Re: Ron Paul raises more than $4.2 million in one day

Government is too damn big and bloated, and a lot
of people are putting their money behind a politician
who says so.

Bain316

Star
Registered

He got the neocons scared cause he might ruin their plans. He is anti-foreign involvement.

Nevsky

Star
Registered

He's got my vote regardless.

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
"RAMBO" and Morton Downey Jr's NWO Baffoons interview Ron Paul for President

[FLASH]http://www.liveleak.com/player.swf?token=636_1194728481[/FLASH]
The shouting match continues. In the audience is Lt. Col. Bo Gritz, who had been on earlier to claim that the CIA was involved in the illegal drug trade--namely heroin from Burma. He is America's most highly decorated Green Beret.

S

Snark8

Thinking About Voting For Ron Paul

513520201_1bbf4c7543.jpg

Paul is against many programs that hurt black people and for some that may help us. He seems determined to get rid of the bad an keep some of the good. here is a quick list of a few:

jobs for black people

NAFTA-neo liberal trading policies that undermine wages in the U.S. by making us [mostly black] people compete for jobs with low wage Mexicans and third worlders, so that corporations can outsource jobs for profit.

CAFTA- NAFTA expansion

GATT- NAFTA expansion

Migrant worker programs- outsourcing black jobs within the country

the economy
DISMANTLING THE FEDERAL RESERVE- The Federal Reserve: A private banking institution headed by private individuals who represent conglomerate and the financial elite who act as “fiscal agents for the U.S. Treasury”. They are the reason for the falling value of the dollar these rich people are stealing the REAL money and giving us a piece of paper.

DISMANTLING THE IRS- under the constitution, it is an illegal organization that hides behind political vagaries in order to strong-arm percentages of wages from [mostly] the poor using law enforcement. 100% of what is collected goes to pay interest on debt, not to fix roads or on schools.

prison

WAR ON DRUGS- Paul is against this specifically because it hurts black people. this initiative disproportionately incarcerates black males and one of the designers of the program, William Bennett, said a few years ago on the radio: "But I do know that it's true that if you wanted to reduce crime, you could — if that were your sole purpose, you could abort every black baby in this country, and your crime rate would go down. That would be an impossible, ridiculous, and morally reprehensible thing to do, but your crime rate would go down." this kind of shit reflects in statastics like this one: in the state of california 40% of black males between the ages of 20-30 yrs. are part of the prison system [taken from Angela Davis speech.]

A FEDERAL ABORTION LAW- 15 million of the 44 million aborted children since roe v wade were black. There are somewhere around 39,500,000 Blacks in the USA. most new abortion clinics in the U.S. are built in predominately black and poor neighborhoods.this kind of shit makes me think of why it would make sense to keep shit like this out of the white mans hands. the more local the law, the better.

MILITARY SPENDING- more domestic spending on social programs.

http://www.house.gov/paul/congrec/congrec2001/cr020801.htm

Obama and Hillary

I've seen Barak Obama go to AIPAC and promise jews in Israel much more than he has even hinted at giving his own people. until he speaks as boldly as Paul he doesn't have my vote.
http://66.218.69.11/search/cache?ei...l&w=obama+aipac&d=DuOaUPL9Pvqr&icp=1&.intl=us

the Clintons are a joke. most of Hillary's money comes from jews [same for Obama] and defense contractors like Ratheon or Lockheed Martin. i think black folks only like Hillary because Bill got his dick sucked, played a sax on Arsenio, and smoked a little weed. I've also heard things like him knowing every verse to things like "lift e'vry voice." meanwhile his programs such as welfare to work, NAFTA, or his fairy tale economic boom created Mcjobs for poor people as he spearheaded moving high wage low skilled labor out of the country, and crushed labor unions. [his economy was good to the rich sectors of the population NOT YOU]

nittie

Star
Registered
Re: Thinking About Voting For Ron Paul

The conservative or libertarian platform would be good for Blacks imo. We have made the mistake of conceding those values to Republican when they are really bi-partisan. Ron Paul is a intriguing candidate but I wonder if he has the backbone to stand up to OBL and his crew.

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator

Snark8,

Who is speaking in the article you posted? The author purports to be Black. Please post a source. If you are the author, please let us know that too.

Thanks,

QueEx

S

Snark8

Snark8,

Who is speaking in the article you posted? The author purports to be Black. Please post a source. If you are the author, please let us know that too.

Thanks,

QueEx

yeah sry bout that i wrote it.

thoughtone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

source: Atlanta Progressive News

RICHARD SEARCY: The Ron Paul that Ron Paul Doesn't Want You to Know

(June 03, 2007)

Presidential candidate US Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX), a Republican with Libertarian views, is making a name for himself by emerging as an antiwar Republican in the 2008 race for the White House.

While those of us who oppose the mindless US Invasion of Iraq welcome all voices of opposition, there are some troubling questions arising about Mr. Paul.

US Rep. Paul has been consistent in his opposition to the invasion, but he hasn’t been very vocal or visible about that opposition. Most Americans knew nothing about Mr. Paul before this election season or had no idea such an animal as an antiwar Republican even existed.

Where was he years ago when his voice of opposition would not only have been more appreciated, it would have been much more beneficial to this nation, before being antiwar was popular and carried far more political risks?

Being that he’s an antiwar Republican, which makes him somewhat of an anomaly, surely he could have found and exploited opportunities to be more vocal and visible with his stance.

There were other politicians such as former US Rep. Cynthia McKinney (D-GA), the late US Sen. Paul Wellstone (D-MN), US Rep. Dennis Kucinich (D-OH), Ralph Nader, and others who were known for their opposition to the US Invasion of Iraq.

Why didn’t Mr. Paul stand with any of them? Why didn’t he appear at antiwar demonstrations or stand with other non-politicians who were against the Invasion?

Even more troubling are his past comments on racial minorities and his association with the John Birch Society. Paul is the only Congressperson to receive a 100% approval rating from the Birchers. His MySpace page links directly to the John Birch Society.

He has also been attributed to comments such as these which appeared in his newsletter, the Ron Paul Survival Report:

"If you have ever been robbed by a black teen-aged male, you know how unbelievably fleet-footed they can be."

"Opinion polls consistently show that only about 5 percent of blacks have sensible political opinions, i.e. support the free market, individual liberty and the end of welfare and affirmative action"

"Given the inefficiencies of what D.C. laughingly calls the `criminal justice system,' I think we can safely assume that 95 percent of the black males in that city are semi-criminal or entirely criminal"

"We don't think a child of 13 should be held responsible as a man of 23. That's true for most people, but black males age 13 who have been raised on the streets and who have joined criminal gangs are as big, strong, tough, scary and culpable as any adult and should be treated as such."

"We are constantly told that it is evil to be afraid of black men, it is hardly irrational. Black men commit murders, rapes, robberies, muggings and burglaries all out of proportion to their numbers."

He called former US Rep. Barbara Jordan (D-TX) a “fraud” and a “half-educated victimologist.”

Paul also claimed former President Bill Clinton not only fathered illegitimate children, but that he also used cocaine which "would explain certain mysteries" about the President's scratchy voice. "None of this is conclusive, of course, but it sure is interesting,” he said.

When challenged on those remarks he blamed them on an aide that supposedly wrote them for his newsletter over a period of years. Are we to assume that he hadn't read his own newsletter?

His newsletter with his name on it.

When challenged by the NAACP and other civil rights groups for an apology for such racist remarks, Paul simply said his remarks about Barbara Jordan related to her stands on affirmative action and that his written comments about Blacks were in the context of “current events and statistical reports of the time.” He denied any racist intent.

Lock up Black children, only Black children, but he meant nothing racist. Sure.

It isn’t just Blacks that Paul has a problem with; it’s also Asians, homosexuals, Jews, women, fornication, gambling, and the stock market.

I have a 13 year-old nephew and I certainly wouldn’t want the President of the United States trying to convince America that he’s dangerous simply because he’s Black and can run fast.

The Ron Paul Express needs much closer and thorough examination before those who champion his antiwar stance jump on-board.

Richard Searcy is a Staff Writer and Columnist with Atlanta Progressive News. Searcy was previously a press spokesperson for US Rep. Cynthia McKinney (D-GA).

Last edited:

hanginbals

Team NoPullOut
OG Investor

:confused:Get rid of the IRS!!! He could get a bro vote if he spit some real shit!!!:yes::yes:

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered

Does it matter who is President? Congress is where the real power rest since they have the checkbook. They backed the war and can shut it down by not paying at anytime. The Congress voted for the Patriot Act. The Congress enacted the tax cuts during a war. Congress is also deficit spending.

Somehow Bush is getting all the blame heaped on him. All these issues people are complaining about were backed by many current members of Congress.

Last edited:

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
Ahh, read my other post? I'm not buying it because he is a republican.

Okay, but somebody is still going to get the Republican nomination. Its just as likely in a given year that a Republican could get elected as a Democrat and you can't be very sure of the election's outcome at all without seeing who represents the party yet. But you have no preference between Ron Paul and Fred Thompson or Giuliani, for instance? Not that you'd support any of them, but just, knowing that the Democrat won't always win, doesn't it make sense to differentiate those guys? They're not all exactly the same. I think the country would have been better off had McCain won the Republican nomination in 2000.

thoughtone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Re: The complete Mitt Romney speech 12/06/07

Okay, but somebody is still going to get the Republican nomination. Its just as likely in a given year that a Republican could get elected as a Democrat and you can't be very sure of the election's outcome at all without seeing who represents the party yet. But you have no preference between Ron Paul and Fred Thompson or Giuliani, for instance? Not that you'd support any of them, but just, knowing that the Democrat won't always win, doesn't it make sense to differentiate those guys? They're not all exactly the same. I think the country would have been better off had McCain won the Republican nomination in 2000.

Maybe Hillary and the republicans are similar. There is no republican in this field I can support. You need to get off the Ron Paul Kool Aid.

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered

I'm just now watching the speech (I read part of it earlier).

His talk about religion and freedom being intertwined and dependent on one another is without basis in reality. That part really made me role my eyes.

Other than that, I'd say it's a good speech in serving his objective. He painted a religious test for office (discussed in the Constitution) as un-American and reminds people of all the different religious groups that made up the early country and their different beliefs.

I don't like the guy, though. Probably my least favorite of the candidates, even worse than Rudy.

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered

Maybe Hillary and the republicans are similar. There is no republican in this field I can support. You need to get off the Ron Paul Kool Aid.

You're reading into my examples. I do NOT support Ron Paul.

thoughtone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Ron Paul Meet The Press Interview 12-23-07

This guy says he is against government waste, yet he inserts ear marks in to bills, claims he doesn’t vote for them and then accepts them in his district. He touts term limits yet he has run ten times for congressman. Typical as a southern man, he thinks American slavery would have just faded away, the civil war was unnecessary. I understand his appeal to so called younger voters. They base their opinions on the ignorance or denial of history and so does he.

[WM]http://www.youtube.com/v/7RecBtGMF00&rel=1[/WM] [WM]http://www.youtube.com/v/77wW1_VrHhA&rel=1[/WM]
[WM]http://www.youtube.com/v/7R_VuvWLARo&rel=1[/WM] [WM]http://www.youtube.com/v/YQTaKoFNBUU&rel=1[/WM]​

GET YOU HOT

Superfly Moderator
BGOL Investor
Re: Ron Paul Meet The Press Interview 12-23-07

Yes "they" do, put it all out there, Go OBAMA...!!!!

thoughtone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Why Was Paul Excluded From The Faux Debate? So Much For Freedom Of Speech.

Another by product of the elimination of the fairness doctrine.

source: OG Paper.com

NH GOP saves face by dropping Fox debate after Ron Paul left behind
Texas Congressman Ron Paul was excluded from the Fox New Hampshire debate, GOP drops affiliation.

for the Republican party, but somehow the leadership is losing the reins to the media. GOP Presidential candidate Ron Paul was excluded from the Fox debate, along with Representative Duncan Hunter of California and the explanation from the news network pointed to the single-digits support of the two candidates in the national polls. The fact that Ron Paul got 10% at the Iowa caucuses was clearly overlooked, as well as the fact that Ron Paul go more support in Iowa than the once-favorite Rudy Giuliani. Following the outcry from not only supporters of Ron Paul, but other Republicans, the New Hampshire Republican Party announced yesterday that they are severing their affiliation with a Republican debate sponsored by Fox News.

Still, Fox News will be joined only by Mr. Giuliani, Mitt Romney, John McCain, Mike Huckabee and Fred Thompson at the 90-minute forum which will be held Sunday night at St. Anselm College in New Hampshire. Keep in mind that Dr. Paul is leading Thompson in several recent polls in the state, not to mention that Ron Paul's odds on winning the Elections are sitting at 6/1 at the bookmaker Bodog Sports, and even those odds are being pounded heavily, and not only from U.S. bettors. British bookmakers alone are expecting £10+ million to be wagered by the Britons on the 2008 U.S. Presidential Elections. Giving an advantage (or posing a disadvantage) by completely destroying the equal playing field is already upsetting millions of bettors worldwide; it appears that Fox New and democracy is now officially an oxymoron among those supporting Ron Paul in one way or another. Boycotts of the Fox News itself, as well as sponsors of the network, are underway, as posted on the many Internet forums in support of Ron Paul's candidacy for the next President.

"We look forward to presenting a substantive forum which will serve as the first program of its kind this election season," was the brief statement issued by Fox New Channel vice president of news David Rhodes. Fergus Cullen, chair of the state GOP party, countered with: "We believe that it is inconsistent with the first in the nation primary tradition to be excluding candidates in a pre-primary setting. All candidates regardless of how well known they are or how much money they’ve raised should be treated equally here."

Ron Paul is set to appear on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno on Monday, watch for zingers from the NBC personality aimed at Fox.

Greed

Star
Registered
Re: Why Was Paul Excluded From The Faux Debate? So Much For Freedom Of Speech.

Where's your post about Kucinich and ABC?

I'm having some trouble finding it with the search function. Is it on this forum or the main one?

Thanks in advance.

thoughtone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Where's your post about Kucinich and ABC?

I'm having some trouble finding it with the search function. Is it on this forum or the main one?

Thanks in advance.

Excellent observation, further evidence for reinstatement of the fairness doctrine. ABC sucks too! I will make a thread.

thoughtone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
ABC/Disney Exclude Kucinich From Debate

BTW this is the same thing they did to Nader back in 2000. We need the fairness doctrine

Kucinich Files Complaint on ABC Debate

Jan 4, 2008 6:51 PM (2 days ago) By DAVID BAUDER, AP
NEW YORK (Map, News) - Democratic presidential candidate Dennis Kucinich filed a complaint with the FCC on Friday after ABC News excluded him, fellow Democrat Mike Gravel and Republican Duncan Hunter from its prime-time debates on Saturday.

Kucinich argued that ABC is violating equal-time provisions by keeping him out of the debate and noted that ABC's parent Walt Disney Co. had contributed to campaigns involving the four Democrats who were invited.

"ABC should not be the first primary," the Ohio congressman said in papers filed at the Federal Communications Commission.

ABC said the candidates left out of the debates failed to meet benchmarks for their support that were outlined to each campaign prior to the Iowa caucus. Kucinich did not complain about these rules ahead of time, said spokeswoman Cathie Levine, who had no further comment since she hasn't seen the FCC filing.

ABC said it hoped to encourage more conversation and interaction among the candidates during the debates, which will both be moderated by Charles Gibson. The stakes are high as candidates take the stage three days before the New Hampshire primary.

The Republican debate will include Iowa caucus winner Mike Huckabee, John McCain, Rudy Giuliani, Fred Thompson, Mitt Romney and Ron Paul. It starts at 7 p.m. EST.

Shortly after that 90-minute forum, Democrats Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton, John Edwards and Bill Richardson will take the stage at St. Anselm College in Manchester, N.H.

The network set rules to narrow the field. Candidates had to meet at least one of three criteria: place first through fourth in Iowa, poll 5 percent or higher in one of the last four major New Hampshire surveys, or poll 5 percent or higher in one of the last four major national surveys.

Democrats Joe Biden and Chris Dodd took some of the pressure off ABC by quitting the race Thursday night.

"In previous debates where the stage was more crowded you had to make sure all of the candidates got fair time," said David Chalian, ABC News political director. "Here you will have more time to go in depth on the issues."

ABC said it believed its rules were inclusive, while also ensuring viewers get a thorough look at the probable next president.

"We're regretful that we're not going to be in it," said Roy Tyler, a spokesman for Hunter. "We're just going to keep working. I think it's a mistake on their part to exclude any viable candidate at this point."

Fox News Channel is sponsoring a debate in its mobile studio Sunday that excludes Paul and Hunter. Huckabee, Giuliani, Romney, Thompson and McCain have been invited.

Each debate will be divided into two parts. During the first 45 minutes, Gibson will select three prominent issues to promote a dialogue. The candidates will be seated and encouraged to talk to each other, and not just to the cameras, Gibson said.

"If I have any personal prejudice against these debates, it's that you see too much of the moderator," Gibson said. "I want to see less of the moderator and more of the candidates."

There won't be any buzzers or lights on the stage to mark time limits for talking, putting the pressure on Gibson to limit filibusters and promote fairness.

The second half of the debate will be a more traditional format, with Gibson and WMUR-TV political director Scott Spradling asking questions on a variety of topics. Candidates will be asked to keep their answers to a minute, Chalian said.

Gibson said he hoped to have a few minutes where both Republican and Democratic candidates are on the same stage, to promote the idea that despite differences, all are Americans hoping for the best for their country. The auditorium will be quickly emptied between debates and a new audience brought in.

Diane Sawyer and George Stephanopoulos will lead ABC's coverage. Three hours of live debate with both Republican and Democratic candidates represents a grueling on-air test for Gibson, ABC's chief news anchor.

"I didn't volunteer," he said. "It's something new, it's something different. I can fail miserably at this and may well do so but we're looking for some ways to do something different."

---

ABC is owned by The Walt Disney Co. Fox is a unit of News Corp.

Greed

Star
Registered

If this all about the fairness doctrine then both stories should be in the same thread. But we all know what this is really about.

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator

The Ron Paul and Dennis Kucinich "Exclusion" threads are merged into this one on the same subject: The Fairness Doctrine.

QueEx

Greed

Star
Registered

I'm anti-regulation so I don't like what you've done, but I'm sure the OP will be thrilled.

thoughtone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

If this all about the fairness doctrine then both stories should be in the same thread. But we all know what this is really about.

Yes, both sides represented.

Tazirai

Star
Registered

wow.. glad I saw this. Goes to show repubs and even crats dont want certain candidates names even mentioned it seems.

GET YOU HOT

Superfly Moderator
BGOL Investor

Something like kklames and neo support tells me don't trust this guy...:hmm:

Fuckallyall

Support BGOL
Registered

I thought I already replied, but obviously I did not.

It's a shame that Ron Paul was excluded, as he is speaking truth to power. But I am not surprised, as what he says is VERY threatening to the staus quo. I think he will get many more votes than most people imagine.

thoughtone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Crowd Of Irate Ron Paul Fans Chase Hannity Out Of Restaurant

This was not shown on Faux Snooze. It was only shown on the Faux Business Channel.
Evidently I'm not the only one that thinks Faux sucks!

source: The Huffington Post.com

Ron Paul fans chase and heckle Fox News anchor Sean Hannity. Fox News chose to ban Paul from its New Hampshire debate on Sunday evening.

[WM]http://www.youtube.com/v/9p9uBLqz958&rel=1[/WM]​

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered

What Debate? Most of it is carefully prepared speeches to certain answers. The media should call them candidate speeches. :lol::lol::lol:

actinanass

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Excellent observation, further evidence for reinstatement of the fairness doctrine. ABC sucks too! I will make a thread.

U know that the fairness doctrine is a stranglehold of free speech right?