:::Official BGOL Firefighter Thread:::

P03t

Rising Star
OG Investor
Yeah...they have been trying to stop that stuff in Boston,since before me...but it's tradition.
I remember years ago,as an FFOP being detailed to a firehouse.
They had a Coke machine hooked up to dispense beer instead of soda.
I thought damn...these dudes are gonna get busted,til I saw the chief go over and put his 50 cents in.

Public opinion in Boston these days is at an all-time low.
Too much shit has come to light in the past few months.A couple of guys who were killed in the line of duty,one had drugs in his system and the other was legally drunk.
There have been firefighters caught in drug busts,picking up hookers in uniform while driving a department car...smoking weed while using a department car.

And to top it off,filling in for someone at a higher grade than you...and suffering a 'career ending injury'.This has the FBI involved...

Last year,out 108 retirees...72 went off at a higher grade than they worked...that's balls.

In Boston,when an LT goes on vacation...a private fills in.
When a Captain goes...a LT fills in...and so on...all the way up to deputy.

So these guys,when they fill in...they slip or fall,career over...but instead of getting the pension that you normally would have,you get the grade that you were acting in at the time of your injury....cute,huh??

since you didn't follow them when drinking where you look upon like a rat?

that much corruption...what have they done to clean it up...

P03t

Rising Star
OG Investor
LOL....Thats crazy.With us you have to be in a position for a year to get retirement at that position.Shits is alot stricter here too.If somebody gets caught drinking on the job they would be fired.But some white dudes STILL push the envelope.I learned alot about white folks on this job.They HATE authority and embrace adreneline/risk.These mfers will risk their careers over NOTHING.Just to do it.

:smh:

Cock Head Jones

Rising Star
Registered
Uhh I know this thread is about salaries and promotions & all but I have a question.

My chick likes to burn candles, incense n all that. Do many household fires start like that or is it pretty rare?

SYDNEYSTREETZ

Star
Registered
Uhh I know this thread is about salaries and promotions & all but I have a question.

My chick likes to burn candles, incense n all that. Do many household fires start like that or is it pretty rare?

nope unintended cooking

in my area ricans are known for this shyt

P03t

Rising Star
OG Investor

what kind of candles?

SYDNEYSTREETZ

Star
Registered
LOL....Thats crazy.With us you have to be in a position for a year to get retirement at that position.Shits is alot stricter here too.If somebody gets caught drinking on the job they would be fired.But some white dudes STILL push the envelope.I learned alot about white folks on this job.They HATE authority and embrace adreneline/risk.These mfers will risk their careers over NOTHING.Just to do it.

wut up spidey havent seen u on cody 4 in a min

P03t

Rising Star
OG Investor
So you just going to laugh. When is your school date?

none so far...I'm still testing in many Dept's brotha....this thread is just to unite all of us firefighters from the past present and the future.....

I have a CPAT test on the 20th of sept....with PWC,VA

I have a written exam too....this Friday in Washington DC...when I get into a academy you will be the 1st to know...

BTW what city do you work in...or state....

they are more of us....I know 2-3 more heads on BGOL....

SYDNEYSTREETZ

Star
Registered
none so far...I'm still testing in many Dept's brotha....this thread is just to unite all of us firefighters from the past present and the future.....

I have a CPAT test on the 20th of sept....with PWC,VA

I have a written exam too....this Friday in Washington DC...when I get into a academy you will be the 1st to know...

BTW what city do you work in...or state....

they are more of us....I know 2-3 more heads on BGOL....

Im in Jerzee I will keep my exact location unknown for the sike of getting ocked :lol: but Im in jerzee I got family working in chinatown and brooklyn fd and some more in east orange..

I have big plans with my career big plans

P03t

Rising Star
OG Investor
Im in Jerzee I will keep my exact location unknown for the sike of getting ocked :lol: but Im in jerzee I got family working in chinatown and brooklyn fd and some more in east orange..

I have big plans with my career big plans

have you taken a promotional exam yet....

question...you just pass an exam and get promoted or do you need other requirements?

SYDNEYSTREETZ

Star
Registered
what additional education you need...?

college education

a.s.s in fire science <--- i got 2 yrs ago

working on my ba for public adminstration <-- 3 more years

advance courses

and the normal who you know always helps or who ass u kiss

what i have learned to get alittle ahead of my peers and stay in good standing with everyone without looking like a total goodie goodie and kiss ass is to teach or share information that i know or have learned on the job, in the classroom or just in general

P03t

Rising Star
OG Investor
college education

a.s.s in fire science <--- i got 2 yrs ago

working on my ba for public adminstration <-- 3 more years

advance courses

and the normal who you know always helps or who ass u kiss

what i have learned to get alittle ahead of my peers and stay in good standing with everyone without looking like a total goodie goodie and kiss ass is to teach or share information that i know or have learned on the job, in the classroom or just in general

so lets say you pass...get your degree's...but your "peers" disapprove thats it...its a wrap for promotion...:smh:

Southpaw

1 of the few blk men on this board
BGOL Investor
Anyone want to come to Toronto, Canada. You start out at 50,000 after one year you make 60,000 and max out at 85,000. When the ladies see you in your uniform their pussies get wet. :eek:

SYDNEYSTREETZ

Star
Registered
Anyone want to come to Toronto, Canada. You start out at 50,000 after one year you make 60,000 and max out at 85,000. When the ladies see you in your uniform their pussies get wet. :eek:

damn yall take transfers...i actually stop in vancouer i travel up to ak but stop thru there on the way them bitches was ready for a nucca and when i said im a firefighter them bytches was game for whateva:yes:

P03t

Rising Star
OG Investor

I'm interested...are you a firefighter over there....

damn I never heard of a firefighter starting out with 50k....

link me some info...are they hard up for firefighters?

Inglewood's Own

Support BGOL
Registered
whats good im currently a firefighter paramedic for a rather large department in so. cal...what this man is doing by pursuing this career my sound dumb because of what some of these departments are making in other states but please believe without a cap on overtime west coast firefighters are bringing in more than most mds

Brown Bear

Star
Registered
I wouldn't mind being a Firefighter. Only thing that kinda fucks me up is the long ass waiting period to even apply. The list opens up next year sometime, but still... I've been waiting since 2006 (last time list opened up in Chicago). :(

SYDNEYSTREETZ

Star
Registered
whats good im currently a firefighter paramedic for a rather large department in so. cal...what this man is doing by pursuing this career my sound dumb because of what some of these departments are making in other states but please believe without a cap on overtime west coast firefighters are bringing in more than most mds

u cats stay gettin cheese out there...but yall are way busy well i dont kno its probably the same tempo

how much did u start off as a paramedic and how did u obtain your license?

P03t

Rising Star
OG Investor

no cap on OT in so cal...damn....how long you been in the service...

SYDNEYSTREETZ

Star
Registered
I wouldn't mind being a Firefighter. Only thing that kinda fucks me up is the long ass waiting period to even apply. The list opens up next year sometime, but still... I've been waiting since 2006 (last time list opened up in Chicago). :(

come east brother or go west...i heard chi town had some assholes in there dept.

P03t

Rising Star
OG Investor

NYC some guys wait 4 yrs...you have to hang in there if you really want it man....you have to be hungry....

study and score as high as possible on the entry exam....

SYDNEYSTREETZ

Star
Registered
thinking about gettin my paramedic license but on the real emt intermediate was hard as shyt...i really cant do all those math calcuations on the fly and

i really dont understand none of that heart rhythm shyt and doin needle sticks

im good wit package and treating for life threats but as far as doin all that doctor shyt on the fly i cant do it

Southpaw

1 of the few blk men on this board
BGOL Investor

Fire fighting positions depend on the population of a city and how many ff are retiring. Find out what American cities are growing at an extrodinary rate and apply there.

P03t

Rising Star
OG Investor
Fire fighting positions depend on the population of a city and how many ff are retiring. Find out what American cities are growing at an extrodinary rate and apply there.

you got a link to Toronto service...are you a firefighter there...