Whovians!!!

Noir

Support BGOL
Registered
I hear you Melon! :yes:

I may not catch it tonight, but BBC America repeats their shows constantly. The show on the First Doctor, William Hartnell was great.

melonpecan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I hear you Melon! :yes:

I may not catch it tonight, but BBC America repeats their shows constantly. The show on the First Doctor, William Hartnell was great.

I only caught the 1st doctor run ONCE. I tried to see if they were going to reair it and I didn't see that they did. Since it's 50 years they doing a doctor a month (which means we get to see 12 in December? Christmas Special?) and it doesn't look like they are reairing these. They are under Dr. Who : Revisited if anyone is searching on Comcast btw.

This is going to be a treat though cause it's the 2nd and 3rd doctors that are missing episodes.

Noir

Support BGOL
Registered
I only caught the 1st doctor run ONCE. I tried to see if they were going to reair it and I didn't see that they did. Since it's 50 years they doing a doctor a month (which means we get to see 12 in December? Christmas Special?) and it doesn't look like they are reairing these. They are under Dr. Who : Revisited if anyone is searching on Comcast btw.

This is going to be a treat though cause it's the 2nd and 3rd doctors that are missing episodes.

I have Cablevision, but they are re-airing the First Doctor from 5-8PM followed by the Second Doctor. BBC America tends too bunch their shows into marathons, and I am sure as they get a few under the belt they will start having day long marathons of the previous revisited episodes followed by the latest episode.

For the missing footage, basically they will have a series of still shots with the dialogue playing. Almost like an old-time radio drama. I do not mind since I am used to listening to classic shows in a radio format.

melonpecan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I have Cablevision, but they are re-airing the First Doctor from 5-8PM followed by the Second Doctor. BBC America tends too bunch their shows into marathons, and I am sure as they get a few under the belt they will start having day long marathons of the previous revisited episodes followed by the latest episode.

For the missing footage, basically they will have a series of still shots with the dialogue playing. Almost like an old-time radio drama. I do not mind since I am used to listening to classic shows in a radio format.

I wouldn't mind but it's gonna be interesting to see what they pick to show. You still got Cablevision? My old apartment had Cablevision lines and when Comcast came out they laughed at us.

props,,i been down with the Doctor since the 80s

Just getting into it...loving it...

Noir

Support BGOL
Registered
I wouldn't mind but it's gonna be interesting to see what they pick to show. You still got Cablevision? My old apartment had Cablevision lines and when Comcast came out they laughed at us.

Well in NYC the two cable companies are Time Warner and Cablevision, and each company has a monopoly on specific parts of the city.

The only other options are FIOS (which may not be in my area) or Dish/Satellite (which sucks). Even though I get bent over the table every month, I am satisfied with my service. I never had a service interruption until the aftermath of Super Storm Sandy and ironically the only thing that went out was the internet service and phone. It took two visits, but it was the outside line which was damaged by water.

melonpecan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Well in NYC the two cable companies are Time Warner and Cablevision, and each company has a monopoly on specific parts of the city.

The only other options are FIOS (which may not be in my area) or Dish/Satellite (which sucks). Even though I get bent over the table every month, I am satisfied with my service. I never had a service interruption until the aftermath of Super Storm Sandy and ironically the only thing that went out was the internet service and phone. It took two visits, but it was the outside line which was damaged by water.

Down here it's either Dish, Comcast, or DirecTV. Dude said they didn't have Cablevision since the 80's. If I want FIOS I gotta move outside what is considered the metropolitan area.

Monopolies... :smh:

Noir

Support BGOL
Registered
Was going to go out to grab a bite and maybe hit this bar for part of the Oscars, but now feel like staying in and will probably catch Who:Revisited. I hope they show a good episode, the episode on the Mayans for the First Doctor was a hard to remain interested in until the end.

ScorpDiesel

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Episodes of the 2nd Doctor tonight at 8pm on BBCAmerica.

Just sayin'.​

1340292320568.jpg

Man, fuck off the dayum internet with this retarded bullshit.

DeSiRe

The Get It Girl
BGOL Investor
i will be watching!!

when i watch doctor who it takes up like 99% of my attention...i cant switch back from the oscars

ill have to catch a later episode or something

melonpecan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
David is sexy with the beard, (SOL me if you want).

They did about an hour or so of clips of the 2nd and now they into the episodes...

...apparently the 2nd is the archetype of all the modern doctors...this is good (had it on pause for a while)

melonpecan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yo...I know most of the episodes of the Third Doctor are lost/destroyed but we really didn't get a Doctor's Revisited special this month?

Boooo!

(season start on Saturday)

DeSiRe

The Get It Girl
BGOL Investor
onnnnneeee moooooreeee weeeeeeeek!!!

i cant wait for this to get started back again...so many unanswered questions...how is this new companion able to die so many times...in so many different places in time

the suspense is killing me :(

melonpecan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
onnnnneeee moooooreeee weeeeeeeek!!!

i cant wait for this to get started back again...so many unanswered questions...how is this new companion able to die so many times...in so many different places in time

the suspense is killing me :(

e3aab011b0773711672755fc7e968c00.jpg

Tinman

I Haz Risen
Registered
David Tennant confirms Dr Who return

WC TV Feed 30 March 2013 13:50 GMT

173139-david-tennant-hints-at-doctor-who-anniversary-appearance.jpg

Scots actor David Tennant has confirmed that he is returning to the role of Dr Who.

Tennant, who played the 10th Doctor in the cult BBC sci-fi series, has said that he will have a role in the 50th anniversary special edition.

Billie Piper will also resume the role of the Doctor’s companion Rose Tyler, despite having previously said that she would not be returning to the show.

In January, Billie told the Graham Norton Show: "I wasn't asked, no.

"I think Matt Smith [the current Doctor Who] may have said, in passing or in jest, it would be nice.

"I think maybe he said that and then it became something quite different, but no."

Smith has said that he believes the anniversary edition will be “epic” and said that the script "manages to pay homage to everything - and look forward".

He told the BBC: "I read it and I clapped at the end.

"I think it's hilarious, it's epic and it's vast.

This article is powered by Well Contented Ltd

http://entertainment.stv.tv/tv/219568-david-tennant-confirms-dr-who-return/

Leatherf7ce

Phantom of the Chakras
BGOL Investor
Hell yeah, ready for the ride! Blunts rolled, kids scrubbed, waiting on pizza and my lady get in from work. Been a Helluva day! :yes:

melonpecan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Soooo many more questions now than what I had from last Christmas.

So

Many

More

Now don't forget, Pertwee as the Third has his special in fifteen minutes.

Tinman

I Haz Risen
Registered
I'm looking for this stage performance. Any ideas what it might be?

I tried serching Rooftop 3100 and got nothing.

tumblr_ma1cxuv31A1qzfayyo4_1280.jpg

tumblr_ma1cxuv31A1qzfayyo3_1280.jpg

:lol: