Whovians!!!

HAR125LEM

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I honestly haven't been a fan of "DOCTOR WHO" since the Tom Baker days.

But with the recent announcement of Matt Smith's departure, if that role goes to Helen Mirren (MY WIFE) or even Idris Elba (BADASS BROTHER)...

FAN FOR LIFE!!!

A Female or Black "DOCTOR WHO" would not only be beyond AWESOME!!!,
But you're talking about possibly giving that role to the two COOLEST Brit actors on TV/Screen.

melonpecan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Matt Smith leaving Doctor Who after the christmas special

Doctor Who star Matt Smith is to leave his role as the Doctor at the end of this year, the BBC has announced.

After four years as the Time Lord on the BBC One show, viewers will see Smith's Doctor regenerate in the 2013 Christmas special.

The 30-year-old actor said working on the show had been "the most brilliant experience".

Doctor Who marks its 50th anniversary in November with a special episode, which Smith has already filmed.

The BBC said Smith's "spectacular exit" was yet to be revealed and would be "kept tightly under wraps".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-22741493

I KNEW IT!

You can't do a special with a doctor a month and have the 11th doctor for month 12! HA!

I honestly haven't been a fan of "DOCTOR WHO" since the Tom Baker days.

But with the recent announcement of Matt Smith's departure, if that role goes to Helen Mirren (MY WIFE) or even Idris Elba (BADASS BROTHER)...

FAN FOR LIFE!!!

A Female or Black "DOCTOR WHO" would not only be beyond AWESOME!!!,
But you're talking about possibly giving that role to the two COOLEST Brit actors on TV/Screen.

Are you my brother? :lol:
I don't know about Idrissa...he got a lot of stuff going on but if River was a Black chick, anything is possible. I don't think he'll change genders though.

Watching the Comic Con footage now.

Hopefully there's no spoilers #river

DeSiRe

The Get It Girl
BGOL Investor
Matt Smith leaving Doctor Who after the christmas special

Doctor Who star Matt Smith is to leave his role as the Doctor at the end of this year, the BBC has announced.

After four years as the Time Lord on the BBC One show, viewers will see Smith's Doctor regenerate in the 2013 Christmas special.

The 30-year-old actor said working on the show had been "the most brilliant experience".

Doctor Who marks its 50th anniversary in November with a special episode, which Smith has already filmed.

The BBC said Smith's "spectacular exit" was yet to be revealed and would be "kept tightly under wraps".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-22741493

I'm very happy and a little sad...smith was finally starting to grow on me

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
Peter Capaldi

Peter-Capaldi-5432378.jpg

The 12th Doctor what do you think?

Last edited:

Tinman

I Haz Risen
Registered
They need to bring back the Cyber Woman.

She'd make a great companion for the Doctor...

5715798086_569fa5e545_z.jpg

Cyberwoman-1x04-torchwood-978727_600_360.jpg

Ok, she might not be a great companion. I just want to look at her.
:lol:

melonpecan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I heard!

Don't know who he is but Britain's celebrating him.

And I had to point this out on Pinterest, (Capaldi's IMBD page):

offsite

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
I'm just glad they didn't go with some young hipster to try lure in younger viewers, I'm guessing the new companion wont be getting any dick since they went with an old guy too. I heard he is close friends with Craig Fergeson so that probably helped him land the role

kinglickk

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
onnnnneeee moooooreeee weeeeeeeek!!!

i cant wait for this to get started back again...so many unanswered questions...how is this new companion able to die so many times...in so many different places in time

the suspense is killing me :(

same here!

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I'm very happy and a little sad...smith was finally starting to grow on me

yeah...I really didn't like him or his look initially and just when I was really liking him...

Good Luck cause I don't see him having a big film career but I would love to be proven wrong.

But this is an EXCELLENT choice! :yes:

melonpecan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Just so you know the show that made Capaldi great "In the thick of it" (I believe) it's on hulu. all episodes.

check out whites too, pretty funny

Tinman

I Haz Risen
Registered
Bill Nighy Talks Turning Down 'Doctor Who'; Praises Peter Capaldi

Posted: 08/14/2013 5:22 pm EDT

r-BILL-NIGHY-DOCTOR-WHO-large570.jpg

Bill Nighy turned down the lead role of "Doctor Who."

The "Love Actually" star said he won't reveal when he was asked to take on the role, just that he was asked. "I will say that I was approached. But I didn't want to be the Doctor. No disrespect to 'Doctor Who' or anything, I just think that it comes with too much baggage," he told The People in 2012.

Peter Capaldi is taking over the role of the Doctor from Matt Smith for the upcoming eigth season of "Doctor Who." "Being asked to play the Doctor is an amazing privilege," Capaldi said. "Like the Doctor himself I find myself in a state of utter terror and delight."

Nighy told The Express that Capaldi is a "marvelous actor," adding, "He'll be very good as the Doctor. He'll bring a lot of wit and dry humor. He's elegant and he looks great."

Leading up to the casting of Capaldi, there was a lot of chatter surrounding the race and gender of the next actor to take on the lead role in "Doctor Who." Oscar winner Helen Mirren said it was time for a female Doctor, but it wouldn't be her.

"I'm not going to be the first female 'Doctor Who.' No, no, no. Absolutely not, I absolutely wouldn't contemplate that ... but I do think it's well over-time to have a female 'Doctor Who' ... I think a gay, black female 'Doctor Who' would be best of all,” Mirren told "Daybreak."

Writer Neil Gaiman said a black actor was approached to take on the role, but didn't say whether it was for the twelfth incarnation. "I know one black actor who was already offered the part of the Doctor, and who turned it down," Gaiman wrote on his blog.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/14/bill-nighy-doctor-who_n_3757337.html

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
BBC America to simulcast 'Doctor Who' 50th anniversary special

BBC America will not be accused of under-celebrating the 50th anniversary of "Doctor Who" later this month, as the channel just announced an elaborate weeklong schedule of "Who"-related events, culminating in a global simulcast of the show's anniversary special on Saturday, November 23 at 2:50 p.m. Eastern.

:dance:

Count23

International
International Member
bastard said 3pm, luckily I had tuned in early

BBC America to simulcast 'Doctor Who' 50th anniversary special

BBC America will not be accused of under-celebrating the 50th anniversary of "Doctor Who" later this month, as the channel just announced an elaborate weeklong schedule of "Who"-related events, culminating in a global simulcast of the show's anniversary special on Saturday, November 23 at 2:50 p.m. Eastern.

:dance:

:confused: