NBA Season is Returning This Year!!!!!!!

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Gasol is done, he got a contract because he a big white dude. Gasol and Trez aren't an upgrade over Javelle an Howard to me. Hell, Howard did good as hell against the joker and it was a lot of times that he ran down the middle an sealed and did not get the pass, which would've been an easy 2 pts. Lakers should've kept Rondo an Howard.

An why did they resign the morris cat who thru the ball away in the finals :hmm:

Morris cat only mess up was that one time.
They knew Rondo was gone, just off the money fuck he sign for 2.6(I think) last summer, he got 7 million
They wanted Dwight, apparently they was trying to figuring out a way to keep Dwight. He bounced before they could work out the money.
Marc should be able to play solid defense on the other team center, especially the dude in Denver and Nukric in Portland

Entrepronegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The Lakers retooled with a better team than they had last season. They should repeat. I can see Sixers vs. Lakers finals. Doc got a good team on his hands in Philly he should do good in the East.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Dwight Howard prepared to do 'whatever' 76ers ask for chance to win title in Philly
play

5:58 PM ET
  • Tim BontempsESPN
Fresh off winning his first NBA title with the Los Angeles Lakers, Dwight Howard said Wednesday that he's willing to do whatever he's asked in order to win another with his new team, the Philadelphia 76ers.
"Winning the championship was everything, and it made me realize I could have the best stats in the world and it don't mean nothing," Howard said in his introductory video call after signing a one-year deal for the minimum with Philadelphia in free agency. "Because here it was, I won a championship and there was games where I didn't score a bucket, or get a field goal, or get minutes in a game. What really matters is just holding up that trophy.

ADVERTISEMENT

"That would be my message to everybody on the team: What are you willing to give up to get that trophy? Sometimes you got to give up everything. Sometimes your role and what's required of you [is] to give up the things you want to do the most. For me, I would have loved to be the guy to score all the points and rebounds, but my team needed me for a specific purpose, and that was to provide the spirit and energy on and off the court.
"I think I did a pretty good job at it, and whatever this team asks me to do, I'm willing to do it."
EDITOR'S PICKS
After trading Al Horford to the Oklahoma City Thunder on draft night to better balance the roster, Sixers president of basketball operations Daryl Morey said that he would have coach Doc Rivers try to sell the best candidates available in free agency to come to Philadelphia and back up the team's star center, Joel Embiid.
According to Howard, Rivers did exactly that, calling Howard shortly after free agency began at 6 p.m. ET Friday and telling him the Sixers wanted to sign him.
Howard, who turns 35 next month, said that ultimately was what pushed him to join the team.
"The reason why I was super locked in on being here in Philly is that Doc was the only coach that called me during this free-agency process," Howard said. "He was the first one to call me and he said we want you. We want you on our team. And then Daryl called. I said this is where I need to be right now. This is where my journey is calling me. To Philly. I'm super happy that Doc called me, that he gave me the opportunity, and I told him yes. I told him I would come."
Howard's Hall of Fame career has taken a circuitous route over the past several seasons, as he went from playing for the Orlando Magic for the first eight seasons of his career to playing for six teams -- the Lakers, Houston Rockets, Atlanta Hawks, Charlotte Hornets, Washington Wizards and then the Lakers again -- over the past eight seasons.
Now he's off to Philadelphia, where he will play behind Embiid -- who has arguably taken over the mantle long held by Howard as the NBA's best center. And between the combination of Embiid and Ben Simmons, plus the talent that surrounds them, Howard said he is hopeful that he can be part of a second consecutive championship-winning team this season.
"There's a lot of things," Howard said when asked why he thinks the Sixers can win a title. "You have two great young stars in Ben Simmons and Joel Embiid, I'm going to start there. Those guys, to me I watched when Joel lost [to the Toronto Raptors in the Eastern Conference semifinals in 2019] and how bad it hurt, he just cried, and I know what that feels like. I've been in that moment before where it's like, 'Man, I gave everything I had. I put it all on the line and I came up short.' It doesn't sit well with you, it stays with you for a really long time. So with him I know he has a fire inside of him, and we've all seen glimpses of it all year, and I think this is the year where it's about being focused. I see focus in him, I see focus in Ben, and that's where it starts with our two best players.
"Then you look at the rest of the guys on our team, they've all been hungry, they just never knew how to win. And I think by adding a guy like Danny Green and myself, we just fresh off of winning a championship, and I think we all know what it takes to really get to the next level. And I think this is a really great opportunity. You have a coach always talking about winning, how important it is to win, and you have some players who just want it. I think this year with the focus this team will have and the drive that we have to be successful, this will be our year."
Howard, who was eating a lunch of baked chicken, sweet potato fries and corn during his video call, was also asked specifically about Embiid's personality, and if it's possible to be lighthearted -- as Howard also was early in his career -- and win at the highest level.
He pushed back strongly on the point, saying that he thinks Embiid puts in the requisite work, and that it doesn't matter what his critics say.

"I don't see what he's doing as being goofy," Howard said. "He puts in the work. I think people, they twist things around when they see people laughing and joking and having a good time and they say they're not serious, or they're not focused enough. It's just a time and a place for everything.
"I think the things Joel does is great. It makes other opponents upset, it keeps him locked in and the team plays better. Now will there be times when we all have to be a little bit more serious? Yes. And that's something we'll all have to learn together. How to be in certain situations. But I don't think that's a part of sacrifice. I think that's a part of just understanding time and place.
"And I think that will be good for me to help show some of the younger guys because I have been in that position before where people thought I wasn't focused or that I was playing too much. Maybe for the people on the outside it did look like I was playing around too much. So it's just finding ways to do things right for the team, and I think we'll do that this year."

Simply Sickenin'

Valar Morghulis ....
BGOL Investor

Dwight Howard prepared to do 'whatever' 76ers ask for chance to win title in Philly
play

5:58 PM ET
  • Tim BontempsESPN

Fresh off winning his first NBA title with the Los Angeles Lakers, Dwight Howard said Wednesday that he's willing to do whatever he's asked in order to win another with his new team, the Philadelphia 76ers.
"Winning the championship was everything, and it made me realize I could have the best stats in the world and it don't mean nothing," Howard said in his introductory video call after signing a one-year deal for the minimum with Philadelphia in free agency. "Because here it was, I won a championship and there was games where I didn't score a bucket, or get a field goal, or get minutes in a game. What really matters is just holding up that trophy.

ADVERTISEMENT

"That would be my message to everybody on the team: What are you willing to give up to get that trophy? Sometimes you got to give up everything. Sometimes your role and what's required of you [is] to give up the things you want to do the most. For me, I would have loved to be the guy to score all the points and rebounds, but my team needed me for a specific purpose, and that was to provide the spirit and energy on and off the court.
"I think I did a pretty good job at it, and whatever this team asks me to do, I'm willing to do it."
EDITOR'S PICKS
After trading Al Horford to the Oklahoma City Thunder on draft night to better balance the roster, Sixers president of basketball operations Daryl Morey said that he would have coach Doc Rivers try to sell the best candidates available in free agency to come to Philadelphia and back up the team's star center, Joel Embiid.
According to Howard, Rivers did exactly that, calling Howard shortly after free agency began at 6 p.m. ET Friday and telling him the Sixers wanted to sign him.
Howard, who turns 35 next month, said that ultimately was what pushed him to join the team.
"The reason why I was super locked in on being here in Philly is that Doc was the only coach that called me during this free-agency process," Howard said. "He was the first one to call me and he said we want you. We want you on our team. And then Daryl called. I said this is where I need to be right now. This is where my journey is calling me. To Philly. I'm super happy that Doc called me, that he gave me the opportunity, and I told him yes. I told him I would come."
Howard's Hall of Fame career has taken a circuitous route over the past several seasons, as he went from playing for the Orlando Magic for the first eight seasons of his career to playing for six teams -- the Lakers, Houston Rockets, Atlanta Hawks, Charlotte Hornets, Washington Wizards and then the Lakers again -- over the past eight seasons.
Now he's off to Philadelphia, where he will play behind Embiid -- who has arguably taken over the mantle long held by Howard as the NBA's best center. And between the combination of Embiid and Ben Simmons, plus the talent that surrounds them, Howard said he is hopeful that he can be part of a second consecutive championship-winning team this season.
"There's a lot of things," Howard said when asked why he thinks the Sixers can win a title. "You have two great young stars in Ben Simmons and Joel Embiid, I'm going to start there. Those guys, to me I watched when Joel lost [to the Toronto Raptors in the Eastern Conference semifinals in 2019] and how bad it hurt, he just cried, and I know what that feels like. I've been in that moment before where it's like, 'Man, I gave everything I had. I put it all on the line and I came up short.' It doesn't sit well with you, it stays with you for a really long time. So with him I know he has a fire inside of him, and we've all seen glimpses of it all year, and I think this is the year where it's about being focused. I see focus in him, I see focus in Ben, and that's where it starts with our two best players.
"Then you look at the rest of the guys on our team, they've all been hungry, they just never knew how to win. And I think by adding a guy like Danny Green and myself, we just fresh off of winning a championship, and I think we all know what it takes to really get to the next level. And I think this is a really great opportunity. You have a coach always talking about winning, how important it is to win, and you have some players who just want it. I think this year with the focus this team will have and the drive that we have to be successful, this will be our year."
Howard, who was eating a lunch of baked chicken, sweet potato fries and corn during his video call, was also asked specifically about Embiid's personality, and if it's possible to be lighthearted -- as Howard also was early in his career -- and win at the highest level.
He pushed back strongly on the point, saying that he thinks Embiid puts in the requisite work, and that it doesn't matter what his critics say.

"I don't see what he's doing as being goofy," Howard said. "He puts in the work. I think people, they twist things around when they see people laughing and joking and having a good time and they say they're not serious, or they're not focused enough. It's just a time and a place for everything.
"I think the things Joel does is great. It makes other opponents upset, it keeps him locked in and the team plays better. Now will there be times when we all have to be a little bit more serious? Yes. And that's something we'll all have to learn together. How to be in certain situations. But I don't think that's a part of sacrifice. I think that's a part of just understanding time and place.
"And I think that will be good for me to help show some of the younger guys because I have been in that position before where people thought I wasn't focused or that I was playing too much. Maybe for the people on the outside it did look like I was playing around too much. So it's just finding ways to do things right for the team, and I think we'll do that this year."
That all sounds lovely but I'm not getting my hopes up yet. I'm still confused about what our team identity is going to be next season. I'm not sure what Doc is gonna bring to the table. And more than all the rest, I'm still questioning Joel's true desires.

Embiid comes across as a guy who'd be content never winning a title as long as he doesn't lose any IG followers and gets a ESPN top play shout out.

Lower9Nupe

Rising Star
Registered
Doesn't matter what team he join, it doesn't change his impact on the game. And yes he join the best team and they got tremendously better because of him. They were great before him. They became historically great because of him. They became unbeatable because of him. So again all that rhetoric doesnt change anything about KD legacy....

KD's legacy is intact. Had anyone been able to fuck with him maybe then we could say something but the fact is he took all the risk to play with a better team and actually GOT better which wasn't an easy feat. The only people upset are the folks who watched him feed the better players in the NBA dicks come game time. For YEAR folks looked at Russell and was like how come KD can't win with Russ? For fuckin' YEARS. When he finally had enough of OKC and Russ there were hordes of pussy muthafuckas who thought his NEW goal should be going to the bottom of NBA and start building while his ONLY competition was handpicking muthafuckas and using his personal sports agent organization to recruit. KD did the right thing.

The only difference between he and LeBron is LeBron wants to win all the time. KD is mental. (lol)

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
That all sounds lovely but I'm not getting my hopes up yet. I'm still confused about what our team identity is going to be next season. I'm not sure what Doc is gonna bring to the table. And more than all the rest, I'm still questioning Joel's true desires.

Embiid comes across as a guy who'd be content never winning a title as long as he doesn't lose any IG followers and gets a ESPN top play shout out.

I heard from Ramona that the lakers decided to move on because he started turning back to the old dwight after the ring...

As much as i think he was a reliable weapon

Nobody wants the old dwight creeping up from behind.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I heard from Ramona that the lakers decided to move on because he started turning back to the old dwight after the ring...

How’d he turn back to the old Dwight and they didn’t even have a practice or game after winning the ring?

They didn’t like that nigga on the team bus or plane?

giphy.gif

D'Evils

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

How’d he turn back to the old Dwight and they didn’t even have a practice or game after winning the ring?

giphy.gif

Probably doing shit like this on the bus and plane...

AllUniverse17

Rising Star
Registered
KD's legacy is intact. Had anyone been able to fuck with him maybe then we could say something but the fact is he took all the risk to play with a better team and actually GOT better which wasn't an easy feat. The only people upset are the folks who watched him feed the better players in the NBA dicks come game time. For YEAR folks looked at Russell and was like how come KD can't win with Russ? For fuckin' YEARS. When he finally had enough of OKC and Russ there were hordes of pussy muthafuckas who thought his NEW goal should be going to the bottom of NBA and start building while his ONLY competition was handpicking muthafuckas and using his personal sports agent organization to recruit. KD did the right thing.

The only difference between he and LeBron is LeBron wants to win all the time. KD is mental. (lol)

1. KD took no risk.

2. KD's legacy is incomplete at this moment. He's gotta lead his own team. Come on you know that.

M.H.C.

BGOL Investor
Yeah but what Jokic gonna do? Go off for 50? Let him get his....where Jokic becomes deadly is when he's scoring and getting others involved as well.

I understand your point but there ARE big men that can be big nightmares for LA in the playoffs. Lakers went and picked up Montrez who will get bodied once again. Then once they realize that the Lakers have no interior D, they collapse and leave the shooters open. Strategy is fucking simple and the fact that teams(including my Nuggets) don't do it makes me question coaching and basketball IQ.

If ya boy KP realize he's 7'3 and get in that post he can give LA fits as well.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I understand your point but there ARE big men that can be big nightmares for LA in the playoffs. Lakers went and picked up Montrez who will get bodied once again. Then once they realize that the Lakers have no interior D, they collapse and leave the shooters open. Strategy is fucking simple and the fact that teams(including my Nuggets) don't do it makes me question coaching and basketball IQ.

If ya boy KP realize he's 7'3 and get in that post he can give LA fits as well.
Yeah and the same came be said of Lebron and AD. That's why I wouldn't trip if I Was a Laker fan. Any advantage a opposing team may have its not going to overmatch the advantage the Lakers have.

Lower9Nupe

Rising Star
Registered
1. KD took no risk.

2. KD's legacy is incomplete at this moment. He's gotta lead his own team. Come on you know that.

Taking 1-year contracts when you're a MAX player is the ULTIMATE risk. Your other point is shakey:
1) There are HOF players who have not won a championship. Their legacies are complete and intact without the ring. KD's legacy was intact BEFORE he went to GS. How many years had he played? Was he or was he not an HOF player?

2) The word "own" is about as subjective as it gets. Using that logic, I could easily say LeBron had his OWN team while he was getting fucked up and fucked over in Cleveland but I'm on record saying I don't count that shit. Cleveland was shitty. I could also say LeBron had his OWN team but needed other motherfuckers LITERALLY (Allen and Irving) to hit THE SHOTS that ultimately solidified his win and added to HIS LEGACY. You won't but I could.

My hurdles are a LOT higher but also realistic. For example. I thought Floyd Mayweather was an HOF fighter long before he even fought at welterweight. Bonds was a HOF player before the home run title. Simply put, the way YOU define "legacies" doesn't fit mine.

Why only LeBron fans think there's something wrong with KD's legacy is disturbingly weird. I saw the one on one play. Cleveland wasn't shit with or without LeBron when they confronted Golden State and THAT was because of KD. GS was pretty good but KD made them unbeatable in a seven game series. What you should be doing is THANKING KD for leaving Golden State and the Injury Gods for clipping his ass. Had those things not happened he was RETIRING all those muthafuckas the way Jordan did Reggie, Pat, Malone, Payton, etc.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

giphy.gif

He gave an interview after the finals talking slick ALREADY they decided to cut bait.

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
I think Dwight was saying he wasn’t playing for free anymore and he wanted a bigger roll

Lower9Nupe

Rising Star
Registered
I think Dwight was saying he wasn’t playing for free anymore and he wanted a bigger roll

Dwight's an idiot. Playing for organizations who simply need any 7 foot player to fill a void versus an actual center isn't going to get you where you'd like to be. The Lakers had a surplus of 7 footers and this dumb ass went to the Lakers running a system literally built around ONE player versus going a team with a system. He'll be out of the NBA in a few years.

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm looking at REGULAR SEASON AND PLAYOFFS....we excluded regular season now lol?

And you don't have to post the numbers fact is they won 73 games without him. Of course they got better without him they replaced Harrison Barnes with Kevin Durant....why the hell wouldn't they get better? They didn't need him to win a ring though is my argument. He proved he couldn't beat them and they took him not to the Finals and got him rings not the other way around lol.

I like how we completely ignore what he did in OKC though lol......I guess his legacy wasn't around then lol.
Yes I completely ignored what he did in OKC because I dont care lol. That wasnt the point nor the point I was making. The point centered around him making GS better; which you were saying he didnt make them that much better. Now you changing it to GS didnt need him or didnt need him to win a ring; thats neither here nor there; and again nor did I say they did or didnt need him; I dont care what happens in the regular season, nor do great teams and players. They know the playoffs is what matters. Thats why teams who win the chip sometimes dont have the best regular season record. Ask GS what the regular season means to them after they won 73 and lost in 7 to the Cavs. So they win 73 and lose to Cavs in 7; we can debate why they lost at another time. But they add KD, and beat that same Cavs team 4-1; same team that lost to the year before; and that Cavs team beat everyone in the east and only loss 1 game that year; everyone was hyping up that Cavs team to; oh such a great offensive Cavs team because of what they did to the east, in the playoffs that year; they were 12-1 before the finals; Got beat 4-1; Got manhandled lol; Also that year GS lost 1 game in the playoffs; 1 fucking game in the entire playoffs; 16-1!!! only team to do that in this playoff format; no other team in NBA history to do that; oh then they come back and swept that same Cavs team the following year; 8-1 against arguably the greatest player in NBA history after they added KD; 8-1 when it mattered; So yes they were significantly better with KD: and KD numbers well lets see; 2017 when they went 16-1, he average 35points, 8 rebounds, 5 asst, 1 block, 1 steal on shooting 56 fg%, 47% from 3, 92% ft; WOW!!!! oh and those numbers are against arguably the best NBA player; followed that up with 29pts, 11rbs, 8asst, 1bl, 2stl, on 53, 41, 96 shooting against that same player lol lol; WOW!! double WOW!! You are right there is no need to post numbers because it will make you look even more foolish; Like I said before, KD legacy is more than fine.......

AllUniverse17

Rising Star
Registered
Taking 1-year contracts when you're a MAX player is the ULTIMATE risk. Your other point is shakey:
1) There are HOF players who have not won a championship. Their legacies are complete and intact without the ring. KD's legacy was intact BEFORE he went to GS. How many years had he played? Was he or was he not an HOF player?

2) The word "own" is about as subjective as it gets. Using that logic, I could easily say LeBron had his OWN team while he was getting fucked up and fucked over in Cleveland but I'm on record saying I don't count that shit. Cleveland was shitty. I could also say LeBron had his OWN team but needed other motherfuckers LITERALLY (Allen and Irving) to hit THE SHOTS that ultimately solidified his win and added to HIS LEGACY. You won't but I could.

My hurdles are a LOT higher but also realistic. For example. I thought Floyd Mayweather was an HOF fighter long before he even fought at welterweight. Bonds was a HOF player before the home run title. Simply put, the way YOU define "legacies" doesn't fit mine.

Why only LeBron fans think there's something wrong with KD's legacy is disturbingly weird. I saw the one on one play. Cleveland wasn't shit with or without LeBron when they confronted Golden State and THAT was because of KD. GS was pretty good but KD made them unbeatable in a seven game series. What you should be doing is THANKING KD for leaving Golden State and the Injury Gods for clipping his ass. Had those things not happened he was RETIRING all those muthafuckas the way Jordan did Reggie, Pat, Malone, Payton, etc.

KD's legacy is incomplete because he could go to several other levels.

HoF aint shit in the NBA.

What is he supposed to be happy to be in the same category as Chris Webber?

No, KD was built for better. We all see it. Its up to him to reach it.

Lebron's been the face of the NBA for 20 years. KD had that kind of potential.

Kemo07

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
KD's legacy is incomplete because he could go to several other levels.

HoF aint shit in the NBA.

What is he supposed to be happy to be in the same category as Chris Webber?

No, KD was built for better. We all see it. Its up to him to reach it.

Lebron's been the face of the NBA for 20 years. KD had that kind of potential.
Lebron was set up perfectly to be the face of the NBA prior to getting drafted.

You wildly downplaying being in the HOF in the NBA too lol

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yes I completely ignored what he did in OKC because I dont care lol. That wasnt the point nor the point I was making. The point centered around him making GS better; which you were saying he didnt make them that much better. Now you changing it to GS didnt need him or didnt need him to win a ring; thats neither here nor there; and again nor did I say they did or didnt need him; I dont care what happens in the regular season, nor do great teams and players. They know the playoffs is what matters. Thats why teams who win the chip sometimes dont have the best regular season record. Ask GS what the regular season means to them after they won 73 and lost in 7 to the Cavs. So they win 73 and lose to Cavs in 7; we can debate why they lost at another time. But they add KD, and beat that same Cavs team 4-1; same team that lost to the year before; and that Cavs team beat everyone in the east and only loss 1 game that year; everyone was hyping up that Cavs team to; oh such a great offensive Cavs team because of what they did to the east, in the playoffs that year; they were 12-1 before the finals; Got beat 4-1; Got manhandled lol; Also that year GS lost 1 game in the playoffs; 1 fucking game in the entire playoffs; 16-1!!! only team to do that in this playoff format; no other team in NBA history to do that; oh then they come back and swept that same Cavs team the following year; 8-1 against arguably the greatest player in NBA history after they added KD; 8-1 when it mattered; So yes they were significantly better with KD: and KD numbers well lets see; 2017 when they went 16-1, he average 35points, 8 rebounds, 5 asst, 1 block, 1 steal on shooting 56 fg%, 47% from 3, 92% ft; WOW!!!! oh and those numbers are against arguably the best NBA player; followed that up with 29pts, 11rbs, 8asst, 1bl, 2stl, on 53, 41, 96 shooting against that same player lol lol; WOW!! double WOW!! You are right there is no need to post numbers because it will make you look even more foolish; Like I said before, KD legacy is more than fine.......

I ain't reading all that shit just for you to talk about KD's legacy. We'll just agree to disagree man I ain't reading that shit about no funky ass legacy. He couldn't' get a ring until he join a team he couldn't beat. That's hie legacy. Take it or leave it fan fodder or not.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I didn't even entertain that shit....the fuck he mean HOF don't mean shit man people be saying some wild shit on here. :lol:

AllUniverse17

Rising Star
Registered

Man im really not.

Everybody gets in.

Either way, i think we can agree that theres levels to this shit. Being in the hall aint enough for KD.

Last edited: