NBA Season is Returning This Year!!!!!!!

Simply Sickenin'

Valar Morghulis ....
BGOL Investor
Knicks haven't been a desirable destination in forever. Last big name who wanted to go to NY was Melo and you saw how they ultimately treated him
The Knicks are in the same boat the Clippers were in with Sterling. Until the ownership changes hands serious players won't consider it a desirable location.

The best thing that could happen in New York is TMZ getting a hold of a tape of Dolan sexually harassing a employee or dropping a couple N bombs. And I mean, just look at old grumpy CAC
james-dolan.jpg

There is NO way he hasn't said the N word at least once. TMZ fucking up.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The Knicks are in the same boat the Clippers were in with Sterling. Until the ownership changes hands serious players won't consider it a desirable location.

The best thing that could happen in New York is TMZ getting a hold of a tape of Dolan sexually harassing a employee or dropping a couple N bombs. And I mean, just look at old grumpy CAC
james-dolan.jpg

There is NO way he hasn't said the N word at least once. TMZ fucking up.
Yeah soon as they get rid of him you will see the Knicks come back....but in a league where all the superstars are friends and shit? They know not to go there.

chemist

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I mean he tricked Sixers into giving him a first rounder and Jayson Tatum for Markell Fultz lol.

Very true. He's great at hustling teams for draft picks but what about landing the key free agent that wants to stay and be successful in Boston. They had the capital to land AD but didn't pull the trigger. Ainge & Stevens get tons of credit but face virtually no criticism. When are they gonna start being held accountable for lack of playoff success.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
Damn non guaranteed,. Boogie might need to just hang it up Man I wish the Lakers would have signed him, as I want him to get a ring and hang it up.

I'm good with what we have

Cousins is slow as shit now and will be a defensive liability, even more than he was before

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
I'm good with what we have

Cousins is slow as shit now and will be a defensive liability, even more than he was before
I would’ve like him to back up Marc. That size and length was hell for teams last year... this year they probably be hell on offense to guard

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Man I’m sitting here wondering why I’m uptight about not getting Boogie...

like Fa real

chemist

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I know all that, I’m trying to figure why I’m uptight about not getting him and I understand that

I hear you. I had those same hopes for Boogie. I wanted him to sign with the Lakers when he signed with Golden State. Then we got him this year I thought he would be available for the playoffs. Even this new season I was talking myself into Boogie backing up D12 then by the end of the season taking the starting spot. If he's healthy...........

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
Serious question? When have the knicks ever been a desirable destination?
Can't really count the time when they were competitive cuz free agency wasn't anywhere near what it is now but it was a potential option for players back around the time when LBJ left to go to Miami. STAT signing was a major player coding NY & Melo wanting to be traded there as well was a major player choosing NY though I think STAT signed for the ridiculous contract & Melo liked the idea of coming home

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Serious question? When have the knicks ever been a desirable destination?

A few brief moments NY was the spot probably not since Riley...

That alan Houston chis childs larry johnson eras

We had a lot of money

There was a whole of promise

Even the Melo time kinda

But you right i knew during the Amare
signing Knicks lost it, just not a viable option anymore

I think someone is going to write a very detailed piece on this soon. Shocked it hasn't been done already

I'm thinking the Zeke era was the death knell?

I remember when Durant said no one wants to play in ny Knicks fans were furious...

But as we see now its true

I cannot dismiss Lebron influence

After that posse stuff from Phil Jackson?

It was like a curse on the garden.

The fact that it is this hard to pinpoint?

Is pathetic.

Dolonavirus been destroying this franchise infected with incompetence

Mack1052

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yeah and every single one of them more healthy than he is. Lakers made out good.

I keep hearing that and I'm unsure. Harrell and Gasol were two of the worst big man defenders in the league right now. One is too slow and the other undersized. Atleast McGee and Howard were able bodied and mobile enough for the big man. Don't let them see a Young Ayton in the playoffs. They will be in trouble

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

The history of the New York Knicks' free agent signings
The Knicks have cleared enough salary cap space to sign two max contracts this offseason. Will this be the summer they finally succeed in bringing in top tier players?
By Kyle Irving

• url copied to clipboard
The Knicks missed on LeBron James in the Summer of 2010 but ended up with Amar'e Stoudemire [nba.com illustrations]
The New York Knicks sent shockwaves around the NBA last week when they traded Kristaps Porzingis to the Dallas Mavericks.
The deal that sent the young Latvian star to Dallas helped free their books of Tim Hardaway Jr. and Courtney Lee's contracts, further proving their desire to sign not one, but two big names this offseason.
MORE: How does Porzingis fit with the Mavs?
This isn't the first time the Knicks have cleared cap space in an effort to bring superstars to The Mecca, though they have yet to be successful in their endeavours.
Knicks fans probably still have nightmares of the Summer of 2010. The Summers of 2015 and 2016 weren't ones to write home about either.
It has been 20 years since the Knicks last appeared in the NBA Finals in 1999. The laundry list of trades and free agency signings since that season is less than ideal for a big market NBA team.
With viewer discretion, that list can be found at the bottom of this article.
But with that being said, let's focus on the Knicks' biggest misses in the free agency market as well as trades and signings that did not work out.

knicks-020819-ftr-gettyjpg_128otb9yulivp1u5z1su2efdns.jpg

In 2001, New York signed sharpshooter Allan Houston to a six-year, $100 million deal after back-to-back All-Star seasons. Houston found personal success with the Knicks but never played in another playoff game (or All-Star Game) after inking his big contract.
In 2002, they sent Marcus Camby and the draft rights to Nene, who would later put together a solid NBA career, to the Denver Nuggets for Antonio McDyess.
McDyess was already coming off of an injury that caused him to miss the entire season prior when the Knicks chose to trade for him. He then re-hurt himself in a preseason game and only played in 18 games for the Knicks before they moved him again.
Fast forward to 2005 when their major offseason signing was Jerome James to a five-year, $30 million deal. James' best season in the NBA before that contract was averaging 5.4 points and 4.2 rebounds per game. In his four seasons in New York, he never played more than 9.0 minutes per game, averaging 2.5 points and 1.8 rebounds.
The Knicks went four offseasons without any crippling signings or trades, leading up to...
The Summer of 2010

james-bosh-wade_ra4g893v2ec9zblqqre1jnb4.jpg

The Knicks went into the 2010 offseason with hopes of signing some combination of LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh or Joe Johnson.
They traded for Amar'e Stoudemire but failed to pair him with any of the aforementioned free agents.
As we all know, James, Wade and Bosh decided to team up in Miami, leading to two NBA championships. As for Johnson, he re-signed a huge deal with the Atlanta Hawks.
The Knicks filled the voids in their roster with a three-year, $25 million deal for Raymond Felton and a three-year, $9 million deal for Timofey Mozgov.
The following offseason, they signed veteran Jason Kidd to a three-year, $9 million deal after he helped lead the Mavericks to an NBA title. Kidd played one year on that contract before retiring.
The Knicks signed J.R. Smith to a four-year, $24.7 million deal in 2014 then signed Carmelo Anthony to a five-year, $124 million deal in an effort to build a Big 3 of their own in one of the following two offseasons.
Back-to-back offseason misses
That brings us to the 2015 offseason, where New York had their eyes set on three free agent big men to pair alongside Melo. They extended offers to DeAndre Jordan, LaMarcus Aldridge and Greg Monroe but went 0-for-3.
What did they end up with? Robin Lopez for three years, $60 million.
One offseason later, in 2016, when they couldn't get a meeting with their top free agent target Kevin Durant, they dispersed that money over three free agents.
They signed Courtney Lee (four-year, $48m), Lance Thomas (four-year, $25m) and Joakim Noah (four-year, $72m) while also trading Lopez, among others, for Derrick Rose.
So while the Knicks do have two max-contract slots available this offseason, only time will tell what they will end up doing with that money.
With Durant and Kyrie Irving in their sights, it will be intriguing to see if they will be successful in signing both of them or continue their streak of offseason misses.
All Knicks' offseason transactions from 1999-2019
All transactions were found via ProSportsTransactions.
1999 offseason
Signed
John Wallace - 3 years, $6.6 million
Latrell Sprewell - 5 years, $61.9 million extension
2000 offseason
Signed
Kurt Thomas - 3 years, $13 million
Traded
John Wallace and Donnell Harvey for Erick Strickland and Pete Mickeal
2001 offseason
Signed
Clarence Weatherspoon - 5 years, $27.5 million
Allan Houston - 6 years, $100 million
2002 offseason
Traded
Marcus Camby, Mark Jackson and rights to Nene to the Denver Nuggets for Antonio McDyess, the rights to Frank Williams and a second round pick
Signed
Frank Williams - 3 years, $2.7 million
Michael Doleac - 2 years, $3 million
2003 offseason
Traded
Latrell Sprewell for Keith Van Horn
Signed
Dikembe Mutombo - 2 years, $8.5 million
2004 offseason
Signed
Vin Baker - 2 years, $7.35 million
Traded
Othella Harrington, Frank Williams, Dikembe Mutombo and Cezary Trybanski for Jamal Crawford and Jerome Williams
2005 offseason
Traded
Kurt Thomas and Dijon Thompson for Quentin Richardson and Nate Robinson
Signed
Jerome James - 5 years, $30 million
2006 offseason
Signed
Jared Jeffries - 5 years, $30 million
2007 offseason
Traded
Steve Francis, Channing Frye and a second round pick to the Portland Trail Blazers for Zach Randolph, Fred Jones, Dan Dickau and Demetris Nichols
Sent cash to the Los Angeles Clippers for Jared Jordan
2008 offseason
Traded
Renaldo Balkman and cash to the Denver Nuggets for Taurean Green, Bobby Jones and a second round pick
Sent Frederic Weis to the Houston Rockets for Patrick Ewing Jr.
2009 offseason
Traded
Quentin Richardson and cash to the Memphis Grizzlies for Darko Milicic
Sent a second-round draft pick and cash to the Los Angeles Lakers for Toney Douglas
Re-signed
David Lee - 1 year, $7.5 million
Nate Robinson - 1 year, $4 million
2010 offseason
Traded
Cash to the Milwaukee Bucks for Jerome Jordan
Sent a second round pick and a $16.5 million trade exception to the Phoenix Suns for Amar'e Stoudemire
Sent David Lee to the Golden State Warriors for Kelenna Azubuike, Anthony Randolph, Ronny Turiaf and two second-round picks
Signed
David Lee - 6 years, $80 million (then traded)
Raymond Felton - 3 years, $25 million
Timofey Mozgov - 3 years, $9 million
Roger Mason Jr. - 1 year, $1.4 million
2011 offseason
Nothing
2012 offseason
Signed
J.R. Smith - 2 years, veteran minimum
James White - 1 year, minimum
Jason Kidd - 3 years, $9 million
Steve Novak - 4 years, $15 million
Pablo Prigioni - 1 year, veteran minimum
Ronnie Brewer - 1 year, veteran minimum
Traded
Tony Douglas, Jerome Jordan, Josh Harrellson and two second-round picks to the Denver Nuggets for Marcus Camby
Sent Jared Jeffries, Dan Gadzuric, Kostas Papanikolaou, Giorgos Printezis, a second-round pick and cash to the Portland Trail Blazers for Raymond Felton and Kurt Thomas
2013 offseason
Signed
Pablo Prigioni - 3 years, $4.5 million
J.R. Smith - 4 years, $24.7 million
Metta World Peace - 2 years, $3.2 million
Kenyon Martin - 1 year, veteran minimum
Traded
Steve Novak, Marcus Camby, Quentin Richardson and two second-round picks to the Toronto Raptors for Andrea Bargnani
2014 offseason
Traded
Tyson Chandler and Raymond Felton to the Dallas Mavericks for Jose Calderon, Shane Larkin, Wayne Ellington, Samuel Dalembert and two second rounders
Sent Wayne Ellington, Jeremy Tyler and second rounder for Quincy Acy and Travis Outlaw
Signed
Carmelo Anthony - 5 years, $124 million
Jason Smith - 1 year, $3.3 million
2015 offseason
Traded
Tim Hardaway Jr. to the Atlanta Hawks for Jerian Grant
Sent a second round pick and cash to the Orlando Magic for Kyle O'Quinn and a second round pick
Signed
Aaron Afflalo - 2 years, $16 million
Derrick Williams - 2 years, $10 million
Robin Lopez - 3 years, $60 million
Kevin Seraphin - 1 year, $2.8 million
2016 offseason
Traded
Robin Lopez, Jerian Grant, Jose Calderon to Chicago Bulls for Derrick Rose, Justin Holiday and a second-round pick
Signed
Marshall Plumlee - 1 year, minimum
Brandon Jennings - 1 year, $5 million
Courtney Lee - 4 years, $48 million
Joakim Noah - 4 years, $72 million
Lance Thomas - 4 years, $25 million
Ron Baker - 1 year, minimum
2017 offseason
Signed
Luke Kornet - 1 year, minimum
Tim Hardaway Jr. - 4 years, $71 million
Ramon Sessions - 1 year, $3.2 million
Traded
Second-round pick and cash to the Sacramento Kings for general manager Scott Perry
2018 offseason
Signed
Mario Henzonja - 1 year, $1.6 million
Noah Vonleh - 1 year, $1.6 million

giphy.gif

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Golden State Warriors' Kelly Oubre Jr. thrilled to play for an owner in Joe Lacob 'who actually cares about the organization'

New Golden State Warriors swingman Kelly Oubre Jr. had a parting shot for Phoenix Suns owner Robert Sarver on the day he was officially introduced as a member of what was his third team in just over a week.

Oubre, who was acquired by the Warriors in a deal with the Oklahoma City Thunder on Sunday, spent the first five years of his career with the Washington Wizards and Suns. He was asked Monday just how much different it will be playing for Warriors owner Joe Lacob and a front-office group that has repeatedly proved it will spend what it takes to compete after playing for Sarver.

Sarver, who has owned the Suns since 2004, has developed a reputation locally and nationally for leading an organization in perpetual tumult -- marked by a great deal of losing and a rotating door of coaching and front-office hires.

"You just hit the nail on the head," Oubre said during an appearance on "Damon, Ratto & Kolsky," on 95.7 The Game in San Francisco. "I can play for an owner -- somebody who actually cares about the organization and not just the perception of the organization on the media end of it. It's all about the foundation for me, man. You have a beautiful foundation, can build a beautiful [future]."

Oubre, who enjoyed a breakout season last year in Phoenix, averaging 18.7 points and 6.4 rebounds per game, believes he can hit the ground running with a Warriors team that needs him to pick up the slack created when Klay Thompson suffered a season-ending Achilles tear during a workout in Southern California. Oubre expressed confidence that he could follow in the footsteps of Warriors stalwarts Stephen Curry, Draymond Green and Thompson, saying he "100 percent" wanted to make the Warriors his long-term basketball home.

"As a young individual coming into this league, I've had to prove myself," Oubre said. "I've had people calling me all types of -- what they thought that I was as an individual, as a basketball player, yada yada ... and I can really relate to the guys who have put the Hall of Fame marks on their own name when they had a lot of questions coming into the league as well. I'm sure from a lot of the same people that are questioning me. So, I feel like we have a lot that we can relate to, and they've got each and everything they've gotten out of the mud. And that's exactly where I've come into play, too."

Oubre is looking forward to the opportunity to learn from Curry, Green and Thompson and is hopeful he can work out a long-term deal with his new team in the future.

"I'm obviously a younger individual who can really, really learn from how they were to handle these certain adverse times, and people saying they weren't going to be this [or that]," Oubre said. "Which they are now. And I want to show everybody that I can potentially be a Hall of Fame player as well. Who is better to learn from than guys like Klay, guys like Steph, guys like Draymond. Guys like everybody that's been through this organization."

The Warriors were able to acquire Oubre by bringing his salary into the $17.2 million trade exception created when the Warriors sent veteran Andre Iguodala to the Memphis Grizzlies in a deal last summer. Between Oubre's salary for the season of $14.4 million, and the $68 million in taxes, Oubre's addition is expected to cost the organization $82.4 million, according to ESPN's Bobby Marks.

When asked during his introductory news conference if he felt any extra pressure to produce after the financial commitment Lacob and the Warriors' ownership group made to get him to San Francisco, Oubre brushed off the notion.

"No," Oubre said. "My job is to go out there and play basketball and get better each and every day, each and every game. Whatever the tax breakdowns go, you can leave that for the accountants who run the books for the NBA or the organization.

"That's not my job to worry about any of that. So I'm happy to be here and I'm blessed to be in that conversation, but at the end of the day, I'm just here to play basketball."

Oubre, who will turn 25 next month, said he is excited to learn from Warriors coach Steve Kerr, who also served as Suns president of basketball operations and general manager under Sarver, from 2007 to 2010.

"The day before [Kerr] actually texted me after I got traded here, I was watching him on TV, obviously, 'The Last Dance,'" Oubre said of the ESPN documentary series about NBA great Michael Jordan and the 1997-98 Bulls, of which Kerr was a member. "So it was just kind of like being a kid in a candy store to be able to play for a legend like that. It's just been exciting. I told him today, 'I'll loosen up a little bit. I'm just in shock a little bit still that I can play for you and this organization. It's been dope.' He's been one of the best out there, and I'm happy."

Oubre, who appeared in a recent promotional picture for the Suns as they showcased this season's City Edition jersey, said he did not get to keep his jersey, as the organization traded him for veteran Chris Paul soon thereafter.

"Of course not -- they didn't let me keep that, man," Oubre said. "It had my last name on it, but I think they're going to take the stitching out and give it to CP3."

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

DeMarcus Cousins, Houston Rockets reach agreement on contract
play
Adrian Wojnarowski reports on how the Rockets are handling trade requests from their star players, and breaks down what DeMarcus Cousins can bring to the team. (0:40)
5:51 PM ET
Former All-Star center DeMarcus Cousins has agreed to a one-year deal with the Houston Rockets, he told Marc Spears of ESPN's The Undefeated.
The Rockets were limited to offering the veteran's minimum to Cousins, who missed all of last season with a torn ACL in his left knee suffered after he signed with the Los Angeles Lakers.

ans and has career averages of 21.2 points, 10.9 rebounds and 3.2 assists per game.

However, Cousins' career has been interrupted by a series of serious injuries over the past three years.

Cousins ruptured an Achilles tendon in February 2018 while playing for the Pelicans in a win over the Rockets. That injury caused his value in free agency to plummet, and Cousins signed with the Golden State Warriors for $5.3 million that summer.
Rockets' Man

The Rockets hope DeMarcus Cousins can return to his 2017-18 form before his Achilles injury. He is one of seven players in NBA history to average 25 points, 12 rebounds and 5 assists in a season.

PLAYERSEASONS
Giannis Antetokounmpo2018-19, 2019-20
DeMarcus Cousins2017-18
Charles Barkley1992-93
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar1975-76
Wilt Chamberlain1963-64, 1965-66
Oscar Robertson1961-62
Elgin Baylor1960-61
-- ESPN Stats & Information
Cousins missed much of his season with the Warriors while in rehab for his Achilles injury and was sidelined for much of Golden State's playoff run with a torn quadriceps. He averaged 16.3 points, 8.2 rebounds and 3.6 assists in 30 games with the Warriors.

After committing to full-time small ball in the middle of last season, starting 6-foot-5 P.J. Tucker at center, the Rockets have agreed to deals this offseason with a pair of centers who have been prolific scorers.

Houston agreed with former Detroit Pistons center Christian Wood on a three-year, $41 million contract in the opening hours of free agency Friday, sources said. Wood, 25, averaged 13.1 points per game last season, including 21.9 points during a 12-game stint as a starter after Detroit traded Andre Drummond.

They should help play a role in aiding the Rockets' rebounding woes. Since Jan. 31, Houston had a 44.6 rebounding percentage, which was last in the NBA over that span and would have ranked last by any team in a full season since 1996-97.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Montrezl Harrell has doubts that Clippers wanted him back, calls Lakers signing a 'business decision'
play
Kendrick Perkins and Zach Lowe praise Rob Pelinka for the offseason moves he made to make the Lakers better. (1:27)
6:31 PM ET

Fans might have missed out on a playoff series between the Los Angeles Lakers and LA Clippers, but the competition between the two franchises spilled into free agency with the Lakers signing Montrezl Harrell away from the Clippers.

Harrell, speaking to reporters Monday on a videoconference call for the first time since signing a two-year, $19 million contract to join the purple and gold, said that his former team helped make the decision for him.

The reigning Sixth Man of the Year winner was asked on the call whether the Clippers, the team he played for the past three seasons, wanted him back.

"I mean, that goes without saying," Harrell, 26, responded. "Apparently not if I'm on the other side. So it is what it is, really."

He was later asked whether he had wanted to return to the Clippers after averaging career highs in points (18.6) and rebounds (7.1) last season, coming off the bench in 61 of the 63 regular-season games he played.

"I feel that if you spend your career in any place long enough, you're going to want to still keep playing there and keep growing there," Harrell said. "So, of course I still have great respect for those guys and for that organization. But like I said, as far as they wanted me back, obviously it doesn't seem that way, does it?"

Harrell's new deal includes a player option for the 2021-22 season that will allow him to enter free agency in the summer of 2021 if he chooses to, when the free-agency market is expected to be more robust with teams flush with cap money to spend.

"Honestly, it's a business decision," he said when asked why he decided to play for the Lakers out of several teams vying for his services. "I felt that it was the right decision for me. I talked to my family and, you know, it's where we decided I wanted to go. Simple as that. ... I'm definitely going to be with a team that wanted me."

The five-year veteran, selected by the Houston Rockets in the second round of the 2015 NBA draft, is represented by Rich Paul of Klutch Sports, the same agent shared by the Lakers' top two stars, LeBron James and Anthony Davis.

While Harrell likened Klutch to "like a family," he downplayed James' and Davis' influence on him choosing to play for the other team at Staples Center.

"As far as my decision, it didn't have any effect, because at the end of the day, my decision doesn't affect neither one of those guys' lives as far as their living conditions," he said. "I have a family I have to provide for, so my decision was my decision."

On the other side of the coin, Harrell was asked what it was like to leave teammates like Lou Williams and Patrick Beverley, who he grouped with to keep the Clippers competitive as the franchise transitioned from its "Lob City" days with Chris Paul, Blake Griffin and DeAndre Jordan to its new big two, Kawhi Leonard and Paul George.

"They understand the business," Harrell said. "I learned the business from those guys, man. Guys like Lou who have been traded multiple times in one season, a guy like Pat who I played the majority of my career with, who I ended up being in a trade with. They understand and they basically taught me that this is a business no matter [what]. If you're not one of our top-tier players in the league, which we all know who those players are, everybody is expendable."

The Clippers were the betting favorites to win it all last season and now the defending champion Lakers hold that title -- buoyed by Harrell's addition, of course. Harrell, who will wear No. 15 for the Lakers, said that being on the other side of the city rivalry won't be a difficult adjustment.
"I don't think it's going to be anything we have to switch, because at the end of the day, the game of basketball is our job," Harrell said. "When I was playing for the Clippers, I gave it everything I had every night when I laced up my sneakers. And now that I'm here with the Los Angeles Lakers, that's the same thing I'm going to do here.

"This is my job, and I'm blessed to be on a team that was strong enough and deep enough and have the talent enough to win the championship last year. So me just coming to the mix, I'm just trying to do anything I can to help them get back to that same place. Seeing as I wasn't there last year and they won it, I'm just trying to come in and do what I can to help to repeat."

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Steven Adams agrees to 2-year, $35M extension as part of trade to New Orleans Pelicans, sources say
12:28 AM ET

As a part of the trade sending Steven Adams to New Orleans, the Pelicans and Adams agreed to a two-year contract extension, sources told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski and Zach Lowe on Monday evening.

The extension, which is fully guaranteed according to sources, is for two years and $35 million. Adams is in the final year of a four-year, $100 million deal he signed with Oklahoma City prior to the 2016-17 season. He is set to make $27.58 million in 2020-21.

With Adams locked into an extension, the Pelicans have shored up their frontcourt mate next to 20-year-old Zion Williamson for the next few seasons.
Because Adams did not waive his trade kicker in the deal that sent him to New Orleans from Oklahoma City, he was eligible to sign an extension with New Orleans right away rather than having to wait months to do so, per the NBA's collective bargaining agreement.

Adams averaged 10.9 points and 9.3 rebounds last season for Oklahoma City. As much of a force as Williamson was on the offensive glass last season, Adams adds even more on that side of the floor.

While Williamson finished 12th in offensive rebounding percentage (9.3%) among players who played at least 25 minutes per game last season, Adams was second (12.8%), behind only Andre Drummond (12.9%).

Adams doesn't stretch the floor next to Williamson, as he has made only one 3-pointer in his career -- although that did come against New Orleans last season on Feb. 13, 2020, in his new home inside the Smoothie King Center.

He does, however, bring the fourth-highest field goal percentage (58.9%) in NBA history with him.

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
@ansatsusha_gouki

where all these owners that were screaming POVERTY last month?

cause I want them to explain Steven adams and gordon Heywood contracts to me.

Dan Gilbert was the 17th richest owner in the United States,6th on the NBA earlier this year.Now,he's #2 in both categories in the middle of a pandemic. That's how full of shit these owners are but have the audacity to ask a player to take a pay cut or renegotiate their contract.