s sort of progressed in dribs and drabs and baby steps forwards, and eventually I realized that the spy genre, the big sort of globe-trotting espionage thriller, was the way I wanted to deal with that.

Tha Great Muta

Rising Star
Platinum Member

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Stop being a bitch and release it on hbo max... let This saga begin in peoples personal space.. it was you dune that was there when I needed you when the world was full of chaos... let it be a cure for chaos.. release it on max to entertain the masses..this is bigger than money

just like big biz been manipulating the masses I just manipulated big biz to release it for free so I can see on some streaming site and they don’t even know it

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
From what I hear it's getting savaged in reviews. Not at all surprising to me. Give it a day or two it'll be everywhere.

I don't realize it was THAT bad I heard a FEW bad reviews I posted a few...

but I heard some really positive ones too.

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor

I haven't heard any good reviews. I tend to throw out the hyper good and bad reviews and the obvious shills. But to each his own and I guess people will make up their own minds. My feelings about gadot's "acting" are well known so I can't conceive any picture revolving around her is going to be good.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I haven't heard any good reviews. I tend to throw out the hyper good and bad reviews and the obvious shills. But to each his own and I guess people will make up their own minds. My feelings about gadot's "acting" are well known so I can't conceive any picture revolving around her is going to be good.

Honestly?

I got no dog in the fight

its a superhero movie I would had to have spent over a $200 to have my oldest and all her friends go see it

But now they having a zoom watch party.

So its one of the best movie's of the year off gp

knightmelodic

BGOL Investor
Honestly?

I got no dog in the fight

its a superhero movie I would had to have spent over a $200 to have my oldest and all her friends go see it

But now they having a zoom watch party.

So its one of the best movie's of the year off gp

Well, judging by those standards it's a win. lol.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Warner Bros. Hopes to Drive You Back to Theaters With Furiosa, Color Purple in 2023
By Halle Kiefer@hallekiefer
Photo: Warner Bros. Pictures

b8458d4956ec830be08b8c24a79e9599c8-23-Mad-Max-Sequel.rsquare.w330.jpg

Warner Bros. might be simultaneously debuting their theatrical releases on HBO Max next year, but come 2023, they expect you to be hurtling toward theaters in a dystopian war rig, an Acme-branded rocket, or, well, whatever vehicle they drive in The Color Purple. Presumably a normal car? Anyway, according to Deadline, the studio has reportedly scheduled three releases to debut exclusively in theaters for the year after the year after next: Furiosa, Coyote vs. Acme, and The Color Purple.

Director George Miller’s Mad Max: Fury Road prequel about Charlize Theron’s Imperator Furiosa, to be played here by Anya Taylor-Joy, is speeding across the sands of time to become a future tentpole on June 23, 2023. Dave Green’s Coyote vs. Acme, based on the Looney Tunes character’s “age-old rivalry” with the company that makes the explosively faulty gadgets he uses against the Roadrunner, will premiere on July 21, 2023, while The Color Purple movie musical, directed by Black Is King’s Blitz Bazawule, will be waiting for you under the tree on December 20, 2023. So, that’s three filmmakers reassured about the future of movie theaters, dozens to go…

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
From what I hear it's getting savaged in reviews. Not at all surprising to me. Give it a day or two it'll be everywhere.

The 1st wasnt good, it was just the 1st major woman hero movie with American being in the mist of a women's movement. Not shocking that the 2nd one is getting bad reviews. I feel as though WB knows the majority of movies they were releasing wasn't going to be good. Might as well put them on streaming asap......

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
The 1st wasnt good, it was just the 1st major woman hero movie with American being in the mist of a women's movement. Not shocking that the 2nd one is getting bad reviews. I feel as though WB knows the majority of movies they were releasing wasn't going to be good. Might as well put them on streaming asap......

I honestly hadn't seen all these bad reviews until recently

but to be real?

I guess my oldest and her friends are the target demographic...

cause they were GOING to see this PERIOD

no matter WHAT the reviews said.

they already got viewing parties set up

and honestly not until just recently realized something

I NEVER really finished watching the first one.

I have no idea how that happened.

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I honestly hadn't seen all these bad reviews until recently

but to be real?

I guess my oldest and her friends are the target demographic...

cause they were GOING to see this PERIOD

no matter WHAT the reviews said.

they already got viewing parties set up

and honestly not until just recently realized something

I NEVER really finished watching the first one.

I have no idea how that happened.
I didn't finish it either but it was like all other DC movies to me. Ok to blah to bad...

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Lynda Carter's Wonder Woman series drops on HBO Max ahead of new movie premiere

PSA: You can now watch the original Wonder Woman series on HBO Max.
By Nick Romano
December 23, 2020 at 10:46 AM EST

Share:Warner Bros. to Release Every 2021 Movie on HBO Max at Same Time
Direct Link

Wonder Woman
TYPE
  • Movie
Before you experience Wonder Woman 1984, relive the adventures of the original Amazon.

The Wonder Woman series from the 1970s, starring Lynda Carter as Diana Prince, is now available to watch on HBO Max, which will soon play host to the new movie starting Christmas Day.

The show ran for three seasons from 1975-1979 and also featured actor Lyle Waggoner as Steve Trevor. The first season was originally dubbed The New, Original Wonder Woman, while the subsequent seasons were under the banner of The New Adventures of Wonder Woman. For the DVD and VHS release, the show was released simply as Wonder Woman.

In addition to the first live-action Wonder Woman movie, HBO Max also has the animated film from 2009, featuring The Americans' Keri Russell as Diana.

Carter has been a supporter of the new big-screen era of Wonder Woman by way of actress Gal Gadot. She previously said she tried for a cameo in the first movie but "couldn't make it work" with scheduling. Carter further teased a possible cameo in the sequel. "It really is up to Patty, and if it works in an organic way it’ll be great fun and it’ll be wonderful to do," she said.
Wonder Woman 1984 returns Gadot and Chris Pine (as Steve Trevor) opposite Kristen Wiig as Barbara Minerva (a.k.a. Cheetah) and Pedro Pascal as Maxwell Lord. The film will be released simultaneously on HBO Max and in theaters this Friday.

knightmelodic

BGOL Investor

Thank you. I've been saying this from day one. I keep wondering what movie people were watching; I thought the first one was mediocre at best. And it was painful watching Chris Pine (not the greatest thespian by any stretch) struggle to prop up gadot. She is a terrible actress. You can see the entire cast carrying her. Not to mention, when I was watching the movie I kept thinking, 'I've seen this movie before: only then it was called Captain America: The First Avenger.'
But as you said, it rode the tide of womans' whatever and any picture that makes money will surely get a sequel.

knightmelodic

BGOL Investor
Warner Bros. Hopes to Drive You Back to Theaters With Furiosa, Color Purple in 2023
By Halle Kiefer@hallekiefer
Photo: Warner Bros. Pictures

b8458d4956ec830be08b8c24a79e9599c8-23-Mad-Max-Sequel.rsquare.w330.jpg

Warner Bros. might be simultaneously debuting their theatrical releases on HBO Max next year, but come 2023, they expect you to be hurtling toward theaters in a dystopian war rig, an Acme-branded rocket, or, well, whatever vehicle they drive in The Color Purple. Presumably a normal car? Anyway, according to Deadline, the studio has reportedly scheduled three releases to debut exclusively in theaters for the year after the year after next: Furiosa, Coyote vs. Acme, and The Color Purple.

Director George Miller’s Mad Max: Fury Road prequel about Charlize Theron’s Imperator Furiosa, to be played here by Anya Taylor-Joy, is speeding across the sands of time to become a future tentpole on June 23, 2023. Dave Green’s Coyote vs. Acme, based on the Looney Tunes character’s “age-old rivalry” with the company that makes the explosively faulty gadgets he uses against the Roadrunner, will premiere on July 21, 2023, while The Color Purple movie musical, directed by Black Is King’s Blitz Bazawule, will be waiting for you under the tree on December 20, 2023. So, that’s three filmmakers reassured about the future of movie theaters, dozens to go…

I like Charlize. I think she's a good actress that can be very good at times. The Color Purple? Not sure how I feel about that. Of course, nothing can top the book. I think that may be the best book I've ever read.

knightmelodic

BGOL Investor
Lynda Carter's Wonder Woman series drops on HBO Max ahead of new movie premiere

PSA: You can now watch the original Wonder Woman series on HBO Max.
By Nick Romano
December 23, 2020 at 10:46 AM EST

Share:Warner Bros. to Release Every 2021 Movie on HBO Max at Same Time
Direct Link

Wonder Woman
TYPE
  • Movie
Before you experience Wonder Woman 1984, relive the adventures of the original Amazon.

The Wonder Woman series from the 1970s, starring Lynda Carter as Diana Prince, is now available to watch on HBO Max, which will soon play host to the new movie starting Christmas Day.

The show ran for three seasons from 1975-1979 and also featured actor Lyle Waggoner as Steve Trevor. The first season was originally dubbed The New, Original Wonder Woman, while the subsequent seasons were under the banner of The New Adventures of Wonder Woman. For the DVD and VHS release, the show was released simply as Wonder Woman.

In addition to the first live-action Wonder Woman movie, HBO Max also has the animated film from 2009, featuring The Americans' Keri Russell as Diana.

Carter has been a supporter of the new big-screen era of Wonder Woman by way of actress Gal Gadot. She previously said she tried for a cameo in the first movie but "couldn't make it work" with scheduling. Carter further teased a possible cameo in the sequel. "It really is up to Patty, and if it works in an organic way it’ll be great fun and it’ll be wonderful to do," she said.
Wonder Woman 1984 returns Gadot and Chris Pine (as Steve Trevor) opposite Kristen Wiig as Barbara Minerva (a.k.a. Cheetah) and Pedro Pascal as Maxwell Lord. The film will be released simultaneously on HBO Max and in theaters this Friday.

Just give us the scenes where she's in that swimming catsuit.

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
i thought this dude was done?
Nope he still posts on there every now and again..and every time he does the ppl in the comments clown him about the sexual assault allegations/Twitter stalking :lol: (read his posts about Rosario Dawson on The Mandalorian,and his review of that godawful Birds Of Prey)

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member
Thank you. I've been saying this from day one. I keep wondering what movie people were watching; I thought the first one was mediocre at best. And it was painful watching Chris Pine (not the greatest thespian by any stretch) struggle to prop up gadot. She is a terrible actress. You can see the entire cast carrying her. Not to mention, when I was watching the movie I kept thinking, 'I've seen this movie before: only then it was called Captain America: The First Avenger.'
But as you said, it rode the tide of womans' whatever and any picture that makes money will surely get a sequel.

The first two acts of the first movie were good. The last act killed the movie.

knightmelodic

BGOL Investor
The first two acts of the first movie were good. The last act killed the movie.

Bro, anything with gadot in it was bad. Bad. You could see the other actors acting down to her lack of talent. And as I said earlier, we're not talking about The Royal Shakespeare Company here. And the origin story was preposterous. Okay, most origin stories are but the way it was done was insulting to anyone above two years old.

I've got WW84 on deck and I swear I'm doing my best to go in with an open mind, so we'll see.