The complete Mitt Romney speech 12/06/07

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
[FLASH]http://www.liveleak.com/player.swf?token=21b_1196964315[/FLASH]Mitt Romney overtly plays the religion card to try and counter Mick Huckabee's undeniable "across the board" rise in the polls while playing this same card. 56k alert,

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
I don't think it's fair to say he's "playing the religion card." Every card in his hands has MORMON stamped on the back for everyone to see. He's trying to borrow from JFK's playbook in becoming the first Catholic president.

Thanks for the vid.

thoughtone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
:lol:
I think it is total laughable the way conservatives/republicans are playing the religious card. Religion is the only way they can win. When they though they could use it to win elections and polarize the voting public, they are all for it, now the corporate republican’s political first choice, Giuliani is about as far away from the republican bases religious values as can be, they don’t want anyone to use a religious litmus test for the republican nominee. How much hypocrisy can you stand!

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

thoughtone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I don't think it's fair to say he's "playing the religion card." Every card in his hands has MORMON stamped on the back for everyone to see. He's trying to borrow from JFK's playbook in becoming the first Catholic president.

Thanks for the vid.

He's trying but I ain't buying !

thoughtone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You're not buying because he's Mormon?

I'm not buying because he's full of shit.

What do you mean?

Ahh, read my other post? I'm not buying it because he is a republican.

source: The Atlantic.com

Was The Photo Deliberately Staged?

jfkrom.jpg

Or an amazing coincidence of symbolism?​

Last edited:

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
Ahh, read my other post? I'm not buying it because he is a republican.

Okay, but somebody is still going to get the Republican nomination. Its just as likely in a given year that a Republican could get elected as a Democrat and you can't be very sure of the election's outcome at all without seeing who represents the party yet. But you have no preference between Ron Paul and Fred Thompson or Giuliani, for instance? Not that you'd support any of them, but just, knowing that the Democrat won't always win, doesn't it make sense to differentiate those guys? They're not all exactly the same. I think the country would have been better off had McCain won the Republican nomination in 2000.

thoughtone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Okay, but somebody is still going to get the Republican nomination. Its just as likely in a given year that a Republican could get elected as a Democrat and you can't be very sure of the election's outcome at all without seeing who represents the party yet. But you have no preference between Ron Paul and Fred Thompson or Giuliani, for instance? Not that you'd support any of them, but just, knowing that the Democrat won't always win, doesn't it make sense to differentiate those guys? They're not all exactly the same. I think the country would have been better off had McCain won the Republican nomination in 2000.

Maybe Hillary and the republicans are similar. There is no republican in this field I can support. You need to get off the Ron Paul Kool Aid.

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
I'm just now watching the speech (I read part of it earlier).

His talk about religion and freedom being intertwined and dependent on one another is without basis in reality. That part really made me role my eyes.

Other than that, I'd say it's a good speech in serving his objective. He painted a religious test for office (discussed in the Constitution) as un-American and reminds people of all the different religious groups that made up the early country and their different beliefs.

I don't like the guy, though. Probably my least favorite of the candidates, even worse than Rudy.

muckraker10021

Superstar *****
BGOL Investor

The video is not loading. Can you re-up it, or re-find it, or re-post it ???

<head>
<style type="text/css">
.style1 {
border-style: solid;
border-width: 9px;
}
.style2 {
border: 4px solid #000080;
}
.style3 {
border: 4px solid #000000;
}
</style>
</head>

<table width="770" id="table1" cellspacing="4" cellpadding="4" bordercolorlight="#FF0000" bordercolordark="#0000FF" bgcolor="#999999" class="style1">
<tr>
<td class="style2">
Short Version</td>
<td class="style3">
Long Version</td>
</tr>
</table>