McDonald's buying Krispy Kreme?

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
I litteraly watch my donuts from crispy cremes go in the fryer. They are as fresh as you can get. Mcdonalds ain't got them fryers nor the signs. It's like buying a crispy creme at the supermarket. Not the same experience. If you have ever been hi in college and that light comes on OMG heaven must be like this.
Dude, watching them go into the fryer doesn't mean made by hand......that's cooking them and they were glazed through a machine... Dunkin made them by completely by hand..... from the mixing, to rolling out the dough and individually cutting the donuts.... I've done it when I used to work there.... and after I fried them, each ring donut was picked up, placed on a rod, then rolled through the glaze, and hung on a rack to drip dry and cool... there used to be a night baker and a day baker in every store

theoriginalgreatone

MOAR
BGOL Investor
Dude, watching them go into the fryer doesn't mean made by hand......that's cooking them and they were glazed through a machine... Dunkin made them by completely by hand..... from the mixing, to rolling out the dough and individually cutting the donuts.... I've done it when I used to work there.... and after I fried them, each ring donut was picked up, placed on a rod, then rolled through the glaze, and hung on a rack to drip dry and cool... there used to be a night baker and a day baker in every store

Those dds that were made fresh are a thing of the past. Especially in the north east. They are all from factory's now a days! So wack

Temujin

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

dunkin was never hot out the fryer and that shit makes all the difference. Fuck handmade I want my donuts hot and delicious Dunkin donuts was always wack to me.

Ceenote

Thinkn with My 3rd Eye!
Platinum Member
McDonalds knew it was a matter of time that their company would get exposed for bad health and over priced food. They needed something new to keep the gravy train going. I predict 10 years they will be in bankruptcy.

I predict that prediction is wrong they will buy up whatever company to stay a float if it was like that...but im sorry to tell u profit margins are up big!! While people keep telling u they aint good their drive thru stay packed! Ijs

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
dunkin was never hot out the fryer and that shit makes all the difference. Fuck handmade I want my donuts hot and delicious Dunkin donuts was always wack to me.
You're not catching on.... I worked at a Dunkin before the fire department.... the donuts were glazed immediately after frying, otherwise the glaze wouldn't melt on them in the right thickness.... and the glaze has to cool before you could handle them, otherwise they would all stick together..... there just wasn't no light on the roof alerting everyone when they were immediately ready.. reading is fundamental sir
sidebar: and you're not getting them "hot out of the fryer" at Krispy..... they got to cool and dry first

:cheers:

ghoststrike

Rising Star
Platinum Member
McDonald's needs to either pay a living wage to their employees or hire better employees maybe both. I have never seen a disgruntled Chic-fil-A employee.

Neither have I.

Chick Fil A employees always look happy to be there, especially the female employees, they're bubbly AF in attitude and look like they're ready to take on the world like the care bears cartoon.

JazzyBenz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Apple fritters sound good. I’ve bought them from the local grocery store on occasion when priced right (damn good too).

Can’t recall exactly, but McD’s does (or did) deal with Seattle’s Best for their coffee blends, right?
highly doubt Seattle's Best...that's Burger King fo sho...str8 garbage...:puke: McD's is Gavina! I'm gonna look for that on the shelf but it's pretty good IMO:yes:

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
highly doubt Seattle's Best...that's Burger King fo sho...str8 garbage...:puke: McD's is Gavina! I'm gonna look for that on the shelf but it's pretty good IMO:yes:

Ok - cool. Thanks for the clarification.

In Canada ... Tim Horton's is really popular with the coffee crowd, despite it being so-so at best. Their stores are regularly busy around the clock. People like their donuts and muffins too. At the end of the year, we get a few giftcards at work for places like Starbucks, Tim Horton's, etc. A few holiday season gifts. In the past few years I've picked up a few boxes of the donuts and muffins. The wild blueberry and fruit explosion muffins were pretty damn good. Especially on a cold winter morning.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
1d045572-8151-4886-bf88-4ddcefaf30e8-retina-large-jpeg

IMG_9497-featured.jpg

West Endian

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Ok - cool. Thanks for the clarification.

In Canada ... Tim Horton's is really popular with the coffee crowd, despite it being so-so at best. Their stores are regularly busy around the clock. People like their donuts and muffins too. At the end of the year, we get a few giftcards at work for places like Starbucks, Tim Horton's, etc. A few holiday season gifts. In the past few years I've picked up a few boxes of the donuts and muffins. The wild blueberry and fruit explosion muffins were pretty damn good. Especially on a cold winter morning.
I remember when Tim's used to make their donuts in-house, you would buy a dozen off of the smell alone.

Simply Sickenin'

Valar Morghulis ....
BGOL Investor
I've actually never had Krispy Kreme.
There ain't one within a 30 minutes of me in my direction.

Maybe McDonald's buying them will lead to more shops and more areas :dunno:

I just I get an OG Krispy Kreme donut in this life before McDonald's cheapens the formula.

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I've said this before but I didn't like KK donuts,got a dozen ate one hot in the car and had a serious moment of a rush,a sugar rush to my brain and started sweating....diabetic sugar spike,took them shits to my parents and they said the samething,too much sugar and who eats this?.

I've never been back....and that KK didn't last a year before it was closed down and I understand why.

Ceenote

Thinkn with My 3rd Eye!
Platinum Member
I've said this before but I didn't like KK donuts,got a dozen ate one hot in the car and had a serious moment of a rush,a sugar rush to my brain and started sweating....diabetic sugar spike,took them shits to my parents and they said the samething,too much sugar and who eats this?.

I've never been back....and that KK didn't last a year before it was closed down and I understand why.

I feel ya.. but many love that kind of stuff everyday. I cant get into it like that either..

West Endian

Rising Star
BGOL Investor