Tariq Nasheed shitting on John Lewis, calls him "buck dancer" "civil rights nigga".

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I said racist there's a difference. Check your analogy. He and Sean King are the only that I know of that exposes racist groups

semantics aide..Tariq simply reports what has been reported, just as there is no new information in his videos there is nothing new he brings to the discussion.

i have said before and i will continue to give him credit for finding a niche amongst the lazy who would rather have somebody feed them information than seek it

Backshot Bully

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm a member of the national democratic party, the ACLU, a financial supporter of the splc, have volunteered for various campaigns since 1990.

I've made phone calls and canvassed neighborhoods.

I've seen voting make real change in my city and state.

I've poured money into programs to house clothe and feed people.

I've personally purchased vouchers so homeless folks could stay in shelters.

I'm not bragging, I'm telling you why that jackass offends me so much.

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member
I'll never understand why people send money to online personalities. I can enjoy everything this guy is best at while keeping my wallet closed. His commentary is entertaining and engaging. I can get that for free. What kind of person needs to pay for DVDs full of interviews of the same people saying the same thing? Who buys his knockoff products, tshirts, etc? And I know damn well no one is taking him seriously as an RnB singer! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:!! Shit seems like a parody. Why pay to see this side show in real life when you can laugh at his clown sessions for free? Dude makes some great points. But he has never said anything that I'm willing to pay to hear.
I couldn't have put it better myself. :lol:

Gully

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Exactly. I've met John Lewis and I'm privy to some info that would not cast him in a good light where young ambitious black people are concerned. I lost a lot of respect for Mr. Lewis when I saw what he did to a young black girl that was trying to get his nomination for West Point. Not a good look at all.

Yeah man. He has been protected at all cost. Many of these Civil Rights brothers are bought and paid for. The ones you see out front, are the ones who push the agendas that they are told to push. There were many men who put their life on the line, and get no credit now because they won't play them white folks game. The brother Willie Ricks (Mukassa) did just as much as Lewis, and nobody knows him. Sit down with this brother, and he will give you the real on many of the elders involved in the movement.

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member
Yeah man. He has been protected at all cost. Many of these Civil Rights brothers are bought and paid for. The ones you see out front, are the ones who push the agendas that they are told to push. There were many men who put their life on the line, and get no credit now because they won't play them white folks game. The brother Willie Ricks (Mukassa) did just as much as Lewis, and nobody knows him. Sit down with this brother, and he will give you the real on many of the elders involved in the movement.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Drayonis

Thedogyears.com
BGOL Investor
1. It's not hate.
2. There is a difference between not living a perfect life (which no one has) and being a Black public figure who repeatedly and publicly claims a code, but constantly breaks it by going on the attack against other Black folks as he celebrates his own pettiness. Who appointed Tariq judge and jury - the decider of who is legit and who's not? What qualifies him for that position?

Bingo

Hotlantan

Beep beep. Who's got the keys to the Jeep? VROOM!
BGOL Investor
Anyone who expects human beings to remain pure and perfect over a lifetime is setting themselves up for inevitable disappointment. John Lewis has been in the national spotlight for literally 60 years - one or two or five possible disagreements of judgement over 60 years is called being human.

Because he cared for one person YOU did not approve of? Because he declined to give someone YOU knew a letter of recommendation? To cherry pick these differences of opinion and highlight them to publicly shit on his overall legacy is PETTY as FUCK.

:sad:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Lewis_(civil_rights_leader)

Soul On Ice

Democrat 1st!
Certified Pussy Poster
Not if your mind is made up on that shit lol
I'm surprised you'd say that this guy does more for black America and speaks more in our favor than anyone else

It's like Ta-nehisi Coates
Clint smith and vann newkirk don't exist
Clint Smith is solid
Them other 2 is no comparison lol

Soul On Ice

Democrat 1st!
Certified Pussy Poster
Two Things...

Like an Elder said to me ages ago (and I'm sure some here my age range have heard this)
There are TWO types of OUR People,
"Negroes" and "Black People".
"Negroes" did shit and made Ultimate Sacrifices.
"Black People" ain't Shit and barely followed up on the actions of "Negroes".
As I got older, I understood this completely.
Guess which one John Lewis is
And guess which one Tariq is.

The Other Thing (somewhat related to my first "thing")...
As I've stated on this board time and again,
If I had a Time Machine,

I'd throw every ignorant Mother Fucker who pounces on those who battled in the various Historical Battles we've faced in this country before the 80s. Let these whining Fuckers deal with what our Past Peeps did. See if they can handle it.
So you prefer to be called Negro fam?

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Clint Smith is solid
Them other 2 is no comparison lol
You just called Ta-nehisi Coates them other two fam lolol

You wrong on this one it's ok to be wrong there's no ill will.

Tariq is known in a specific subgroup and has a huge following in this subgroup and it's awesome he does

The people I named off the top of my head last night.....I have more names now.... Don't have a subgroup. They exist in international space speaking directly to black and others about the historical difficulties faced past and present calling white ppl to task daily...with every word.

Soul On Ice

Democrat 1st!
Certified Pussy Poster
Who went through a religious conversion and worked for his people..And died broke.

What conversion did Tariq go through? What had Tariq done for the betterment of anybody but himself

Stop reaching.....in fact, you should apologize for even suggesting there is a comparison between Brother Minister and that charlatan
I didn't compare them (you know this)
My point was that you can't say people are the same and can never change.

And Tariq holds it down for Black People every day
Twitter
Documentaries
TV appearances
Public speeches

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I didn't compare them (you know this)
My point was that you can't say people are the same and can never change.

And Tariq holds it down for Black People every day
Twitter
Documentaries
TV appearances
Public speeches

we will agree to disagree when it comes to Tariq..

My view is Tariq is a hustler and there is nothing wrong with that but he is not holding it down for anybody but himself.

Tariq to me is the same as the majority or Sunday morning pimps and poverty pimps.

What you say he does is done every day by many on this board without a price tag attached.

But if you think he has value it isn't my place to dispute or try to change his mind. We are not monolithic and there is a place for different views in our community.

HAR125LEM

Rising Star
Platinum Member
So you prefer to be called Negro fam?

That wasn't the point of that conversation I had. That Elder I spoke to some years ago, was talking more in terms of actions and sacrifices. Dude around that time of our "discussion" felt way too people were talking loud and not following up. Not doing shit. That was his point. Not what we were calling ourselves. Which was my initial response.

Mo-Better

The R&B Master
OG Investor
John Lewis faced the KKK, racist cops, troopers, dogs, fire hoses, beatings and was injured with a skull fracture on Bloody Sunday fighting for our rights to just be men. Nasheed needs to STFU! First do something notable before thinking your qualified to speak on another black man with John Lewis's record. :smh:

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered
Civil Rights has led to whites choosing these bottom of the barrel blacks to hire and promote within their much larger companies. These blacks are always looking to show their undying love for whitey. Boyce Watkins and Colin Kaepernick is an example of how quickly their treatment turn when you exhibit defiance.

This is not diversity, we need our own economic and political systems.

Last edited:

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
John Lewis faced the KKK, racist cops, troopers, dogs, fire hoses, beatings and was injured with a skull fracture on Bloody Sunday fighting for our rights to just be men. Nasheed needs to STFU! First do something notable before thinking your qualified to speak on another black man with John Lewis's record. :smh:

Tariq got some threats on Twitter though. :dunno:

Mo-Better

The R&B Master
OG Investor
If anything we need to stop with the negatives against our own. Its bad enough others denounce our efforts but when were doing it to our own, it just further exposes our weaknesses as a people.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
If anything we need to stop with the negatives against our own. Its bad enough others denounce our efforts but when were doing it to our own, it just further exposes our weaknesses as a people.

You might not agree with some of his stances, at the end of the day John Lewis is a politician. But he shouldn't be grouped with Larry Elder and Ben Carson as if there isn't a difference.

Especially when was on the front line risking his life when shit was real. Tariq the Hustler's fight isn't close to his.

Mo-Better

The R&B Master
OG Investor
You might not agree with some of his stances, at the end of the day John Lewis is a politician. But he shouldn't be grouped with Larry Elder and Ben Carson as if there isn't a difference.

Especially when was on the front line risking his life when shit was real. Tariq the Hustler's fight isn't close to his.

Exactly! What has Nasheed actually done in the line of civil rights? Nothing yet he has the audacity to be talking about Lewis. :smh:

hardawayz16

Rising Star
Registered

Under those qualifications who IS allowed to criticize him???

He is allowed to be challenged if you disagree with his (current) political views and actions, right?

Soul On Ice

Democrat 1st!
Certified Pussy Poster
You just called Ta-nehisi Coates them other two fam lolol

You wrong on this one it's ok to be wrong there's no ill will.

Tariq is known in a specific subgroup and has a huge following in this subgroup and it's awesome he does

The people I named off the top of my head last night.....I have more names now.... Don't have a subgroup. They exist in international space speaking directly to black and others about the historical difficulties faced past and present calling white ppl to task daily...with every word.
Here is where we agree to disagree. And that's cool
:cheers: