To my BGOL fam. Thank you, but I gotta talk to y'all for a minute.

woodchuck

A crowd pleasing man.
OG Investor
First of all, I want to thank you for your kind words and prayers. I gotta talk to y'all for a minute. The funeral was a trip. His "new" family spent the whole day trying to outfamily his 3 boys. Shit was sad. They were really cool with us before, but at the funeral, they seemed like they were trying to justify their closeness. Shit was pathetic. I knew something was up when I asked my dad's wife was there a theme or color we should wear, and she said no. Then we get to the funeral, and they're all wearing blue & gold, like my pops in the casket. Okay. Before that, I told his wife I wanted to say a few words about my pops, and she told me that there would be a moment where everyone could have 3 minutes to talk. I told her, "Let me rephrase that. I'm gonna need more than 3 minutes. Figure it out." After I said that, she said she'd see what she could do.

After I got there, I see my name on the program, which let me know, they were planning on doing everything without including his 3 boys. Then, they made his 3 boys sit in the 2nd row and started giving these exaggerated speeches about them and my dad. The thing that got me was the guy that gave the eulogy started off with,
"I didn't know Sam that well, but I do know he was a man of few words." :hmm:When he said that my little brother leaned in said, "Who the FUCK is he talking about?!" After that, I reached in my pocket and pulled out my speech. My brother looked at me and said, "Tony MF Rock is going to deliver that speech, huh?" Me: :yes: My wife asked what he meant by that, and he told her that I was not going to say half of what I wrote down. He knew I was going to freestyle that speech. I figured that if that's the game they were going to play, I was going to suit up.

Basically, the gist of my speech was, "
You will never be us! We are his 3 boys! We are the original X-Men, and you niggas are new mutants! We have his blood and DNA running through our bodies, and you will never have that. Suck it! We are his 3 boys that he bragged to y'all about. You ain't us, and you will never be us! People come up to us and say, 'You're Sam's boy!', and your kids will NEVER experience that!" When we showed up at his surprise cookout/birthday party last year, he cried when he saw us. He just thanked everyone else for showing up, and he spent the whole time sitting at our table. That should have showed them that his 3 boys are more important than them. I didn't say it like that, but I'm sure they figured out what I was saying the next day. After the funeral, my little brother said, "They know we're his sons, right? And they know what's getting ready to happen, right?" I told him, "I hope they do." My older brother's wife asked what was about to happen, and my older brother said, "They'll never fucking see us again."

I don't know why people get weird at funerals and weddings. It's like they go all out to prove they know the couple or the person in the casket. Shit is sad.

doe moe

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Shout out to you Brother @woodchuck for standing on your square and honoring your Father.

That is a classy representation of pure manhood.

It's those that stand strong when times are bad we see the true character of a Man.

I salute you my Brother!

8bb3e2d63bd639e37cbea71fd0893c8b_w200.gif

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
First of all, I want to thank you for your kind words and prayers. I gotta talk to y'all for a minute. The funeral was a trip. His "new" family spent the whole day trying to outfamily his 3 boys. Shit was sad. They were really cool with us before, but at the funeral, they seemed like they were trying to justify their closeness. Shit was pathetic. I knew something was up when I asked my dad's wife was there a theme or color we should wear, and she said no. Then we get to the funeral, and they're all wearing blue & gold, like my pops in the casket. Okay. Before that, I told his wife I wanted to say a few words about my pops, and she told me that there would be a moment where everyone could have 3 minutes to talk. I told her, "Let me rephrase that. I'm gonna need more than 3 minutes. Figure it out." After I said that, she said she'd see what she could do.

After I got there, I see my name on the program, which let me know, they were planning on doing everything without including his 3 boys. Then, they made his 3 boys sit in the 2nd row and started giving these exaggerated speeches about them and my dad. The thing that got me was the guy that gave the eulogy started off with,
"I didn't know Sam that well, but I do know he was a man of few words." :hmm:When he said that my little brother leaned in said, "Who the FUCK is he talking about?!" After that, I reached in my pocket and pulled out my speech. My brother looked at me and said, "Tony MF Rock is going to deliver that speech, huh?" Me: :yes: My wife asked what he meant by that, and he told her that I was not going to say half of what I wrote down. He knew I was going to freestyle that speech. I figured that if that's the game they were going to play, I was going to suit up.

You will never be us! We are his 3 boys! We are the original X-Men, and you niggas are new mutants! We have his blood and DNA running through our bodies, and you will never have that. Suck it! We are his 3 boys that he bragged to y'all about. You ain't us, and you will never be us! People come up to us and say, 'You're Sam's boy!', and your kids will NEVER experience that!" When we showed up at his surprise cookout/birthday party last year, he cried when he saw us. He just thanked everyone else for showing up, and he spent the whole time sitting at our table. That should have showed them that his 3 boys are more important than them. I didn't say it like that, but I'm sure they figured out what I was saying the next day. After the funeral, my little brother said, "They know we're his sons, right? And they know what's getting ready to happen, right?" I told him, "I hope they do." My older brother's wife asked what was about to happen, and my older brother said, "They'll never fucking see us again."

I don't know why people get weird at funerals and weddings. It's like they go all out to prove they know the couple or the person in the casket. Shit is sad.

Let me first say thank you for sharing and I'm glad that you're in a space that you're able to share.

I'm sorry to hear that "The" family attempted to treat The 3 Brothers in a way that they didn't deserve, but I'm glad that you set them straight and gave the speech that you wanted and needed to give.

Lastly my eldest Aunt told me something...

She said that the people that did the least when a person was alive, show out the most at funerals because of guilt because they know what they did and didn't do when that person was alive.

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
yeah my aunt's funeral was last friday. i hadn't grieved like that since my mom passed.
she really held us down when we were kids and my dad was locked up.
other than running out of obituaries, we didnt have any silly shit going on.
My aunt was a die hard Dallas Cowboys fan and she was buried in her Cowboys jersey.
It was requested that everyone show up either in Cowboys apparel or colors......which we did.

jawnswoop

It's A Philly Thing
BGOL Investor
I know all about that because family show their true colors at funerals and live in regrets for not doing enough but want to act like they was in that person's life until death.

When my grandfather passed away years ago on my father's side, his oldest sister which was the daughter of my grandfather but never showed up when he got sick and worst because my father would visit my grandfather at the hospital and would try to see him every chance we get when he was dying and his older sister was no where to be found but wanted to act like she did shit for her dad when she didn't.

I made sure to support my father to go visit my grandfather with him until he died because at the time it was hard and to see and watch him break down after he he got the worst phone call of his life from his brother that their father my grandfather had passed was a hurt piece.

But he felt better because he was by his father's side until the end.

When the funeral happened, his older sister cried so much like she was there for her father when she wasn't and live with regrets not being there for her dad before he passed away.

I say this to say, ALL FAMILY AIN"T GOOD FAMILY.

Last edited:

2 ONE 3

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
yeah my aunt's funeral was last friday. i hadn't grieved like that since my mom passed.
My aunt was a die hard Dallas Cowboys fan and she was buried in her Cowboys jersey.
It was requested that everyone show up either in Cowboys apparel or colors......which we did.

Rest In Peace to Auntie and Moms fam

Shadow

The Dark Lord
BGOL Investor
I think my fam knows better than to ever have me talk at a funeral. I unintentionally insulted my dad's wife by telling the truth before (long story). My dad rolled with it. When he passed I just did the military honors and didn't talk. My day's friend from Vietnam came up asking why I ain't talk and I told him "If these people let me talk, I'm turning this place into Niggasaki and they know it." He remember me well growing up so he knew I would air them all out.

Glad your pops is at peace, man.

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
Condolences on the loss of your Father. That shit is not to be taken lightly. You do NOT replace Pops or Moms. Those are just the facts of life.
Tripping on how those others want to be competitive at what would be the absolute saddest time of a person's life. Losing your parents is ONLY topped by losing your children. Which most parents shouldn't have to do. Anyway, you're handling that shit. You and your brothers keep yall heads up.

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
Moral of the story if you have a mixed family have a will and estate planning to avoid drama. If you have elderly parents get them to make a will and plan the funeral arangements while they are alive, anyone who actually cares about their family is not going to be offended by that.

LordSinister

One Punch Mayne
Super Moderator
When my wife's uncle died, and her sister whom he disliked was all up on stage with her bullshit, and telling everyone that his secretary was a 50% holder in his business I almost made a scene.

Some family members are indeed disgusting pieces of shit. I had to add a list of names to my trust to make sure they have nothing to do with my shit.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Felt.
Thankfully nobody tried it at my dad's funeral everyone was on egg shells cause they knew I was on 100000 ready to unleash venom if anyone fucked anything up. Even the pastor let me see his message before he said it to make sure I was ok with it

Looking back I must've been a straight savage handling everything for everyone to be like that

But nothing went wrong and he got sent off right including no church music just straight JAZZ music for the entire ceremony

mk23666

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Went to one funeral in my life, I will never go to another one in my life ... not even the funerals of my parents or siblings or my child or my grand children ... NOT EVEN MY OWN.

SamSneed

Disciple of Zod
BGOL Investor

People fake af lol

Sam’s be some real ass dudes lol

I like to hear bout fathers who are great men

Loved it when bills told me bout his pops, felt like I knew him

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Went to one funeral in my life, I will never go to another one in my life ... not even the funerals of my parents or siblings or my child or my grand children ... NOT EVEN MY OWN.

What about casual memorials or celebrations of life?

One of our guys died at work. He was mid-60s. They aren’t going to hold a traditional funeral. Instead they (6-7 family members) are going to come to our workplace, order in catering and we’re gonna share stories and watch a slideshow about his life.

Same for my friend who OD’d last year. They held a lunch on what would have been his 43rd bday, and shared stories and slideshow. People also signed some rocks which were going to be added to a rock garden at his mom’s home, and some joined the family to spread his ashes at sea the next day. He had a nearly 30 yr drug addiction dating back to junior high. Mostly heroin, but cocaine laced with fentanyl took him out in the stairwell of his apt building in the end.

mk23666

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What about casual memorials or celebrations of life?

One of our guys died at work. He was mid-60s. They aren’t going to hold a traditional funeral. Instead they (6-7 family members) are going to come to our workplace, order in catering and we’re gonna share stories and watch a slideshow about his life.

Same for my friend who OD’d last year. They held a lunch on what would have been his 43rd bday, and shared stories and slideshow. People also signed some rocks which were going to be added to a rock garden at his mom’s home, and some joined the family to spread his ashes at sea the next day. He had a nearly 30 yr drug addiction dating back to junior high. Mostly heroin, but cocaine laced with fentanyl took him out in the stairwell of his apt building in the end.
Sounds nice ... maybe I would go to something like that, but it's still doubtful that's just me. We all grieve (and even celebrate) differently.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Sounds nice ... maybe I would go to something like that, but it's still doubtful that's just me. We all grieve (and even celebrate) differently.

Agreed. There’s no one correct way to grieve or celebrate. Personally, the big church weddings and funerals don’t do it for me too much either. There’s just too much happening.

The first time I went to a celebration of life was for a friend’s dad just shy of 25 years ago. Quiet guy who
loved music and played in a band. The event was held at a small funeral home. They had lots of pictures there and people went up and told some nice stories about him and his band friends went up
and played some instrumental versions of his fave songs on acoustic guitar. It was really nice and genuine. The family loved the gesture.

Thegooch

Pope Gooch is currently brunching with the Devil.
Registered
Thats dope