Sony pulls Spider-Man out of MCU!!!!

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor

:idea:

@fonzerrillii @ViCiouS

Wait could this be Marvel leaking this so Sony gets its f*cking act together?
d4e.png

:lol:

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
After reading the story it makes me wonder...

What if SONY is doing this to see if Disney would attempt to buy their film division.

Cause like the story pointed out.. The Film division loses TONS of fucking money..... hell outside of Playstation .. all of Sony loses TONS of fucking money.

This Variety story also confirms that Marvel owns the TV rights to Spiderman.

https://variety.com/2015/film/news/details-spider-man-appear-in-sony-and-marvel-movies-1201429039/

@Gemini -- this is interesting
The rights to the Spiderman game character actually belong to MARVEL/Disney. We know that Marvel asked Sony to Make a Spiderman game for them.. but that request was made after they struck up the deal for Spiderman to be in the MCU. Disney just didn't have the ability at that time to create their own game.. even though they had Lucasarts.

Well we know that there have been rumblings about Disney and LucasFilm Games... even though Disney continues to say they will License properties, but we know they aren't happy with EA's handling of the Star Wars properties.

With the deal being off... It makes me wonder if Disney might not agree for Sony to handle the Spiderman Sequel. This absolutely explains why they rushed to buy Insomniac. We know that Disney was extremely happy with the game that Insomniac made. But Insomniac wasn't a Sony property. Technically there was nothing to have Insomniac make a Sequel and Disney published the game under their LucasArts label.

That's why Sony Scooped up Insomniac... to basically say to Disney

If you want another Good Spiderman game.. made by the same people.. then you have to go through us.

Now everything fucking makes sense.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
You already invalidated it by saying t'challa aside lol

But the argument isnt whether they did a good job

It's whether we'll miss him to the detriment of the universe

That's a resounding no.

No.
Ironman: I made my wife a widow and my kid fatherless for a sony product that left

Sony: I am sony bitch(does finger snap with infinity stones)

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Watch Sony fuck around and do a live action Spider-verse film and bring in Tobey Maguire, Andrew Garfield, Tom Holland and Jaden Smith as Miles Morales....

hmmm.....

with THOSE guys directing?

OK damn you for this.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
This Variety story also confirms that Marvel owns the TV rights to Spiderman.

https://variety.com/2015/film/news/details-spider-man-appear-in-sony-and-marvel-movies-1201429039/

@Gemini -- this is interesting
The rights to the Spiderman game character actually belong to MARVEL/Disney. We know that Marvel asked Sony to Make a Spiderman game for them.. but that request was made after they struck up the deal for Spiderman to be in the MCU. Disney just didn't have the ability at that time to create their own game.. even though they had Lucasarts.

Well we know that there have been rumblings about Disney and LucasFilm Games... even though Disney continues to say they will License properties, but we know they aren't happy with EA's handling of the Star Wars properties.

With the deal being off... It makes me wonder if Disney might not agree for Sony to handle the Spiderman Sequel. This absolutely explains why they rushed to buy Insomniac. We know that Disney was extremely happy with the game that Insomniac made. But Insomniac wasn't a Sony property. Technically there was nothing to have Insomniac make a Sequel and Disney published the game under their LucasArts label.

That's why Sony Scooped up Insomniac... to basically say to Disney

If you want another Good Spiderman game.. made by the same people.. then you have to go through us.

Now everything fucking makes sense.
wait.... Sony lead the development / creative design of that game not Marvel / Disney
that costume design with the white spider on webs is Sony exclusively

Also- If Lucas Arts or even Pixar ever gets a crack at Spiderman? :itsawrap:

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
NAWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!

Come on son he was basically IRON MAN"S son to a GENERATION of kids now...

330ddabcfc4e134bbec89221c6e1a480.gif

the audience young and OLD loved that kid...

that's UNDEROOS!!!!!

WHO in the CURRENT MCU can FILL THAT HOLE????

I'm telling you KIDS loved that character

(and Mary Jane!)

and that version was so damn accurate to the comics we grew up with.

And that kid is a hell of an actor..

We WANTED him to be a part of all this going forward

we ALL thought we were PASS all this.

I aint saying the EMPIRE will crumple...

but to act like this is NOT a significant hit?

Is an insult.

(bear in mind, once the X-Men BP2 Blade and good lawd the Fantastic Four arrive I reserve the right to go back and delete this post)
DxUkNn9XcAEu_QE.jpg

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Sony convinced disney to make Spiderman movies while pocketing 95 percent profit and cosigned Disney killing off 1 of their main characters(iron man) for their product, only to take their product back....lmaoooo... Sony is the real mysterio... Sony at the bar like that was to easy, standing on the bar like yeah that was a great idea to make our product a billion dollar machine once again, we gave them the illusion we'd resign...far from home was really about Sony fucking them over and they didn't even know it

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
wait.... Sony lead the development / creative design of that game not Marvel / Disney
that costume design with the white spider on webs is Sony exclusively

Also- If Lucas Arts or even Pixar ever gets a crack at Spiderman? :itsawrap:

Marvel gave them control... but don't get it twisted.. Marvel absolutely owns the video game rights to this. Marvel asked Sony to make a game and they were interested in Insomniac handling it.

Sony owns that shit know.. but prior to the purchase that shit was owned by Insomniac.

Check out this video.

It's no different from Microsoft publishing Sunset Overdrive and Mass Effect..

Both of those properties eventually became or will become Multiplatform.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Sony convinced disney to make Spiderman movies while pocketing 95 percent profit and cosigned Disney killing off 1 of their main characters(iron man) for their product, only to take their product back....lmaoooo... Sony is the real mysterio... Sony at the bar like that was to easy, standing on the bar like yeah that was a great idea to make our product a billion dollar machine once again, we gave them the illusion we'd resign...far from home was really about Sony fucking them over and they didn't even know it

Disney still has complete control over the TV, Comic, merchandising, video game, and audio rights...

Sony can make all the movies they want and they will forever be limited to only make a profit from the take at the movies...

Anytime a kid buys a Spider-man toy that's based on the movies 100% of that goes to Disney..... All the merchandising rights from the video game went to Disney. I don't even know what Sony got from the Spider-man since Disney has control over the video rights.. I'm sure they got something.

If Sony was Smart.... I would have just sold the rights to Disney.... cause without merchandising rights to help offset the costs of the movie.. they are forever going to be fucked.

I don't see a win for Sony from this..

They better fucking Pray to Jesus that Playstation 5 is a massive fucking hit.

superfusion

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Disney still has complete control over the TV, Comic, merchandising, video game, and audio rights...

Sony can make all the movies they want and they will forever be limited to only make a profit from the take at the movies...

Anytime a kid buys a Spider-man toy that's based on the movies 100% of that goes to Disney..... All the merchandising rights from the video game went to Disney. I don't even know what Sony got from the Spider-man since Disney has control over the video rights.. I'm sure they got something.

If Sony was Smart.... I would have just sold the rights to Disney.... cause without merchandising rights to help offset the costs of the movie.. they are forever going to be fucked.

Sony thinks that every Spiderman movie they put out will make a billion dollars, this was the first and only Spiderman movie to make a billion dollars. Sony has the big head now.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Sony sells dogshit... Yet makes money from dogshit... Disney gave their dogshit product life and now Sony can sell more of it until the consumers smarten up...than Sony will holla at Disney once again to help push dogshit... If you had dogshit that could make money for decades upon decades would you sell it or hold onto it and figure wa ys to make more money off of it... The Spider-Man product is the perfect example of what wealth is

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Sony sells dogshit... Yet makes money from dogshit... Disney gave their dogshit product life and now Sony can sell more of it until the consumers smarten up...than Sony will holla at Disney once again to help push dogshit... If you had dogshit that could make money for decades upon decades would you sell it or hold onto it and figure wa ys to make more money off of it... The Spider-Man product is the perfect example of what wealth is

Yeah but your money is solely from the Movies....... the only way that this deal looks good for Sony is if the merchandising rights deal is only related to Spiderman and not shit like Venom or the Sinister Six.

Even still... Merchandising is where the big money is on these blockbusters cause studios have to spend millions of dollars in advertising on the mega hits.

A 600 million dollar movie doesn't turn the type of profit that you need when it costs 150 million to make and you spend 100 million on advertising and have to deal with international licensing costs.

All that.. While Disney just has to sit home and take in the money.

Lou_Kayge

Rising Star
Registered
I liked Holland's Spidey, bit his inclusion was always a WANT not a NEED because Spidey is Marvel's Mickey Mouse aka main character. CA:Civil War and his subsequent appearances could've worked without him.