Washington, DC & Surrounding Areas (the goodole DMV)

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
Ended up going to stans nice joint

IMG_20120728_215047.jpg

Mello Mello

Ballz of Adamantium
BGOL Investor
If your in Crystal City, VA. Hit up Memphis Grill. Not that far from the Pentagon. A lot of pork on their menu but their chicken is good and the beef ribs.

ceedizzle

Rising Star
Registered
Ok football season is coming up, I've been looking for a GOOD spot to watch the games. I know that there are a million so called sports bars, but where do the black professionals go to watch the games? Hell black people in general, DC seems to be so mixed lately that it's hard to find a non hood black spot. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

novaprime703

Potential Star
Registered
Ok football season is coming up, I've been looking for a GOOD spot to watch the games. I know that there are a million so called sports bars, but where do the black professionals go to watch the games? Hell black people in general, DC seems to be so mixed lately that it's hard to find a non hood black spot. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Bar Louie can be pretty decent, its right next to the verizon center

Cock Head Jones

Rising Star
Registered
Annual U Street Bar Crawl* 8/5

*a bar crawl is the act of one or more people drinking in multiple pubs or bars in a single night, normally walking or busing to each one between drinking.

There will be a DJ at each one of the bars spinning a different genre of Old School Hip Hop (details below).

The point ladies and gentlemen is to make it to all the bars. So no fashionably late, no CP Time and No cutting out early.

This Bar Crawl will be moving down the U (st.) Though the times for each bar are an hour the DJs will be spinning one 30 minute period before and after the stated time to help with the crowd control. So we don't all have to move at once.

Tabaq:1336 U Street NW DC
2-4:
DJ KAYO--Dirty South
Drink Specials: $4 Beers, $5 Rail, $6 Wines/Martinis

TouchDown: 1334 U Street NW DC
4-5:
DJ JIMMY PHINGAZ: Clans, Posses, Crews, and Cliques
Drink Specials: $3 Drafts, $4 Bottles, $5 Rails

Islander: 1201 U Street NW DC
5-6:
DJ CHASE--Nas
Drink Specials: $4 Heineken/Corona and $5 Kicker/ Rum Punch

Solly's: 1942 11th Street NW DC
6-7:
BroDJ--The Class of '95 (92-95)
Drink Specials: $5 DC Brau Beer, $5 Svedka Citrus w/ Lemonade

Lounge of Three
7-8:
DJ QUE-- NY Classics
Drink Specials:

1920dc: 1920 9th st NW DC
DJ R.B.I and Company—Grand Finale…
Drink Specials till 10 pm: $8 Specialty Drinks, $4 Heineken, $7 Ciroc, $5 Jameson

Cock Head Jones

Rising Star
Registered
tonight after party to the urban model awards @ cafe asia.

nothin but fake asses, weaves and lightskinded hoes if thats what ur into.:hmm:

CoopCoop83

https://bit.ly/dcscrypto
Registered
Fuegos (strip joint)....Stadium (aint been in a while though).....& maybe the National Harbor..they used to have Comedy shows up there.....some of the more major night clubs in downtown DC (ie. The Park....)....haven't been downtown in a while though.....aside from the Open Mic spots and Jazz Spots on U St.....Adams Morgan has a few rooftop spots that are okay....can't think of any names of the top of my head.....PEACE

Coop

Ralo Lawson

Rising Star
OG Investor
Will be in D.C. from Aug.22nd until the 28th. What's poppin' out there?

I'm trying to hit up some clubs, live performances, strip clubs, nice restaurants, Go-Go bands and check out any place that has top ten dime females.

Let a brother know what's poppin'!

Thank's in advance my DMV BGOL brothers :D

K

kwazdog

Where's a spot where I can mack on some artsy or smart sisters besides Bus Boys? I'm kinda out of the loop as of late.

Ralo Lawson

Rising Star
OG Investor
Trey Songs will be at Ibiza this Friday. When he was here in New York all the fine women came out in droves. This coming Sunday Melonie Fiona, D'Angelo & Mary J Blidge will be at the Verizon center. That's gonna be packed with fine women!

Cock Head Jones

Rising Star
Registered
Where's a spot where I can mack on some artsy or smart sisters besides Bus Boys? I'm kinda out of the loop as of late.

DMV Black film and media club on Meetup.com.

Group gets together at different venues to watch and critique black movies.

iYAGO Entertainment Group presents "HOODWINKED: We Can No Longer Doubt Our Greatness"

FILM PREMIERE AND PUBLIC DISCUSSION, Thursday September 6th, 2012 at the Historic Avalon Theatre in Washington, DC

Featuring the THEATRICAL PREMIERE OF HOODWINKED followed by a one hour discussion featuring filmmaker Janks Morton. You do not want to miss this most important community based discussion around the State of Black Males.

For over four-hundred years, the majority society has used many tools to reinforce a message that the peoples of African descent are less-than, not-equal-too or not-good enough. In this modern era of information, the media, government and special interests use statistics to further promote the message of Black inferiority. What troubles me most, is that we as a people have internalized the misinformation, embraced the myths, and perpetuated the stereotypes, sadly reinforcing a collective misperception of our own identities.

PROMO CODE: DCBFMC --> The tickets should be $6.50

DAT DUDE DERE

Rising Star
Registered

anywhere down u street ....adams morgan ...good luck with that though.... truthfully Bu boys is prolly your best bet though.... bcuz local females ARE NOT THE ARTSY SMART TYPE....:lol: not here

oh yeah .....you can try your luck down Georgetown

4North1Side2

Rising Star
Registered
good luck. these broads spot a clown from like 5 miles out w/ no scope.

but yea looks wise they destroy the burgh.

:lol:

Dc's finest bussin it wide open

20120915005237506.jpg

The biggest difference i noticed was fitness is a top priority in dc. Yall also dress yall motherfuckin asses off. Lol anything more than a white t is dressing up in pittsburgh.

Cock Head Jones

Rising Star
Registered
Lounge, bar or nice restaurant. Maybe even a nice event or something.

well the congressional black caucus is coming up this weekend so every event is gonna be somewhat upscale and shit...

check out thefabempire blog for their lil cbc events guide.

i woulda suggested the buddah bar. it was perfect but closed down. lemme think about what else.

:lol:

Dc's finest bussin it wide open

20120915005237506.jpg

The biggest difference i noticed was fitness is a top priority in dc. Yall also dress yall motherfuckin asses off. Lol anything more than a white t is dressing up in pittsburgh.

if this pic is all u got out of a weekend in dc, u failed at life. there were so many women out this weekend it wasnt even funny. they all taking every opportunity to wear the lil sexy summer shit before it gets cold out here. and this is what ur dumbass decided to pull ur phone out and take a picture of?

the phrase, "water seeks its own level" fits here.

Last edited:

4North1Side2

Rising Star
Registered
well the congressional black caucus is coming up this weekend so every event is gonna be somewhat upscale and shit...

check out thefabempire blog for their lil cbc events guide.

i woulda suggested the buddah bar. it was perfect but closed down. lemme think about what else.

if this pic is all u got out of a weekend in dc, u failed at life. there were so many women out this weekend it wasnt even funny. they all taking every opportunity to wear the lil sexy summer shit before it gets cold out here. and this is what ur dumbass decided to pull ur phone out and take a picture of?

the phrase, "water seeks its own level" fits here.

The black woman there werent all that much different then pittsburghs, get over it. Even tho i was there only for a day the h street festival gave me a big taste of what dc woman were like. I like the faact that you guys dress your fucking asses off and the nice wide variety of culture but that city fucking stinks, made downtown pittsburgh smell like an air freshner. Also nice to see black people working out 6am in the morning outside. My dc mistress was the only woman worth taking pics of.