How has the Coronavirus impacted you directly, to this point?

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Have you started the remote schooling yet for your little one cuz?

We start tomorrow, been getting her area ready, with laptip supplies etc...

Fingers crossed.

jagu

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Most Courthouses are closed so we can't do much, but I still have other ways to make a modest income while this blows over.

I also have a new home construction that we need to get a building permit for asap and they are only letting two people in the building at one time. My builder spent the whole day there on Friday..smh..

guyver

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Working from home since last week. Not sure how having random states quarantine for a week or 2 is going to stop the spread. We just need to say everyone is quarantined for the whole month of April to get this over with.

I agree on some points, but I haven't heard a real plan even if the quarantine last two months. We dont know what the true numbers are for the infected and even after the virus seems to subside it may not really be true even after three months.

This isn't going to be a popular opinion but more damage is being done from the quarantine than the virus. The number of deaths are small at the moment and worse case some company accidentally mutants the fucking virus to something that is really dangerous to the larger population trying to find a fix. At the moment the best thing they can do is attempt to build the proper resources/testing kits and create quarantine zones for those who are infected. Large companies should be forced to create whatever tools are needed to help those who are infected and are in need of medical devices. Once a plan is put into place, let people get back to their relatively regular lives and lift the overall quarantine.

I know I'm making it sound easy and I sound insensitive to those who maybe high risk. However, the reality is anyone of us could die from this given that you never really know what underlying health issues you may have even if it is just your body fighting another normally small issue like the common cold.

8/11Streetz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Asalamalaikum my brotha.
I don't know about mother whore of 811 Street. But mother kogalee_muhammad would schlap the TEEF right up out your mouf. No beef. Sure as HELL aint no PORK! Just be careful about fuckin prostitutes and prostidudes raw, you need to turn away from that before you face the JUDGEMENT of Allah who is none other than Master Fard Muhammad.

Alright my brother I shall stop my lust for prostitutes in the name of Allah

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
Have you started the remote schooling yet for your little one cuz?

We start tomorrow, been getting her area ready, with laptip supplies etc...

Fingers crossed.
Shit is easy man. Don't sweat it.

Now these weak ass cacs who have kids who run the house are going to go batshit and bitch about how it's hard, but normal parents shouldn't have any problems unless they have special needs children.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I agree on some points, but I haven't heard a real plan even if the quarantine last two months. We dont know what the true numbers are for the infected and even after the virus seems to subside it may not really be true even after three months.

This isn't going to be a popular opinion but more damage is being done from the quarantine than the virus. The number of deaths are small at the moment and worse case some company accidentally mutants the fucking virus to something that is really dangerous to the larger population trying to find a fix. At the moment the best thing they can do is attempt to build the proper resources/testing kits and create quarantine zones for those who are infected. Large companies should be forced to create whatever tools are needed to help those who are infected and are in need of medical devices. Once a plan is put into place, let people get back to their relatively regular lives and lift the overall quarantine.

I know I'm making it sound easy and I sound insensitive to those who maybe high risk. However, the reality is anyone of us could die from this given that you never really know what underlying health issues you may have even if it is just your body fighting another normally small issue like the common cold.

I think you raise sone good points

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Coronavirus in N.Y.C.: The Latest

Demetrius Freeman for The New York Times
The Times’s Katie Van Syckle writes:

Governor Cuomo disclosed new statistics yesterday indicating that the New York City region had roughly 5 percent of the coronavirus cases worldwide.

The surge in the number of cases in New York stems from both the rapid growth of the outbreak and the significantly increased testing in the state. Health officials emphasized that testing was revealing how quickly the coronavirus had spread.

[The New York region is now an epicenter of a global pandemic.]

As of yesterday, there were more than 15,000 confirmed cases of the coronavirus in the state, up nearly 5,000 since Saturday, and more than 120 deaths.

Late Sunday, the city released stark new figures that showed 1,800 people hospitalized, including 450 in intensive care units. All told, the city reported 10,764 positive cases of coronavirus, with more than 3,000 cases each in Brooklyn and Queens. There had been 99 fatalities.

Here’s what else you need to know:

The governor took issue with what he called the “insensitive” and “arrogant” behavior of New York City residents who were continuing to gather in parks and other public spaces. Mr. Cuomo indicated yesterday that he would give the city 24 hours to come up with a plan to reduce density in these spaces, which he would need to approve.

“I don’t know what I’m saying that people don’t get,” Mr. Cuomo said, suggesting that city officials could close some streets to traffic to give residents more outdoor space.Mayor de Blasio warned that the health care system was straining under the deluge of cases, and he again called on President Trump to send more help.

“April is going to be worse than March,” he said. “And I fear May will be worse than April.”

Mr. Cuomo said the Federal Emergency Management Agency would build four hospitals with 1,000 total beds at the sprawling Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in Midtown Manhattan.

The governor also said that he supported continued testing for the virus, and that the state had secured from the federal government trial drugs that it would begin testing tomorrow.

The New York City police commissioner said 98 people in the Police Department, including 70 uniformed officers, had tested positive for the coronavirus.

In New Jersey, officials announced 590 new coronavirus cases yesterday, bringing the statewide total to 1,914, including 20 deaths.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Amazon makes Prime Video kids' shows available for free to all users

By Tyler Aquilina
March 23, 2020 at 01:45 PM EDT

As we enter another week of the Great Coronavirus Quarantine, Amazon is doing its part to help occupy your kids while you work from home.
Amazon has lifted its Prime Video paywall for a select group of kids' TV shows available on its streaming platform, with both original and acquired series now free for all users with or without a Prime subscription. (A free Amazon.com account is still required for viewing.) Titles include Amazon's If You Give a Mouse a Cookie, Pete the Cat, and Costume Quest, and PBS Kids shows such as Arthur and Caillou.
EVERETT COLLECTION
Millions of families are currently confined to their homes as schools and workplaces nationwide have closed amid the ongoing outbreak of COVID-19. As measures to help reign in the virus' spread have intensified, studios have been making more and more content available for home viewing. Disney released Frozen II on its own streaming platform, Disney+, months ahead of schedule, and will do the same for Pixar's Onward, while numerous films will hit VOD and digital platforms early, including DreamWorks' Trolls World Tour. And if you need more suggestions for family-friendly viewing — particularly titles that won't drive you up the wall — EW has you covered.

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
90555997_10160330536406840_8545446676502937600_o.jpg

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Oprah says she's making Stedman self-quarantine in their guest house

By Tyler Aquilina
March 24, 2020 at 02:31 PM EDT
SaveFBTweetMore

Pause
Unmute
Loaded: 83.34%

Captions

Fullscreen
YOU MIGHT LIKE
BIANCA DEL RIO AND LADY BUNNY HOST THE RUPAUL'S DRAG RACE WERQ THE WORLD LIVE CONCERT
Talk about some social distancing.
In an Instagram Live conversation with the editor of O, The Oprah Magazine on Monday, Oprah Winfrey revealed that she's making her longtime partner, Stedman Graham, self-quarantine in their guest house for the time being. Rest assured, it's all in the interest of health and safety.
"I had pneumonia late last year...I had just gotten off of antibiotics last week, because I had a bronchial infection," Winfrey explained on the livestream. She noted that Graham was "late to the party" in terms of understanding the severity of the coronavirus outbreak, and had just recently returned to their home in Santa Barbara after a speaking engagement.
"Stedman did not arrive from Chicago until Thursday, he had been speaking in St. Louis...he'd been on planes, so Stedman is like 'What's the procedure for coming home?' The procedure is...you ain't coming and sleeping in my bed!" Winfrey said. "And literally, he goes, 'I'm not?' And I go, 'Have you not been paying attention to the news? Social distancing doesn't mean you go and sleep in the same bed with the person! When you just got off American Airlines!'"

ADVERTISING

Ads by Teads
MICHAEL KOVAC/GETTY IMAGES
Winfrey added that Stedman does not have the coronavirus, and that she has been leaving him meals on the doorstep. The couple also converse from a distance, as you can see in the Instagram video below.
"My friends say 'Oh, isn't Stedman upset?' He's really not. He's happy to keep me safe," Winfrey said.

Winfrey also discussed how she's been keeping busy during the quarantine; her quaran-streaming picks include The Crown and Self Made, starring Octavia Spencer as Madam C.J. Walker. She's also been reading potential Oprah's Book Club picks, attending DJ D-Nice's digital quarantine dance party, and working on her new Apple TV+ show Oprah Talks. She also shared a bit of classically Oprah inspiration for everyone worried about the ongoing pandemic.

"You will come out stronger if you choose to come out stronger," Winfrey said. "You will come out stronger if you actually get the lessons from it. If you think it's just about a virus...it's not. It's about the forces of life trying to tell us about ourselves. Whatever it is you're feeling, it's because you're supposed to be feeling it. Whatever this is putting you through, you needed this moment, and it was the only moment that could bring us to this realization. I'm looking at it from the bigger picture."

Hopefully Stedman is, too.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
I start working from home tomorrow. Cheap azzes couldnt even furnish a laptop. I had to sign for my desktop, dual monitors, keyboard and mouse to take home with me. Still thankful for the job though at this point.

My company had to buy thousands of laptops for people. Not sure how they got that many laptops that quickly.

I feel sorry for the guys who have to image those things. They're working hard as hell.

dHustla

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Oprah says she's making Stedman self-quarantine in their guest house

By Tyler Aquilina
March 24, 2020 at 02:31 PM EDT
SaveFBTweetMore

Pause
Unmute
Loaded: 83.34%

Captions

Fullscreen
YOU MIGHT LIKE
BIANCA DEL RIO AND LADY BUNNY HOST THE RUPAUL'S DRAG RACE WERQ THE WORLD LIVE CONCERT
Talk about some social distancing.
In an Instagram Live conversation with the editor of O, The Oprah Magazine on Monday, Oprah Winfrey revealed that she's making her longtime partner, Stedman Graham, self-quarantine in their guest house for the time being. Rest assured, it's all in the interest of health and safety.
"I had pneumonia late last year...I had just gotten off of antibiotics last week, because I had a bronchial infection," Winfrey explained on the livestream. She noted that Graham was "late to the party" in terms of understanding the severity of the coronavirus outbreak, and had just recently returned to their home in Santa Barbara after a speaking engagement.
"Stedman did not arrive from Chicago until Thursday, he had been speaking in St. Louis...he'd been on planes, so Stedman is like 'What's the procedure for coming home?' The procedure is...you ain't coming and sleeping in my bed!" Winfrey said. "And literally, he goes, 'I'm not?' And I go, 'Have you not been paying attention to the news? Social distancing doesn't mean you go and sleep in the same bed with the person! When you just got off American Airlines!'"

ADVERTISING

Ads by Teads
MICHAEL KOVAC/GETTY IMAGES
Winfrey added that Stedman does not have the coronavirus, and that she has been leaving him meals on the doorstep. The couple also converse from a distance, as you can see in the Instagram video below.
"My friends say 'Oh, isn't Stedman upset?' He's really not. He's happy to keep me safe," Winfrey said.

Winfrey also discussed how she's been keeping busy during the quarantine; her quaran-streaming picks include The Crown and Self Made, starring Octavia Spencer as Madam C.J. Walker. She's also been reading potential Oprah's Book Club picks, attending DJ D-Nice's digital quarantine dance party, and working on her new Apple TV+ show Oprah Talks. She also shared a bit of classically Oprah inspiration for everyone worried about the ongoing pandemic.

"You will come out stronger if you choose to come out stronger," Winfrey said. "You will come out stronger if you actually get the lessons from it. If you think it's just about a virus...it's not. It's about the forces of life trying to tell us about ourselves. Whatever it is you're feeling, it's because you're supposed to be feeling it. Whatever this is putting you through, you needed this moment, and it was the only moment that could bring us to this realization. I'm looking at it from the bigger picture."

Hopefully Stedman is, too.

Ain't no way in hell! Couldn't be me smh!