Cigar Smokers A.K.A Cigar Aficionados - Ongoing

kirkout

DCPG
BGOL Investor
You don't like those Maduro Leaf's? I think they pretty darn good.

I haven't tried the Las Calaveras yet....
No, not really. I think I am biased concerning those sticks, though. I feel like the tobacco leaf they wrap the finished cigar in is a gimmick to lure newbies. A good cigar don’t need gimmicks. A cigar should stand on its own — no frills, no gimmicks. That’s just me though.

CORNBREAD

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You don't like those Maduro Leaf's? I think they pretty darn good.

I haven't tried the Las Calaveras yet....
Leaf by Oscar are pretty good.. I like the concept of a cigar wrapped in tobacco leaf. I need to show off my collection

CORNBREAD

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
No, not really. I think I am biased concerning those sticks, though. I feel like the tobacco leaf they wrap the finished cigar in is a gimmick to lure newbies. A good cigar don’t need gimmicks. A cigar should stand on its own — no frills, no gimmicks. That’s just me though.
I agree.. Nuthin wrong with being bias... In my opinion this is an exception .. Oscar by Leaf (a small manufacturer) is a good cigar. Cigar wrapped in more tobacco (tobacco leaf) is a good idea.I tried my first one in Harlem's Cigar lounge...and been a fan ever since.

Last edited:

CORNBREAD

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Good Draw.. Easy burn.. No need to relight. I luv a good cigar that burns straight through

Get this leathery consistent taste.. With billows of smoke on each pull

Very consistent right now with the aroma.. Not complex.. And not intense.. Feelin a medium bodied cigar..and its holding its ash well.. Got a nice slow burn to it. Not spicy.. Just smooth. Good for a beginner. This may be my best Partagas smoke in a minute... Usually fucks with My Father.. Crownheads and Caldwells... but Im always open to whats new in the market.Oops my ash fell off after 15 minutes. Still smooth and very enjoyable.
This reminds me of when I past by Harlem Cigar lounge.. And saw beautiful Latino women and this one asian thick ass chick smoking a stogie while I walked past the spot... Should have stopped but it was all business that day... And when me and my girl was vacationing in D. R. Folks if u decide to by a Partagas 1845 u wont be disappointed unless u have a problem with box press cigars. I personally lean towards them cuz to me they hold well in my hand. The aroma havent changed which is fine with me.. Just very consistent with the cloud of smoke. I like the white band. It has a classic look to it.
The Partagas 1845 was V cut with a Colibri cutter,the cut of choice.. No more straight cuts for me.

This is truly a medium bodied cigar

I would keep one in the humidor . They dont disappoint. I would not consider this an EVERYDAY smoke.. It falls below ur high end stuff.

I dont see this medium cigar growing to full... Just very smooth and consistent. Oh now Im getting a peppery taste at the end.. Good cigar folks.

Burn time :60 plus minutes

Enjoy

Last edited:

kirkout

DCPG
BGOL Investor
I just finished one of these earlier. Pretty good stick. I’ve been on my Drew Estate thang since they dropped the Liga Privada Unico Serie’s Velvet Rat, Dirty Rat, Feral Pig, UF-13 and the new smaller sizes Liga Privadas. I have been in cigar heaven these past few weeks since the IPCPR. And an Opus X came out. I enjoyed a few of those too. I am waiting on the new Connecticut Corojo Liga Privada’s to hit the market.

CORNBREAD

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
How is the My Father? I have been meaning to pick one up since they hit the b&m’s last week.
My father.. La Gran Oferta.. are good... Smoother than THE JUDGE... Not as strong.... I like them... MF can never go wrong with me

Last edited:

CORNBREAD

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I just finished one of these earlier. Pretty good stick. I’ve been on my Drew Estate thang since they dropped the Liga Privada Unico Serie’s Velvet Rat, Dirty Rat, Feral Pig, UF-13 and the new smaller sizes Liga Privadas. I have been in cigar heaven these past few weeks since the IPCPR. And an Opus X came out. I enjoyed a few of those too. I am waiting on the new Connecticut Corojo Liga Privada’s to hit the market.
They are still in the box..I finally got my hands on last year's No. 1 cigar... A. Fuente's Don Carlos Eye of the Shark.

kirkout

DCPG
BGOL Investor
My father.. La Gran Oferta.. are good... Smoother than THE JUDGE. I like them... MF can never go wrong with me
I was a big Garcia Family cigar fan when Jaime Garcia came out with the My Father line. I kind of waned off from them though. I still enjoy their cigars from time to time, but they are really full-bodied cigars. Their cigars are still smooth even though they can be a power bomb, though. Now, I’ve heard the new ones are smooth and less powerful, so I will give them a try.

kirkout

DCPG
BGOL Investor
They are still in the box..I finally got my hands on last year's No. 1 cigar... A. Fuente's Don Carlos Eye of the Shark.

I had a few of those last year. I didn’t know they were rated #1. Lol. I do remember the stick being very good. I really enjoyed it. For me not knowing, I remember saying to myself this is a really nice cigar. Lol. Sometimes I am clueless to cigar ratings. I try new things, but I know what I like and who I like when it comes to cigars.

kirkout

DCPG
BGOL Investor
I like your cigar style @CORNBREAD You’re always welcomed to enjoy my cigar stash, because I know you will appreciate it and will return the favor. You’re the type of cigar pal to have. Silver ashes, my friend.

CORNBREAD

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I like your cigar style @CORNBREAD You’re always welcomed to enjoy my cigar stash, because I know you will appreciate it and will return the favor. You’re the type of cigar pal to have. Silver ashes, my friend.
Thank u

One day..when the time is right we will swap cigars and maybe do a review on BGOL.

CORNBREAD

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I had a few of those last year. I didn’t know they were rated #1. Lol. I do remember the stick being very good. I really enjoyed it. For me not knowing, I remember saying to myself this is a really nice cigar. Lol. Sometimes I am clueless to cigar ratings. I try new things, but I know what I like and who I like when it comes to cigars.
In case u r interested

http://top25.cigaraficionado.com/2017/

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
Had this asylum at the cigar bar last week

40072165_10155442031105443_567119589276647424_n.jpg

kirkout

DCPG
BGOL Investor
Had this asylum at the cigar bar last week

40072165_10155442031105443_567119589276647424_n.jpg
Do you enjoy cigars frequently? If not, I know that joint kicked your tail. The pepper blast from the beginning isn’t for the faint of heart. Lol. That’s a good cigar. I remember when Asylum 13 and Asylum’s and CLE came out back in 2011. Chris Eiroa sold Camacho cigars to Davidoff of Geneva. He then started Asylum, Asylum 13, and CLE. All very good cigars. If you’re a fan of Camacho cigars you will be a fan of these. Silver ashes...

Edit: Asylum 13 made the bigger ring gauge cigars popular (7x70 ring gauge) along with JFR.

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
Do you enjoy cigars frequently? If not, I know that joint kicked your tail. The pepper blast from the beginning isn’t for the faint of heart. Lol. That’s a good cigar. I remember when Asylum 13 and Asylum’s and CLE came out back in 2011. Chris Eiroa sold Camacho cigars to Davidoff of Geneva. He then started Asylum, Asylum 13, and CLE. All very good cigars. If you’re a fan of Camacho cigars you will be a fan of these. Silver ashes...

Edit: Asylum 13 made the bigger ring gauge cigars popular (7x70 ring gauge) along with JFR.
Regular cigar smoker here I liked the asylum, but they had a kuba kuba special that I wished I had tried instead.

Asylum was good but really acid and patron's are the only cigars that truly blow me away.

papi68

Rising Star
Platinum Member
If anybody in the NYC area is going to light up I keep sticks around me. Home, office and, car. Let me know when and where.

papi68

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Apparently the best way to truly get all of the tastes of cigars is to smoke but also retrohale and blow the smoke out through your nose. Retrohaling allows your nose to pick up more subtle cigar flavors which in turn makes your taste buds pick up the actual different flavors.

I tried last night and could only get a little to blow out through my nose and almost felt like I was inhaling the smoke. Supposedly it will take practice because you have to not inhale the smoke but push it to the back of your throat and up through the nasal passages.

I just thought cigar smokers did it because it looked cool blowing through the nose. It actually has a purpose.
I recently started retrohaling and it blew my mind. Retrohaling will fuck you up if you're not careful.

GentlemanJack

Rising Star
OG Investor
I'm going to have to look for that white label Partagas stick I see its popping up alot in this thread. I didn't realize Eiroa made the Asylum brand as well he is a favorite of mine and Camacho has definitely fallen off since he sold it.

Locally in the Chi I see alot of cigar smokers getting on this Delicioso infused stick. The mint is literally breathtaking. The Drew Estates Undercrown maduro is still one of my favorite go to sticks I'm literally enjoying that joint as I type.