Yellowstone (2018): 1 Part Justified + 1 Part Sopranos + 1 Part Bonanza + 1 Part Cowboys versus Indians

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
When I stumbled across the article above.

That cat Taylor had a cameo in “Sons of Anarchy” as the Deputy Chief in the first two seasons who tried putting down SoA before getting killed.

I knew I saw him somewhere before.

6a00d8341c630a53ef01348720334e970c-400wi

SoA-Hale-Jax-1620x810.jpg

MV5BNTNlMTJkYjctNzk4MS00ZDFmLTkwYzctMzJjZjMxZWI4ZmI5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODY4NjgyNA@@._V1_.jpg

BlackGoku

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Season Finale this week...i think someone dies...

Bout time John put her in her place...he created this monster...

This stuff with Kayce is kinda filler...really doesn't serve a point IMO

If I was Jimmy, I would have tried to stay a little longer..it dont look like they hurting up there without him, plus i think he's' starting to get more respect down there in Texas..then in another few months he can go back..plus that will give him time to see where things go with the new chick

this season has been kinda meh..but the finale looks like it's going to be good...i didn't watch Grey's Anatomy but i wonder when Shonda was doing Scandal and that How to get away with murder show with Viola davis..did that show suffer...the rumor is that because of 1883 and that other show he's doing on Paramount, that this took away from his focus on Yellowstone

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Yellowstone

Just watched episodes 8 and 9.

The throwback scene to 1883 was interesting with James Dutton dying from his gunshot wounds.

Beth is a funny mofo sitting at the dinner table talking about prostates and tantric massages on dicks and pussies.

The diner robbery scene played out well. Good action.

They got a interim Sheriff being the Sheriff got killed. That brother telling Dutton the rules ain’t change and he plans on enforcing them. He is going to be a interesting character in the future.

The next episode is the season finale, looking forward to it.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Just started today. How many seasons is it?

4 seasons

Yellowstone

Oscar and Emmy winner Kevin Costner is the marquee attraction of the ensemble cast in this drama series, starring as the patriarch of a powerful, complicated family of ranchers. A sixth-generation homesteader and devoted father, John Dutton controls the largest contiguous ranch in the United States. He operates in a corrupt world where politicians are compromised by influential oil and lumber corporations and land grabs make developers billions. Amid shifting alliances, unsolved murders, open wounds, and hard-earned respect, Dutton's property is in constant conflict with those it borders -- an expanding town, an Indian reservation, and America's first national park.

Yellowstone Season 1 Trailer

Yellowstone Season 2 Official Trailer

Yellowstone Season 3 Official Trailer

Yellowstone Season 4 Official Trailer

xxironxx

PhD in Trollin
BGOL Investor
4 seasons

Yellowstone

Oscar and Emmy winner Kevin Costner is the marquee attraction of the ensemble cast in this drama series, starring as the patriarch of a powerful, complicated family of ranchers. A sixth-generation homesteader and devoted father, John Dutton controls the largest contiguous ranch in the United States. He operates in a corrupt world where politicians are compromised by influential oil and lumber corporations and land grabs make developers billions. Amid shifting alliances, unsolved murders, open wounds, and hard-earned respect, Dutton's property is in constant conflict with those it borders -- an expanding town, an Indian reservation, and America's first national park.

Yellowstone Season 1 Trailer

Yellowstone Season 2 Official Trailer

Yellowstone Season 3 Official Trailer

Yellowstone Season 4 Official Trailer

Bet. Wasn't sure my iptv had em all on there. They do.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
How did his other son die. Think I missed that

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
this season has been kinda meh..but the finale looks like it's going to be good...i didn't watch Grey's Anatomy but i wonder when Shonda was doing Scandal and that How to get away with murder show with Viola davis..did that show suffer...the rumor is that because of 1883 and that other show he's doing on Paramount, that this took away from his focus on Yellowstone

That's a good point.

Plus the pandemic fucking up shooting plans for countless TV series & movies the past 2 years.

Sheridan's had to split time with Yellowstone, 1883, and Mayor of Kingstown.

Hugh Dillon (guy who was killed in the diner scene) is a co-creator on Mayor of Kingstown & also has a role there too.

Plus, Sheridan's got 6666 coming at some point this year too.

Busy schedule with his development deal with Paramount (+).

Unrelated side note - Nichole Galicia is on all 3 series in varying capacities ...

xxironxx

PhD in Trollin
BGOL Investor

Ok wasn't sure that was it

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
the rumor is that because of 1883 and that other show he's doing on Paramount, that this took away from his focus on Yellowstone
Anton Fuqua is doing the heavy lifting on Kingstown

I'm looking to see who is carrying 1883 -
not many people around today (in hollywood or indy) that have the experience /know how to really do a western at the level 1883 has been so far

and
these are not 26 episode seasons...
Unrelated side note - Nichole Galicia is on all 3 series in varying capacities ...

:yes:

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

I'm looking to see who is carrying 1883 -
not many people around today (in hollywood or indy) that have the experience /know how to really do a western at the level 1883 has been so far

Props to Fuqua.

True re: 1883 ... westerns are definitely challenging in movie & TV formats. Credit to those who have pulled it off over time with the costuming & feel of authenticity.

Cool to see how the genre has been a go-to genre of Costner's career as well ... Dances with Wolves, Open Range, Yellowstone, Wyatt Earp ...

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Props to Fuqua.

True re: 1883 ... westerns are definitely challenging in movie & TV formats. Credit to those who have pulled it off over time with the costuming & feel of authenticity.

Cool to see how the genre has been the backbone of Costner's career as well ... Dances with Wolves, Open Range, Yellowstone, Wyatt Earp ...
GUEST_848a469a-62bf-4f00-a779-b72473b464e2

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
and
these are not 26 episode seasons...

I was talking to a friend about that the other day. How watered down many sitcoms and network dramas got to be with 20 - 26 episode seasons. How shows ended up jumping the shark, so to speak. Or running well past course.

Personally I'm glad for the shorter limited and miniseries we're seeing much more of these days.

Seasons lasting 4, 5, 6, 8, 10, 12 episodes.

They get in, then get out.

As a viewer with countless options these days ... it's nice to know you don't have to invest as much time. Less overall filler.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
This was a great interview!!!

Jimmy actually reveals the network in the works of filming a series about Bass Reeves starring David Oyelowo

Good channel - she's got lots of interviews indexed -

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

BlackGoku

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Season Finale was a disappointment...as wild as the season started, it was a major letdown...hadn't been this disappointed in a season finale since season 3 of 24, at least that had excitement with Chase getting his hand chopped off..lol

jasonblacc

Rising Star
Registered
Season Finale was a disappointment...as wild as the season started, it was a major letdown...hadn't been this disappointed in a season finale since season 3 of 24, at least that had excitement with Chase getting his hand chopped off..lol
Just finished it and it was weak as hell

and the way they did Jamie is just bad writing

durham

Rising Star
Platinum Member
This was a great interview!!!

Jimmy actually reveals the network in the works of filming a series about Bass Reeves starring David Oyelowo

Dude will fuck up that role :smh:. I swear they act like Black actors don't exist in America.

Last edited:

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
i'm done with this show. Beth ruins it for me, her character is just not believable at all. the whole "i'm the baddest bitch" routine is boring. Other than the old chic, no one can stand up to her? FOH.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

It has been a good 1st season.

Any word on if they're being renewed for a 2nd season? 1 episode to go this current season.

Tough to know how good the ratings have been / maintained, as the bulk of the season has aired on Paramount+, and not the standard Paramount.

Wikipedia -

The series premiered on November 14, 2021 on Paramount+.

During its debut in the US, which was simulcast on cable as a means of promotion, the series drew 2.6 million viewers linearly, making it Paramount Network's most-watched scripted premiere since 2018.[18]

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Yellowstone

Just watched the season finale. They mainly set it up for new storylines for next season.

Jimmy got his act together and is now a cowboy. His new fiancé and old girlfriend going at it was funny.

Beth crazy ass is going for mode in protecting her father.

Surprised Jamie took down his old man like that.

Hopefully Kacey got his head cleared.

Looking forward to the next season.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member

Watched episode 2 this morning.

Tom Hanks made a surprise cameo playing a Union General George Meade. . His wife Rita Wilson is scheduled to debut later in the season.

Billy Bob Thorton cameo playing a lawman. His character is real life based on Jim Courtright who was a legendary gunfighter and lawman in Texas. He played the role real good.

The series continues showing the hardship of what life was like back in those days. They aren't making it seem like it was a great time to live the way these MAGA mofos want people to believe.

Looking forward to the rest of the series.

therealjondoe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Watched episode 2 this morning.

Tom Hanks made a surprise cameo playing a Union General George Meade. . His wife Rita Wilson is scheduled to debut later in the season.

Billy Bob Thorton cameo playing a lawman. His character is real life based on Jim Courtright who was a legendary gunfighter and lawman in Texas. He played the role real good.

The series continues showing the hardship of what life was like back in those days. They aren't making it seem like it was a great time to live the way these MAGA mofos want people to believe.

Looking forward to the rest of the series.

That bar scene was great with Billy Bob. Been watching his 'Goliath' series the past year and change. Gonna start season 3 soon.

Rita Wilson has a funny drinking scene with Faith Hill on the last episode of 1883.