Breaking News Kaepernick Settles with NFL Drops Suit

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I can tell some of you have never been to court for anything.

Sometimes over playing you hand backfires because you piss off the judge when you appear to be unreasonable...

Also no way he has the resources for an overly long drawn out fight and Lawyers are only willing to stand firm for so long waiting on a cut...

And he would be stupid if getting on a roster was even his thought....

We know ge had little support from players and have no idea how many were against him....

Hell of a gamble to depend on them for his health and safety

doggish_098

Rising Star
Registered
I don't know where this came from.
Confusing the 2 issues is fuck shit
1. He spoke up about social injustice. He talked about poor people the police and things wrong with the racist system.
2. He was held out of a job he was qualified to do because of that.
3. He sued saying he was held out of said job because he was speaking out about social injustice.

Which part is never about the money? That makes NO SENSE.
If they allowed him to do what his profession was he wouldn't be suing them in the first place and he'd be getting paid
It was always about the fairness to EARN A LIVING
lol
We will see how it plays out we will see if the settlement alters the way he goes about “protesting” or taking his stance. It just broke so we have to see how it plays out. But right now with limited details it feels like he sold his cause out for the bread.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
We will see how it plays out we will see if the settlement alters the way he goes about “protesting” or taking his stance. It just broke so we have to see how it plays out. But right now with limited details it feels like he sold his cause out for the bread.

You're still not making any sense man.
You do realize that if this went to court and he won he'd be getting paid right? lol
The end result of this suit was always a financial settlement because of their collusion. Either they would settle before court or they'd go to court and lose and be forced to settle.
So which outcome in your opinion means he didn't sell out for the bread he was going to win either way...which is why the NFL paid him before they got embarrassed any further?

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

giphy.gif

doggish_098

Rising Star
Registered
You're still not making any sense man.
You do realize that if this went to court and he won he'd be getting paid right? lol
The end result of this suit was always a financial settlement because of their collusion. Either they would settle before court or they'd go to court and lose and be forced to settle.
So which outcome in your opinion means he didn't sell out for the bread he was going to win either way...which is why the NFL paid him before they got embarrassed any further?
You settled and signed an NDA you basically have been silenced and can’t tell your side of the story anymore

Entrepronegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
He sold out for the money.

Just like when he once said last time when he wanted a team to sign him that he will now stand for the anthem if somebody signed him.

He worked the system in his favour. I doubt he really gave a shit about what was being done to black people. He did what he did cause he had inside information about what was going on with the NFL and it's executives. He knew his time as a starter had come to an end so he said fuck it I'm gonna kneel for the anthem cause I already got dirt on them muthafuckas so let me go win a case off them bastards so I don't gotta suit up ever again playing the game.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
You settled and signed an NDA you basically have been silenced and can’t tell your side of the story anymore

What side? lol
The side that said he was colluded against?
He doesn't need to say I was held out of a job. WE SAW IT
and the nfl paid him for it
and neither of those things have ANYTHING to do with speaking up about social injustice
SO AGAIN
what are you getting at?

yaBoi

X-pert Professional
Platinum Member
He sold out for the money.

Just like when he once said last time when he wanted a team to sign him that he will now stand for the anthem if somebody signed him.

He worked the system in his favour. I doubt he really gave a shit about what was being done to black people. He did what he did cause he had inside information about what was going on with the NFL and it's executives. He knew his time as a starter had come to an end so he said fuck it I'm gonna kneel for the anthem cause I already gor dirt on them muthafuckas so let me go win a case of them bastards so I don't gotta suit up ever again playing the game.
this nigga just said Kap sold out for money LMAO!!!!

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol::roflmao:

Tha Great Muta

Rising Star
Platinum Member

What are you talking about....like seriously?

How is the settlement gonna alter the way he protest when he's not even on a roster? Like how it plays out? This entire time he's been OUT OF THE LEAGUE...the case has already played out...
And to put it simple...paying out/ a settlement is pretty much a admission of WRONGDOING.

Like what the fuck are you even talking about? Why do you think he sued the NFL? To NOT get any money? Like it was a LAWSUIT. What the fuck are you talking "sold his cause out".

You know what a lawsuit is right? Like what do you think he would have gotten if he won?

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
He had the case won he knew it and the NFL knew it.
I personally think that number is LOW but we won't know

but that has to be TOTAL right?

For both HIM and Reid?
RIGHT?

Reid JUST got resigned to the Panthers!

sidebar...

how is THAT gonna work?

They gonna drug test Reid every hour!

"THE MAN"

Resident Cool Nerd
BGOL Investor
This outcome reminds me of why I hate Twitter movements. People saying but this won't protect the black players and he was supposed to take the system down. When the fuck was that ever said?! They took away his career because he decided to peacefully protest. And he made them blink. If he was about shutting down the system and protecting black players then THEY should have shut the shit down every Sunday instead of kneeling with racists like Jerry Jones.

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
I can tell some of you have never been to court for anything.

Sometimes over playing you hand backfires because you piss off the judge when you appear to be unreasonable...

Also no way he has the resources for an overly long drawn out fight and Lawyers are only willing to stand firm for so long waiting on a cut...

And he would be stupid if getting on a roster was even his thought....

We know ge had little support from players and have no idea how many were against him....

Hell of a gamble to depend on them for his health and safety

It's fucked up the NFLPA,these black organizations and politicians didn't help him at all....I'm more so upset with the players though;they complain about these owners having too much power yet they never unite for any cause unless money is involved..

durham

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Number NFL team officials are speculating to me is the NFL paid Kaepernick in the $60 to $80 million range.

Well GOTDAMN

Now let's hope he starts a school in whatever city he settles down in, and raises educated, self aware Black leaders who can become quality cops, servicemen, judges, lawyers and a second coming of Michelle Obama.

I wish the record was public, so that he could talk about it.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Well GOTDAMN

Now let's hope he starts a school in whatever city he settles down in, and raises educated, self aware Black leaders who can become quality cops, servicemen, judges, lawyers and a second coming of Michelle Obama.

He's already doing enough
This suit was about him not being able to earn a living because of how he feels about social injustice.
So now he'll be compensated for the wages LOST

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Well GOTDAMN

You know?

I ain't gonna do that.

He ALREADY showed and proved

and got VERY LITTLE SUPPORT from the public and his brothers in the NFL.

Whatever he chooses to do?

is fine by me.

I ain't holding HIM to a HIGHER standard then all the OTHER athletes who have made that much and MORE on a rookie contract.

He made his sacrifice. He got this.

good.

It does NOT always work out that way. actually it USUALLY doesn't.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
What do you mean? It's just gonna be business as usual for Reid (who still takes a knee for the anthem btw)

It's a really sad look for Malcolm Jenkins who probably took a much shittier deal from the owners to stand up. Nigga played himself.

What I mean is they ALREADY harassing Reid with the frequent drug tests, and the fines.

What they gonna do to that man NOW?

the_male_feminist

BANNED
Registered
He was cut a nice check. They had major dirt on those owners and head officials at the NFL. The NFL didn't want none of that info to be seen by the public. I love how Kaep played this.
So he took money in order to hide white supremacy? How is that not s sell out