You know your getting older when....

SinaminDelite

Backshot Queen
BGOL Investor
:lol:

Ari I could (and have) watched Law and Order all day !

Thanks to Mr. Jody for the translation---how about I almost never even listen to the radio anymore cuz I think most of today's music is terrible.:(

C/S. The radio is on for exactly 30 seconds four times a week, and that's just to wake me up in the morning. Not only is the music terrible, they play the same crappy songs at least two times an hour. The last time I intentionally listened to a music station on the radio was in '05. NPR however, stays on in my room when I have a lazy Sunday.

Izayoi

Scooty Puff Pilot
BGOL Investor
C/S. The radio is on for exactly 30 seconds four times a week, and that's just to wake me up in the morning. Not only is the music terrible, they play the same crappy songs at least two times an hour. The last time I intentionally listened to a music station on the radio was in '05. NPR however, stays on in my room when I have a lazy Sunday.

I know Sinny, Fresh Air is the shit! :yes:

CT's Finest

Tar Heels/Lakers/Giants
Registered

I don't listen to NPR but I do watch the news (CNN) allot more now. We had CNN and Fox News on at work today, and it was interesting to see how they covered the (Breaking) News of the day. I guess another thing that shows that I getting older is the fact that I always turn to CNN on Saturday mornings before watching or doing anything else. Only an old person would do something like that...
:lol::smh::lol::smh::lol:

SuchATease

Potential Star
BGOL Investor
I remember I could run the streets from sun up to sun down just being around the way running here and there lol Now I need a nap on the weekends or I'm feeling sleepy around 10pm...

lilsexii

Potential Star
OG Investor
When you start saying, "I'm too old for this shit" or "I'm a grown ass woman/man" on a regular basis...

When fashion trends you REMEMBER from your youth come back around - the 80's skinny look is trippin me out - I like some of it but I also know that just because I CAN still wear it doesn't mean I SHOULD, I'm just too mature for some of it...that's being grown too...

When entertainment icons you grew up with start dying...and your kid(s) have no idea who you're talking about...

When you watch an old TV show or movie with younger people and you're the only one laughing because you're the only one who remembers the current events they were referring to...

but I knew what "bust it baby" meant ;)

Last edited:

Detroit's finest

Star
Registered
I just turn 23. I was walking in my old dorm. My friend was playing Plies. I guess it was my hate for most southern rap. I wondered all day what the fuck is a busie baby? :smh: My nephews and I are 6 yrs apart they called my ass old school. I listen to R&B a lot Joe, Eric Roberson among others). I listen to a few rap kats.

I didn't know who lil boosie or Webbie is. I listen to local music from my city. I hate BET and I stay with XM radio. I use to be able to jump out the gym. I can barely dunk anymore. It be me being outta shape.

I'm not as old as I thought. It scared the hell outta me. I realized I was 7yrs away from 30. Damn I'm living it up till than.:lol:

Last edited:

Tha Iron Fist

Star
Registered
The first time I thought I was getting old was when a younger female friend of mine said she thought of me as a uncle. *Had me like WTF :angry: I'm only 30yrs old*.

also the music scene is just not my cup of tea, these youngsters can have it cause I don't want it. :smh:

But I don't feel old I just have a old school way of going about things in life. Not to mention the gray hairs I have, which grandma like to remind me that it's just wisdom boy.:lol:`

Mo-Better

The R&B Master
OG Investor
You stop having birthdays and start celebrating anniversaries of your birthday. Ever seen someone die and the family is confused about the persons real age? :yes:

CT's Finest

Tar Heels/Lakers/Giants
Registered

Is there a reason you're giving me that look lil lady? :hmm::hmm:

*After giving her the double :hmm: he exits the thread Diddy style...*

281y2xz.gif

destinymarie

Potential Star
BGOL Investor
My cousin actually thinks that I'm too old to be doing this..but when I have the place to myself...I looks forward to taking a nice cozy nap...

Also..I have a friend and we're born same day same year...We used to go to the club and stay until it closed..Now I find myself yawning an hour after I get there...oh well...

HGTV, Food Network, CNN and the Travel channel are a few of the channels set to my favorites...Most of my Saturday nights are spent watching Suzie Orman...

I get excited when I see "cool" appliances...i.e. vacuums, microwaves, washer and dryers...so on....

Although my kids are in elementary I dream of the day they get the importance of a FICO score....I knew nothing about that until a few years ago...sigh...