Cigar Smokers A.K.A Cigar Aficionados - Ongoing

CORNBREAD

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Thanks.

I have a Romeo 505 and a Romeo Anejo. The Anejo robusto was the first one I tried.

It was cool it had a sweet peppery cinnamon taste with like a

:lol: Thats fucking hilarious. Pun intended. Yo I gotta try that. How was this one?
cedar or oak flavor. It was good not too sharp not too dry.

It burned pretty well too.

Im saving the AOK for this Friday after I steam my mussels.
It's a good medium bodied cigar...nothing extravagant as far as the aroma. It doesn't leave a tight ash or give you billows of smoke...but the name is catchy. I've posted this cigar a few months ago, Here is their website
www.cigarbundlesofmiami.com/great-f-king-cigar-maduro-5-pack-sampler/. They have very good prices.Enjoy

Last edited:

CORNBREAD

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
[

My Father La Opulencia NEW

Combine My Father and Le Bijou and you've got Opulencia

My Father Cigars have come a long way since their start in a tiny cigar factory in Miami’s Little Havana nearly a decade and a half ago. Since then, they’ve grown into a go-to brand for cigar enthusiasts, regularly receiving outstanding reviews from critics and several top-25 honors. And we expect no less for the newest entry into this storied brand — My Father La Opulencia. A box-pressed vitola presented in six exquisite offerings, La Opulencia is here to redefine the premium cigar experience.

Featuring elements of the original My Father and Le Bijou, the La Opulencia utilizes an opulent Mexican Rosado Oscuro wrapper encasing flavorful Nicaraguan filler. This premium has a smooth and creamy taste with leather and cocoa nuances. Each sample that went across our office burnt beautifully and smoothly down to the end, and I'll admit I hated to put this one down. Don't miss out — secure yourself a few My Father La Opulencias today.
This shit is good!!

Last edited:

egatsby

Rising Star
Registered
Damn I was on Cigars heavy for like 6 months :lol: I was doing all kinds of research and smoking all the top brands. I got cool wit the staff at my cigar shop an everything. I haven't smoked since spring, maybe I'll go check some out.

We got the biggest an best Cigar shops here in Orlando called Coronas. That shit would be like Disneyworld to some of you cats :dance:

I've been to this spot a couple of times its official

kirkout

DCPG
BGOL Investor
[

My Father La Opulencia NEW

Combine My Father and Le Bijou and you've got Opulencia

My Father Cigars have come a long way since their start in a tiny cigar factory in Miami’s Little Havana nearly a decade and a half ago. Since then, they’ve grown into a go-to brand for cigar enthusiasts, regularly receiving outstanding reviews from critics and several top-25 honors. And we expect no less for the newest entry into this storied brand — My Father La Opulencia. A box-pressed vitola presented in six exquisite offerings, La Opulencia is here to redefine the premium cigar experience.

Featuring elements of the original My Father and Le Bijou, the La Opulencia utilizes an opulent Mexican Rosado Oscuro wrapper encasing flavorful Nicaraguan filler. This premium has a smooth and creamy taste with leather and cocoa nuances. Each sample that went across our office burnt beautifully and smoothly down to the end, and I'll admit I hated to put this one down. Don't miss out — secure yourself a few My Father La Opulencias today.
This shit is good!!

It is especially in the short robusto. The toro size is nice too.

kirkout

DCPG
BGOL Investor
I have to agree... I've had many Cubans and I can say that I'd take an El Rico Habano from Nicaragua over all of them. The Bolivar El Presidente (Cuban) was an excellent cigar though. I may not have a sophisticated palette either. When I hear people say, "There's hints of chocolate and citrus;" I be like, "Where in the f*ck they taste that at?" Now, if its an infused cigar (like those from Drew Estate), I can taste it. Personally though, I think these MoFos just blowin' smoke. No pun intended.
Try this...drink some sparkling water preferably Saratoga, but any sparkling water will do. That will clear your palette. As you gain experience in enjoying cigars you can taste the nuisances of a cigar. It’s not bullshit. Trust me. Also, gather your friends around and all of you guys get the same cigar and see what each of you get from the cigar.

kirkout

DCPG
BGOL Investor
Just a heads up. The Arturo Fuente Anejo is out for this year.

Also, the Truth (TheT) cigar from Caldwell, AJ Fernandez, and Matt Booth are out. In my opinion they are better than the AOK. Here is The T cigar cloaked in a Nicaraguan Habano wrapper:

0002787_the-t-sampler-by-caldwell-aj-booth_500.jpeg

kirkout

DCPG
BGOL Investor
The Hit & Run cigar by Caldwell cigars and Matt Booth is a nice cigar too. I had a couple of these too recently. It’s cloaked in an Ecuadorian Habano wrapper with Dominican longfillers. I don’t know what the binder is.

caldwell_hit_and_run.jpg

CORNBREAD

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The Hit & Run cigar by Caldwell cigars and Matt Booth is a nice cigar too. I had a couple of these too recently. It’s cloaked in an Ecuadorian Habano wrapper with Dominican longfillers. I don’t know what the binder is.

caldwell_hit_and_run.jpg
I haven't posted here in a minute but a few gems.I liked the Hit and Run but it' Nuthin like THE T. Bought a 5 pack and may have to get some more. My Father's (La Opulencia) are great cigars.Check out these babies

http://cigardojo.com/2016/08/aj-fernandez-bellas-artes-robusto-extra/
smoking one of these when the ball drops

Will post more later... we need to do a TOP FIVE on our favorite cigars

Last edited:

kirkout

DCPG
BGOL Investor
I haven't posted here in a minute but a few gems.I liked the Hit and Run but it' Nuthin like THE T. Bought a 5 pack and may have to get some more. My Father's (La Opulencia) are great cigars.Check out these babies

http://cigardojo.com/2016/08/aj-fernandez-bellas-artes-robusto-extra/
smoking one of these when the ball drops

Will post more later... we need to do a TOP FIVE on our favorite cigars

I am not a fan of the My Father's (La Opulencia). I don’t like it. That’s just me. However, I am a fan of the My Father Flor de las Antillas Maduro in a petite robusto. I’ve never had the nicarao exclusivo I will see if I can find them. It’s a Nicaraguan puro with a Nicaraguan habano wrapper with Nicaraguan binder and filler. That lets me know it’s going to be a powerhouse. Good find.

kirkout

DCPG
BGOL Investor
@CORNBREAD

Very Special Edition Roma Craft Wunder|Lust this cigar has Cuban filler and binder plus with some Nicaraguan filler. It’s a long story how they pulled it offf to be able to sale them in the states. It’s very smooth cigar, but still has some kick. I would say medium bodied.

E5168_D23_31_C8_404_D_AB59_AB4_BFD96_E4_BC.jpg

Special Edition Roma Craft Black Irish:

438_DF407_6_B00_4_FEE_A675_B60_C6230013_D.jpg

I had a couple of the Special Edition Roma Craft Sawtooth’s, but I enjoyed them all.

SIDESHOW

Uncle Juice
BGOL Investor
@CORNBREAD

Very Special Edition Roma Craft Wunder|Lust this cigar has Cuban filler and binder plus with some Nicaraguan filler. It’s a long story how they pulled it offf to be able to sale them in the states. It’s very smooth cigar, but still has some kick. I would say medium bodied.

I had a couple of the Special Edition Roma Craft Sawtooth’s, but I enjoyed them all.
My drunk ass JUST finished off one of these. Not bad

cs15iJD_d.jpg

kirkout

DCPG
BGOL Investor
My drunk ass JUST finished off one of these. Not bad

cs15iJD_d.jpg
You can never go wrong with a Brickhouse cigar. Have you tried the maduro version of the Brickhouse? One of my favorite go to cigars when the money is low. You can find those for $6.00, but it smokes and tastes like it cost much more.

CORNBREAD

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
@CORNBREAD

I need to try those.This just came in the mail

I might have post this earlier in the thread...Its a very good cigar

http://www.leafenthusiast.com/cigar-review-el-ano-1896-la-palina/

This one is real pungent after getting a whiff of it.I will get back to you after I smoke it

Las Calaveras EL 2018 Shipping in June
Las-Calaveras-Edicion-Limitada-2018-Band.jpeg

For the first time in its five-year history, the Las Calaveras will use Mexican tobacco.

Next month, Crowned Heads will ship the Las Calaveras Edición Limitada 2018 to retailers nationwide. Most of the core details around the cigar remain the same: three sizes plus a fourth in a sampler, 24-count boxes, made at My Father Cigars S.A. and the use of skulls.

Las-Calaveras-Edicion-Limitada-2018.jpeg

The latter is inspired by La Calavera Catrina, a zinc etching by José Guadalupe Posada. This year’s releases uses a Mexican San Andrés maduro wrapper, Nicaraguan binder and fillers from Nicaragua. Those skulls can be found in Mexico, particularly during late October, for the Días de los Muertos holiday, days of the dead. Crowned Heads says the release is to celebrate the lives lived by those who have passed away. While the release has been heavily inspired by Mexico and its culture, the cigars themselves have been a mixture of an Ecuadorian wrapper over Nicaraguan fillers.

“As 2018 marks the five-year anniversary of the Las Calaveras marca we felt it apropos to utilize a Mexican San Andrés (maduro) wrapper, which finishes a 100 percent Nicaraguan tobacco binder and filler blend,” said Jon Huber, Crowned Heads co-founder in a press release. “We also drew heavy packaging inspiration from the vibrant colors of the Día de los Muertos holiday.”

Las-Calaveras-Edicion-Limitada-2018-box.jpg

The four sizes are:

• Las Calaveras Edición Limitada 2018 LC46 (5 5/8 x 46) — $9.95 (Boxes of 24, $238.80)
  • Las Calaveras Edición Limitada 2018 LC50 (5 x 50) — $10.95 (Boxes of 24, $262.80)
  • Las Calaveras Edición Limitada 2018 LC54 (6 x 54) — $11.95 (Boxes of 24, $286.80)
  • Las Calaveras Edición Limitada 2018 Sampler Exclusive (5 1/2 x 56)
The sampler is priced at $42.95 and includes one of each of the four vitolas. It is limited to 3,000 units while each size is limited to 1,700 boxes.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/halfwheel.com/las-calaveras-el-2018-shipping-june/264216/amp

kirkout

DCPG
BGOL Investor
I need to try those.This just came in the mail

I might have post this earlier in the thread...Its a very good cigar

http://www.leafenthusiast.com/cigar-review-el-ano-1896-la-palina/

This one is real pungent after getting a whiff of it.I will get back to you after I smoke it

Las Calaveras EL 2018 Shipping in June
Las-Calaveras-Edicion-Limitada-2018-Band.jpeg

For the first time in its five-year history, the Las Calaveras will use Mexican tobacco.

Next month, Crowned Heads will ship the Las Calaveras Edición Limitada 2018 to retailers nationwide. Most of the core details around the cigar remain the same: three sizes plus a fourth in a sampler, 24-count boxes, made at My Father Cigars S.A. and the use of skulls.

Las-Calaveras-Edicion-Limitada-2018.jpeg

The latter is inspired by La Calavera Catrina, a zinc etching by José Guadalupe Posada. This year’s releases uses a Mexican San Andrés maduro wrapper, Nicaraguan binder and fillers from Nicaragua. Those skulls can be found in Mexico, particularly during late October, for the Días de los Muertos holiday, days of the dead. Crowned Heads says the release is to celebrate the lives lived by those who have passed away. While the release has been heavily inspired by Mexico and its culture, the cigars themselves have been a mixture of an Ecuadorian wrapper over Nicaraguan fillers.

“As 2018 marks the five-year anniversary of the Las Calaveras marca we felt it apropos to utilize a Mexican San Andrés (maduro) wrapper, which finishes a 100 percent Nicaraguan tobacco binder and filler blend,” said Jon Huber, Crowned Heads co-founder in a press release. “We also drew heavy packaging inspiration from the vibrant colors of the Día de los Muertos holiday.”

Las-Calaveras-Edicion-Limitada-2018-box.jpg

The four sizes are:

• Las Calaveras Edición Limitada 2018 LC46 (5 5/8 x 46) — $9.95 (Boxes of 24, $238.80)
  • Las Calaveras Edición Limitada 2018 LC50 (5 x 50) — $10.95 (Boxes of 24, $262.80)
  • Las Calaveras Edición Limitada 2018 LC54 (6 x 54) — $11.95 (Boxes of 24, $286.80)
  • Las Calaveras Edición Limitada 2018 Sampler Exclusive (5 1/2 x 56)
The sampler is priced at $42.95 and includes one of each of the four vitolas. It is limited to 3,000 units while each size is limited to 1,700 boxes.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/halfwheel.com/las-calaveras-el-2018-shipping-june/264216/amp

I had a couple of those Las Calaveras and I wasn’t impressed. Maybe they need to sit in the humi for a few weeks. However, I did like the La Palina’s. Where are you getting your cigar’s from?

kl33mann

Rising Star
Platinum Member
newbie for cigars...stopped cigarettes looong time ago.

Somebody dropped a mild cuban on me and I have been developping my palate on
L Uppman "Vintage Cameroons" and Southern Draw "Rose of Sharons" recently. The Nicaraguan issues have caused a drop in locally available Sharons.

I am not trying to impress anybody, but would like to know any products online or at stores
that might be in the mild to medium range not much over 10 bucks. I admit I tried padron last
week and wasted my money because I was not ready for it. Meantime I will check this threads
posts and links for info. 3 tops 4 per week for me: me and nikki aint hit it off in a loooong while.

CORNBREAD

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
newbie for cigars...stopped cigarettes looong time ago.

Somebody dropped a mild cuban on me and I have been developping my palate on
L Uppman "Vintage Cameroons" and Southern Draw "Rose of Sharons" recently. The Nicaraguan issues have caused a drop in locally available Sharons.

I am not trying to impress anybody, but would like to know any products online or at stores
that might be in the mild to medium range not much over 10 bucks. I admit I tried padron last
week and wasted my money because I was not ready for it. Meantime I will check this threads
posts and links for info. 3 tops 4 per week for me: me and nikki aint hit it off in a loooong while.

Enjoy the experience!!!

Cigar prices are a bit higher in this video... But they are worth trying.

You can learn plenty by patronizing a cigar lounge.

Last edited:

kl33mann

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Enjoy the experience!!!

Cigar prices are a bit higher in this video... But they are worth trying.

You can learn plenty by patronizing a cigar lounge.

[nge.[/QUOTE]
Good looking out tho I feel like I need a spittoon nearby inside. Gotta SodaStream this month so I can
clear the palate and deal with learning to retro-breathe and savor the smoke, coffee helps too.

kirkout

DCPG
BGOL Investor
I know most people like cognac with their cigars, I did as well. But now, I've made the switch to rum.
What are you guys pairing your cigars with? I like El Dorado, and Diplomatico.

2ls9m4n.jpg

2ls9m4n.jpg
Sparkling water! Pellegrino and Saratoga! Cheers!

kirkout

DCPG
BGOL Investor
Some of my recent purchases....

20180727_152223.jpg

0822172220.jpg

20171104_152654.jpg

20180516_163726.jpg

20180602_144822.jpg

20180723_165259.jpg

20180803_165826.jpg
More to add to your off the chain stock you already have? You have very good taste in cigars except those Las Calaveras and those Leaf by Oscar. Lol. Nice collection as usual from you.

M3MD

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
More to add to your off the chain stock you already have? You have very good taste in cigars except those Las Calaveras and those Leaf by Oscar. Lol. Nice collection as usual from you.

You don't like those Maduro Leaf's? I think they pretty darn good.

I haven't tried the Las Calaveras yet....