How has the Coronavirus impacted you directly, to this point?

blackpepper

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm fucked. Sole provider to five. Pretty sure I'm laid off but employer trying to act like everything ok. Work at the Kennedy center, still supposed to be reporting in. I refuse to go though. Can't bring that shit in the house with baby. HR hasn't said anything about leave. They're saying they have enough money to pay us two checks and that's it. Can't apply for federal aid yet and bills still due.

We were barely making it before. I don't know what to do now. They cut SNAP program down to damn near nothing- it's not looking good over here...Trying to put on a brave face for family but we are not in position to handle this. Lotta ppl gonna be really fucked over. If you pray please say something for my fam. Peace
Sorry to hear about your situation, but all is not lost. Be proactive. Start regularly talking to the best connected people you know for advice and leads. Start searching the web, and making a list of resources to get help from. Try to be near first in line, cause the need is going to be more than massive. Best wishes.

jasonblacc

Rising Star
Registered
Planet Fitness said they are NOT charging

their members while gyms have closed.

"Out of an abundance of caution, all of our clubs have closed until further notice. As your long-term partner in fitness, we have proactively frozen all memberships on your behalf, and you will not be charged any fees during this time"

Wait, planet fitness? I was told by bgol men don’t work out at planet fitness.

blackpepper

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Just got laid off.
Sorry to hear about your situation, but all is not lost. Be proactive. Start regularly talking to the best connected people you know for advice and leads. Start searching the web, and making a list of resources to get help from. Try to be near first in line, cause the need is going to be more than massive. Best wishes.
This is going to start sounding like a broken record.

55th View

Rising Star
Registered
Deferring anything I can and re-routing those funds to my savings. I'd rather have it in my pocket at this time. Why rush to pay off student loans and mortgage when they're long term accounts? In short, there's plenty of time for that down the line.

I'd advise anyone else to do the same. Stay safe out there, fam!

guyver

Rising Star
Platinum Member

As ignorant as that is, the stores need to start being more responsible and post that certain or no items can be bought in bulk.

This also displays Trump's failure as a leader. As a leader sometimes you need to keep your personal feelings on the back burner. Even if he believes like a lot of people initially did that this would blow over fast, he should have treated it seriously in public.

This situation it just makes me question why do we pay the government so much in taxes and should we really be giving our local government those resources. Even though in a lot of cases the local government is just as bad as the federal.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Deferring anything I can and re-routing those funds to my savings. I'd rather have it in my pocket at this time. Why rush to pay off student loans and mortgage when they're long term accounts? In short, there's plenty of time for that down the line.

I'd advise anyone else to do the same. Stay safe out there, fam!

I was just gonna ask this.

We wanted to hold off on rent student loans and build the emergency fund up.

Even though the courts are closed and eviction are on freeze i wanted to know if its safe and smart to just STOP paying?

We need a thread from bgol legal sayi g what we NEED TO PAY RIGHT NOW and what we can hold off on during this crisis.

blackpepper

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
My girls job laid off half their staff, she was one of the lucky ones who got moved to part time
I'm kinda expecting the same thing will happen to my wife. She said they've had less than half their usual work the last two weeks. So yeah probably, and shes got 15+ yrs with them.

LordSinister

One Punch Mayne
Super Moderator
My job finally decided human lives are worth more than this bullshit and they are sending the rig back to Las Palmas. I was due to go back on the 28th, so I'm SOL.

Let's see if they postpone mortgage payments. I have 2 vacancies (one property paid for) and enough cash to float it about 8-10 months on top of my other bills. We might have to give people an incentive to move in like the first month half off, or no security deposit, but I can't until the government makes a decision on what's going on.

meilmarc

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Just got the word back from my job. Came back from Cancun Friday, they told me I had to self quarantine for 14 days. HR emailed me this morning and said I would be paid my 80 hours without having to burn my time. When I do return to work I will be paid double since Im an essential employee.

TooTrilla

Mil Town Legend
BGOL Investor
White Christ! :smh:

:scared:

Allah just told me that you went and SCHLEPT with this woman on the same morning she told you this... :smh:

The Honorable Elijah Muhammad tole me to tell you to gets you some vitamin C. And the same medicine that the devil used to treat ebola can save you brotha. I bulleth shitteth you noth. :smh:
I stayed away my bruuuthaaa.

flx2000

Photographer
BGOL Investor

Even though the courts are closed and eviction are on freeze i wanted to know if its safe and smart to just STOP paying?

We need a thread from bgol legal sayi g what we NEED TO PAY RIGHT NOW and what we can hold off on during this crisis.
Only your mortgage company can advise you on payments
when we had the last hurricane here in Houston an the mortgage company was allowing deferred payments
if memory served me right, they allowed you to push the principle to the back end of the loan but the interest still had to be paid, so basically when you started paying your mortgage again, your first month or two would also include the interest payments you did not pay. it was something stupid like that, can't remember exactly but all I know is I did not do it, I paid on time every month.

my moms apartment complex is asking for their rent still, they are offering discounts, $75 off next months rent or pay 2 months in advance and get $200 off but you must pay the rent.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Only your mortgage company can advise you on payments
when we had the last hurricane here in Houston an the mortgage company was aallowing deferred payments
if memory served me right, they allowed you to push the principle to the back end of the loan but the principal still had to be paid, so basically when you started paying your mortgage again, your first month or two would also include the interest payments you did not pay. it was something stupid like that, can't remember exactly but all I know is I did not do it, I paid on time every month.

my moms apartment complex is asking for their rent still, they are offering discounts, $75 off next months rent or pay 2 months in advance and get $200 off but you must pay the rent.

Thanks for this

dHustla

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Yes, is there a thread discussing this?

55th View

Rising Star
Registered

It varies from lender to lender, so it would be prudent to contact them directly.

I contacted my mortgage company and student loan rep to discusss the implications of doing so. I'd highly recommend reading over the language before finalizing. I'm sure there are a few predatory lenders out there who will gladly defer in exchange for a higher rate down the line. In short, get the terms in writing before an agreement is finalized. I hope this is helpful.

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
cost a knigga damn near a hundred dollars.. for a n99 mask..

but I could also use it for working out... when I go running outside...

I shouldve bought extra filters.. comes with ten so I have time....

jasonblacc

Rising Star
Registered
Just got the word back from my job. Came back from Cancun Friday, they told me I had to self quarantine for 14 days. HR emailed me this morning and said I would be paid my 80 hours without having to burn my time. When I do return to work I will be paid double since Im an essential employee.

Are you In health care?

CoTtOnMoUf

DUMBED DOWN TO BLEND IN
BGOL Legend
Ohio is shut down but because we're

steel workers where I work, the

show must go on.

Wss kinda looking forward to a

few weeks off tho. :dunno: