Wendy's is making a $20 million push into breakfast with menu items like a coffee-infused Frosty and

Discussion in 'Blackgirl Online' started by MASTERBAKER, Sep 13, 2019 at 10:34 PM.

1. MASTERBAKER

MASTERBAKER ヽ(͡° ͜ʖ Grown Folks Board/cooking♥️ Super Moderator

Wendy's is making a $20 million push into breakfast with menu items like a coffee-infused Frosty and a Breakfast Baconator

[​IMG]
    Wendy's has a new nationwide breakfast menu.
    Courtesy of Wendy's
    • Wendy's is rolling out a nationwide breakfast menu in 2020, and it includes three new items: the Honey Butter Chicken Biscuit, the Breakfast Baconator, and the Frosty-ccino.
    • The expanded menu will cost the company an estimated $20 million and add 20,000 jobs to accommodate extended hours.
    • Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.

Wendy's is finally betting big on breakfast.

After years as the lone major fast-food chain without a national breakfast menu, the company announced on Monday it will debut revamped morning offerings in all US restaurants in 2020. The expanded menu will cost the company an estimated $20 million as well as open up an additional 20,000 jobs to accomodate longer hours.

The updated menu includes three new breakfast items:

• The Honey Butter Chicken Sandwich: Fried chicken and whipped honey butter on a biscuit.
    • The Breakfast Baconator: An egg, six strips of Applewood smoked bacon, a breakfast sausage patty, two slices of American cheese, and swiss cheese hollandaise sauce on a bun.
    • The Frosty-ccino: Cold-brew coffee mixed with either chocolate or vanilla Frosty cream.
    "Launching breakfast in our US restaurants nationwide provides incredible growth opportunities," Wendy's CEO Todd Penegor said in a statement. "We are well-positioned to pursue it. We believe we have the right team and structure in place, and we put Wendy's fan favorites on our breakfast menu to set us apart from the competition."

Though some Wendy's enthusiasts took to Twitter to share excitement over the expanded menu, investors have a less optimistic disposition. Wendy's shares fell dramatically on Tuesday following the company's lowered profit expectations for the year.

Read more: Wendy's nosedives after slashing its profit outlook amid plans to expand its breakfast line nationwide

Peter Saleh, BTIG's managing director and restaurants analyst, expressed skepticism over the effort and its capacity to help drive the bottom line.

"While breakfast remains a major hole in the concept's offering, we believe this launch could prove to be an uphill battle much like the previous attempt," he wrote. "General consensus was the habitual nature of breakfast made it hard to break in and uncertain cannibalization left franchisees hesitant to adopt."

ADVERTISING
    inRead invented by Teads
    Wendy's has trialed breakfast menu items several times over the course of the past decade, including a 2010 plan to launch in 1,000 test markets that eventually petered out. In 2014, then-CEO Emil Brolick maintained that the chain would not push into breakfast in an interview with Bloomberg TV.

"We have tested breakfast many times over the years and we feel, as virtually the only large national chain that hasn't gotten into breakfast, it's very difficult to enter that space today and commit the kind of marketing resources that we feel would be necessary to really entrench ourselves successfully," Brolick said at the time.

Wendy's breakfast is currently available in 300 test markets and will be fully available nationwide in the coming year.

2. kogalee-muhammad

kogalee-muhammad Active Member Registered

Goddam, they need to get rid of that fuckin pork! :smh:

But if they do a chicken biscuit with egg, im down! :yes:

:scared:

:hmm:

Aruh...

Fuck it! Imma get clowned anyway!

AAAGGGHHH!!!!!!! FUCK IT GODDAMMIT!!!! :angry:

Them GODDAM BUTTER Biscuits look GOODER THAN A MUTHAFUCKA!!!! :yes:

3. easy_b

easy_b Well-Known Member BGOL Investor

4. Last Dayz

Last Dayz Soul Thief Certified Pussy Poster

They see McDonald's doin well gettin that breakfast bag i guess and said fuggit.

5. kogalee-muhammad

They need to add some hotcakes/waffles
    a chicken egg butter biscuit sandwich
    a TURKEY sausage and egg butter biscuit sandwich
    hashbrown
    chicken roll with egg

:yes:

6. easy_b

easy_b Well-Known Member BGOL Investor

I don’t like McDonald’s lunch anymore but the breakfast is still hanging on pretty good Burger King is pretty decent ( if the hashbrowns are hot ) with the egg and cheese croissant that’s why I mostly get.

7. BKF

BKF Well-Known Member BGOL Investor

They keep trying.

8. kogalee-muhammad

I want a chicken and egg butter biscuit woise than I want some bean pie! :angry:

9. The Plutonian

The Plutonian The Anti Bullshitter BGOL Investor

Innovate or die. Ask blockbuster :D

10. Ceenote

Ceenote Thinkn with My 3rd Eye! BGOL Investor

Interesting...

11. The Plutonian

I ate the oatmeal and years ago the steak biscuit. Which was probably rat meat flavored with essence of beef. Coffee sucks now too. And. Every blue moon. The fries. That’s it. Period :(

killagram likes this.
  12. Rembrandt Brown

Rembrandt Brown Slider BGOL Patreon Investor

"Breakfast Baconator"-- If Jay Leno was still hosting the tonight show, this would result in two weeks worth of jokes about "How much fatter do we need to be in America?"

Two slices of American cheese and swiss cheese hollandaise sauce is a bit much for a breakfast sandwich.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019 at 11:10 PM
  13. Rembrandt Brown

14. respiration

respiration /ˌrespəˈrāSH(ə)n/ BGOL Investor

I could see that Frosty-ccino taking off in a big way. It needs a better name though.

Also, there should be an option to have a burger patty instead of a sausage patty for the breakfast baconator.

15. Rembrandt Brown

Do you think it has changed?

I can't tell the difference between them and Starbucks. So I'm a fan of their $1 coffee.

TENT likes this.
  16. The Plutonian

Yea, I went to about 4 different ones asking for coffee and it has definitely changed. I was mad :confused: managers was like it’s the same coffee. I said nah. Hell nah. It ain’t dude :angry:

17. TENT

TENT Well-Known Member BGOL Investor

Y'all niggas is some fat fuckers. You dont need chicken AND egg in a sandwich. Shit.

18. TENT

TENT Well-Known Member BGOL Investor

You got to be 300lbs.

The Plutonian likes this.
  19. kogalee-muhammad

No man. Lol

20. black again

black again Well-Known Member BGOL Investor

My thinking...if you're starting from scratch..and in this time of healthier options...

Why not TRY to offer something a lil healthier?

21. YoungSinister

YoungSinister Well-Known Member BGOL Investor

About time
    Just wish it was the old Wendy’s doing this

22. The Plutonian

That takes too much money and marketing. They’d rather just continue sending mf to their graves with the slop they’ve already perfected. Health be damned. Go to your deaths by ingesting this filth:smh:

black again likes this.
  23. killagram

killagram Well-Known Member BGOL Investor

24. big enos burrnet

big enos burrnet Well-Known Member BGOL Investor

McDonalds ol'dry ass biscuit sandwich....aint nothing touching that spicy chicken biscuit joint from chic fill a....dont mind trying that honey butter chicken biscuit...

25. shaddyvillethug

shaddyvillethug Youngest in charge BGOL Investor

I’m Pullin in now

26. dbluesun

dbluesun Well-Known Member BGOL Gold Member

nobody beats white castle breakfast

27. TheyCallMeBe

TheyCallMeBe Well-Known Member BGOL Investor

Menu looks disgusting

28. Star

Star Well-Known Member BGOL Patreon Investor

Take Me Back to 1985, Wendys had the good Breakfast
    Those was omelette's

29. Complex

Complex Well-Known Member BGOL Investor

Didn't they do this before and it failed?

What's the difference now?