*** the official 2014-15 nba finals thread ***

l9ikjam

Star
OG Investor
I don't understand why people are making a big deal about lebron's stats when he got checked one on one the whole series by smaller guys. How can he supposedly have no help on the court but still get checked one on one? In this last game Cleveland had 2 people on curry the whole game. Golden state had 2 and sometimes 3 people checking harding but one person on lebron. I remember durant going against the grizzlies putting up similar numbers to what lebron put up in this series but with a higher shooting percentage and getting doubled and tripled team and everyone said he should have did more but the same people says lebron had no help and he was tired.

Darrkman

Hollis, Queens = Center of the Universe
BGOL Investor
XjZWzY5.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy S6

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Welcome to the real world homie.

My Boy Al been waiting since 75 for this shit. :lol::lol:

Him and pops are now :dance::dance::dance:

No more World B. Free jokes now, I used to miss clowning the shit outta him. :lol::(

:dance::dance::dance:

A couple years ago

One of these fans was a thunder fan

It wasn't me. If that's the case you a cavs fan and a heat fan and any team that have someone from Chicago on it. let's not go there.

Tdot_firestarta

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
yea man its weird. it makes sense for him to get paid on this team cause he has value. it doesn't make sense for another team to pay him cause he won't have the impact they need lol.

he seems like he's not taking any shorts either no discounts so we'll see.

i still can't believe this is real.

winning a title? man i wasn't alive the last time we won. i wasn't even thought of the last time the warriors won the championship and then to do it like this? best team on offense best team on defense mvp of the league and then nba championship.. and a fucking nba parade for a ring in oakland.

surreal

Congrats fam, I always found myself kinda rooting for the Warriors back in the day with Run TMC, sprewell, the Baron Davis years, etc. and loved last years team.

During this series I was rooting slightly more for Cleveland's unfortunate asses to finally win a chip but I ain't mad at The Warriors y'all really deserved the chip this year

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Congrats fam, I always found myself kinda rooting for the Warriors back in the day with Run TMC, sprewell, the Baron Davis years, etc. and loved last years team.

During this series I was rooting slightly more for Cleveland's unfortunate asses to finally win a chip but I ain't mad at The Warriors y'all really deserved the chip this year

that's what people not understanding. i was an infant when tmc was good.

for a good 8 years in a row we'd cultivate someone good and they'd go to another team and shine.

they just started going to the playoffs these past 3 season man.

and won is all?

ain't gotta win shit ever again.

ever

Mello Mello

Ballz of Adamantium
BGOL Investor
the path to NBA greatness....

be an individually great player

be an individually great player who helps build a great team

be an individually great player on a great team that wins

do all of the above multiple times

Russell...Magic...Kareem....MJ....Kobe....Duncan

they all followed the path.

LBJ's career arc seems to...for the most part...stop at step 1 even though he's seen 1-3 in his time to some extent....and though he's probably done more with that one step than anyone ever....its just one step on the path. I would really give him 1 yr where he truly executed 1-3...even though thats not 100% up to him as it wasnt 100% up to the greats that preceded him.
:yes: Well said. Co-sign.

unknownsoldier

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
that's what people not understanding. i was an infant when tmc was good.

for a good 8 years in a row we'd cultivate someone good and they'd go to another team and shine.

they just started going to the playoffs these past 3 season man.

and won is all?

ain't gotta win shit ever again.

ever

Congrats fam

Entrepronegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It's sad we didn't get to see this group in the finals. the warriors are so lucky.
congrats to Lebron for his effort in the series.

hi-res-6954c568aa49aa0ec926c5d36e669839_crop_north.jpg

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
the path to NBA greatness....

be an individually great player

be an individually great player who helps build a great team

be an individually great player on a great team that wins

do all of the above multiple times

Russell...Magic...Kareem....MJ....Kobe....Duncan

they all followed the path.

LBJ's career arc seems to...for the most part...stop at step 1 even though he's seen 1-3 in his time to some extent....and though he's probably done more with that one step than anyone ever....its just one step on the path. I would really give him 1 yr where he truly executed 1-3...even though thats not 100% up to him as it wasnt 100% up to the greats that preceded him.

Magic was drafted to a team that won 50 games the season before and also had one of the NBAs's greatest players of all time. Kareem. Magic didn't have to build a team..he was drafted to a good one. Same with Kobe..Was drafted by a great organization (well forced the trade) and then was linked up with Shaq immediately.

unknownsoldier

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Magic was drafted to a team that won 50 games the season before and also had one of the NBAs's greatest players of all time. Kareem. Magic didn't have to build a team..he was drafted to a good one. Same with Kobe..Was drafted by a great organization (well forced the trade) and then was linked up with Shaq immediately.

Don't forget Duncan also had the fortune of Robinson being there...who medically cleared to come back the year before, but was sat to ensure their draft position.

max-dawg

8 vs 80
OG Investor
It's sad we didn't get to see this group in the finals. the warriors are so lucky.
congrats to Lebron for his effort in the series.

hi-res-6954c568aa49aa0ec926c5d36e669839_crop_north.jpg

no homo... but why does lebron look 10 yrs younger in this photo?

and i hope kryie and kevin didn't get hurt when the camera man said, "smile."

Chitownheadbusa

♏|God|♏
BGOL Investor
Like it or not.....when we define GREAT PLAYERS...championships wil be a part of the discussion. Titles dont matter to some of you guys when yall choose your G.O.A.T.S..but tiles matter to LBJ. Why? Because he knows that only the BEST PLAYERS lead teams to title wins. Your GREATNESS will be determined by the roads that you took to greatness.

LBJ had 1-3 HEALTHY Allstar players riding with him in 4 of his 6 finals trips....yet he was only been able to win 2 times.

When Jordan had Allstars riding with him...he won every time he went to the finals....and he did it during a time where teams could play hard nose defense, had higher iq's, etc etc.

I takes a GREAT to build dynasties....LBJ aint that dude.
Simple as that!
.....lol

Ok ...Im done!

Last edited:

silentking

Occasional Superstar **
Registered

Don't forget Duncan also had the fortune of Robinson being there...who medically cleared to come back the year before, but was sat to ensure their draft position.

all true. Magic stands out the most in that regard...but he still emerged as a leader among great players. Kobe...I didnt really give dude his props til he led LA to 2 rings after Shaq. When I say help build a great team, that doesnt necessarily mean from scratch although sometimes it does. The draft is what it is. Unless you got the juice to force a trade, you end up where you end up. LBJ cheat coded to Miami...which is fine...it put him on a better path. Had he stuck it out there he would probably still be in better position to win rings than he is now, but he stays cookin up this story lines tryin to fast track to the GOAT conversation instead of just following the path.

Last edited:

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor

Yep. I was going to put that too but then would have just had to explain damn near all of them then :lol:

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
<iframe src="https://vine.co/v/OYwT9hBr6J1/embed/simple" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script src="https://platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js"></script>

max-dawg

8 vs 80
OG Investor
is this the first championship series where NO player on EITHER TEAM made a bank shot off the glass, on-purpose?

not a layup or put-back alley-oop, but a turn and face, squared-up jumper using the glass in the mid-range.

i watched all the games... i don't remember a single bank shot. :dunno:

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
<iframe src="https://vine.co/v/OYwT9hBr6J1/embed/simple" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script src="https://platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js"></script>

Damn man...youve been playing in the NBA all these years and your English is still THAT fucked up? :smh:

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
is this the first championship series where NO player on EITHER TEAM made a bank shot off the glass, on-purpose?

not a layup or put-back alley-oop, but a turn and face, squared-up jumper using the glass in the mid-range.

i watched all the games... i don't remember a single bank shot. :dunno:

the only reason there was a bank shot in the last 2 is because tim duncan was playing..

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Rising Star
Registered
Shit's crazy to me. he was the leading scorer, rebounder, and assist man for BOTH teams and people have shit to say:confused::confused:

in reality, it's really just clowns being clowns. if people realize how stupid they sound clowning him after the historic statistical series he just had, then I guess stupid is as stupid does.