:::Official BGOL Firefighter Thread:::

P03t

Rising Star
OG Investor
Okay brothas....I'm a future Firefighter...something I always wanted to do as a kid...shit I drop out of school (college) to really pursue this....moms hate the idea....:lol:

Now I know there are alot of us on BGOL...respect to everyone....

Past, Present or/and Future firefighters come in show some love...

even if you not interested in the service....if you have fam in the service chime in....

PEACE....

ukNoWwHo

Rising Star
Registered
Yea i got fam in FLA that does that shit. Man makes good money and he loves it. I thought about it but no amount of money is gonna get me to run inside a burning apt on the 60th floor to save another person knowing my fam needs me more....

P03t

Rising Star
OG Investor
Yea i got fam in FLA that does that shit. Man makes good money and he loves it. I thought about it but no amount of money is gonna get me to run inside a burning apt on the 60th floor to save another person knowing my fam needs me more....

I understand how you feel bruh...not many ppl are capable of doing it...but its a amazing career....

I love it...and I'm just starting the process...lol...

BDR

BeatDownRecs
BGOL Investor
Okay brothas....I'm a future Firefighter...something I always wanted to do as a kid...shit I drop out of school (college) to really pursue this....moms hate the idea....:lol:

Now I know there are alot of us on BGOL...respect to everyone....

Past, Present or/and Future firefighters come in show some love...

even if you not interested in the service....if you have fam in the service chime in....

PEACE....

You trying to get in with FDNY? good luck theres a 97% cracka rate in there :lol:

P03t

Rising Star
OG Investor
You trying to get in with FDNY? good luck theres a 97% cracka rate in there :lol:

I tried the FDNY...and the last class has ton of qualified minority applicants....

shit I've tested in VA...only blk dude...that race shit won't discourage me fam.....

I fucked up on my FDNY test...didn't study...did real poorly on it....:smh:

there is another test in 2010...

Thick Johnson

Star
Registered
ohioplayers.jpg

BDR

BeatDownRecs
BGOL Investor
I tried the FDNY...and the last class has ton of qualified minority applicants....

shit I've tested in VA...only blk dude...that race shit won't discourage me fam.....

I fucked up on my FDNY test...didn't study...did real poorly on it....:smh:

there is another test in 2010...

Yeah FDNY is pretty biased too and the cut off age to take the test is 29 which I think is supreme b.s

I am starting to see a little bit more brothas doing it but still the cracka presence is strong in that dept.

Take the PAPD test, you know we are cross trained as firefighters and EMS right? See bruh we wear many hats :lol:

The next test is in 2010 as well.

P03t

Rising Star
OG Investor
what are the steps u have to tkae in becoming one?

depending on the DEPT and/or sate

Written Exam
CPAT...physical test..
Background check
Poly graph...depending on your state
Medical test
Board Interview

if you finish that

6 monthes in the academy (probie school)
a year as a probationary firefighter....

easy huh....

P03t

Rising Star
OG Investor
Yeah FDNY is pretty biased too and the cut off age to take the test is 29 which I think is supreme b.s

I am starting to see a little bit more brothas doing it but still the cracka presence is strong in that dept.

Take the PAPD test, you know we are cross trained as firefighters and EMS right? See bruh we wear many hats :lol:

The next test is in 2010 as well.

ya PA cops clear abou 80k+ a year...the money is great with ya'll...

and barely anything to risk ya life for....damn you know how hard it is to get into Port Authority....

they have cats that have been with the NYPD for 10 yrs and can't get on....:smh:

you a lucky S.O.B....:lol:

damn you guys cross train as EMS/ Firefighters....never knew that...i'll check it out....

yeah man that 29 year old cutoff is crazy.....

the last test I took for the FDNY 30k ppl took it....:smh:

jamiemelo

Support BGOL
Registered
depending on the DEPT and/or sate

Written Exam
CPAT...physical test..
Background check
Poly graph...depending on your state
Medical test
Board Interview

if you finish that

6 monthes in the academy (probie school)
a year as a probationary firefighter....

easy huh....

Whats the polygraph test for P?

BDR

BeatDownRecs
BGOL Investor
ya PA cops clear abou 80k+ a year...the money is great with ya'll...

and barely anything to risk ya life for....damn you know how hard it is to get into Port Authority....

they have cats that have been with the NYPD for 10 yrs and can't get on....:smh:

you a lucky S.O.B....:lol:

damn you guys cross train as EMS/ Firefighters....never knew that...i'll check it out....

yeah man that 29 year old cutoff is crazy.....

the last test I took for the FDNY 30k ppl took it....:smh:

Yeah mayne we have a fire fighter and ems unit that handles emergencies at JFK, LGA, and Newark.

As far as NYPD its :itsawrap: for them, their commish won't release their records to PAPD, so PA just said eff it NYPD need not apply. All this happened after 9/11.

I'm kinda glad we don't take NYPD anyway, eff em. Also PA lookin to hire bet 500 and 700 cops between now and 2012 because they are forcing a lot of the old goats out who don't want to retire :lol:

The cake is too sweet and the perks are crazy. Also the last papd test in 07 only had 11k take the test and 7k passed.

If you do take the FDNY test again make sure you study bruh thats a good gig with a lot of time off if you work your schedule right. My cousin got on FDNY bout 4 yrs ago, ninja works 4 days straight and get the rest of the month off :lol:

P03t

Rising Star
OG Investor
Whats the polygraph test for P?

see if nukkas are fronting about drug use...and criminal history....:lol:

some dept's will hire you will little drug use and non violent criminal history (no felonies tho)

they don't want lairs...they want you to be brutally honest in there...

only some states allow it....like VA....Maryland its illegal....

P03t

Rising Star
OG Investor
Yeah mayne we have a fire fighter and ems unit that handles emergencies at JFK, LGA, and Newark.

As far as NYPD its :itsawrap: for them, their commish won't release their records to PAPD, so PA just said eff it NYPD need not apply. All this happened after 9/11.

I'm kinda glad we don't take NYPD anyway, eff em. Also PA lookin to hire bet 500 and 700 cops between now and 2012 because they are forcing a lot of the old goats out who don't want to retire :lol:

The cake is too sweet and the perks are crazy. Also the last papd test in 07 only had 11k take the test and 7k passed.

If you do take the FDNY test again make sure you study bruh thats a good gig with a lot of time off if you work your schedule right. My cousin got on FDNY bout 4 yrs ago, ninja works 4 days straight and get the rest of the month off :lol:

word...I heard some shit like that....NYPD officers trying to run to PA or suffolk county....25k when your in the academy....:lol::smh:

HELL NO!!

man...did you hear they are dropping more requirements for NYPD...i heard they going to start allowing cats to get on w/o college credits...:smh:

frustration + low pay = Justin Volpe....:angry::smh:

they advertise for the NYPD in DC and VA....:smh:

they are desperate....Commish trying to hold on to the cats that are still there...they need a raise....damn did I say that...:lol:

how do I get into Firefighter with PA...whats the requirements...?

put a brotha on....

whats 11k to take 7k pass?

P03t

Rising Star
OG Investor
so a blackman in 2008 is proud of dropping out of school to be a firefighter

interesting....

this is what I want to do brotha...don't judge me....they make a great living with great perks....

but its not about the money.....I love this shit....

next I will be training to become a certified Paramedic.....so I will be in some sort of school....

I've been in College...it wasn't for me...I was in school to become a VET....

BDR

BeatDownRecs
BGOL Investor
word...I heard some shit like that....NYPD officers trying to run to PA or suffolk county....25k when your in the academy....:lol::smh:

HELL NO!!

man...did you hear they are dropping more requirements for NYPD...i heard they going to start allowing cats to get on w/o college credits...:smh:

frustration + low pay = Justin Volpe....:angry::smh:

they advertise for the NYPD in DC and VA....:smh:

they are desperate....Commish trying to hold on to the cats that are still there...they need a raise....damn did I say that...:lol:

how do I get into Firefighter with PA...whats the requirements...?

put a brotha on....

whats 11k to take 7k pass?

NYPD did get a raise to 35k but only get 10 vacation days the 1st five years. As far as dropping the college credits it wouldn't matter because with the college credits they have a bunch of criminals in that department anyway. Ninjas with Class A misdemeanors and Class B and C Felonies. The only thing NYPD doesn't touch is Domestic Violence thats an automatic DQ.

I don't fuck with them dudes.

As far as a PA firefighter its not separate from PA police. The PA Police are the firefighters. So you would have to get on as a Police officer first and then cross train from there.

Make sure you look out for the next test. What ever outstanding issues you have now take care of them and you should be good when you take and pass the test.

Razorfist1

Support BGOL
Registered
Cleveland will be having a test late 2009. At moment you have to be a resident 6 months before taking test, but that might change if residency requirements get thrown out by Ohio Supreme Court.

^SpiderMan^

Mackin Arachnid
BGOL Investor
Firefighter here for 7 years in a large Dept in the Bay Area of California.Im active in our Black Firefighters Association and ive mentored and assisted quite a few people with getting careers.That said,lemme ask you a few questions and please answer HONESTLY.

1-Why do you want to be a firefighter?
2-What are pros/cons (to you) in being a firefighter?
3-What areas of the US are you willing to work/live?

P03t

Rising Star
OG Investor
NYPD did get a raise to 35k but only get 10 vacation days the 1st five years. As far as dropping the college credits it wouldn't matter because with the college credits they have a bunch of criminals in that department anyway. Ninjas with Class A misdemeanors and Class B and C Felonies. The only thing NYPD doesn't touch is Domestic Violence thats an automatic DQ.

I don't fuck with them dudes.

As far as a PA firefighter its not separate from PA police. The PA Police are the firefighters. So you would have to get on as a Police officer first and then cross train from there.

Make sure you look out for the next test. What ever outstanding issues you have now take care of them and you should be good when you take and pass the test.

any links where I can get info on the next exam...?

son...i seen a cop the other day....with braids and tats looking at phat asses in the subway like he was on the block....

they hiring anyone now...:smh:

BROTHAS WATCH OUT!!!!

^SpiderMan^

Mackin Arachnid
BGOL Investor
so a blackman in 2008 is proud of dropping out of school to be a firefighter

interesting....

I dropped out of college to pursue a career in the fire service.All of my homies laughed at me but now 5 years after getting advanced degrees they are asking me about testing.Not that money is everything but im making almost twice what any of them are making.The Fire service is a well kept secret.Especially in California.In my Dept we have a guys with degrees from MIT,Brown,Columbia,quite a few from UC California and others.

P03t

Rising Star
OG Investor
Firefighter here for 7 years in a large Dept in the Bay Area of California.Im active in our Black Firefighters Association and ive mentored and assisted quite a few people with getting careers.That said,lemme ask you a few questions and please answer HONESTLY.

1-Why do you want to be a firefighter?
2-What are pros/cons (to you) in being a firefighter?
3-What areas of the US are you willing to work/live?

1....damn...I just love everything about it...I know its a vague answer.....but just helping ppl...saving lives...the kids...the community...the brotherhood...the adrenaline fighting the beast....just everything bruh....the sirens...i know I sound like a kid....

2....Pros...being a blk FF in most all white DEPT's...showing brothas its a great job...interacting with the community....helping ppl.... (see 1)

cons....hmmm...maybe death of my brother or a victim....failure...

3....I love large DEPT's...but I'm willing to work in small depts...

I've tested in...

FDNY
Prince William County, VA

I have upcoming exams in...

Annapolis, MD
Loudon County, VA

and Aug 23rd 2008 in Washington DC...

I have no whip...i take a long bus ride's down to these areas from NYC....sometimes 4-6 hrs...so I ain't taking this lightly....

also good looks brotha....great to get some guys chiming in....:yes:

P03t

Rising Star
OG Investor
Cleveland will be having a test late 2009. At moment you have to be a resident 6 months before taking test, but that might change if residency requirements get thrown out by Ohio Supreme Court.

I hate that B/S....you thinking about testing bruh?

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
Serious business, always wanted to be a fucking fireman, I respect the fuck out the job/career.