Lovecraft Country - HBO series Official Thread - Premieres August

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member
but she wasn't built like Rose. Either the manager hired Rose cause he wanted to fuck or Rose's look/vibe would work better than Ruby in a white department store.
I'm leaning toward this reason, but yeah, she's got the body type that other CACs are gonna be attracted to and make less of a fuss.

"Just let me know when it's MY turn with her."

November 17

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
thank god i aint work in a place where the skin folk aint kin folk
but i noticed in other ways

Must of my adult life I've worked in Finance/Accounting in corporate america I've been the only black person in the group/department.
For the last 5 years i've worked for a company which is much more 'diverse' and where the work isnt as demanding as previous employers. But i've noticed that my black co-workers (who are older) dot every I & cross every T. They come in & leave on time, take only the allocated time for lunch, where applicable feel out their time cards perfectly. These ppl that have been there for years and decades. I ask em why stay in the office if you dont have work to do. Why be so anal on doing shit that no one cares about? But they contend that they dont have the same luxury to cut corners if everyone else does cause they are black. I dont how much of it paranonia or based on age or founded but i can't fault them for being overly cautious.
I think there is validity in their paranoia. We do ourselves a disservice by believing that this generation is different from previous generations going back in time. Example: the video of Rodney King being beaten by 4 cops was on March 3, 1991, that was 29 years ago. So many unarmed black men and women have either been assaulted or died at the hands of over zealous police or vigilantes, and for the most part the reaction seems to be the same.

HAR125LEM

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Better add Stormfront to that list.

Yep.
She's definitely a "favorite" of mine too.
A Racist White BITCH with Super Powers?
How REAL can you get?

It was a major coup to gender switch that character from the comics

The-Boys-Season-2-Stormfront.jpg

doggface

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
but she wasn't built like Rose. Either the manager hired Rose cause he wanted to fuck or Rose's look/vibe would work better than Ruby in a white department store.

I didn't think she applied. I thought she went in with the application saw they already hired a Black women and walked out.

Right after that she met William and was saying no way they would hire 2 Black women.

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
I didn't think she applied. I thought she went in with the application saw they already hired a Black women and walked out.

Right after that she met William and was saying no way they would hire 2 Black women.
i think, and i might be wrong, she mentioned applying back in episode 1 when she and leti reunited. let me go back and watch.

yeah, she said she was applying for years at the stores down there.

Deacs

Rising Star
Registered
The show is great so far, there are no loose strings in the storytelling yet, they introduced all the elements which they are going to use 1-2 episodes before they come around on the story

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Hopefully it stops him from being a piece of shit to everybody and in the damn way all the time. A bunch of motherfuckers in this very thread need to be real with themselves and have their own To Wong Fu moment.

Sup @xfactor .
Wouldn’t apply. I’m not on the left-hand path of Luciferianism but good luck figuring out what alphabets YOU identify with in the LGBT club. Either way, the end result for the profane is all the same. It is already predetermined.

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Knowing HBO and the lesbian director it was probably a dude. :smh:
This is just another production of the Kemetic Mystery Cults and Babylon Mystery Religion. Thoth/Hermes/Enki etc. The 7 principles of Hermes is basically what the show is all about. It is not that deep but for people not familiar, I guess it is. Jordan Peele is a high level warlock and hermeticist.

7 Principles of Hermes:
1) Mentalism
2) Correspondence
3) Vibration
4) Polarity
5) Rhythm
6) Cause and Effect
7) Gender

The “elites“ pushing this narrative so overtly is more interesting than the show. 2020 is a prophetic year.

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member
Rose first instinct was NOT to hook the sister up. But to punish her, a black woman just like her. For something she had NO CONTROL OVER. deep sh*t

not exactly. after she found out that she was underqualified she went at her. i am not saying it is right. but if she felt she was on her level she would have acted differently.

PliggaNease

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
not a thread jack:

when i first heard that name for her i was like that shit aint right. and when she went after the asian dude i knew some fuckery was afoot. i don't know how i feel about that show right now.

back to regularly scheduled programming.
I was wondering if she was gonna be a racist when I first heard that name too. Looks like we were right.

NightMare Paint

Not A Horse
BGOL Investor
Wouldn’t apply. I’m not on the left-hand path of Luciferianism but good luck figuring out what alphabets YOU identify with in the LGBT club. Either way, the end result for the profane is all the same. It is already predetermined.
You say the same mumbo jumbo nothing over and over. Like you're scared to really talk and expose yourself as a pole smoking CAC. Live your truth George Michael.

sammyjax

Grand Puba of Science
Platinum Member
This might sound strange, but I think most black people are socialized to be racist. When I say that, I mean we are taught to treat each other as if we were white supremists in black skin. Sometimes, it takes a minute or two for us to realize this and to reach back and help each other advance.
Shit don't sound strange at all

Monied niggas excel at this

sammyjax

Grand Puba of Science
Platinum Member
Mane' I was just about to catch up with the season with esp. 3 but after reading the replies............no thanks they can keep the Full Metal Faggat remake
it's not worth missing a whole episode for, especially not one this good. you can tell when it's about to happen, just fast forward the shit broski.

i was like 'aw come on man wth' too but this muhfucka be sounding like middle school sometimes.

LennyNero1972

Sleeping Deity.
BGOL Investor
Okay took a glimpse of EP5, yeah they went full tilt boogie with the gay shit but question for those who read the book, is this "teh ghey" shit in the there though? :hithead:Oh Leti does have a nice lil' tushy.:D I'll peep the rest later.