*** the official 2014-15 nba finals thread ***

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
I recall this ninja RoadRage saying the hawks and the warriors are the same:lol::lol::lol:...I also recall this ninja RoadRage saying the Cavs should have no problems beating the warriors:lol::lol:I recall going back and forth(like an idiot) with this dude about whether or not GS is the best team in the league:lol::lol:..I will never do that again...Just like I will never forget this dude(RoadRage) saying the hawks and the warriors are the same:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I said you play them the same way, that was with Kyrie in the game... I said that you force Curry to have to play both ways, and you open up space by using Irving and JR to stretch the floor and attack the paint with both LeBron and Irving...
With Kyrie out, you can't do half of that stuff..

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
a great player gets you 1 game. a transcendent player will get you 2 games. that's all she wrote. lebron did what he could but this was happening. wire to wire best team in the nba and won it all. lost 5 games in 4 rounds of basketball.

props to you gene and the rest of the cavs. if the warriors aren't there ill root for you to get a ring but we had a long ass span of our own we needed to get rid of and it was basically now or never

Is you entire squad coming back or what? If so, this shit will probably be a repeat series next year.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Is you entire squad coming back or what? If so, this shit will probably be a repeat series next year.

depends on if they pay draymond. that's the only contract up in the air. if they resign him same team is coming back.

i can't count on them being this hungry. once they started winning they got hungry and really wanted this man. they were learning on a curve this playoff run too, that's what everyone doubted about them cause they hadn't been there before..but they proved once they started playing hard they couldn't be fucked with.

gotta wait till the free agents land and the draft happens before i can say we'll be back next year..

that's why it was so damn important to do it now. west is a motherfucker. lebron owns the east so you guys are good.

Day_Carver

Rising Star
Registered
Not for nothing, but the Cavs played them tough without two of their best starters.

Props to GS for winning, but lets not go overboard here. Even Vegas had the Cavs winning it all when they were at full strength going into the post season.

Doesnt matter what vegas had; Lakers swept everybody in 89 I believe, then got swept by Detroit in the finals because Magic and Scott didnt play; That doesnt mean shit to the record books or Detroit fans; Just like the Cavs being hurt doesnt mean shit at the end of the day; Injuries are a part of the game and there are plenty of finals where key players have been hurt; It is what it is; Oh and you talking about players who stay hurt all the time; so for them not to be hurt would be an anomaly at this point... GS won and thats all the matters!!

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
Cavs ain't getting back to the finals give up that pipe dream Gene :lol:

Mark my words, baring some weird free agent loss, injuries or crazy trade they will be favorites to win it all.. They will be getting three players back, plus the dead weight like Miller, Marion and Jones will be replace by serviceable players.. So don't expect them to be forced to play 7 players next year..

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
depends on if they pay draymond. that's the only contract up in the air. if they resign him same team is coming back.

i can't count on them being this hungry. once they started winning they got hungry and really wanted this man. they were learning on a curve this playoff run too, that's what everyone doubted about them cause they hadn't been there before..but they proved once they started playing hard they couldn't be fucked with.

gotta wait till the free agents land and the draft happens before i can say we'll be back next year..

that's why it was so damn important to do it now. west is a motherfucker. lebron owns the east so you guys are good.

I think they need Green to get out the west, but they shouldn't overpay. West tough as shit.
Shit, TT about to take Gilbert to the woodshed. :lol:Gilbet might be looking at close to $200 million next year to keep this thing going.

Day_Carver

Rising Star
Registered
I said you play them the same way, that was with Kyrie in the game... I said that you force Curry to have to play both ways, and you open up space by using Irving and JR to stretch the floor and attack the paint with both LeBron and Irving...
With Kyrie out, you can't do half of that stuff..

NO NO NINJA, u said they are the same; :lol::lol: U said there is no difference between the 2; :lol::lol::lol:::lol: Along with saying they play the same; WHich by the way no they dont...but hey im not going back and forth with you anymore pimp; Im just reminding you of what you said:lol::lol::lol:

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
I think they need Green to get out the west, but they shouldn't overpay. West tough as shit.
Shit, TT about to take Gilbert to the woodshed. :lol:Gilbet might be looking at close to $200 million next year to keep this thing going.

yea man its weird. it makes sense for him to get paid on this team cause he has value. it doesn't make sense for another team to pay him cause he won't have the impact they need lol.

he seems like he's not taking any shorts either no discounts so we'll see.

i still can't believe this is real.

winning a title? man i wasn't alive the last time we won. i wasn't even thought of the last time the warriors won the championship and then to do it like this? best team on offense best team on defense mvp of the league and then nba championship.. and a fucking nba parade for a ring in oakland.

surreal

Day_Carver

Rising Star
Registered
Mark my words, baring some weird free agent loss, injuries or crazy trade they will be favorites to win it all.. They will be getting three players back, plus the dead weight like Miller, Marion and Jones will be replace by serviceable players.. So don't expect them to be forced to play 7 players next year..

It wouldnt be surprising the Cavs come out of the east; I mean who is in the east that can beat them???? But they will lose again in the finals if they do; Love is gone and they arent about to get a big time scorer in Cleveland next year; Maybe the year after that, but not next year so how will their team get better?? question if for gene

World B Free

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Steph = NBA MVP
Iggy = Finals MVP

1980 was only other time this happened when Kareem was MVP &amp; Magic won Finals MVP. <a href="http://t.co/2aT5awYAeW">pic.twitter.com/2aT5awYAeW</a></p>&mdash; NBA on ESPN (@ESPNNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNNBA/status/611030641598140416">June 17, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
yea man its weird. it makes sense for him to get paid on this team cause he has value. it doesn't make sense for another team to pay him cause he won't have the impact they need lol.

he seems like he's not taking any shorts either no discounts so we'll see.

i still can't believe this is real.

winning a title? man i wasn't alive the last time we won. i wasn't even thought of the last time the warriors won the championship and then to do it like this? best team on offense best team on defense mvp of the league and then nba championship.. and a fucking nba parade for a ring in oakland.

surreal

Yeah, man. Enjoy that shit. Even with the loss, all the true Cavs fans enjoyed the hell out of this ride. Folks in Cleveland will be talking about this finals effort by Lebron for decades to come.

World B Free

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Can't decide which Iggy I hate more <a href="http://t.co/WdnXhaVTOH">pic.twitter.com/WdnXhaVTOH</a></p>&mdash; Ayayron™ (@AyayronC) <a href="https://twitter.com/AyayronC/status/611029288574451712">June 17, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Entrepronegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
photo6.jpg

silentking

Occasional Superstar **
Registered
Winning a MVP is an individual award for individual greatness, winning a championship a team accomplishment..
Kobe played on great teams, but was the greatest player for one...

the path to NBA greatness....

be an individually great player

be an individually great player who helps build a great team

be an individually great player on a great team that wins

do all of the above multiple times

Russell...Magic...Kareem....MJ....Kobe....Duncan

they all followed the path.

LBJ's career arc seems to...for the most part...stop at step 1 even though he's seen 1-3 in his time to some extent....and though he's probably done more with that one step than anyone ever....its just one step on the path. I would really give him 1 yr where he truly executed 1-3...even though thats not 100% up to him as it wasnt 100% up to the greats that preceded him.

Darrkman

Hollis, Queens = Center of the Universe
BGOL Investor
Social media is a cold world.

WA7T0ju.jpg

[emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji1]

Sent from my Galaxy S6

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
Trading for K. Love cost them the championship. They would of been better off in the long run keeping the draft picks.

Even if they kept those picks, how many of them you see actually making the team and playing???? Why trade a chance to go to the finals five years from now perhaps if everything breaks right for a chance to win it now and the next three years??? Yeah Love got injured, but who to say one two or even all of the draft picks wouldn't also have gotten injured? We do know that odds are that most of them will never put up the numbers Love put up this year with the Cavs..