DCs Legends of Tomorrow

silentking

Occasional Superstar **
Registered
This show has improved and it does have a niche. The way they lean into the campiness works for them. I definitely can't say its the best or my favorite in the Arrowverse, but I appreciate it more than I used to....although the bi Constantine story line last night was unnecessary and gratuitous. To me, Flash and Arrow still lead the pack because the characters are better. Arrow took the gayness to the background when they sidelined Mr Terrific and that has worked well. Wild Dog as the vigilante on a leash works too. And Canary's fine ass....cotdamn. Even Laurel seems sexier now too. Somehow, Felicity gets less sexy as the series goes on but oh well. Flash needs to keep all they characters powered....I hate the whole losing powers story lines....but they got such a stellar line up of sexy women its hard not to love that show. Supergirl has been very consistent and has good characters. That show grows on me more and more, although I dont know why the CW feels like having a gay/trans on every show is accurate representation. Its over representation if anything. That said, the Dreamer character could be cool. I wish they would have gave Manchester Black his powers, but the character owns every scene he's in so it's been good. Black Lightning stands on its own outside that universe and has surprised me with the character development, story lines and consistency. As much as I want to see them mix it up with the Arrowverse characters at some point, I love what they're doing. I'm a little disappointed that they not continuing the Justice League Unlimited vibe they did with last season's crossover, but I'm here for this Elseworld's business - we'll see how it goes.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Just got finished... I'm still blah with the Constantine Bi storyline..

but I'll continue to say..
The show is the most consistent of the arrowverse shows. I really enjoyed last nights episode.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
This show sure fell off, I feel bad for Constantine. I liked his series and now he is stuck with this lesbian propaganda show.

???

This season is starting off better then the last one. Now that we don't have the stupid Nate and Vixon doomed love story.

Also how is this a lesbian propaganda show?

yaBoi

X-pert Professional
Platinum Member
man why they have to make Constantine gay. . smh

i mean half the heros in this universe fucking gay. shit is pathetic

legends is still good show though

Last edited:

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
man why they have to make Constantine gay. . smh

i mean half the heros in the univer6is fucking gay. shit is pathetic

legends is still good show though

Constantine is bi in the comics fam..

I think it was mentioned back in the early days of Hellblazer. It just wasn’t made explicit until like 4 to 5 years ago.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Why Legends of Tomorrow Aren't In The Arrowverse Elseworlds Crossover
ADVERTISING

DC's Legends of Tomorrow won't be part of this year's Arrowverse crossover Elseworlds. The Legends played key roles in the previous crossover events: 2016'sInvasion!, where they joined the other superheroes in fending off an alien attack by the Dominators, and 2017's Crisis on Earth-X, where Nazi doppelgangers from a fascist 53rd Earth attempted to literally steal Supergirl's (Melissa Benoist) heart and conquer Earth-1. However, the time-traveling heroes won't be in 2018's Elseworlds.

This year's Elseworlds crossover will bring together the titular heroes from Supergirl, Arrow, and The Flash to face a new threat to reality that will also introduce Batwoman (Ruby Rose) and Gotham City to The CW's shared superhero universe. Also in Elseworlds will be the return of Superman (Tyler Hoechlin), the debut of Lois Lane (Elizabeth Tulloch), and even John Wesley Shipp once again playing The Flash from his 1990 CBS series. They're facing off against malevolent Arkham Asylum doctor John Deegan (Jeremy Davies) and an otherworldly being called The Monitor (LaMonica Garrett).

Related: Arrowverse Elseworlds Trailer Breakdown And Secrets

So while the rest of their fellow superheroes try to deal with The Flash (Grant Gustin) and Green Arrow (Stephen Amell) switching bodies, here are the real world and also the in-universe reasons why Legends of Tomorrow is sitting out Elseworlds.

THE REASONS LEGENDS OF TOMORROW ARE SKIPPING ELSEWORLDS

Legends of Tomorrow's absence from Elseworlds mostly breaks down to logistics. With so many superheroes involved, which includes special guests like Batwoman, Superman, Black Suit Superman, Lois Lane, and the 1990 Flash, there would be little more for a cast as large as the Legends to do besides make token appearances and say a few lines of expository dialogue. In addition, executing the annual crossover, which means coordinating the actors, crews, and production staff across four series is extremely difficult. It lessened the logistical burden for the entire production to limit the crossover to three series.

ADVERTISING
Ultimately, the Arrowverse's brain trust opted to let the Legends keep doing their own thing, which suits Legends of Tomorrow's showrunner Phil Klemmer just fine:

"I was happy to have sit this year out just because we only have 16 and our run of episodes was so tight and integrated. [Crossovers are] always a blast but it is a departure. I'm glad we got to do a straight run this year."

The Legends are kind of the outliers of the Arrowverse anyway so it makes sense that they miss this year's big crisis. However, while the series isn't part of Elseworlds, the crossover is bound to contain several surprises and it's possible one of them might involve a Legend or two.

ADVERTISING
Related: Arrowverse Characters Already Dead When The Elseworlds Crossover Begins

INSTEAD, LEGENDS IS HAVING THEIR OWN CROSSOVER... WITH THEMSELVES

Of course, the Legends of Tomorrow have their own massive problem to deal with, thanks to John Constantine literally breaking time itself. The British warlock did a forbidden thing and altered a fixed point in time, sparing his lover Desmond Leveau from banishment in Hell under the thrall of the demon Neron. In doing so, Constantine created a time ripple that struck all of the Legends and the agents of the Time Bureau. As the Legends now race to repair the damage Constantine caused, they will encounter alternate versions of themselves across alternate timelines. Essentially, they're having a crossover... with themselves.

The preview for Legends of Tomorrow's midseason finale "Legends of To-Meow-Meow" teases Sara Lance (Caity Lotz), Ava Sharpe (Jes Macallan), and Gideon (Amy Pemberton) becoming a version of Charlie's Angels, the heroes will revisit previous events in season 4 like when they faced a killer unicorn at Woodstock 1969, and they will even meet puppet versions of themselves, all while Zari Tomas (Tala Ashe) is stuck as a cat.

So, it's pretty much a typical week for Legends of Tomorrow, who deal with enough bizarre chaos in their regular adventures that they really don't need to be part of Elseworlds.

ADVERTISING
NEXT: LEGENDS OF TOMORROW: 8 BIGGEST QUESTIONS FROM THE PEE WEE HERMAN EPISODE
DC's Legends of Tomorrow's midseason finale airs Monday, December 10th @ 9 PM on The CW.

slam

aka * My Name Is Not $lam *
Super Moderator
man wtf....:angry:

this shit gotta stop;;;;

now Constantine a fag ...:hmm:

:smh:

p5ych3

Curry Is My God
BGOL Patreon Investor
man wtf....:angry:

this shit gotta stop;;;;

now Constantine a fag ...:hmm:

:smh:

thats the bullshit i can't stand. first i thought it was going to be a supernatural cross over then.....they gotta ruin every damn thing

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
and the lil jab they threw at the crossover episodes with flash, arrow and supergirl

Very very well done.

This show ability to be so distinctive and create its own unique voice am ok ng all these different shows is impressive.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
ARROW RUMORED TO BE CANCELED
Matt McGloinPosted: 02/22/2019 - 23:1314 Comments
It is being claimed that both Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow will be canceled and come to an end by The CW following the next season on the television network.

It's said both of the shows will end following the 2019-20 broadcast year and the Crisis On Infinite Earths event, which may have something to do with the cancelations.

Apparently, following Crisis On Infinite Earths, the Arrowverse landscape will be "drastically different." It's unknown what exactly that means, but it is being speculated it may mean Greg Berlanti and company may be making the Arrowverse one respective universe. Presently, Arrow and The Flash and Legends of Tomorrow are a part of one universe, with Supergirl and Batwoman in their own universe. It could be possible that following Crisis, there is some sort of new single CW DC TV universe. Crisis On Infinite Earths is the next big CW Arrowverse crossover already said to be their biggest crossover ever.

Update: It is also being claimed Supergirl may get canceled.

crisis-infinite-earths.jpg

Arrow Season 8 is greenlit for next year as is Legends of Tomorrow Season 5. Stephen Amell has been playing Oliver Queen for a while, so the possibility that next year will be his last year could be very possible. Regarding Legends of Tomorrow, I do believe it is the lowest rated of the Arrowverse shows. What I actually find more interesting is that Warner Bros. is developing movies for both Supergirl and The Flash, and we know that WB doesn't like to have their characters on both the big and small screens at the same time, so what happens to The CW Supergirl and The Flash shows when the movies come out? Sounds like a crisis to me, eh?

(rumor via wegothiscovered)

legends-tomorrow.jpg

arrowverse.jpg

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Legends of Tomorrow's Ava Sharpe Signs on as Season 5 Regular

Jes Macallan, who currently stars as Time Bureau Director Ava Sharpe on DC's Legends of Tomorrow, has signed a deal to return to The CW program as a series regular for its upcoming fifth season.

RELATED: Legends of Tomorrow Just Broke the Timeline & the Consequence Is Bonkers

Macallan first boarded Legends of Tomorrow as then-Time Bureau Agent Ava Sharpe when the DC television series kicked off its third season in late 2017. Sharpe was soon promoted to head of the agency and Macallan herself to a series regular for Season 4 after the Mistresses alum signed a one-year deal, which has now been extended to include Season 5, Deadline reports.

ADVERTISING
Legends of Tomorrow is currently in the middle of its midseason break and is slated to return for the back half of Season 4 in one month's time. Late this past January, it was announced that the series had been preemptively renewed for Season 5 alongside the news that all of The CW's other DC TV shows had also been renewed for an additional season each.

RELATED: RUMOR: Crisis on Infinite Earths Will Result in Two Arrowverse Shows Ending

Airing Mondays at 9 p.m. ET/PT on The CW, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow stars Caity Lotz, Dominic Purcell, Brandon Routh, Nick Zano, Maisie Richardson-Sellers, Tala Ashe, Matt Ryan, Jes Macallan and Courtney Ford. The series returns for its midseason premiere on April 1.

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
ARROW RUMORED TO BE CANCELED
Matt McGloinPosted: 02/22/2019 - 23:1314 Comments
It is being claimed that both Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow will be canceled and come to an end by The CW following the next season on the television network.

It's said both of the shows will end following the 2019-20 broadcast year and the Crisis On Infinite Earths event, which may have something to do with the cancelations.

Apparently, following Crisis On Infinite Earths, the Arrowverse landscape will be "drastically different." It's unknown what exactly that means, but it is being speculated it may mean Greg Berlanti and company may be making the Arrowverse one respective universe. Presently, Arrow and The Flash and Legends of Tomorrow are a part of one universe, with Supergirl and Batwoman in their own universe. It could be possible that following Crisis, there is some sort of new single CW DC TV universe. Crisis On Infinite Earths is the next big CW Arrowverse crossover already said to be their biggest crossover ever.

Update: It is also being claimed Supergirl may get canceled.

crisis-infinite-earths.jpg

Arrow Season 8 is greenlit for next year as is Legends of Tomorrow Season 5. Stephen Amell has been playing Oliver Queen for a while, so the possibility that next year will be his last year could be very possible. Regarding Legends of Tomorrow, I do believe it is the lowest rated of the Arrowverse shows. What I actually find more interesting is that Warner Bros. is developing movies for both Supergirl and The Flash, and we know that WB doesn't like to have their characters on both the big and small screens at the same time, so what happens to The CW Supergirl and The Flash shows when the movies come out? Sounds like a crisis to me, eh?

(rumor via wegothiscovered)

legends-tomorrow.jpg

arrowverse.jpg

Guess maybe the CW really is planning to do those Superman and Batwoman shows as possible replacements

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Legends of Tomorrow recap: Zari learns a lesson about love

By Chancellor Agard
April 15, 2019 at 10:15 PM EDT
FBTwitter

DEAN BUSCHER/THE CW

DC's Legends of Tomorrow
S4 E11
TYPE
  • TV Show
GENRE
NETWORK
Music has been a surprisingly big part of Legends of Tomorrow’s fourth season. We had the singing Disney fairy godmother in episode 2, a trip to punk rock London in episode 3 “Dancing Queen,” and the deliriously fantastic Puppets of Tomorrow in the midseason finale. But the outbursts of musicality in all three of those episodes were rather short and, in hindsight, feel like they were preparing us for tonight’s Zari-centric episode, which boasts an ambitious and charming Bollywood musical number.

Yes, the dance sequence is great and is better than any action set-piece, but it wouldn’t have worked nearly as well without the episode’s focus on Zari’s emotional development. In the same way “Here I Go Again” used a time loop to explore her relationship with her teammates, this episode attempts to get underneath her skin once again to reveal why she’s guarded, and the Bollywood number is a delightful part of her journey.

Before we get to that exceedingly fun musical sequence, though, we must begin in Washington, D.C. in 2019 — specifically, at Hank Heywood’s funeral. Even though they all want to be there for Nate, a couple of the Legends want to get out as quickly as possible. First, we have Zari, who shares a near-kiss moment with Nate in his bedroom right before the wake begins and has no idea how to process her feelings. Then, there’s Ray, who felt awkward showing up in the first place because his pen-pal/crush is accused of killing Hank. Ray and Nate share a very cute moment where they reaffirm their love for each other, but the awkwardness returns when Ray receives a message from Nora asking for her help. Luckily for Ray and Zari, something goes bump in the time stream and causes Jane Austen to abandon her fledgling writing career, which gives them an excuse to flee the Heywood residence.

While Mick and Constantine hang back at the wake, Sara, Charlie, Zari, and Jane Austen super-fan/hopeless romantic Mona plot a course for Regency-era England to save the day. When they arrive, the Legends discover that a mysterious outbreak of lust is sweeping the country and causing everyone to abandon any sense of propriety. Mona and Sara decide to question Jane, who says that she actually doesn’t believe in romance and marrying for love, much to Mona’s disappointment. Meanwhile, Zari stumbles on the magical fugitive responsible for this lust plague: Kamadeva, the Hindu God of Love who is masquerading as a very attractive coachman. At first, Zari makes out with him, but once she discovers who he is, she slaps the cuffs on him.

Unfortunately, capturing the fugitive doesn’t set Jane’s career back on course, but it’s too late in the evening to talk to Jane again, so they decide to wait until the morning. As everyone drifts off to sleep, the fugitive blows some magic dust into the Waverider’s vents, which causes everyone onboard to have the horniest of dreams. Nora, who’s stowed away in Ray’s cabin, dreams of him getting in bed with her, while Zari dreams about having a threesome with Nate and the fugitive.

The fugitive’s dreams aren’t all fun and sexy times, though. Mona dreams about the Kaupe, which breaks her heart all over again. Zari, typically guarded and somewhat out-of-touch with her feelings, tries to comfort her — and by that I mean Zari tells Mona she needs to get some perspective because she didn’t really know Kaupe for that long. That’s the last thing a romantic like Mona needed to hear and the two women end up having a fight about the value of romance and love that ends with Mona transforming into Wolfie and storming off to confront Jane Austen for not believing the romance she put in her books.

In the wake of her fight with Mona, Zari confronts the fugitive, who reveals that his name is actually Sanjay and his power comes from Kamadeva’s ashes, which he collected in a vial thousands of years ago. In their ensuing scene, Zari opens up about why she’s so resistant to the idea of love, both the kind Mona is advocating for and her own feelings about Nate. She comes from a time when she was so focused on survival that she never had room for love because it could get her killed. I particularly loved the fact that the show tied Zari’s guarded nature back to where we met her in season 3. Believing Zari actually yearns to be free, Sanjay offers her the power of Kamadeva. She says what the hell and takes a hit of the powder. Cue love sick Zari!

Entranced and infatuated, Zari impulsively asks Sanjay to marry her, and Kamadeva’s ashes inspire her to open up about her feelings in song — specifically a Bollywood musical number. Using the powder, she draws everyone into the song-and-dance piece, which was mostly about the joy of throwing sense aside and surrendering to love. However, Mona, who received some advice from Jane, shows up midway through and tells Zari that real love isn’t about losing complete control. Mona’s bit of advice puts a crack in the spell, which shatters completely once Sanjay admits that he has a thousand wives. As the number ends, Zari vows to keep herself open to the possibility of love. In other words, this episode has been about Zari and Mona finding some middle ground between keeping oneself completely closed from the world (Zari) and doing absolutely anything for love.

Meanwhile back at the Heywood home, Nate has an emotional breakthrough. After his mother tells a touching story about the time Hank dressed up as Mickey Mouse just to cheer Nate up, Nate discovers his father’s secret room and more specifically what he was up to at the Time Bureau: His men were testing the magical creatures because he wanted to build a theme park where people could visit them, which is something Nate dreamed up as a kid. The theme park would’ve been called “Heyworld.” That’s some classic whimsical Legends nonsense, but it works because of the emotion in the scene as Nate realizes just how much his father did love him (in his own insane way), and Nick Zano delivers a moving and emotional performance.

At the same time, Constantine also makes a shocking discovery: Hank has been working with Neron, who looks very much like Desmond. It’s still unclear if Neron is Desmond, or if he’s just using his body as a vessel. Either way, there are hard times ahead for Constantine.

Wall of Weird:

• “We’re so not passing the Bechdel test right now,” Zari, when Sara, Charlie, and Mona tease her about crushing on Nate.
  • During the Bollywood musical number, Ray and Nora express their feelings to each other. It’s dorky and cute, and I love it.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
It was getting good and its floundering a little now might be close to time to wrap things uo.

I actually think this season has been really good..

But...

I hate to say this ... cause I fucking love this character and the actor that plays him..

But Constantine seems out of place on this show...

He needs his own shit....

I need DC to step it the fuck up and give this man.. another shot. I think he is just too serious for the Legends... I would actually prefer Nora... she fits in much better.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
But the thing I hate is that They always fucking have to have Nate and Ray be the ones with the love interest.. it’s time to give Rory some love